Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 05:45   Link #521
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Fixed .

I want to see Alejandro down next ep, then we can bother with Graham later.
actually the first 10+ episode of G00 were mediocre there was some interresting topic but some waste time with filler and such. show picked up around episode 14 for me :/

thinking back to when the trinity trio got owned by ali, i m wondering who gave them up to ali?
was it wang lui ming or alexandro? a few min before he arrive i think the elder of the trinity was in comm with wang lui ming. so is she walking side by side with alexandro or is she just a totally free electron going where ever her interrests pulls her.
the fact that she is in space in this episode in a luxurious ship makes me think she is fully awake of what alexandro is doing and even giving her blessing to it. time will tell.
if alexandro is to die next eps i wouldnt mind wang lui ming being the mastermind of season 2 or maybe just a shady character walking the thin line between evil and pragmatism
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:45   Link #522
Ichimaru

The only thing i can say is setsuna is a scrub of a pilot in the gundam universe

it was just bad tactics on sumeragis part also,

you let go 2 MS to go fight a beast which had not affect, that MS was still mobile at the speed its going and that blaster cannon only shoots in a straight line,

setsuna and the other MS couldve just help bring down the numbers of the GNX suites and then concentrate on the big beast, where it wouldve favor them if the battle was to continue on further untill the 2nd platoon backup arrives for earths side. Instead they sacrifice teira and nadleeh.

PS. i think next eps, Neena is going to save there candy asses
Old 2008-03-24, 05:48   Link #523
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru View Post
The only thing i can say is setsuna is a scrub of a pilot in the gundam universe

it was just bad tactics on sumeragis part also,

you let go 2 MS to go fight a beast which had not affect, that MS was still mobile at the speed its going and that blaster cannon only shoots in a straight line,

setsuna and the other MS couldve just help bring down the numbers of the GNX suites and then concentrate on the big beast, where it wouldve favor them if the battle was to continue on further untill the 2nd platoon backup arrives for earths side. Instead they sacrifice teira and nadleeh.

PS. i think next eps, Neena is going to save there candy asses
Given the rapid shooting speed of the MA, I doubt that your strategy would work. In fact, I would say CB will be shot down faster.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:49   Link #524
Narutaro

oh man, totally forgot about that. I guess since space colonies is not as the main focus as other gundam shows I've seen
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 07:18   Link #525
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
They do have colonies. HRL had one where the Super Soldier Facility was located.
That's actually an interim colony while the main ones are being built. If you look at some of O'Niel's colony blueprints, the HRL mini-colony was his suggested form for a staging-point colony from which other colony construction could be built from.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 07:22   Link #526
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Given the rapid shooting speed of the MA, I doubt that your strategy would work. In fact, I would say CB will be shot down faster.
Especially when one considers that the vast majority of the damage suffered by CB last episode was from that MA. Without even intending to, Alejandro crippled both the Kyrios and Virtue, and a single glancing shot killed the Ptolemy. Considering how it was blasting through CB's asteroid cover, NOT going out killing it is a bad idea, and in no way should imply that the Gundams would have been ready to go face in unscathed.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 07:55   Link #527
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Kira and Athrun were GENIUSES, at the top of their class. Kira was a master programmer while Athrun was an insane engineer. That's why they do school projects together, and that's also why Athrun was able to make a flying metal bird.

Athrun and Kira were intellectual equals. When Athrun went to PLANT and attended an all-coordinator military academy, he was number-one in all subjects.

This is more than just about Coordinators; Athrun and Kira were exceptions rather than the rule.

So bringing it back to 00, it is RIDICULOUS to compare Saji to Kira, or any other young Gundam protagonist. Saji is an ordinary hard-working young man, who does not stand out in ether intellect or skill.

Calling Kira a computer nerd is like calling Master Asia a wanna-be martial artist. It is plainly false.
Agreed. Also, Kira was bred for perfection and possibly for a military purpose at that so he was like a pure, concentrated form of battlereadiness even if his head and his whole lifestyle before piloting a Gundam wasn't. Saji's situation is a total 180 from that. The way Saji was steered, aiming to train to go to space and all, I think the military was one possible scenario to begin with.

I have to agree with some others who equate Saji with Shinn. Shinn never really had a talent or innate ability (the only way he could beat anyone was by going berserk/Seed mode) and Saji definitely has the drive. I wouldn't put it past Saji personally. The more I watch the show, the more I think Saji could have more meaningful things to do. And there are more empty slots in CB's arsenal if he chooses that path.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 08:05   Link #528
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I'm pretty sure Shinn trained to become a pilot in those years after Orb got draped...and he was a coordinator which is sorta like a superhuman...

Saji is a normal person...no coord or nothing, he'll only ever be a pilot if he finds some military who would train him...although i can see him as some kind of political rebel or something, leading a anti-CB group or something...but not as a pilot, that's weak
Old 2008-03-24, 08:09   Link #529
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Agreed. Also, Kira was bred for perfection and possibly for a military purpose at that so he was like a pure, concentrated form of battlereadiness even if his head and his whole lifestyle before piloting a Gundam wasn't. Saji's situation is a total 180 from that. The way Saji was steered, aiming to train to go to space and all, I think the military was one possible scenario to begin with.

I have to agree with some others who equate Saji with Shinn. Shinn never really had a talent or innate ability (the only way he could beat anyone was by going berserk/Seed mode) and Saji definitely has the drive. I wouldn't put it past Saji personally. The more I watch the show, the more I think Saji could have more meaningful things to do. And there are more empty slots in CB's arsenal if he chooses that path.
I've been thinking. What if he decides to join CB to find out who the [insert expletive here] hurt his Louise and killed his sister?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 08:13   Link #530
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I've been thinking. What if he decides to join CB to find out who the [insert expletive here] hurt his Louise and killed his sister?
That would give me flashbacks of Baldr Force EXE Resolution.

Natch.
Old 2008-03-24, 08:16   Link #531
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
I'm pretty sure Shinn trained to become a pilot in those years after Orb got draped...and he was a coordinator which is sorta like a superhuman...

Saji is a normal person...no coord or nothing, he'll only ever be a pilot if he finds some military who would train him...although i can see him as some kind of political rebel or something, leading a anti-CB group or something...but not as a pilot, that's weak
We don't know if there'll be some sort of a timeleap that'll make that happen. Gundam 00 even skipped 6 months at a time once (though the results weren't dramatic. Just more interventions by CB).

I do think it's more likely that he could play a political/backup role in CB or the UN forces even. But I wouldn't rule anything out when it's such a borderline whimsical/unconventional group like Celestial Being we're talking about. I think it'd be cool if Saji can conjure up some battle ability if he chooses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Yeah, I think that could be the most realistic way for him to search out CB too. I think he'll probably embroil himself with CB in the process though. Like everyone is saying, siding with CB or even joining its ranks. If he doesn't go that path, just imagine him in a Flag fighter or something.

PS- I really feel for Chris and Lichty the same way I felt for Saji's sister: We hardly knew ya

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2008-03-24 at 09:00.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:15   Link #532
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol They actually killed off Patrick.

That mobile armor shouldn't be hard to kill. It's been spamming attacks and shields the entire time. It's gonna run out of energy soon.

And about Lichty, was he a cyborg? His arm didn't look right. Louise could probably get one too so she can still wear those dumb rings.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:29   Link #533
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

I liked the episode, and I loved the Chris and Lichty scene. Still, the only moment I wanted to scream out: "LAME!" was when Feldt shouted out the full name and family name of her friend. WTF?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:37   Link #534
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post

And about Lichty, was he a cyborg? His arm didn't look right. Louise could probably get one too so she can still wear those dumb rings.
Now how come i didn't think of that earlier....? Good idea though... Instead of the boring genetic engineering of humans to make them uber... why not plug in a mechanical limb? Less Kira, More Terminator...ish. 00's truly, if not realistic, unique!

EDIT: Is it just me or is this the first time I hear Setsuna saying "Feldt Grace...". Or is this the first time anyone has ever called Feldt by her full name...?
Old 2008-03-24, 09:46   Link #535
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Well the one plus of seeing cyborg Lichty is we might get to see Terminator Ali! Probably one of the only ways on how it would make sense for him to survive.

If there were more UN forces left I could totally seem them turn on each other at the end of the battle since there's one complete True GN drive left on the Ptolemy.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:57   Link #536
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post

If there were more UN forces left I could totally seem them turn on each other at the end of the battle since there's one complete True GN drive left on the Ptolemy.
It's not in the Ptolemy anymore... Sumeragi, Ian and Feldt took Dynames's container(with Dynames in it) and flew off Ptolemy before it's bridge went KABOOM
Old 2008-03-24, 10:06   Link #537
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

could some one please confirm this : basically there are only three fake Gn drive left right ? one with graham and the other with soma and sergei well the others with that huge ass MA I consider it gone already with Setsuna facing him - GOOO setsuna

edit: I just got this crazy idea of setsunaxfelt - what do you guys think? -

Last edited by Ardi220288; 2008-03-24 at 10:18.
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:06   Link #538
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

What about Soma and Sergei? I guess they still have their GN-Xs with fake GN drives right?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 10:10   Link #539
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

well we got

Hal/Al = shizo genetically engineered psycho
Soma = Hal/Al 2.0 (doesnt go kookoo on your ass and a girl to boot)
Tieria = cybernetic trap emo (WiMax Veda network ftw?)
Livonze = same like tieria
the Trinity trio = nfi but they arent your normal dude/tte
Licht = cyb0rg dude but sucks at picking up girl (maybe they didnt give him a prosthetic ball or something)
Allejandro = Emperor Palpatine

who knows what will come next? Veda, the SHODAN wannabe? Setsuna as Jedi Master? Patrick as Orange-kun?
Old 2008-03-24, 10:19   Link #540
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
About Louise... She from really rich family, right? And that family was wiped out, except from Louise - this mean, girl inherited all their money... Why she not buy/build some good MS specially for Saji?
By the way - she even not know that Kinue dead. I sure, when she know, she will not sit in this shitty hospital and probably will return to Saji. After all - now he need she by his side the most...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote