AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 10:24   Link #1481
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Spoiler for KYH and WC Theory:
Spoilers
Spoiler for reply
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:28   Link #1482
judasmartel
*Author

Of course, KYH looking like Kirito could be purely coincidental.

Spoiler for Chiyu:
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 10:55   Link #1483
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

She has Asuna's eyes and Kirito's hair, not to mention that both light novels are illustrated by different people (abec for SAO and HIMA for AW). So it could be that her parents are indeed Kirito and Asuna, or that Kawahara is just messing with our minds.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 11:00   Link #1484
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
She has Asuna's eyes and Kirito's hair, not to mention that both light novels are illustrated by different people (abec for SAO and HIMA for AW). So it could be that her parents are indeed Kirito and Asuna, or that Kawahara is just messing with our minds.
And if they are, what about..

Spoilers
Spoiler for Volume 12
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-19, 11:36   Link #1485
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

What about them?
Old 2012-09-19, 12:53   Link #1486
Kuronosu

I think Graphite Edge is most likely to be kirito/asuna child than KYH.
and maybe that why author kept him from appear in the story until now?
Kuronosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:56   Link #1487
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
What about them?
How does that theory.. explain (for the lack of a better word) them or whatever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuronosu View Post
I think Graphite Edge is most likely to be kirito/asuna child than KYH.
and maybe that why author kept him from appear in the story until now?
Aye, I'd be more inclined to believe that he's their child as opposed to KYH. There's another theory as to why he can use Star Stream and all that in SAO and Accel World comparison thread that uses mechanics of Underworld to justify it, but I can't remember it off the top of my head..
Old 2012-09-19, 16:53   Link #1488
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Aye, I'd be more inclined to believe that he's their child as opposed to KYH. There's another theory as to why he can use Star Stream and all that in SAO and Accel World comparison thread that uses mechanics of Underworld to justify it, but I can't remember it off the top of my head..
Is Star Burst Stream his killer move or IS?

As for whether KYH/Graphite Edge/someone else is Kirito&Asuna's child, it's better off in the fanfiction thread
Old 2012-09-19, 17:36   Link #1489
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Is Star Burst Stream his killer move or IS?
I don't know. All I remember was that it was said to be one of skills..
Old 2012-09-19, 18:13   Link #1490
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

I'm not an advocate of the KYH is Asuna and Kirito's child theory, to be honest. I just find the coincidences in their designs strange when both novels are illustrated by different people.

As for Cosmos, why can't they have 2 children? O.o And when you consider that Yui is only a computer programme, she doesn't age and the unfortunate theory might be that she simply became outdated over time with the advances in technology and nobody to update her. Or she could still be residing in a thumb drive or one of Kirito/Asuna's Neurolinkers.

But as it's been said before, much of this is currently just speculation based on what we have seen in the light novel and doesn't really hold much water unless we get a blatant hint shoved into our faces.
Old 2012-09-19, 18:22   Link #1491
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
I'm not an advocate of the KYH is Asuna and Kirito's child theory, to be honest. I just find the coincidences in their designs strange when both novels are illustrated by different people.
Eh, honestly, I don't see all that many similarities in their light novel designs, anime, sure, but light novels? Not really.

Quote:
As for Cosmos, why can't they have 2 children? O.o And when you consider that Yui is only a computer programme, she doesn't age and the unfortunate theory might be that she simply became outdated over time with the advances in technology and nobody to update her. Or she could still be residing in a thumb drive or one of Kirito/Asuna's Neurolinkers.
That's not the problem. The problem is that is Cosmos' nature. Haha. That's almost as bad as the "Kirito and Asuna died, so KYH became an orphan" theory. I guess now it's "They died, so that's why Cosmos is how she is".

Quote:
But as it's been said before, much of this is currently just speculation based on what we have seen in the light novel and doesn't really hold much water unless we get a blatant hint shoved into our faces.
Yea, that's fine. It gets very irritating when people begin insisting that the theories are true, especially so when all of them have flaws..
Old 2012-09-20, 05:27   Link #1492
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Well, both animes are done by different studios, so that point is still valid, I suppose.

And it's not like these theories are baseless.

As for how WC turned out like that, no parent is perfect. And I'm sure you've probably heard of or know of cases where the child doesn't exactly turn out as 'awesome' as their parents. It could be that WC is just a victim of that. Kirito and Asuna may be the 'perfect' couple, but that doesn't mean that they are the perfect parents, though many people seem to assume that.
Old 2012-09-20, 05:52   Link #1493
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Quote:
Well, both animes are done by different studios, so that point is still valid, I suppose.

And it's not like these theories are baseless.

As for how WC turned out like that, no parent is perfect. And I'm sure you've probably heard of or know of cases where the child doesn't exactly turn out as 'awesome' as their parents. It could be that WC is just a victim of that. Kirito and Asuna may be the 'perfect' couple, but that doesn't mean that they are the perfect parents, though many people seem to assume that.
Could be like what Orange Duke said, WC is a victim of favouritism or lack of attention maybe because Kirito is too busy working on Brain Burst and other projects with Asuna. So that's why she has the ability to be invisible since she feels like she doesn't exist *at all* in both Asuna and Kirito's eyes. Also, this could be a good hint to what is KYH's trauma,fears and weaknesses behind Black Lotus' creation.
Old 2012-09-20, 08:43   Link #1494
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
They're not baseless, no, but they still have too many holes.

But there's a difference between turning out "not as expected" or "not as awesome" and being fairly evil (exiling her sister from home, and constantly resurrecting Saffron Blossom).
Old 2012-09-20, 09:38   Link #1495
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Ah, I shouldn't have used 'not as'. Completely different is what I meant. There are trouble students with teachers for both parents and criminals with both parents in the police force, yea? It's their life experiences that mould them that way, and in some cases screw with their thinking.

From what I see, it seems like WC is merely like all the other members of the ARG. Anything is just a mean to an end. Resurrecting Saffron Blossom might have been to speed up the experiment since it takes an hour for her to respawn each time. Leaving her no reprive might have just been a side effect of it for her.

But we're really going by what-ifs here. We know too little about WC to really ascertain what she is thinking, not to mention what she went through to turn into such an individual. I think these theories just suffer from inadequate solid evidence rather than having loopholes. The possibility is there, just that there isn't sufficient evidence to prove or disapprove the theory, which is why it persists.
Old 2012-09-20, 09:44   Link #1496
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Quote:
Ah, I shouldn't have used 'not as'. Completely different is what I meant. There are trouble students with teachers for both parents and criminals with both parents in the police force, yea? It's their life experiences that mould them that way, and in some cases screw with their thinking.

From what I see, it seems like WC is merely like all the other members of the ARG. Anything is just a mean to an end. Resurrecting Saffron Blossom might have been to speed up the experiment since it takes an hour for her to respawn each time. Leaving her no reprive might have just been a side effect of it for her.

But we're really going by what-ifs here. We know too little about WC to really ascertain what she is thinking, not to mention what she went through to turn into such an individual. I think these theories just suffer from inadequate solid evidence rather than having loopholes. The possibility is there, just that there isn't sufficient evidence to prove or disapprove the theory, which is why it persists.
So far the only thing i know is that KYH has never been able to defeat "her older sister" in Brain Burst(referring when she tried to force her to cable and WC told her that she knows she will never be able to beat her) or could be to other "things" like academics or such. So i think WC is a talented individual, more talented than KYH but she is ignored by both her "parents" assuming that the parents are Kirito and Asuna, she feels neglected because of them ignoring her and both likes KYH more than her despite being a successful individual. --->This could be a theory for her ability to be Invisible.
Old 2012-09-20, 13:20   Link #1497
Ray
Garnet

Quote:

Well, in the end, I suppose it depends on how much faith one has in Asuna and Kirito as parents. It's just funny to see how the fans of this theory make it adapt to every complication that comes up.

Yes, a fairly evil experiment. Blossom had to keep getting melted by acid (I think that's what it was, anyway), and since the sense of pain is still present.. that must've been quite unpleasant. There's no way that such means justify the end. That was just evil.

I agree, but like I said, it's highly irritating when people use very meta reasoning/facts/evidence/whatever have you to back their beloved theories.
Old 2012-09-20, 21:50   Link #1498
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Yes, a fairly evil experiment. Blossom had to keep getting melted by acid (I think that's what it was, anyway), and since the sense of pain is still present.. that must've been quite unpleasant.
Not just acid, she was ripped pieces to pieces and eating by a giant worm monster(tentacles involve) and the sense of pain in AW is greater than real life.It was repeated for a long time(she was high level so her burst point). It's also not help that the people done that to help was the people she had help before(around 30 of them).
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 23:33   Link #1499
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Well, all good theories go through some form of adaptation as new evidence surfaces. There shouldn't be much of a problem as long as the links and inferences seem logical.

The hypothesis for the experiment had been that IS could also be activated by rage in addition to willpower. The nature of the experiment itself might be evil, but I don't think that actually reflects on WC herself as a person. If she had not use her Resurrection ability, it would have taken weeks, even months to complete the experiment. If it hadn't been necessary to resurrect Saffron Blossom then yea, WC is just evil but at the moment that is really up in the air. Heck, even the definition of whether someone is evil is up for debate, so it's not going to do us much good to harp on this subject.

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2012-09-21 at 03:41.
Old 2012-09-21, 02:08   Link #1500
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Is it confirmed that WC is the president of ARG or just someone helping the ARG succeed for something special?

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality