AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-29, 01:51   Link #21
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I just found out Kotomi's ending......

*Cries* T_T

So this is what Clannad's story was about......
Old 2007-10-29, 05:06   Link #22
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

What do I do >.< I m just so crazily addicted to the Kotomi scene that I see it atleast once every hour..and this coming having seen this episode already 8 times >.<
Old 2007-10-29, 11:52   Link #23
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
What do I do >.< I m just so crazily addicted to the Kotomi scene that I see it atleast once every hour..and this coming having seen this episode already 8 times >.<
I'm probably worse than you. I've had it on loop for quite a while, I kinda lost track of time... it's a bit exaggerated, but I think I've watched the Kotomi-knee scene on loop for a good 10 minutes straight.
Old 2007-10-29, 12:01   Link #24
Takuto19
Yarrrr

I've watched a bunch of times too, and this is just the second scene shown in the anime, gonna be loads more to come hehe.
Old 2007-10-29, 14:51   Link #25
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
This is the only episode of Clannad that I immediately rewatched the day after...actually, come to think of it, this might be the only episode of any anime that I immediately rewatched the day after of my own accord...
Old 2007-10-31, 02:13   Link #26
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well.. CLANNAD has definitely broken all my past Re-Watching Records. But more than that...the Kotomi scene is definitely the most rewatched scene by me ever

Hech! I loved it so much, that I used the .gif image of that scene in the "Thank You" Slide of my presentation the other day. >.<
Old 2007-10-31, 16:05   Link #27
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Well.. CLANNAD has definitely broken all my past Re-Watching Records. But more than that...the Kotomi scene is definitely the most rewatched scene by me ever

Hech! I loved it so much, that I used the .gif image of that scene in the "Thank You" Slide of my presentation the other day. >.<
Yeah same here, well second most for me, dought it will beat Haruhi Suzumiya =p

It's definently one of those series that you can watch again and again and still love it, rewatching the whole series when it's done will certainly be fun heh.
Old 2007-10-31, 16:31   Link #28
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
I usually rewatch some of the sad parts most of the time. But, this anime brings a lot to the table, like humor and moe scene(s) (of course) that don't get old for a while.
Old 2007-10-31, 20:13   Link #29
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thentus View Post
I usually rewatch some of the sad parts most of the time. But, this anime brings a lot to the table, like humor and moe scene(s) (of course) that don't get old for a while.
Wait till you get to Kotomi's section, you'll get your dose of Kotomi moe+'humor' overload.

(and a heavy dosage of Kyou as well... one of the routes that had on the ground laughing + a stomach ache the day after....

Spoiler for After that...:
Old 2007-11-10, 04:24   Link #30
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Well..rejoice ~KOTOMI-CHAN~ fans..she is there next week for sure ^_^

doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki doki....

Old 2007-11-10, 09:26   Link #31
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Next week?! Does that mean we'll be delving into her story soon?

I can't wait~ Even though it's nice to have such an interesting character with little known about her at this point in time, I want to know more.

As a parting sentence, I believe Mamiko Noto did a good job here. Her voice seems to bring out the moe in Kotomi more.
Old 2007-11-10, 20:26   Link #32
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Is it just me or is Kotomi REALLY similar to Natsume Konno from Mahoraba??

Interesting character, but with that said, everybody is interesting in Clannad
Old 2007-11-18, 04:10   Link #33
amoirsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Is it just me or is Kotomi REALLY similar to Natsume Konno from Mahoraba??

Interesting character, but with that said, everybody is interesting in Clannad
No, I don't think she can produce flowers from her head.

On the other hand yes, hairstyle is a little similar (not really, but the size sure seems similar, but it's not the same), similar hair colour, shy yes probably, quiet yes probably, can appear absent minded and totally ignore the main guy character yes that too, contains intellect yes but Natsume's feature wasn't that. Interesting comparison as I didn't think of that before.

I could state many Kotomi gripes from how Kyoani has utilized her so far, but most are minour details, and the merging is slightly in character, just a bit odd, only because there hasn't been much Kotomi.

But a main reasonable gripe would be the scissors usage lol. The purpose of the cutting was to trim the edges of the book, which actually makes sense. However, Kyoani made it a blatant down the middle cut, which in terms of cutting the book, makes no sense. The only part that makes sense from that is Tomoya reacting to it since a cut down a page in a book is really not a good idea (but trimming the corner into a rounded one is not too unusual).

Although this is both episode specific and game related, as the anime itself, I do wonder why the scissors was ready to cut down the middle. If it was ... what's the point?

(Then I could wonder about why the scissors reappeared in episode 4. Indirectly that would imply that she cut some pages in half in a sense.) Oh well, I already know that Kyoani implemented that for the "don't cut the book" idea, but the attempt for the cut of the book is really weird. It's a small thing, so maybe remembering to show trimming of corners wasn't relevant enough, but I still find it an oddity.
Old 2007-11-18, 04:51   Link #34
dgreater1
Misuzu & Kotomi Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoirsp View Post
The purpose of the cutting was to trim the edges of the book, which actually makes sense. However, Kyoani made it a blatant down the middle cut, which in terms of cutting the book, makes no sense.
Spoiler for This is kind of spoiler so be warned to those who haven't played Kotomi yet XD:

Forgot to add, I agree with everyone comparing Konno Natsume to Ichinose Kotomi in some of personality :3
Old 2007-11-19, 17:45   Link #35
Atheuz

Kotomi is so freaking adorable, but I don't want Tomoya to end up with her.
Old 2007-11-19, 18:04   Link #36
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Please look at my sig.
Old 2007-11-20, 01:06   Link #37
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Please look at my sig.
You don't have a sig.

EDIT: Oops, needed to turn it on. That's in the Clannad game right?
Old 2007-11-20, 01:08   Link #38
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
You don't have a sig.

EDIT: Oops, needed to turn it on. That's in the Clannad game right?
Yes, it's based on the game CG.
Old 2007-11-20, 01:22   Link #39
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Call it a hunch, but in the anime storyline I would guess you wouldn't have too much to worry about.

I could be wrong though!
Old 2007-11-20, 07:44   Link #40
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Call it a hunch, but in the anime storyline I would guess you wouldn't have too much to worry about.

I could be wrong though!
It's not that I don't love her character, I think she's the most adorable and cute of all the girls, but Tomoya is nowhere near good enough for her D=
Closed Thread