AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-03-25, 12:19   Link #56401
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

At least Autumn could pretend that she had a soul...at least a normal one.

Natasha may not like dealing with her, but she's definitely gotta see that something's wrong with her.... That's it - that's who Chien reminds me of - Gouda from SAC: 2nd GIG. But he's smug about it - she's ... *bleah*.
Old 2015-03-25, 13:33   Link #56402
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In before, plot twist: she's actually one of the good guys.
Old 2015-03-25, 18:18   Link #56403
The 48th Ronin

What if Phantom Task claimed to be the successor to SHOCKER?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 21:19   Link #56404
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That has got to be a Movie War thing, isn't it?

Like [Kamen Rider x Super Sentai x Idol Stratos Super Idol Taisen Z]. After all, there's sentai (Hyakka Rouran Uchikenger) and metal heroes (Vandam) in the idol group.

Though for me, Phantom Task is, if I may quote Gilgamesh, "just mongrels".
Old 2015-03-25, 22:58   Link #56405
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It was the dead of night. Another boring day had past and Ichika had decided to step out of the house to pick himself up some soda from the nearest vending machine. The night was warm, so maybe cold juice would also suffice. The young man thought he was lacking in vitamins anyway, though the nutritional value in canned juice was questionable at best. Ichika shrugged as he stood in front of the machine. He picked one at random. Considering his diet consisted mostly of instant noodles because of his busy study schedule, he decided that he didn't really care about a balanced diet.

He just stood there, enjoying the night with drink in hand, contemplating a second purchase from the mechanical salesman. He smiled. This was one hell of a way to celebrate a birthday. His sister was busy and his friends had all gone to karaoke without him. Not that nobody tried to invite themselves into his life event. He just... he didn't like complicating things. Sister was off doing work to keep their orphaned family of two afloat. Didn't want to add to that drama by pressuring her to come back home early just to share cake and blow out a few candles with him, he wasn't five. Couldn't hang out with friends either because God knows the last time he went they stayed overnight and that messed up his grades so bad his sister almost beat him to death. Not conducive to letting social welfare keep their independence, he knew. But she meant well.

He took another sip and a gunshot cracked through the cool night air. The young man stared down at his shirt and the mess of orange all over it. His can of orange soda had burst after a shockwave disturbed his hand. The contours of a bullet hole could be clearly seen on the aluminum but little did he care about that.

"Hello there. Fancy meeting you in a place like this." a voice called out from the dark shadows of the streets.

Ichika granted the newcomer a modicum of attention before turning his gaze back to his spoiled beverage. He tried to take a swig of it but blanched and spat it out almost as quickly. "Figures there'd be lead and gunpowder." He tossed the can into the nearby receptacle and went to buy another can. He paused as one hand floated over the orange soda button. He turned his head to side and asked, "You want one too?"

The voice in the shadows audibly grit their teeth at the disrespectful show of non-chalance. A gunshot and disembodied voice in the dark didn't seem to faze this one. Even though she figured he was soft from all this civilian living, maybe he was just an idiot?

Sounds of a cocking gun echoed in the empty street but Ichika didn't seem to mind. "Feigning ignorance won't save you at all."

Ichika hummed as he listened to the machine beep in his order. "I know full well you're pointing that gun on me as well as the fact the country has strict regulations on guns. Which in turn means you aren't just the average thug out to mug me for money." The soda can tumbled into the plastic retrieval bin noisily and Ichika took it with an all too happy smile. "In short, you're not someone I probably want to tangle with and you aren't here by chance. Likely, you're here specifically for me. Am I close?"

"Tch.", the shadowy voice was followed by the echoes of clicking heels on pavement. Soon he could see the visage of a girl's face, her face.

SLUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRP

Ichika took a long drag from his can. "You kinda look like my sister.", he pointed out anti-climatically.

That seemed to set off something in the girl because she fired again but Ichika did not move an inch. Not even as the bullet whizzed by over his shoulder. "Don't you ever dare say that!" the girl screamed.

"Right.", Ichika nodded noncommittally. "My bad."

Bang!

