AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 15:14   Link #1981
Conri

Novel & Manga questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignae
While I'm still trying to put my finale feelings into the words which aren't coming.
In a way, I think that is about as perfect a description of the finale as you can get. This show made me feel a lot of emotion that I don't think I can ever properly put into words...as though any words I could come up with would be a disservice or misrepresentation. We can and will discuss what we think happened to all of the characters, but in the end I think the feelings are more important than irrefutable knowledge.

=======
I wanted more of these characters so I went and threw some money at the Simoun manga compilation from Yuri Hime that just came out. I was disappointed to find out that the two manga stories won't be anywhere near as involved a storyline (and that the first is so short!). On the flip side, it will be nice to see these characters in some less bittersweet situations, as long as their personalities are mostly the same.

Does anyone know how long the second manga will run in Megami Magazine? Is it just a short run like the one in Yuri Hime?

The novel: Anyone know if this is this a pure adaptation of the anime, or is the story retold in a different way?

========

Edit: a couple free OP gifs

Last edited by Conri; 2006-09-27 at 17:18.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 19:07   Link #1982
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Spoiler for About DomiLimo and the past world:

So now, can I assume that Aeru's red eye is a bug? Is that episode out on DVD? If so, can someone confirm if she still has that red eye in the DVD?

I also noticed something from 2ch. It seems that Anubituf's nickname is Tofu, and Morinas' nickname is 茄子 (nasu), which means eggplant. Haha...I guess it's because of the the last syllable.
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 19:24   Link #1983
Nei

The red eye is an artistic effect to express a certain state of mind. Other characters get red eyes in some scenes too.
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 20:51   Link #1984
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I agree that the red eye in ep4 was there as an artistic effect to express Aaeru's state of mind, but I can't remember other examples. Can anyone remember where else it happened?

By the way, I watched wowo's subs of ep26 with Freelance's good raw last night, and I can say two things: one, that raw is clearly better than the previous one (or the other one I got myself); two, the episode, like the series, gets better the more I watch it. I've seen this ep about five times now, lol.

Also, a couple of new images from AS's website, one of Sibylla Tofu (Anubituf as a Sibylla), and one of Aaeru and Furoe (I'll put it in a spoiler, since it's a slight spoiler for ep25/26):

Spoiler for ep25-6:
I can't quite understand all of what AS says just under this last pic on the front page of her website, but it looks very interesting. If someone could translate it, I'd really appreciate it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-27 at 21:08.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 21:39   Link #1985
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
Sibylla Tofu (Anubituf as a Sibylla)
... I think I'm in love
I mean, I think Anubituf is pretty good-looking for a guy, but Anubitu is like... wow.
Why? Why couldn't she have stayed that way?

Last edited by FatPianoBoy; 2006-09-27 at 23:43.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 23:21   Link #1986
Futaba-chan
Seigi no Mikata

Send a message via AIM to Futaba-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Futaba-chan
Choices

Spoiler for episodes 25 and 26:
Futaba-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 23:48   Link #1987
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
Ha, I didn't notice that. Weird. Seems kinda lame when you put it that way
Spoiler:
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 00:02   Link #1988
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba-chan
All true. But...
Spoiler for 25-26:
I think it's legitimate for me to tell people that there is now a torrent on tokyotosho of Niino Michi's appearance on Takahashi Mikako's radio show (Mikako@PayoPayo). It was online in June. This week's guest is Morinaga Rika (Mamiina). The link to the audio of the current show is near the bottom of the Mikako@PayoPayo page.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-09-28 at 00:15.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 00:12   Link #1989
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei
The red eye is an artistic effect to express a certain state of mind. Other characters get red eyes in some scenes too.
I hope that it's will be rectified on the DVD Version...
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 01:52   Link #1990
atosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo

So now, can I assume that Aeru's red eye is a bug? Is that episode out on DVD? If so, can someone confirm if she still has that red eye in the DVD?
Spoiler for red eye:

Well, maybe that is a too radical interpretation but that's just my theory about her odd eye.

Oh, by the way, i just joined this site.
Guess it will take me days to read this whole thread from the very beginning, but i'm GLAD that I still have sth to do with Simoun. Haha
atosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 02:39   Link #1991
atosaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I can't quite understand all of what AS says just under this last pic on the front page of her website, but it looks very interesting. If someone could translate it, I'd really appreciate it.
"Somewhere I could have chosen other than here.
However, I'm standing here, accepting my life.

The place, where everyone lives, where I could have stayed.
However, I, with the one whom I love, fly away toward the dream from my childhood,
leaving everything behind.

Shoujo does not last forever. A boy lose his freedom, forced to fight.
You(anata) are, You(kimi) are, another possibility. Did not choose. Another opportunity.
The eternal love which neither get touched nor fade away.
Of mine, living in a reality, and of the girl, living in a dream.
However, that is never unhappy. That is the dearest and the sweatest memory.."

I guess the blue one is waht Froe(Frof) says and the red one is what Aeru says and the black one is told by both of them.
It is TRULY INTERESTING dialogue between two. It is right to the theme of Simoun.

I'm not really sure about my translation...
so anyone please correct me if i am wrong.
atosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 03:09   Link #1992
SomeWhiteGuy

Ugh.... I just finished the series. I'm not gonna say anything to spoil it, but man, I swear anime series never quiet end exactly the way you want them to.

This one was actually (kinda) alright (it certainly didn’t end like Chrono Crusade or Last Exile). But I just feel like they could of added more onto it. It's like, they didn’t exhausted all the material in the story line down to the very last drop.

Spoiler for what I wanted to see:
SomeWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:04   Link #1993
warainagara
CA

Send a message via MSN to warainagara
Quote:
Originally Posted by atosaki
Shoujo does not last forever. A boy lose his freedom, forced to fight.
You(anata) are, You(kimi) are, another possibility. Did not choose. Another opportunity.
The eternal love which neither get touched nor fade away.
Of mine, living in a reality, and of the girl, living in a dream.
However, that is never unhappy. That is the dearest and the sweatest memory.."

I guess the blue one is waht Froe(Frof) says and the red one is what Aeru says and the black one is told by both of them.
It is TRULY INTERESTING dialogue between two. It is right to the theme of Simoun.

I'm not really sure about my translation...
so anyone please correct me if i am wrong.

Spoiler:
warainagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:14   Link #1994
oneplusme
Simoun-Fans Editor

I'm still trying to work out precisely what my reaction to the end of this series is, but I think I'm at least coming to understand the why.

oneplusme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 05:38   Link #1995
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri
Does anyone know how long the second manga will run in Megami Magazine? Is it just a short run like the one in Yuri Hime?
It's really just a light gag, so I'd be surprised if it continues much longer now the anime is over. The third installment in volume 77 (October) didn't have "The End" plastered over it, so when the November issue comes out this Saturday we may see another one.

Of more interest is that they're still publishing their "Sybilla Fanclub" column (rough sketches and little bits of info about the show - a few *cough* scans have turned up here). It's dropped down to a single page, so maybe it too is about to fade out.

Quote:
The novel: Anyone know if this is this a pure adaptation of the anime, or is the story retold in a different way?
Can't help you here, sorry - I have a copy, but I'm a long way off being able to read it...
Old 2006-09-28, 06:06   Link #1996
Nei

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplusme
Spoiler for some thoughts:
Nei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 09:31   Link #1997
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote