3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.22%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-07, 06:29   Link #841
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Gundam 00 isn't really a very straightforward show; not the old good vs. evil type where one can easily side w/ a faction there in the better good. Heck even the main characters background, personalities are greyish in this show. It just depends on each factions ideals on who's better than who or it'd depend on who's actually pulling the strings from behind.

and what's so GAR w/ Louise?

I'd agree w/ you on Marina though, she still hasn't got any significant scenes in this series even from s1.

Setsuna x Neena forever.

The thing is, that Sunrise has been really reluctant recently to build a strong argument for the philosophy of most of the factions in Gundam shows.

What the heck did Hero and Zechs actually believe in at the end of Gundam Wing?

Kira and Lucas were spouting some of the most asinine rhetoric at the end of Gundam Destiny. I'd say it's the most senseless mumbo-jumbo I've seen in an anime ever.

At least the People in Gundam 00 S1 believed in something. I just don't see the point of a Celestial Being anymore, since world unification has pretty much been accomplished. A totally new organization for Setsuna and the former CB with a firm, grounded philosophy would have been much better.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 06:30   Link #842
Ichimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post

P.S. I found it funny, how Marina is still crying and still just watching TV after all this time. Her country is in shambles, but gosh-darn-it, she needs her cable, alright. They really need to do something with her and quickly, because there's no way I can accept her as the heroine of this show if she stays like this. she's starting to become a meme. I mean Marina, the main lead? Really? Hopefully Sunrise will be smart and go with either Louise or Nena instead.

Please Sunrise, please let Louise or Nena be the main character. Hell, make Soma and Sergei the leads and we'll be dandy. Even Patrick and Cathy would be a good choice.
Marina = douchebag wasting screen time, shes nothing more than a puppet in her country, her role is useless like cagalli in destiny. its been how many years? she still hasnt done shit
Old 2008-10-07, 06:41   Link #843
lubczyk

I propose that we all on this forum start calling this show Gundam: ZZZ
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 06:48   Link #844
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I found it funny, how Marina is still crying and still just watching TV after all this time.
She was crying?

She looks sad, but she certainly doesn't look like she was crying to me.

Quote:
At least the People in Gundam 00 S1 believed in something. I just don't see the point of a Celestial Being anymore, since world unification has pretty much been accomplished. A totally new organization for Setsuna and the former CB with a firm, grounded philosophy would have been much better.
That may have been the case... had this been the old Celestial Being. But it's not the old CB, that was destroyed due to treachery within the ranks, it's the new Celestial Being. The Celestial Being run without the predictions of VEDA, or the blind belief in Aeolia Schenberg's ideals.

This Celestial Being is run by the people who fight, the Gundam Meisters. And it's their beliefs and ideals that they're trying to push through now. They may still be following the elimination of war through force routine, but they're now doing it their way.

As Setsuna kept saying as he ran from the Automatons, the world he saw before his very eyes wasn't the world they had wanted to create when they fought in their Gundams 4 years ago.

Unification? If the world is so unified, why does Kataron, which opposes unification, exist? And why is there still a need for A-LAWS?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 06:58   Link #845
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
You must have amazing eye for cliches, you're truly outstanding, none of us can spot cliches as good as you. Somehow we didn't see the episode like you did, we must be really bad viewers.

But seriously, relax and just enjoy it. Its another case of wanting the story to go their way instead of following the story. This is the main problem where people end up not enjoying. Appreciation is trying to understand why and seeing it in the way it is presented.

Cliches, the word itself is a cliche, so many stories have been written that nothing in the world is not a cliche, unless its a totally new invention. You don't have completly new inventions all the time.

But again, we don't see as much cliches as you have. Well, there's the Titans, AEUG, talk, which I don't see much of a problem.
I can understand his complaint about A-LAWS, though.

I mean, at the end of S1, things were looking good for the world. The three blocks had unified, and there was no actual "war". So... Why did they have to go all Gestapo? Why can't they treat the Kataron like normal criminal or terrorists (if that's what they are) and, you know, deal with them without sending to deathcamps anyone who looks at them wrong?

They have GN furnaces, they have artificial gravity - can't they use it for more than punishing political opponents? Or random bystanders like Saji? (Seriously... artificially making the gravity higher? WTF?)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:03   Link #846
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

The world is far from being unified. What was unified is the force of those who have power to wage a semi-justified war against those who don't want to take part in their agenda. It's 00 here, people don't fight because they like to. If there is an organization like Catatron then they must have a reason why they don't want to join forces with Federation.

The war shifted from country disputes to world disputes. The scale changed and the world is still as unpleasant as it was before.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:03   Link #847
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I can understand his complaint about A-LAWS, though.

I mean, at the end of S1, things were looking good for the world. The three blocks had unified, and there was no actual "war". So... Why did they have to go all Gestapo? Why can't they treat the Kataron like normal criminal or terrorists (if that's what they are) and, you know, deal with them without sending to deathcamps anyone who looks at them wrong?

They have GN furnaces, they have artificial gravity - can't they use it for more than punishing political opponents? Or random bystanders like Saji? (Seriously... artificially making the gravity higher? WTF?)
Well, its a 4 year gap, we do not know the exact details of such a change.

But if the entire world is united, supposedly, the security will need to be stepped up. Does the united world really trust each other as allies? Or is everyone hiding a knife behind that smile? Its harder to tell your enemies now that everyone is supposed to be an ally.

That is why a 'secret police' or an 'absolute justice' is put into place. Well that's the best I can come up with for now.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:05   Link #848
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quite a lot of people fought because they liked it. The Trinity, Ali, Graham...

And that doesn't explain why the government has to go all crazy dictatorial. Doesn't explain what the deal with Katatron is, for that matter.
Old 2008-10-07, 07:17   Link #849
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
1 question: Is Graham a better pilot or Ali?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:22   Link #850
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
1 question: Is Graham a better pilot or Ali?
It might be interesting to see them "fighting over" setsuna or they might have threesome battle play with their suit

whichever it is I'd call it "The Duel of The Freaks"
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:37   Link #851
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardi220288 View Post
It might be interesting to see them "fighting over" setsuna or they might have threesome battle play with their suit

whichever it is I'd call it "The Duel of The Freaks"
Ali is hardly a freaks. Setsuna is slowly becoming normal with his 'I am Gundam' thing. Graham is the only freaks here with a Gundam fetish and horny helmet (just see the opening song, Graham has horns for his helmet)
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:38   Link #852
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Setsuna: "I'm Gundam!"
Graham: "I love you Gundam!"
Ali: "Gundams are awesome!"

Why are they fighting again? :P
Old 2008-10-07, 07:38   Link #853
archzai

question: who is the guy with the eye patch that looks like the old Lockon? thanks!
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:42   Link #854
Averdant
Why so serious?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Averdant
I didn't notice anyone with an eyepatch. Well, except Lockon. Call me unobservant.
Averdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:44   Link #855
archzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averdant View Post
I didn't notice anyone with an eyepatch. Well, except Lockon. Call me unobservant.
yeah tahts the one i meant.... but is that Niel or Lyle (old lockon or the new soon to be lockon?) that was what i was trying distinguish between =p
archzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:49   Link #856
Averdant
Why so serious?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Averdant
It's Neil.
Averdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:01   Link #857
X207
Gamyūsa

this ep lived up to my expectations, se2 should turn out just fine after e25 finally airs. there are some GS similarities but i dont think that it will ruin the season at all. also what terms are soma and the bear on? are they just dating or are they actually married?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:09   Link #858
arunavsharma
House MD

Celestial Beings were formed so that Humanity enters an era without any wars or conflict.

its not exactly unifying the world or anything.. its changing the world.

this basic thing is the difference between the CB & Earth Sphere Alliance.

If you aint asking questions... then you havnt understood.

YouTube's Best AMV Channel
arunavsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 08:10   Link #859
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or, you know, have a father / daughter thing.
Old 2008-10-07, 08:28   Link #860
arunavsharma
House MD

i hope its a Father - Daughter relationship between Soma & him. Sunrise sure as hell dont wanna play with fire.

__________________________________________________ ____

on a different note.. i hav seen about half of Gundam Seed but still i dont think the characters are as realistic as in G-00. i dont mean to undermine Kira or Athrun.. but they have been surpassed by Setsuna by miles.

do drop in your opinions about Gundam 00 vs other Mecha anime.

If you aint asking questions... then you havnt understood.

YouTube's Best AMV Channel
arunavsharma is offline   Reply With Quote