"Take this seriously!", the girl who looked like the middle-school version of Ichika's older sister screamed after firing another shot that touched just the tips of his black hair. "I'm holding a gun aimed right at your head, at the very least take this seriously."

Ichika sighed, "But I can't." He took a large gulp of soda. "This is all just scare tactics, you aren't trying to kill me yet." He swilled the can to see how much was left in. Huh, not much. "Just tell me what you want and I'll decide if I want to be serious about it."

The girl tightened her grip on the handgun but did not fire. The way her fingers were twitching, she was likely fighting the overwhelming urge to just shoot the frivolous young man between the eyes. "My name is Orimura Madoka. I'm here to take my place back."

Ichika's brows knit together quickly as a scowl took over his face on the last sip of his drink.

Madoka smiled, "That seems to have gotten your attention."

The young man slowly pulled the can away from his face before crushing it in hand and chucking it into the trash bin. "Yes, it did.", he looked at her, "I don't remember having any relatives I don't live with, much less ones that would shoot a gun just to say hello. So who are you really and what do you mean by taking back your place? Is there some kind of Orimura will signing a fortune out or something?"

"Fool!", Madoka fired again. Aim veering beside Ichika's ear in her anger. "You have no understanding of the pain I went through. You who lived a happy life filled with love could never know the hell I do."

Ichika snorted, "You're right, I don't." He shook his head pityingly, "But you don't seem to understand much either if you assume my life is all that happy."

"Shut up!", she fired. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!", she fired and fired with every repetition of the phrase until there were no bullets left. None hit Ichika, because she never meant to.

Madoka threw the gun to the side of the road and grinned manically. "I'll make you understand true hell.", she hissed, "The hell I went through!"

A bright light filled the dark street and Ichika saw the girl was no longer wearing some sort of odd military unifrom. She was now in a one-piece swimsuit leotard hybrid with mechanical gauntlets, greaves and wing like things floating around her. There was a helmet like object over her head, exposing only the bottom half of her face. She had armed herself with the most powerful weapon currently known to man, the Infinite Stratos. And it was not just any Infinite Stratos, it was the second generation flagship prototype of England, the Silent Zephyrs.

"Suffer!", Madoka screamed as a rifle materialized in her hand and fired a sizable bolt of energy.

Ichika only held up one hand. The scowl on his face growing ever so clearly.

PSSSHHAAAAAA!

The blast hissed and crackled before vanishing in a show of steaming atmosphere and ionized ozone. What was left after that blast was not an armless Ichika as expected but a green gadgety, grasshopper like object floating in mid-air. It chirped once before stopping its mid-air spinning to jump into Ichika's waiting palm.

"Sorry", Ichika mumbled as a second chirp sounded from somewhere behind him to expose a red gadgety grasshopper like object. It jump past him at waist level and a wormhole formed for it to jump into. In exchange, the wormhole spat out a belt that wrapped around Ichika's waist with a snap. He pressed down on the top of the belt to open a slot in the buckle. "But I've already been to hell."

Ichika slid the green grasshopper like gadget along the rails of the open belt buckle with a click and announced, "Henshin."

"HEN-SHIN", sang an airy digital voice.

Green energy hexes popped like scales all over Ichika's body before solidifying into solid plated armor. The form completed into a bug-like design of a grasshopper with green and gunmetal gray metals. Once finished forming, the red eyes of the armor lit up and invisible energy released from it in a violent torrent.

"CHANGE KICK HOPPER", another mechanical voice sounded, this time a deep rumbling bass.

"Wh-What?", the IS pilot stepped back in hesitation. This was not part of the plan. The intelligence reports never had anything like this in them. As far as the Phantom Task scouts were concerned, he was just a normal boy. She grit her teeth, "That armor won't make any difference, nothing is stronger than the IS!"

Ichika leaned back on his foot. He cut a languid exasperated figure and sighed, "I wasn't planning to use strength." He saw the bright flash of energy discharge from Silent Zephyr's rifle and he ran a finger along the deep imprint on top of his belt buckle.

He disappeared in the flash of light and the girl in the IS was thrilled for all of a tenth of a second before a severe impact sent her crashing through a nearby concrete wall on the side of the road.

What was that?

It was the only thought running through Madoka's mind as she searched for the cause of the force that hit her. What she saw through the dusty rubble was something she could not comprehend though. There was the armored figure of Ichika, standing as if nothing he had not done a thing. The only incriminating points being him standing in her position and the fact he wasn't vaporized yet.

"What-"

"Clock up.", Ichika slid his finger over his belt again.

"CLOCK UP"

The next moment she knew, Madoka was being tossed around by some force she could not see. No, not something she couldn't see. Something too fast for her to comprehend. Her senses could barely register one sensation before the other, turning all her understanding of the physical world into one blur of nauseating colors and blunted pain. She took one last hit and found herself going through another wall. This time it was a fence made of wood.

"Sorry about the rough treatment.", she could hear Ichika's calm laidback voice. "I heard IS shields were pretty tough so I was giving it all I got." He was moving towards her with measured purposeful steps.

Forget playing with him, the idiot had the ability to somehow be faster than the IS. Faster than even the hyper sensor could detect. Madoka had to change up her game plan or else she might actually end up defeated. She would not end up compromised by her pride like with that sorry cow uddered Autumn!

As soon as she could, Madoka blasted upwards into the sky, intent on utilizing a long ranged bombardment he could not reach.

Ichika watched her rocket towards the sky and read her intent. He shook his head in disapproval. "Uh-uh. Can't have that." He flicked up the legs of the grasshopper gadget resting on his belt buckle and dragged its jointed knee lever all the way over its head. "Rider jump."

"RIDER JUMP!"

Tachyon particles flowed down into Ichika's left foot and he tapped down with it resulting into an incredible leap that resembled flight. His rate of climb was transonic and he overtook the Silent Zephyr in no time.

Ichika shoved the lever back into its default position and the machine declared.

"RIDER KICK!"

"Rider kick.", the armored warrior silently declared as he descended upon Madoka, slack-jawed in shock. His left foot charged with tachyon energies again and it impacted singularly into the field of energy bubble encasing the IS. The jack like mechanism on Ichika's left foot activated and pumped down its own reserve of tachyon particles, overcoming the climbing power of the IS, as the armor diverted everything available to defense and the pair plummeted back down to the Earth.

Luckily they fell to the road instead of a house. Because the impact of their landing cratered the ground beneath them with over twenty tons of force.

Ichika kicked off the shield and gracefully on two feet. He turned around, watching in fascination as the Silent Zephyrs groaned under the deformation it had undergone from the intense impact. He had to hand that Madoka girl credit. She was tenacious.

The IS pilot forced her stolen Silent Zephyrs to move. She could not be beaten here. That would mean capture. She only had the choice of retreat. To be forced into this kind of situation, Madoka couldn't believe it.

"I'm going to have to apologize again.", Ichika grunted as he reached over to the grasshopper gadget on his belt. "but I have to end this now. I kind of need to get home." He pulled up the legs of the gadget partially, just enough to hear it whine with energy. "Onee-san will be home any minute and I can't be missing when she does.", he pushed down the leg lever. "Rider Kick."

"RIDER KICK."

Madoka's eyes widened at the announcement. The same attack that sent her crashing down! She had to get away!

And yet she would not even get the chance to try a retreat.

"Clock up."

"CLOCK UP!"

Everything slowed down to a practical stop. Ichika was the only one who moved normally, everything else had slowed down. Or rather, Ichika had sped up so much that even his perception of the world had made everything seem at a stand still. This was the world of light speed, the world of clock up that Ichika frequented.

He ran over to the Silent Zephyrs and kicked it with his tachyon charged foot. The jack on his left leg pumped in tachyon energy then reset with a fresh charge using the force of the previous kick. He hit the IS again, and again, and again. His left foot unleashing kick after kick like a machine gun without dropping down to the ground once. Energy cackled as the IS barrier buckled and cracked underneath all that force and energy. After innumerable hits the shield finally shattered. Ichika pulled back his foot and gave one last horizontal stomp of his foot which prompted the absolute defense of the Infinite Stratos.

CLOCK OVER

Time returned back to normal once more and the armored Ichika watched Madoka be flung across some stranger's yard after crashing through their wooden fence.

"Well.", Ichika sighed, "That's done." He reached down to undo his transformation, until he heard the police sirens off in the distance. "Urk!", he looked around witha disgruntled expression and just realized how much commotion and property damage they'd just done. "Well crap. Guess I have to clock it up out of here.", he reached with one finger to activate his clock up but then remembered.

He looked over to the prone figure of Madoka Orimura. Orimura...

She wasn't moving and it was likely the police would take her in under the circumstances. Though with her having an IS the military might take custody of her and God knows what they do with a criminal having the equivalent of a thousand nuclear warheads in terms of military value.

Orimura

"Crap.", Ichika palmed his face. He approached the girl and the red grasshopper machine from before sprang out of a wormhole once again. This time it was towing along a second belt that wrapped around Madoka's unconscious form.

"You better appreciate this.", Ichika huffed at Madoka's unconscious body as he primed the belt for the red grasshopper gadget. "I'm breaking waaaaaaaaaaay too many laws for someone who might be family. A lot of international ones too." He snapped on the red machine and waited for the transformation to finish.

"Best birthday- ever", he grumbled sarcastically before carrying Madoka and Clocking Up to make their escape.
Old 2015-03-26, 01:08   Link #56406
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I suppose if you're gonna replace Ichika's personality as well then you can pretty much redesign every Kamen Rider as Ichika.
Old 2015-03-26, 01:14   Link #56407
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The interesting thing is how his circumstances only need slight shifts to bring about the ideal personality for each rider.

Also a test draft on opening a story on his birthday.
Old 2015-03-26, 01:15   Link #56408
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So... What becomes a Ichika Decade?

...wait never mind NO DON'T I NEVER ASKED IT!!!
Old 2015-03-26, 01:18   Link #56409
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ichika already has a sense of someone being alienated. His childhood amnesia and fairly distant relationship with Chifuyu(at least in his eyes) just need a little catalyst to make him resonate with Decade's theme of finding oneself and life being a journey.
Old 2015-03-26, 03:49   Link #56410
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I think the core problem I have with this story is that I'm trying to write something I've never done before --something more Superheroey. As a result everything is a lot more exaggerated than what I normally write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Chien's a b****, no doubt about it, but she seems surreal - don't know if you want her to be like that - like Chifuyu-hype surreal. She's too cold, and too cruel. IF she was real, she'd be in the brig or out of the military altogether
- It's early parts yet. So far I'm writing Chien in the early stages--haven't really fleshed her out yet. I'm also trying to express that she's less an Air Force officer and more of a spook given her background. Again, this is first draft and I'll most likely revisit and put in more details as it goes along.

One other thing, I partly based her personality on Mishima from Kamen Rider Kabuto. Yes. That Mishima. the other part, well...

Quote:
In this case, the Tech Sgt (E6) could have complained to his superior (a warrant officer or another officer like that would most likely be in charge of the UAVs.) You don't request assets like that. The op may have called for 20 UAVs but those are his UAVs - she's borrowing them. Steamrolling like that would just make things all that much harder for her - unless she's got backup from high up yonder who makes things happen for her regardless.
- I think I could probably write that detail into it. In real life, the regular Air Force doesn't just stomp into National Guard territory and take over. I'm trying to express that the Chien's little section of the Twenty-Fifth...is a bit more like the CIA than the regular military.

And once again it definitely reeks of necessary rewrites. Just like I'm trying to flesh out Natasha better. There's this thin line I'm walking between believable and entertaining and I sometimes fall off one end or the other. So feedback is definitely appreciated.

Quote:
She'd need a General's backing to get some of the stuff done that she wants. 0.o
- "Colonel Eiling" ring a bell? I was trying not to be too obvious by changing his rank but I guess it flew over everyone's heads. Might just change that ot "General Eiling" and sneak in a few more believable conversations on just how much power Chien holds over the Twenty-Fifth Air Force. Yeah, will just end up rewriting bits of that.

Quote:
Chien doesn't seem like the type to go with the 'women are awesome' hype of the IS. In fact, she doesn't seem to care (failed a compatibility test, therefore, she's not considered IS material?) And she naturally hates girls/women like Natasha - beautiful, smiles all the time, things happen for her instead of her making it happen (or so it seems).
- I actually was thinking of making Chien a rejected IS pilot but thought that was too cliche and expected. And not appropriate for her character. If anything, Chien sees herself as genderless. Thus the "Killer Robot" feel that Natasha gets from her.

Quote:
Natasha may not like dealing with her, but she's definitely gotta see that something's wrong with her
- Something is VERY wrong with Chien. That much is obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I think we can blame HYDRA Phantom Task for this.
- Don't be too obvious yet, Meister.

Quote:
So... What becomes a Ichika Decade?
...wait never mind NO DON'T I NEVER ASKED IT!!!
ONORE~~~!!!!!

Last edited by wavehawk; 2015-03-26 at 05:00.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 05:28   Link #56411
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Okay, random scenario.

Ichika is in a relationship with Natasha Fairs who invited Ichika to vacation in America and spend some time with her. Ichika being the idiot he is, did not see any problem to Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Charlotte, Laura and Kanzashi tagging along since he thought it was just a vacation.

Now they're at Natasha's grandmother's place who is expecting Natasha's friends because god knows Natasha can't tell her seventy-ish year old grandmother that she's dating a Japanese boy 3/4s her age. What with generations worth of ideals of decency in gap.

Apparently there's a gap in sense of beauty as well because to Natasha's grandmother, Rin and Laura are just too scrawny. Cecilia, Houki, Charlotte and Kanzashi are still slightly harangued for not eating enough and now they are in mashed potato hell.
Old 2015-03-26, 05:58   Link #56412
lovetospoon73

do u think that Phantom Task might somehow be related to why ichika's parents abanding him & chifuyu, M, & ichika being able to pilot an IS unit?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 06:01   Link #56413
demino_hellsin
That one guy

We all only assume. Since there is no confirmation from canon and the fact Izuru has shown no intention of dispelling the mystery, we can only draw our own hare-brained conclusions.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:47   Link #56414
The 48th Ronin

If PT is nWo:

Autumn - Scott Hall
Squall - Hulk Hogan
Madoka - Kevin Nash

I think I'm going crazy.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:52   Link #56415
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But Kanzashi isn't russian though? unless you plan on having a true russian representative rather than Tatenashi.
Half-Russian. Her mama is Tatenashi's mother former comrade.

... Why? Who know? I'm figuring away to connect everyone (Houki-Tatenashi, Charlotte-Kanzashi, Rin-Laura-Cecilia). One particular (valid) ranting about harem is that the girls have no life beside interacting with the protagonist.

(Thinking of something like that one-shot of Demino.)

Any news of Sacred Twins? And how is that rewrite fic of Fate?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 07:39   Link #56416
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Half-Russian. Her mama is Tatenashi's mother former comrade.

... Why? Who know? I'm figuring away to connect everyone (Houki-Tatenashi, Charlotte-Kanzashi, Rin-Laura-Cecilia). One particular (valid) ranting about harem is that the girls have no life beside interacting with the protagonist.

(Thinking of something like that one-shot of Demino.)

Any news of Sacred Twins? And how is that rewrite fic of Fate?
rewrite fic for fate? You mean, my fate/madoka one?

Sacred is on pause until latest chapter of Fate/Madoka is completed.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 09:36   Link #56417
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

When was it stated that the Sarashiki were half Russian? ^^;
Old 2015-03-26, 09:46   Link #56418
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He's making stuff up. Much like we all do. Though it was explicitly stated that Tatenashi was only russian rep because she chose to be.
Old 2015-03-26, 18:20   Link #56419
lovetospoon73

yeah, not to metion most of the girls in ichika's harem are representativs IS, for all we know they could have secret orders from their governmens, to seduce ichika & have kids with him & ther's a chance that if the kids a boy, he could maybe be able to an IS unit, so that way their countrie could have all the glory, (before they actually started droolingover him)
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 19:12   Link #56420
The 48th Ronin

^ That's one of the most ridiculous gov't plots I've ever heard.

But hey, politics can sometimes make a person do crazy things.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest