AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 7 11.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 37.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-13, 20:01   Link #61
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
due to several skipped chapters, Yozora's bullying in the anime can be considered as already toned down. the funny thing is that she mentioned 'acting' as one of their activities before Rika joined, though none of those were adapted into the anime .
It could be that she was referring to when she forced Sena to read the Sacred Blacksmith game's line ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I felt this episode made it clear that Yozora sees it as a competition. To her it's not bullying because Sena accepts the battle. Yozora doesn't really go after the others much because they don't challenge her.
Well, she made Yukimura wear maid dress, and forced Maria, 10 year old girl, to become the club advisor, by slapped and tricked her

I do find Yozora's insults are too much, but to be fair sometimes it was also funny ^^
Old 2011-11-13, 20:10   Link #62
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Yozora, you hypocritical bitch.

You are in NO position to get angry when people call you a bully if you grind your heel into people's weaknesses and insecurities when they are at their emotionally most vulnerable, and gain pleasure as they crack and start crying.

(Referring to FORCING Sena to be honest when doing so would cause her intense misery and discomfort)

Continuing with with this lovely franchise. Watching it for the rest of the lovable cast, not that domineering self centered skank.
Well said.
If Yozora has in the past treated anyone the same as she treats Sena now, I'm not in the very least surprised that she doesn't have any friends.
Yozora really needs to learn to stop the insults and treat people better, or she'll never get anywhere.

Quote:
(Finished Episode)

Oh, and just why is Kodaka going to "that piece of Meat's" house? Because Sena, abnormal though she may be, is nicer than you.

It's nice to be nice, bitch.
Sena being nicer is probably also why he agreed on having that meet-up with Sena before.
With Yozora's contant insults and nastyness, I doubt he'd agree to a meet-up with her.
Old 2011-11-13, 20:54   Link #63
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Sena being nicer is probably also why he agreed on having that meet-up with Sena before.

With Yozora's contant insults and nastyness, I doubt he'd agree to a meet-up with her.
I doubt that. Although I do find it weird that Kodaka hasn't had any real 1-1 time with Yozora since the club started (except for that one time in Episode 3). I mean they're in the same class, and yet I barely remember any solo talks they've had.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-11-13, 22:13   Link #64
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I felt sorry for Sena being "abused" by Yozora all the time but she put herself in a situation that it's easy for her to be "abused" to begin with. Yozora on the other hand doesn't seem to know of the word "mercy" but it's nice to see her get a little worked up when Kodaka wants to go to a karaoke with Rika. The scene when all 4 of them were standing waiting for the siblings, it almost felt like they're going on a battle. The quiz-like thing about the time was a little confusing and clever Kodaka used Kobato to solve the problem (though I'm sure he already knows the answer). It's funny how Kobato must do that pose and laugh first before solving. I still find it cute when she's calling Kodaka "An-chan."
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-11-13, 23:08   Link #65
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I really like the pacing of this episode. It's less hectic and parsed together than, for example, the last one. It's good when the anime enhances the material rather than ruthlessly cutting here and there as usual. Also sweet to see the gang gets along (well except Yozora and Sena messing up XD) and to see Kodaka become the linchpin of the group.

But admittedly, Yozora's bullying of Sena was not fun. Sure, Sena bites back so it seems like she could take it, but Yozora doesn't seem to know when to stop.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:12   Link #66
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I really like the pacing of this episode. It's less hectic and parsed together than, for example, the last one. It's good when the anime enhances the material rather than ruthlessly cutting here and there as usual. Also sweet to see the gang gets along (well except Yozora and Sena messing up XD) and to see Kodaka become the linchpin of the group.

But admittedly, Yozora's bullying of Sena was not fun. Sure, Sena bites back so it seems like she could take it, but Yozora doesn't seem to know when to stop.
Because Sena always comes back for more. If she really hated being teased she'd stop letting herself be the recipient of it but she doesn't. Half the time it seems like she forgets that she "hates" Yozora.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-11-13, 23:20   Link #67
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Because Sena always comes back for more. If she really hated being teased she'd stop letting herself be the recipient of it but she doesn't. Half the time it seems like she forgets that she "hates" Yozora.
Because Sena's a lonely girl who really just wants [girl-]friends and who couldn't really hate Yozora, it's fine for Yozora to bitch the hell out of her? Had their first introduction been different (i.e. Yozora being just a little nicer to her) Sena would have been her best friend forever in a heartbeat (while acting all prideful of course, which may legitimately pissed Yozora off). At the very least we know Yozora easily reads Sena through, so she could have used that power for good rather than trolling if she were ever so inclined.

Plus, what do you think Sena was fighting back for?

Of course, both girls put up all sorts of shields and conceits -- Yozora doesn't hesitate to call Sena's conceits at every opportunity, though it doesn't really happen the other way around -- and I'd call Yozora's alpha female act part of her AT field.
Old 2011-11-13, 23:44   Link #68
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Yozora and Sena don't know it yet but they are each other's best-friends. I'm pretty sure Sena has all the power to take care of Yozora if she really hates her. Yozora needs to deal with whatever she had in the past because right now its influencing her badly. I will take my time and wait for them to open up with each other, in the meanwhile Ill enjoy the ride there.

Gotta love them picking the same Karaoke song at once. It was my favorite part of the episode and the most character development IMO. The song felt sad and lonely but very melancholy. Anyone know the tittle please?
Old 2011-11-14, 00:07   Link #69
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fun episode. Total face palm at their karaoke plan though.

I agree that Yozora went overboard this time around. I think Kodaka should have stepped in. But Sena totally won the day at the end there, oh boy.
Old 2011-11-14, 05:57   Link #70
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because Sena's a lonely girl who really just wants [girl-]friends and who couldn't really hate Yozora, it's fine for Yozora to bitch the hell out of her? Had their first introduction been different (i.e. Yozora being just a little nicer to her) Sena would have been her best friend forever in a heartbeat (while acting all prideful of course, which may legitimately pissed Yozora off). At the very least we know Yozora easily reads Sena through, so she could have used that power for good rather than trolling if she were ever so inclined.
Lol, you paint such a nice picture of Sena as this helpless victimized girl with a heart of gold.
Old 2011-11-14, 07:52   Link #71
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yeah, that jerkass facade could possibly be the result of what happened in the past. Think that way, in that dream of Kodaka, Kodaka wanted to tell his "Bro" (Yozora) something before he left. He had come one day before and had waited the whole day, then he was gone. Bro Yozora had likely an unexpected occurence that stopped her from coming to that meeting.
Guess what could have possibly happened in that day of Kodaka's departure? Bro Yozora likely had come and waited the whole day too, but Kodaka never came back. Remember what she said about Tomo-chan in ep1. "She'd never betray me."

So that event might have been a very hard hit on Bro Yozora who then became a grade A jerkass, and use it as a defense mechanism of some sort.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:54   Link #72
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Gotta feel sorry for Sena when she was forced to beg to go with them, even if she did set herself up.

I sorta had that feeling before, where the people around you make plans and your the only one that hadn't been invited. It's not a very nice feeling. So it adds insult to injury to Sena when she has to beg to go out with people who are suppose to be her friends. Hate her or not, Yozora shouldn't have been so harsh.
Old 2011-11-14, 13:33   Link #73
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Y'know it was Sena's fault in the first place for not being honest with herself, acting like a arrogant high-class person who looks down on "commoner activities". From MY view Yozora was only criticizing Sena's hypocritical attitude in a very alpha-dog way. Not to mention Yozora was right, if she's intelligent Sena should have realized that she didn't need her permission to go with them sooner than she did.

The Yozora hate here is very blind, taking Yozora's actions solely at face-value.

Plus like others have said, if Sena was really hurt by Yozora then I doubt she'd even be coming back to the club at all.
Old 2011-11-14, 14:40   Link #74
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

"Yozora:
When Haruhi is just too darned nice."
Old 2011-11-14, 16:38   Link #75
Rozen Van Kaizer
Rozen Von Keiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The Yozora hate here is very blind, taking Yozora's actions solely at face-value.
I agree on this one. I support Yozora and Sena's possible future friendship but I do noticed not giving some of Yozora's "actions" the benefit of a doubt. I guess we could say everyone is at fault here, that is why this battle between Yozora and Sena is not going to end anytime soon.

I noticed that Yozora usually initiates the bickering though. Never noticed Sena starting a fight and its mostly Yozora initiating the first attack (except at the public after the Karaoke scene). If Yozora would stop these preemptive strikes there wouldn't be as much fights in their club (that would kinda be boring though). But then who would control Sena's self-centered attitude =P.

Yozora should at least tone down her insults. It wouldn't hurt to use a much less offensive words on Sena.

Quote:
"Yozora:
When Haruhi is just too darned nice."
Win!
Old 2011-11-14, 19:05   Link #76
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, you paint such a nice picture of Sena as this helpless victimized girl with a heart of gold.
And you and a few others are utterly misreading it so you all could be like, oh look Sena fans are bitching and hating on Yozora and get all outraged. I know people like being outraged, but jeez.

I said both girls put up AT fields in the very same post, and pointed out that Yozora did not hesitate to call out Sena's little conceit. I also happened to say Yozora doesn't know when she's going too far on that, and then all of you Yozora fans -- though I don't really dislike her either -- start putting up all sorts of strawman Sena fanatics to burn.

Eh whatever.
Old 2011-11-14, 20:15   Link #77
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Yeah, that jerkass facade could possibly be the result of what happened in the past. Think that way, in that dream of Kodaka, Kodaka wanted to tell his "Bro" (Yozora) something before he left. He had come one day before and had waited the whole day, then he was gone. Bro Yozora had likely an unexpected occurence that stopped her from coming to that meeting.
Guess what could have possibly happened in that day of Kodaka's departure? Bro Yozora likely had come and waited the whole day too, but Kodaka never came back. Remember what she said about Tomo-chan in ep1. "She'd never betray me."

So that event might have been a very hard hit on Bro Yozora who then became a grade A jerkass, and use it as a defense mechanism of some sort.
How do you know that Yozora had something important to do that day? It seems much more likely to me that Yozora chickened out. Depending on what he wanted to say to her, it would've been neccessary for her to admit that she lied to him all the way, and that she isn't a boy, but a girl. Later then she became angry at herself for not showing up, and became a bitter jackass.
If someone was doing some betraying her, it was her with her pretending to be a boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
if Sena was really hurt by Yozora then I doubt she'd even be coming back to the club at all.
You're making no sense whatsoever
So in your opinion, Sena should've said farewell to the absolutely only friends she's ever had?
No matter how badly she was hurt by Yozora's excessive bullying, she had no choice but to return to the club, if she didn't want to lose her only friends and live a completely solitary life again.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:21   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
And you and a few others are utterly misreading it so you all could be like, oh look Sena fans are bitching and hating on Yozora and get all outraged. I know people like being outraged, but jeez.

I said both girls put up AT fields in the very same post, and pointed out that Yozora did not hesitate to call out Sena's little conceit. I also happened to say Yozora doesn't know when she's going too far on that, and then all of you Yozora fans -- though I don't really dislike her either -- start putting up all sorts of strawman Sena fanatics to burn.

Eh whatever.
Between your replies and mine, who do you think seems to be more outraged?

The statement that I have quoted from you have you make the assumption that Sena is this helpless girl, but in fact she played the game and wanted to go toe-to-toe with Yozora but lost.

That's all there is.

Quote:
If someone was doing some betraying her, it was her with her pretending to be a boy.
Lol, now who's the one not making sense?

Quote:
You're making no sense whatsoever
So in your opinion, Sena should've said farewell to the absolutely only friends she's ever had?
No matter how badly she was hurt by Yozora's excessive bullying, she had no choice but to return to the club, if she didn't want to lose her only friends and live a completely solitary life again.
Yes because the club is the only place she can meet them It's not like they're in the same school or anything.
Old 2011-11-14, 21:23   Link #79
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
She never pretended to be a boy. Stop jumping to conclusions
Old 2011-11-14, 21:53   Link #80
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
How do you know that Yozora had something important to do that day? It seems much more likely to me that Yozora chickened out. Depending on what he wanted to say to her, it would've been neccessary for her to admit that she lied to him all the way, and that she isn't a boy, but a girl. Later then she became angry at herself for not showing up, and became a bitter jackass.
Let's try to piece this together here. Apparently, Yozora kept to heart what her mother told her, to treasure real friends, and this is what she passed onto Kodaka. Now, it's a fact Kodaka was highly likely going to tell Yozora that day that he was moving, I won't forget you, stuff like that, but what was Yozora going to tell him? I'd like to think she'd tell him that she's a girl and not a boy, but seeing as how she kept her mother's words very closely, maybe she felt that Kodaka was going to tell her something she didn't want to hear (such as "I'm leaving town"), and it may have seemed like an act of betrayal.

Remember these are kids, and Kodaka did say he'll be her friend no matter what, and maybe Yozora had a feeling he would leave, which in a simple way of viewing it, would have betrayed her. Of course, there's another theory that perhaps she did want to tell him her gender, but it may have looked as if all this time she was unknowingly misleading him about that, and she probably thought it would have betrayed him in the way that al this time he thought otherwise. Although I do doubt this gender theory, there's also the part where maybe she didn't use her real name, and maybe she was going to tell him, which would then look like "sorry, I lied all this time" or something like that.

If anything, I would so want to read the novel if it revealed the truth about these past events. But I'm strangely not a novel guy, so here's hoping the Anime at least covers this, or maybe the manga would jump ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
She never pretended to be a boy. Stop jumping to conclusions
This is the amusing thing I've seen a number of times in ....doujins the part where the male character had always thought the childhood friend was a boy, but turns out she was a girl it's almost as if short hair is a prerequisite for that. Are Japanese girl's voices really not distinguishable from a boy's at such a young age, or this only happens in fiction....XD Really, I know I have never run into a situation where I thought a girl was a boy, but then that could be just me.
Closed Thread