AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-06, 14:42   Link #1641
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The manga ended for about half a year about the same time as the second season of the anime ended. This became the end of Book 4. It started up again the following April with two series in two magazines. One following Yui and the others into college and the second following Azusa in her last year of high school. These start in "Book 5".

Book 5 and 6 are the translators numbering system based on the previous four books, but we don't know how they will actually publish these stories yet. They might be split by series rather than by publishing time (currently the translator has both groups in Book 5 and started a Book 6 base on the number of chapters in the other four books. This may be incorrect, but won't change until the actual published works come out).
Old 2011-12-07, 02:52   Link #1642
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Alright I see.. So I can safely say that thoes aren't that official right? Thanks so much for the info. So after I finished my 4 books, starting at book 5 is the correct one I guess...? Thanks again!
Old 2011-12-07, 03:30   Link #1643
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Assuming you didn't somehow come across an Anthology Book 5 and 6. I think those are suppose to be compilations of comedy versions of K-On by other authors and arts.

I don't think the actual Book 5 is out yet.
Old 2011-12-09, 03:01   Link #1644
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Just a heads up that K-On! will be taking another break in the latest issue of Kirara (the 2012 January issue, released today). Reason is probably the same as the last time, due to "unspecified circumstances". They didn't say why or when the next chapter is coming.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 03:46   Link #1645
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They might be waiting for the movie to get more screenings for this month and go on again next month. We'll see when the next issue of the other magazine comes out at the end of the month (which would be the next one in order since it was the college girls that got the latest chapters, so Azusa's group would get the next chapter).
Old 2011-12-09, 12:45   Link #1646
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Just a heads up that K-On! will be taking another break in the latest issue of Kirara (the 2012 January issue, released today). Reason is probably the same as the last time, due to "unspecified circumstances". They didn't say why or when the next chapter is coming.
I pretty much expected this. Whatever the reason might be, I don't think it'd make much sense for one of the storylines to take a break and not the other. If there are no new chapters next month, then I might worry.
Old 2011-12-09, 14:48   Link #1647
teja208
Critical fanboy

Hope Kakifly enjoys his Christmas Break watching K-on movie. He pretty much deserves this more than us fans. Btw, thanks again winhip32 for always keeping us living outside Japan up-to-date. I would've felt a lot more worried if you haven't said anything about the break and all so I'm truely appreciate this.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 16:02   Link #1648
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of course Kakify might also attempt to make a manga version of the movie to tie into it. Or in future chapters make references to the trip to England, thus taking a break so that all references can be gathered for later chapters, before the first concerts and summer breaks (possible crossover if Azusa's group and Yui's group do stuff together)
Old 2011-12-13, 12:38   Link #1649
Nerroth
NePoi!

I got the English version of volume 4 recently; I wonder if Yen Press are already planning on covering the new series once there's enough material for a fifth book.
Old 2011-12-15, 02:21   Link #1650
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I got the English version of volume 4 recently; I wonder if Yen Press are already planning on covering the new series once there's enough material for a fifth book.
Be sure and *write* Yen Press and request that .... they need fan input to decide whether to take risks in publishing or not.
Old 2011-12-16, 22:31   Link #1651
Milu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It would be funny if she let her hair grow out and thus we don't recognize her at first. Especially if she had contacts. Yui, being Yui would probably attempt to make her look "normal" in a silly way before giving up and accepting new Nodaka.
But that short, power hair is kinda part of Nodoka's appeal if you ask me.
Old 2011-12-22, 08:25   Link #1652
teja208
Critical fanboy

I just notice the uni casts are at least 18 years old, so they are able to earn their driving licenses. Ever imagine taking a ride with Yui behind the wheel? I just can’t. It doesn’t feel right for some reason.
Old 2011-12-22, 14:35   Link #1653
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I just notice the uni casts are at least 18 years old, so they are able to earn their driving licenses. Ever imagine taking a ride with Yui behind the wheel? I just can’t. It doesn’t feel right for some reason.
That's because anyone riding with Yui is taking their life into their hands :P
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-22, 14:48   Link #1654
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Actually, the thought of Yui at the wheel of any vehicular transport is terrifying. It'd be like having a ferret drive.

Azusa would be cursing at all the other drivers to behave and get in line, Ritsu would be self-projecting Fast-and-Furious/Initial D, Mio would drive like an old woman, and Mugi would feel like she was doing something so proletarian (I more easily visualize her on an Italian moped scooter thing).
Old 2011-12-22, 15:18   Link #1655
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why do I see Mugi driving like Irisviel form Fate/Zero...with a giant smile while driving?

I don't think I've every watched anyone with Yui's attention span drive.
Old 2011-12-22, 23:31   Link #1656
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Seeing it's Yui, her driving skills would definitely improve with practice. Although I would hate to be the person who has to teach her...
How about with car passengers?
With Ritsu driving like that Yui, Mio would probably faint, Mugi would enjoy herself ("So this is what driving like a maniac feels like"), and Azusa would probably be shouting her head off telling Ritsu to slow down.
Mio, driving like an old woman, would probably have both Ritsu and Yui berate her for driving too slow, and Azusa getting slightly annoyed...
Not too sure what would happen if Mugi got behind the wheel, but she would perhaps fiddle around with all the buttons and levers and what not. (and it most likely wouldn't be a luxury car)
Since Azusa's driving would probably be the most normal, again, Yui and Ritsu berating her for not driving dangerously.
Old 2011-12-23, 01:40   Link #1657
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why do I see Mugi driving like Irisviel form Fate/Zero...with a giant smile while driving?
LMao i totally agree with this XDD both kinda share the same personality too <<33 ahh..so kyun kyun!! =))
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 02:04   Link #1658
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Seeing it's Yui, her driving skills would definitely improve with practice. Although I would hate to be the person who has to teach her...
How about with car passengers?
With Ritsu driving like that Yui, Mio would probably faint, Mugi would enjoy herself ("So this is what driving like a maniac feels like"), and Azusa would probably be shouting her head off telling Ritsu to slow down.
Mio, driving like an old woman, would probably have both Ritsu and Yui berate her for driving too slow, and Azusa getting slightly annoyed...
Not too sure what would happen if Mugi got behind the wheel, but she would perhaps fiddle around with all the buttons and levers and what not. (and it most likely wouldn't be a luxury car)
Since Azusa's driving would probably be the most normal, again, Yui and Ritsu berating her for not driving dangerously.
I would pick that Yui over this one, at least she's a cop so we are safer if we happen to break the speed limit. I guess. Mugi driving like Irisviel never cross my mind before, but that could also be a good idea for fan arts.
I agree with Azusa driving normally, but elderly bystanders may get a heart attack after witnessing what looks like a minor driving a car. Ui would be the most "normal" one driving IMO.

Last edited by teja208; 2011-12-23 at 02:45.
Old 2011-12-23, 16:22   Link #1659
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
I would pick that Yui over this one, at least she's a cop so we are safer if we happen to break the speed limit. I guess. Mugi driving like Irisviel never cross my mind before, but that could also be a good idea for fan arts.
I agree with Azusa driving normally, but elderly bystanders may get a heart attack after witnessing what looks like a minor driving a car. Ui would be the most "normal" one driving IMO.
No, Ui would be abnormally good at driving like she is at everything else, ha ha.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-23, 16:53   Link #1660
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if Sumire would be trained to drive Mugi around later in life?

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life