AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-04-25, 02:40   Link #881
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Just like you said, the spirit kings action is cruel and excessive by human standard, but there's no indication that they do it in the brim of the moment just to see human suffer so far in the novel. They always do the punishment as a reaction to a human's mistake(if Sylphic's is right about Rinslet's sister being frozen due to an offense, no matter how small it is, not because the spirit king dislike her, since I haven't read that far yet). Maybe if we see from their perspective, Rinset and claire's sister offence is a huge matter for them.
From my perpective, it's unlikely that Rinslet's sister broke any taboo like fornification at the same time as being the Water SPirit King's priestess. If it is, there's no way people don't know what she did wrong. Rather, it's something like accidently breaking the Spirit King's favourite relic what-so-ever(which was implied in the novel to be accidental). As far as I can see, it wasn't a crime that Rinslet's sister committed that got her into trouble. Rather, she accidently did something that incurred the Spirit King's disfavour--hence why I said dislike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm from Theravada sect and I don't like it when people refer to Buddha as a god. He's an enlightened person who's close to god (even supreme beings have to respect him) but he's definitely human. When Buddhism spread to China, the Chinese just changed it a bit to make Buddhism more similar to their religion.

I know, but it's just that most people in the modern era regard him as a deity, hence I mentioned him as a benevolent example of a deity.

Quote:
BTW, according to Chinese history, there are times when ten of thousands people were executed for the crime one guy committed. Chinese is also the bloodiest nation in history. I read a lot of Chinese comics (manhua) and the revenge practice appears in most of them, so much I got tired.
That's because in China, the monarch is a despot who can utilise his power as much as he pleases without any check or balances unlike in Europe. If a European monarch decide to murder tens of thousands of people, he wouldn't have been able to reign very long.Richard II of England was deposed simply because he confiscated land from a number of nobles, including his cousin's.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 03:31   Link #882
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, according to ancient Chinese, their emperor is the son of heaven thus a deity on earth. They can abuse their authority as much as they like as long as they're in reign.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 03:37   Link #883
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Well, according to ancient Chinese, their emperor is the son of heaven thus a deity on earth. They can abuse their authority as much as they like as long as they're in reign.
Actually, they can do whatever they want EXCEPT for abusing their authority--according to this theory. The mandate of heaven would be lost if they neglect their duties or become cruel,selfish and oppressive, and whoever rebels and triumphs against him is granted the mandate of heaven.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 04:01   Link #884
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I see. That explains why the rebellion who dethrone them declare themselves the new emperor, the righteous and rightful ones at that.

And from how many crap they have been doing, I suppose they have so much authority that their extremely selfish activities are considered normal.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 05:00   Link #885
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
There's also the possibility that spirits have different set of law and value than human. Minor offence for us might be something worthy of total raze of continent for them, just like how killing an entire family for the sake of revenge for your father is considered the norm in ancient China.
That's called revenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
What? That's not true. You don't do that in CHina, at least I don't recognise that norm. What I do know, however, is that in China, treason is punishable in days of the emperors, by exterminating all those who are related to the offender by nine degrees. Yongle Emperor, exceptionally,exterminated Emperor Jianwen's teacher's relations by ten degrees, including his students and friends because he refused to recognise him as legitimate emperor for usurping his nephew's throne.
That was done for tg sake of keeping his powers, I believe, and silence the rebellious.
Quote:
But can't we just agree that from a human perspective, they are tyrants when compared to deities such as Bible God, Buddha etc? Their actions even put some of the greek gods to shame. The punishment of prometheus and humans in general by sending Pandora to open her jar was the only thing I could think of that's just as indiscriminate.
After reading so much Latin texts about gods and mythology, I can't say that Greek gods are "tyrants". Taking them one by one would be much more appropriate. Greek gods simply...behave more like humans.
Quote:
I'm from Theravada sect and I don't like it when people refer to Buddha as a god. He's an enlightened person who's close to god (even supreme beings have to respect him) but he's definitely human. When Buddhism spread to China, the Chinese just changed it a bit to make Buddhism more similar to their religion.
Even gods from Hindu are not very nice despite their concept to uphold dharma. The only one I consider flawless is Brahma. Vishnu's avatars are not too nice. The rest of the gods are varied in their personality but the leader of the gods, Indra, has a habit of boning sages' wives, aka adultery. They're the nicest bunch we have compared to Greek, Norse, Aztec and Babylonian though.

BTW, according to Chinese history, there are times when ten of thousands people were executed for the crime one guy committed. Chinese is also the bloodiest nation in history. I read a lot of Chinese comics (manhua) and the revenge practice appears in most of them, so much I got tired.
Basically, Buddha's the first to atteign Nirvana, if I'm not mistaken.

Tens of thousands executed are not so common. Some emperors are quite cruel though, and so are their wives (like Daji)
Quote:
Just like Japanese emperors. But that wasn't the case anymore ein the past few centuries.
Quote:
I see. That explains why the rebellion who dethrone them declare themselves the new emperor, the righteous and rightful ones at that.

And from how many crap they have been doing, I suppose they have so much authority that their extremely selfish activities are considered normal.
Well, you must always take the context of where those evets happened. I mean, quite some people who hold powers are ready to do anything for the sake of exercising authority.
Old 2012-04-25, 06:00   Link #886
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
This is a little part of our lovely Ellis

Spoilers
Spoiler for A Scene in The Store
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is dedicate for Ellis mania.

Sorry for bad english!!!
The reason why we all love Ellis lol.
Man she's adorable. One of the few tsundere I like.
Old 2012-04-25, 07:07   Link #887
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

can someone tell me
Kamito harem member
and
Restia illustration
Old 2012-04-25, 07:12   Link #888
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
can someone tell me
Kamito harem member
and
Restia illustration
For Restia
Spoiler for pic:

For the harem member are more or less all the name you heard here. Est,Claire ,Ellis ,fianna and so on. But just wait some one that know more becuase he read all the vol.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 07:18   Link #889
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Niiisan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’m so moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im Restia fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ThankSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 2012-04-25, 07:21   Link #890
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

The size of team is a little ambigous.

Each team consist of 5 member.

If by any chance it will have to fight with Spirit King team.

Also the element of Scarlet team:

[Fire] Claire Rouge -VS- [Fire] Volcanics

[Wind] Ellis Fahrengart -VS- [Wind] Bellfahle

[Ice] Rinslet Laurenfrost -VS- [Water] Iseria Seaward

[Holy] Fianna Ray Ordesia -VS- [Saint] Alexandros

the last [Demon Slayer] Kamito -VS- [Earth] Rod Gear
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:19   Link #891
bludvein

Quote:

Spoilers

Sorry for bad english!!!
Thx. My harem ranking as of now is probably Ellis>Fianna>Rinslet>Claire. I wasn't sure if I should include Restia or Est, but if I did they would probably come in right behind Fianna. Claire just seems like a repeat of Louise to me, though I hear she becomes better later.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:20   Link #892
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
From my perpective, it's unlikely that Rinslet's sister broke any taboo like fornification at the same time as being the Water SPirit King's priestess. If it is, there's no way people don't know what she did wrong. Rather, it's something like accidently breaking the Spirit King's favourite relic what-so-ever(which was implied in the novel to be accidental). As far as I can see, it wasn't a crime that Rinslet's sister committed that got her into trouble. Rather, she accidently did something that incurred the Spirit King's disfavour--hence why I said dislike.
Even if it's just something trivial for us, remember that the spirits might have different set of law and moral value than human like I said. Just like how death penalty is a common law back in the day, maybe for the spirits freezing someone is an appropriate punishment for breaking a relic. You can't say that an executioner is evil back when death penalty is still practiced can't you?

As long as the novel hasn't explicitly or implicitly tells us that the spirit king act for the sake of making people suffer, I want to give them the benefit of doubt that the cruel and excessive action they do is just an appropriate punishment for their law and moral value
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:29   Link #893
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

i m still new with this story
can someone tell me about
Kamito and Restia relationship
from 3 years ago and current..........
Does Restia love Kamito?
I hope she really does.......no she definitely really love him
Old 2012-04-25, 08:32   Link #894
Soji

Ruki0089@ Let's just say the thing is a little complicate and we need to read what happen in vol 6. But for Kamito there is 2 main goal for now. 1 Get Restia back 2 win the blade dance and remove the curse from Est.
Also he treat all the girls the same but he treat in special way Restia(for good reason even if she not really with him for now...and something happen at the end of vol 6 and we need to see vol 7) and Est. He treat in special way Est that make the other girls jelous.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:32   Link #895
bludvein

Quote:
Even if it's just something trivial for us, remember that the spirits might have different set of law and moral value than human like I said. Just like how death penalty is a common law back in the day, maybe for the spirits freezing someone is an appropriate punishment for breaking a relic. You can't say that an executioner is evil back when death penalty is still practiced can't you?

As long as the novel hasn't explicitly or implicitly tells us that the spirit king act for the sake of making people suffer, I want to give them the benefit of doubt that the cruel and excessive action they do is just an appropriate punishment for their law and moral value
Which is pretty much exactly what I said earlier. They may not have been shown to be explicitly evil yet, but they definitely aren't good guys by the standards of humans. Judging by Est and Restia(before she got mind-screwed), spirits aren't that different from humans morally.

They sound like tyrants.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:33   Link #896
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:

Spoilers

Sorry for bad english!!!
Thnx for that...really this is y I love Ellis so much

Quote:
i m still new with this story
can someone tell me about
Kamito and Restia relationship
from 3 years ago and current..........
Does Restia love Kamito?
I hope she really does.......
Restia was his sword spirit 3 years ago but stuff happened and he lost her...she was the one who helped him gain a bit of humanity during his time at the assassin guild...and yes I think she does love him...
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 08:34   Link #897
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

But niisan
i want the detail
since this novel has capture my heart

Richocet
i want know the detail
i like stoty like this
so im really freaking Exited
Old 2012-04-25, 08:39   Link #898
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Ruki0089@ Let's just say the thing is a little complicate and we need to read what happen in vol 6. But for Kamito there is 2 main goal for now. 1 Get Restia back 2 win the blade dance and remove the curse from Est.
Also he treat all the girls the same but he treat in special way Restia(for good reason even if she not really with him for now...and something happen at the end of vol 6 and we need to see vol 7) and Est. He treat in special way Est that make the other girls jelous.
Imo, he seems to treat Est more like a little sister rather than any kind of potential love interest. So I guess thats special in a way. Restia is more complicated though.
Old 2012-04-25, 08:40   Link #899
Naoe Yamato

Ellis is really cute, and a nice tsundere at least, a really lovely girl and one of the prettiest of the novel for me!
Old 2012-04-25, 08:41   Link #900
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
But niisan
i want the detail
since this novel has capture my heart

Richocet
i want know the detail
i like stoty like this
so im really freaking Exited
Honestly I don't know the details all tht much, though I think I covered the basic gist of it...u can look back to see more specific spoilers since its only 48 pages...way less then dxd

@Yamato get in line
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap