Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 15:38   Link #3141
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Any news about ME3 from E3?

btw, Mark Meer returns to VA work in booth for ME 3 DLC.
Just that ME3 would be a launch title for Wii U of all things. Bizarre, isn't it?
Old 2012-06-06, 20:06   Link #3142
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Any news about ME3 from E3?

btw, Mark Meer returns to VA work in booth for ME 3 DLC.
I haven't heard anything besides the WiiU announcement. Maybe they are running with a policy of they won't mention the game so people won't jump them .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Just that ME3 would be a launch title for Wii U of all things. Bizarre, isn't it?
I wish them luck with that, enough time has passed they aren't going to catch that many people unaware with that ending.
Old 2012-06-08, 21:24   Link #3143
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can't stop laughing at this.

Old 2012-06-10, 09:24   Link #3144
Key Board
Carbon

http://kotaku.com/5917131/strikingly...-dlc-extension

well then, it's round 3 of the MP DLC expansion
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 09:34   Link #3145
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
http://kotaku.com/5917131/strikingly...-dlc-extension

well then, it's round 3 of the MP DLC expansion
If true then the expanded cut will be as weak as expected. Mostly just a bare bones epilogue that they should have had in the first place. Ending should still remain garbage, but at least less smelly garbage .
Old 2012-06-10, 09:51   Link #3146
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
If true then the expanded cut will be as weak as expected. Mostly just a bare bones epilogue that they should have had in the first place. Ending should still remain garbage, but at least less smelly garbage .
It's not like it'll be the first franchise that goes down the drain these days. Max Payne 3 was as far off from the original Max Payne as humanly possible, a name change might have actually preserved the franchise, although truth be told, it should have ended with the first one.

And before someone says DA is also lost to us, I found DA2 ok but given bioware's (and other companies record of killing their franchises in the most horrible way, e.g Diablo, MP, ME), from now on, it's play before you buy for me, through any means possible. I'm done blinding wasting money on subpar games (or even crap).
Old 2012-06-10, 10:24   Link #3147
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Another rainbow ending, perhaps?
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 10:34   Link #3148
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well, it's a rainbow ending with more than just three colors now. Now you get to see red, green, blue and a few other colors after you picked one.

Looks like not getting our hopes up was the right choice.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 10:36   Link #3149
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Good thing I gave the game to my cousin... now he gets to experience the same pain we all did. I gotta spread the love
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 16:56   Link #3150
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
It's not like it'll be the first franchise that goes down the drain these days. Max Payne 3 was as far off from the original Max Payne as humanly possible
Good grief, you're probably the first person I've seen that complained about MP3, like that (and even Diablo, to boot). I found it absurdly fun, if a tad overly difficult at times, myself... And I still have the first two, in their original cardboard boxes, to boot.

As for the ME3 rumors... Hopefully, the new maps manage to keep the fun. As for the Extended Cut DLC... We'll see when it comes out.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-10, 17:42   Link #3151
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Good grief, you're probably the first person I've seen that complained about MP3, like that (and even Diablo, to boot). I found it absurdly fun, if a tad overly difficult at times, myself... And I still have the first two, in their original cardboard boxes, to boot.
The word that best describes these particular two is "travesty", from start to finish. Unlike them, ME3 at least honors its predecessors until the last 10 minutes. Seriously, Diablo and Max Payne 3 could have been given a random name and people would hardly notice, other than it looks like some other game. MP in particular bears no resemblance to the previous one. In the previous 2, although I still fail to see how MP2 was a worthy sequel to 1, Max failures are a product of things totally out of his control. In MP3, first he's drunk and stupid, then he's just stupid. That's hardly Max, not to mention the whole noir feel has gone down the drain. It was pretty evident from the pre-released screenshots that something was terribly wrong.

I'd still choose to pay for ME3 over Max Payne 3 or Diablo 3 any day of the week because, unless the other two, scrapping its last 10 minutes leaves you with the game you expected to play, generally faithful to its prequels.
Old 2012-06-11, 01:52   Link #3152
Destined_Fate

London...?

Don't tell me Andersan will be the one giving the MP crowd their briefing. It would be horrible.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:54   Link #3153
Aqua Knight

Some fun
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2012-06-12, 17:52   Link #3154
Elestia

Quote:
The word that best describes these particular two is "travesty", from start to finish. Unlike them, ME3 at least honors its predecessors until the last 10 minutes. Seriously, Diablo and Max Payne 3 could have been given a random name and people would hardly notice, other than it looks like some other game. MP in particular bears no resemblance to the previous one. In the previous 2, although I still fail to see how MP2 was a worthy sequel to 1, Max failures are a product of things totally out of his control. In MP3, first he's drunk and stupid, then he's just stupid. That's hardly Max, not to mention the whole noir feel has gone down the drain. It was pretty evident from the pre-released screenshots that something was terribly wrong.
You might be interested in watching this video. It talks about the ongoing trend big publishers are eschewing out these days.

I'm more curious to see the reaction of the fans of ME more than the actual expanded ending. The amount of enjoyment I got from watching indoctrination theories and criticisms provided me more entertainment than the original ending ever did.
Old 2012-06-12, 18:07   Link #3155
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
You might be interested in watching this video. It talks about the ongoing trend big publishers are eschewing out these days.

I'm more curious to see the reaction of the fans of ME more than the actual expanded ending. The amount of enjoyment I got from watching indoctrination theories and criticisms provided me more entertainment than the original ending ever did.
Pretty good video.

The internet is all about drama and nerd rage anyway
Old 2012-06-13, 07:30   Link #3156
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
The word that best describes these particular two is "travesty", from start to finish.
Oooooookay. Forget I said anything.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 14:11   Link #3157
Aqua Knight

Extended Cut DLC comes out on June 26 !!! WOW!!!

But don't get your hopes up

http://masseffect.bioware.com/about/extended_cut/
Old 2012-06-22, 14:36   Link #3158
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Yeah

Spoiler:

me thinks they're digging a deeper hole.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 14:38   Link #3159
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

At this point I don't think anyone has high hopes for it in the first place.

On a completely random note is it just me or does the difficulty of the multiplayer seem to skyrocket whenever one of these "free" packs comes out ?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 14:40   Link #3160
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
At this point I don't think anyone has high hopes for it in the first place.

On a completely random note is it just me or does the difficulty of the multiplayer seem to skyrocket whenever one of these "free" packs comes out ?
Geth faction have received several buffs since the first DLC

Geth Hunters will outright murder you if they catch you offguard. You like stun locks? Well there's many more from where that came from!

A WILD GETH HUNTER APPEARS!

Geth Hunter uses Geth Plasma Shotgun

Your turn:

Throw a grenade -> NOPE STUNLOCK
biotic charge -> NOPE STUNLOCK
ballastic blade? NOPE STUNLOCK
rocket launcher? HA HA HA HA.. STUNLOCK

and don't get me started on Rocket Troopers and their bullshit always first draw curving rockets

really, my current policy for MP is: hope for Cerberus, but expect Geth

"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass