AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 14.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 18.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.66%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-16, 03:48   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
I wonder she seemed to react so negatively to the water being dumped on her.
Wet, cold, and miserable- This is not psychology people
Old 2011-12-16, 04:19   Link #42
abc0716

The reason Yozora cut her hair is resemble with Aria's Aika, heh.

Yea the epilogue of this episode is kinda anti-climatic, but this still a funny episode anyway.

Borderline 7/10 on the rating of the episode.
Old 2011-12-16, 04:53   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Interesting Cameo or cosplayers

Heh, I saw that too. Pretty damn funny.

Anyway, I thought the ending was a bit out of nowhere too. I mean we all knew it would happen but it just felt like there was no build up whatsoever. Just Yozora having her day ruined and then suddenly cutting her hair? I'd have rather she just came in with that horse head again like last time. At least that was funny.

And it was nice to see some Yozora and Senna interaction that wasn't a piss take for a change...
Old 2011-12-16, 05:32   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
Enjoyed the little competitions between Sena and Yozora during the festival, but prizes like that xbox 360 would only be used to lure customers as they would make it pretty much impossible to achieve it in my place, don't know about Japan though.
The mark left on the wood pointed at how well mounted the target was. The shop keeper was just as taken back and disheartened that someone was able to knock that target off. I guess she achieved extra velocity from the power of her rich imagination. Oh, the power of a dirty minded girl that also talks dirty....
Old 2011-12-16, 06:47   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Anyway, I thought the ending was a bit out of nowhere too. I mean we all knew it would happen but it just felt like there was no build up whatsoever. Just Yozora having her day ruined and then suddenly cutting her hair? I'd have rather she just came in with that horse head again like last time. At least that was funny.

It's not sudden; it makes perfect sense since her hair was burned at it's end so she cuts it off, and by doing so it also gives her the opportunity to jog Kodaka's memories, which worked.
Old 2011-12-16, 07:07   Link #46
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

What's with the preview for the next episode?

and NOOOOOOOOO with Yozora hair
Old 2011-12-16, 08:09   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not sudden; it makes perfect sense since her hair was burned at it's end so she cuts it off, and by doing so it also gives her the opportunity to jog Kodaka's memories, which worked.
I was under the impression that only the end was singed and she could've just cut a little off. Even so, I still don't think it's good build up.
Old 2011-12-16, 08:18   Link #48
godlystriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Interesting Cameo or cosplayers

Ahh! lol. Thanks for pointing it out, I felt weird in that flash scene, but didn't think much or relate it with anything XD Cheered me up

Well, tbh, I think there isn't much of a build up to this end scene :S Just lots of flashbacks of them as friends, and his recognition of her awaits to happen; this method seems kinda forced. I mean the beginning of the episode and ending scene seems to correspond, but it doesn't seem there was anything to do with it in the festival (most of the time the two girls was just competing); neither was there much of a comic entertainment or even fan service. So I can't say much about the episode as a whole.

I liked the ending hook though.
Old 2011-12-16, 08:36   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was a bit disappointed in this episode. For one, there was a serious lack of gags. The festival event was rather bland and uninspired, absolutely nothing of note happened during it (except at the very end). Even Yozara and Sena's bantering was boring.

As for the drama, it was pretty weak and clumsily handled. I had been waiting for that scene ever since it was revealed Yozora and Kodaka were chilhood friend, and it turned out to be anti-climatic. I'm not sure what I expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
What's with the preview for the next episode?

and NOOOOOOOOO with Yozora hair
What we see in the preview is a flashback. Kodaka is wearing a proper school uniform and looks nervous, so we can surmise that scene takes place the day he transfered in. My guess is that the next episode will recount the whole story from Yozora's point of view. We'll finally find out what's going inside that pretty head of hers.
Old 2011-12-16, 08:59   Link #50
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was under the impression that only the end was singed and she could've just cut a little off. Even so, I still don't think it's good build up.
She could, but by cutting it all the way it lets Kodaka remember who she is, which I'm almost certain she had enough about him not realizing it.

Build-up? It's suppose to be a shock to take people by surprise, in that case it was well done since nobody here saw it coming.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-12-16 at 10:06.
Old 2011-12-16, 09:27   Link #51
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Wait wait wait...you can win Xbox consoles at a stand in Japan festivals!? Why am I not living in Japan? They have cute girls, awesome food and easy to win prizes!

Oh, and the amount Kodaka bought, he must of brought a heap load of Yen Oh, and i'm also surprised Rika didn't somehow compare fireworks to something sexuel XD

Anyways, aww, that ending was sweet. I was hoping they'd run and hug each other or something so the class wouldn't see Kodaka as a deliquant for once But I do wonder why Yozora was away for a week. Surely it wasn't because she was humiliated...I guess maybe she just needed a week to think on whether she should reveal everything to Kodaka and to cut that beautiful flow of hair she had
Old 2011-12-16, 10:07   Link #52
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Those two cartoon characters appeared on episode's title screen, anyone else thought those are Yozora and Sena?

Rika isnt's just looks mature with that hair style, somehow she looks taller too, especially when she's giving newly acquired X360 to Kodaka.
And with less fights between Yozora and Sena and Maria and Kobato (technically they still fight, but it was harmless), the group looks more and more like a real friend.

And at last we got to this scene. After watched the prologue/OVA knowing summer festival will be the last activity and it'll only last 12 episodes, I knew they most probably only adapt the first three light novels and going to end the anime with the discovery of Yozora as Sora.
The thing is, even though they already hinted it on previous episodes (plus Yozora IS the main heroine, and there's this theory that childhood friend *almost* always win), just as the first three light novels, most flags raised were Sena's. LN reader probably won't be bugged since they already know the story after, but anime-only viewers probably going to wonder how it will works with only 1 episode left if this is going to have Yozora end.

Plus the review for next episode only show recap of Kodaka and Yozora scenes (well, there's also Maria IIRC) and the "boku-tachi" on next episode's title probably refer to Kodaka and Yozora so it's possible they're going to make anime-only Yozora end, though it can also refer to all Rinjinbu members if they want to make an open-end so they can make season 2 in the future. There's also part of me hoping next episode is adaptation of Connect light novel from Yozora's POV
Old 2011-12-16, 10:20   Link #53
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I had less fun than the others episodes but well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Wait wait wait...you can win Xbox consoles at a stand in Japan festivals!? Why am I not living in Japan?
Dunno where you live but it's the same in the Funfairs.
But the thing is that IRL , you can't win cuz the game is rigged unless you foil it...

It's hilarious in the anime cuz Rika did it & the guy was like "WTF how...."
Old 2011-12-16, 11:11   Link #54
Sixth
Hu Tao

Yozora with long hair looks better than short hair.

Overall, it is a nice episode. Meat is beautiful and delicious as usual.
Old 2011-12-16, 11:13   Link #55
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Taka finally realizes its Sora...?

Spoiler:

Such a shame it came at the expense of her long hair, especially after Taka said her long black hair would look good in the yukata.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-12-16, 11:18   Link #56
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I love how Kobato held her brother's hand at that part....besides his hair, she is the last reminder left of his mother....

Rika shoots and hits with that long hard rifle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wet, cold, and miserable- This is not psychology people
It's also coz it's Yozora....far more prone to negativity than everyone else...

Seriously she's just like someone I face all the time.....
Old 2011-12-16, 13:16   Link #57
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Rika with her hair down, dressed in a yukata, and, of course, those glasses.....oh my!

Endless "Smitten" Soul
Old 2011-12-16, 13:39   Link #58
ookamigirl

The festival part was really nice ^^
Kobato was totally cute in her little yukata.
Yozora vs Meat competition is always fun to watch.
Don't get why those two always have to clash in everything.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-12-16, 16:59   Link #59
Freeter
beyond

The big Yozora 'reveal' was a huge disappointment, especially compared with the way the manga handled it. That scene should have been done in an intimate space with just those two. The way it was done in the anime felt like an awkward greeting session instead.

At least Kobato continues to be cute as ever. That laugh never gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Wait wait wait...you can win Xbox consoles at a stand in Japan festivals!? Why am I not living in Japan? They have cute girls, awesome food and easy to win prizes!
It wasn't supposed to be easy, since the clerk blatantly nailed that sucker down so it wouldn't fall. Rika is just uber-hax with a gun
Old 2011-12-16, 17:39   Link #60
mironicus

For me it seems that this episode was already the last one. It would be silly to continue the story at this point because now we have a large cliffhanger built up. The last scene of episode 11 also concluded the third visual novel. So I guess we'll see everything based of the fourth novel and later in a second season...

Judging by the preview we might see a summary of the last episodes based on Yozora's view in episode 12. This could also be interesting as we learn more about her inner thoughts. We'll see...

Last edited by mironicus; 2011-12-16 at 17:52.
Closed Thread