Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 23:27   Link #481
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Funny chapter. Apparently her plan to get Medaka to change her clothes backfired. She ended up wearing Medaka's clothes instead and now she's exposed. I wonder whats next.
REVENGE ofcourse what else?

so that girl is not Vice President, still one spot empty in SC. I imagined some one like Shizuru Fujino from Mai HIME will appear as Vice President. That will rival Medaka in term of capabilities to manipulating people around her, and hope she somehow attracted to zenkichi.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 23:35   Link #482
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Actually I somehow get the feeling the person that will be VP is someone who is almost at Medka's level but not quite and will forever fail at trying to get the best over her.
I do hope its a lass that takes a liking to Zenkichi tho.

Wonder if that spot will be filled with whats to come next.
Old 2009-08-11, 03:49   Link #483
Clarste
Human

Why couldn't that girl have just used the box to directly request that Medaka change her uniform? Didn't she vow to do everything to make the students happy? If someone officially requests her to change, how can she refuse based only on her own desires?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:06   Link #484
Iron Maw
Banned

That's what I thought was she going to do, then all of a sudden she uses some weird roundabout idea that got her nowhere.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:27   Link #485
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Actually I somehow get the feeling the person that will be VP is someone who is almost at Medka's level but not quite and will forever fail at trying to get the best over her.
I do hope its a lass that takes a liking to Zenkichi tho.

Wonder if that spot will be filled with whats to come next.
*me has shining eyes*

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

DO WANT!

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 06:55   Link #486
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's what I thought was she going to do, then all of a sudden she uses some weird roundabout idea that got her nowhere.
The cynic in me says that making a story about a request that Medaka is reluctant to fulfill would be too interesting for this series. The optimist in me hopes that it was supposed to be a joke about the enforcement girl not doing the obvious thing after her lightbulb moment.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 08:32   Link #487
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The cynic in me says that making a story about a request that Medaka is reluctant to fulfill would be too interesting for this series. The optimist in me hopes that it was supposed to be a joke about the enforcement girl not doing the obvious thing after her lightbulb moment.
The fellow cynic in me agrees with you.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 13:43   Link #488
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

My worst fear has come true for this series. Character developing plot with enjoyable humor will be become non-existent for the sake of shenanigans.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:10   Link #489
Arturro

Last chapter looked to me as a completly random, introduction of another character which - IMHO 0 won't be important any soon. On the other hand, for me, it's best chapter since bishi bastard was introduced.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 23:17   Link #490
FateAnomaly

I don't quite understand why the girl only have 1 set of uniform.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:11   Link #491
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I thought i was the only one who noticed that..
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:47   Link #492
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jourdal View Post
I thought i was the only one who noticed that..
IMO
What she mean 1 set is that white uniform, she have others but for different season (like Winter Uniform,etc), may be because it's a special SP uniform, so it's not so many to have a spare for each SP member, and she is the 3rd captain, which make it more rare...right?!

btw just two chapter more to see before I drop this series if this boring storyline still keep up.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 16:41   Link #493
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Possible explanations:
1. She is too poor to afford second uniform (not very probable, considering she has scholarship).
2. She is a freshman, school just started and she didn't bought second uniform yet.

Old 2009-08-20, 03:45   Link #494
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Medaka Box had potential but it's just not working. It's just plain... boring and it really reminds me of a crappy version of Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. I can't believe this is written by the same guy that did Bakemonogatari.

Nevertheless, all hope is not totally lost yet. There is a couple of improvements that I think will be beneficial to the plot. First, the manga should focus less on the perfect Medaka and more on her human flaws. I'm sick and tired of reading how those who oppose the Goddess end up becoming the antagonists and eventually realizing the errors on their part. Why must the author make the Goddess to be correct all the time? I don't get it. This one-dimensionality really makes Medaka very unlikeable.

The second improvement would be actual character development mainly in part of Zenkichi, the supposed main protagonist in the story. The problem is this dude is the same as he was back in chapter 1: he still yields to Medaka all the time. Personal Boytoy much? The author should focus more on him and actually showing him defying and arguing with the Goddess at times. This will make the dynamics between the 2 main characters a lot more interesting.

The last suggestion I can think of is introducing a rival character. She can be either in the SC itself or perhaps placed in that rule-enforcement committee. I actually think that conniving loli Shiranui is very suitable for this role as she seems to be the only character that is immune to Medaka's godly charm. She needs to be there to show the Goddess that she is not perfect and basically add dimension to her overall characters.

Enough ranting on my part. Carry on guys.
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 04:04   Link #495
Johnny
Working the bags...

I like your suggestions K3cT, you hit the nail on the head concerning the flaws of the manga. Concerning the relationship between Medaka and Zenkichi. I think the author transferred his dominating woman over the man theme from Bakemonogatari to this manga. Shiranui is a good choice and she is able to press Medaka's jealousy button concerning Zenkichi. However I think her role now is perfect and basically one of the few reasons this manga is staying afloat...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 04:23   Link #496
ZODDGUTS

New rankings this week:

Mago
Kuroko
Medaka Box
Wajimania
Akaboshi
ToLoveRu

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=150

Same position as last week. Waji may save it from being axe for now then again waji is a gag manga and it's only a few pages.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 05:22   Link #497
K3cT
Arcadia of My Youth

Send a message via MSN to K3cT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I like your suggestions K3cT, you hit the nail on the head concerning the flaws of the manga. Concerning the relationship between Medaka and Zenkichi. I think the author transferred his dominating woman over the man theme from Bakemonogatari to this manga. Shiranui is a good choice and she is able to press Medaka's jealousy button concerning Zenkichi. However I think her role now is perfect and basically one of the few reasons this manga is staying afloat...
Yeah. I find it highly ironic that the supporting cast are far more interesting than Medaka.

Perhaps NisiOisin can take a page or two from Hayate the Combat Butler who diminished the role of Nagi (the supposed main female protagonist) in favor of the more interesting side characters. More Shiranui, Kikaijima and Onigase please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
New rankings this week:

Mago
Kuroko
Medaka Box
Wajimania
Akaboshi
ToLoveRu

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showp...&postcount=150

Same position as last week. Waji may save it from being axe for now then again waji is a gag manga and it's only a few pages.
I would like to see Medaka Box redeem itself because it got potential to be interesting. I just hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Mx0...
K3cT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 06:53   Link #498
Arturro

Quote:
...Shiranui is a good choice and she is able to press Medaka's jealousy button concerning Zenkichi. However I think her role now is perfect and basically one of the few reasons this manga is staying afloat...
I've reread this manga and... Medaka was jealous (or moe) over Zenkichi only when his actions could dimnish "honour" of students council. First, she was jealous when Zenkichi asked Shiranui to help him catching a stray dog, second when he was flirting with Shiranui instead of concentrating on pool competition. And she was cute to Zenkihi only when he, as a council member, was losing to bishi bastard. When he was with any girl in situations not connected to council jobs, she didn't shown even slighest sign of jealousy. IMHO she wasn't jealous at all, just angry at Zenkichi cause he wasn't trying good enough to accomply council tasks.

Old 2009-08-20, 07:40   Link #499
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree so I'm kinda confused how you read between the lines of my post and came up with the conclusion that I suggested romantic jealousy...? Although I think it's there buried somewhere deep down in her blackened soul, but not in the case suggested with Shiranui for now...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 08:01   Link #500
Arturro

Quote:
I agree so I'm kinda confused how you read between the lines of my post and came up with the conclusion that I suggested romantic jealousy...? Although I think it's there buried somewhere deep down in her blackened soul, but not in the case suggested with Shiranui for now...
Sorry, english is not my first language, so sometimes I lost some in translation

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council