AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 17:18   Link #1461
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't think Aria will be having THOSE kind of relationships with Kinji just yet.
I meant action in showing off their Butei skills, like actual fighting.
Old 2011-04-22, 17:23   Link #1462
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I don't think Aria will be having THOSE kind of relationships with Kinji just yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I meant action in showing off their Butei skills, like actual fighting.
Well if Kinji is going to show what hes got. There is sorta gonna be a combination of that "action", and the other "action"

But like he said, he is only going to do what hes got without Hysteria Mode. But maybe something will trigger it next episode?
Old 2011-04-22, 17:25   Link #1463
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
he only talks about it.
Because he can't transfer out easily?

Quote:
actually agreeing to get more involved
Because Aria keeps pestering him, and therefore he wants to prove that he's actually not as great as Aria thinks to be?
Old 2011-04-22, 17:28   Link #1464
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukahana View Post
Because Aria keeps pestering him, and therefore he wants to prove that he's actually not as great as Aria thinks to be?
Yep this is right, he even says that he'll give it his best as the normal him, he doesn't intend to go hysteria mode no matter what mission they do.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 17:38   Link #1465
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 02

I have to say I enjoyed that somewhat slicey of life episode devoid of action. What made me happy of course was that the 3 girls shown so far performed their roles quite well, first with Shirayandere and her hilarious scene, if she was that way without seeing anyone, man I hate to think what she'll do when she see's Aria

Aria... honestly, I can't hate her. I'm not one of those riding the anti-KugumiyaLoli train, and I couldn't help but smile during all her scenes. I actually loved her facial reactions during th bath scene, and the WacDonald's meal at the park was everything I thought it was going to be, right down to drinking from the wrong cup

Riko is just as fun, too. I love how an Inquesta girl is every bit happy go lucky as she should be, the same way I feel about I.S.'s Tabane (who rightfully deserves her personality), and of course, I said it before, she has an awesome tie uh I mean nice hair

Kinji though was just being Kinji, and I'm not sure if I meant to say anything more the only thing I had to laugh about was his "capturing underwear using katana" bit.

Like others here, an interesting thing I thought about after this ep, is her reaction to the word "love", or romantic actions (blushing tirade), and her reaction to the word "hate" (downcast feeling). Makes me want to see her reaction if Kinji says he loves her

It's going to happen, right? At the end of the series, Aria is stuck in a locker, and then Kinji finds her and-... oh wait
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:10   Link #1466
Megrim27

Quote:
Well, I knew it was coming. If it made sense, or had any intelligence in it, there would be no anime. That wouldn't be a bad thing of course, at least not with this one but still...

Episode 2.
Kinji proves that he is in fact a brain dead moron by not only remaining in the school but actually agreeing to get more involved, though he says it will only be one assault mission, we all know its just the start. An ordinary person, or one who wanted to live a normal life, would of course quit the school without hesitation. But Kinji isn't smart enough to do that, he only talks about it.
I have to agree with you here. I had rather liked Kinji in ep 1, but as soon as he fell into the tsundere trap, I lost all respect for him. I personally find it as a fault of the writers. Wanting to pair up these types of characters, but failing to come up with any logical reasoning of why the male protagonist would agree, they just gloss it over, if not ignore it altogether. Deus ex machina strikes again.
Megrim27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:14   Link #1467
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
It's going to happen, right? At the end of the series, Aria is stuck in a locker, and then Kinji finds her and-... oh wait
that's different story.

Quote:
Episode 2.
Kinji proves that he is in fact a brain dead moron by not only remaining in the school but actually agreeing to get more involved, though he says it will only be one assault mission, we all know its just the start. An ordinary person, or one who wanted to live a normal life, would of course quit the school without hesitation. But Kinji isn't smart enough to do that, he only talks about it.
If the girl is pestering you around and following/stalking 24/7 and will only stop if you agree with her then isn't that good condition. Do a mission but only 1 mission and what ever outcome that's it.

And can you even stop coming to school if it's already been paid. Waste of money and time. Kinji can't drop out of school too because he needs to study and if he wants to have normal life he needs those credits which to transfer to normal school. Even if butei high seems out of ordinary it still had 4 units that is needed in high school and those 4 are wasted if he drop out and he needs to pass those to even transfer or pass into higher grade.

You don't want to be held back a year just because of that. And aim to become normal means you at least don't become lower than normal. Like a dropout.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:23   Link #1468
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Wondering which kind of mission will be, easy, normal, hard or deadly?
Old 2011-04-22, 18:24   Link #1469
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You have to understand kha, there's a big difference between a "Kugimiya-Loli" and a "Loli voiced by Kugimiya"
Oh I know the difference. I praised Yukimura didn't I? But so far, from what I could tell from bits and pieces of manga, it seems like Shana is making a comeback.

I've just downloaded Aria during overnight offpeak. Now to see if my stand changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Somebody shop that image nao.
Old 2011-04-22, 18:26   Link #1470
tsunade666

did you look at the preview for the next episode? you can guess what level it is if a new character posing like this
Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-22, 18:27   Link #1471
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Wondering which kind of mission will be, easy, normal, hard or deadly?
Its gotta be deadly to make up for all that pestering Aria did to Kinji

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
did you look at the preview for the next episode? you can guess what level it is if a new character posing like this
Spoiler:
I don't want a hole in my head
Old 2011-04-22, 18:29   Link #1472
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
that's different story.

If the girl is pestering you around and following/stalking 24/7 and will only stop if you agree with her then isn't that good condition. Do a mission but only 1 mission and what ever outcome that's it.
An Assault mission is one where you risk your life, so, no, it's not good. Before resorting to that, I'd look into other ways to get rid of her. What she's doing can't be legal.

But I guess they can't exactly make half a dozen of eps of Kinji trying to get rid of Aria. Especially since, as she's supposed to be no good at planning, he really ought to succeed, which would spell a premature end to the series.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 18:32   Link #1473
tsunade666

Aria didn't even think about the consequence of her staying at boys dorm. She just barge in and even had dress prepared with. She is the type hard headed and hard to pursued specially if she star aiming her pistol at you.
Old 2011-04-22, 19:00   Link #1474
Nera Sleith
我らがツインテールに、勝る萌え無し!

Quote:
An ordinary person, or one who wanted to live a normal life, would of course quit the school without hesitation. But Kinji isn't smart enough to do that, he only talks about it.
It wasn't mentioned in the anime but he needed to wait until April before his transfer papers get processed. Since Butei have received special combat training and possesses a license to carry guns, it's not easy to give them permission to go back to normal society (ie normal school).

Excerpt from light novel (not a spoiler since the anime is now ahead of this chapter):
Spoiler for v1c2:

Last edited by Nera Sleith; 2011-04-22 at 19:10.
Nera Sleith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:14   Link #1475
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
An Assault mission is one where you risk your life, so, no, it's not good. Before resorting to that, I'd look into other ways to get rid of her. What she's doing can't be legal.

But I guess they can't exactly make half a dozen of eps of Kinji trying to get rid of Aria. Especially since, as she's supposed to be no good at planning, he really ought to succeed, which would spell a premature end to the series.
Aria is good at planning. What she said in episode 2 is that she is no good at deductive reasoning. Her instincts are top notch and she is very good at prepping for missions based on those. Her streak of 99 captured criminals attests to this.

I mean in this ep, the only time Kinji got away from her is when she let him get away to see what he would do.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 19:44   Link #1476
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mah in a way, she did praise him for checking up on her background.
Yeah she does seem to appreciate normal methods of investigation. Of course when he brought up the fruits of his investigation she was dressed which might be a reason .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Yep this is right, he even says that he'll give it his best as the normal him, he doesn't intend to go hysteria mode no matter what mission they do.
Yeah that's definitely his intention for the mission. While he's willing to do this, using the mode that he dislikes so much isn't part of it. Of course how likely is it that the mission won't put him into a situation that will require it? Though not sure if it'll trigger without him making a choice in it, or whether he'll intentionally let it trigger because the stakes are too high not to.
Old 2011-04-22, 20:28   Link #1477
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
How does Sweet and Sour smell like? (referring to Aria)

So the main character gets horny and goes into Hysteria mode, and owns everything. Quadro Aria means that there are 4 or her? as she has 3 other sisters?
Old 2011-04-22, 20:29   Link #1478
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
So the main character gets horny and goes into Hysteria mode, and owns everything. Quadro Aria means that there are 4 or her? as she has 3 other sisters?
Quadro refers to her use of 2 pistols. As well as 2 kitanas which results in 4 weapons.
Old 2011-04-22, 21:12   Link #1479
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Shirayuki is my reason for watching this.
Old 2011-04-22, 21:55   Link #1480
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I've just downloaded Aria during overnight offpeak. Now to see if my stand changes...

Somebody shop that image nao.
Man, I used to do offpeak hours too. Until I got sick of being awake when no one else is

But 'shopping Aria into a locker isn't going to be easy, her hair is going to be a pain to fit in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What she's doing can't be legal.
Well she is looking for a partner, and traveled quite a ways to get there, and she saw for herself what he's capable of so I think his conditions for a yes or a no is a good way to prove to her that the Segway thing was a fluke so that she'll have no choice but to get a stronger partner. So for now I'm just treating her incursion into Kinji's room the same way Shirayandere enters his room, since the issue of Aria being in the boys dorm is a detail I don't see this anime going into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Shirayuki is my reason for watching this.
Heh, short and to the point

My reasons.... hmm... I am a magnet for weaponized girls. An unavoidable bad joke over the years, unfortunately
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere