AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 21:10   Link #201
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
What expectation would that be?

I'm only asking, since I measure Mio on a different set of standards from 98.9% of the rest of the Mio fans in this thread...
i think Mio's major appeal is being a Tall, Dark, and Bishoujo, with various archetype-implied qualities being taken for granted: maturity, stability, and yuri.

but it's SUBVERTED TO HELL AND BACK by KyoAni. Mio is typical for a girl her age. Yeah, typical, she's a normal person....

Moe Mio, KyuN!

Spoiler for from past experiences:
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2009-05-10, 23:06   Link #202
Nappy Hared Azn
Check out my Rolek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
What the hell ever happened to just being "friends"?
Oh, we can still be friends, as long as I'm friends with all of them. With benefits.
Old 2009-05-11, 20:26   Link #203
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Holy... i think i'm falling in love with Mio more and more with every episode. Especially her singing voice. I do have tp say i still prefer the ED to the song in ep 6.
Old 2009-05-15, 13:00   Link #204
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

Thats all I have to say
Old 2009-05-16, 04:37   Link #205
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Holy... i think i'm falling in love with Mio more and more with every episode. Especially her singing voice. I do have tp say i still prefer the ED to the song in ep 6.
fanboy much ?

This happens when they make characters like Mio...
I fall too...
Old 2009-05-16, 11:39   Link #206
FireChick

Sorry if this is slightly off topic, but I hear that in episode 6 near the end, Mio trips and unintentionally shows her...well, "you know whats" to the audience. I was told that there wasn't any fan-service in this series (manga AND anime)!!
Old 2009-05-16, 11:41   Link #207
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

You were lied to.

The fanservice is blatant in the manga, but not so much in the anime.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Old 2009-05-16, 12:14   Link #208
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm starting to get really annoyed.

I mean, I know that in series like this, it's often the point that one of the characters would be scared/upset/obliged-to-wear-clothing/etc - like Mikuru in SHnY - but quite frankly, it's really starting to bother me.

I mean, in the most recent episode,

Spoiler for ep 7:

Things like that really bother me - and wish there was at least one character (be it one of the pre-existing ones, or someone new) who would step in and say that they've had enough of this, damnit.

Mio deserves better than that.

(And yeah, I know, I'm emphasizing with a fictional character - I tend to do that in series I like, but at least in some series there are those who will try and do something about this sort of thing, and not act as passive, or active, accomplices.)
Old 2009-05-16, 16:40   Link #209
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It seems that we have come far to Mio being willing to dress in that one piece santagirl and Kimono at the behest of others, are we getting close to her being mentally broken?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-16, 20:29   Link #210
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Resistance is futile, my girl!

To be serious though, I think Mio is loosening up within the band. Remember: she was unwilling to be in the band in the first place. While she is priceless in trying to organise training and other stuff for the band, I get the feel that deep down, she still wants out. And yes, she gets a little too uptight at times.

To me, being friends with someone is accepting them for who they are, quirks and all. Sawa-chan may be a cosplay freak, but she's a Bunny Ears Lawyer when it comes to playing. Yui can be very motivated, while Mugi is useful in money matters.
Old 2009-05-16, 23:13   Link #211
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Resistance is futile, my girl!

To be serious though, I think Mio is loosening up within the band. Remember: she was unwilling to be in the band in the first place. While she is priceless in trying to organise training and other stuff for the band, I get the feel that deep down, she still wants out. And yes, she gets a little too uptight at times.

To me, being friends with someone is accepting them for who they are, quirks and all. Sawa-chan may be a cosplay freak, but she's a Bunny Ears Lawyer when it comes to playing. Yui can be very motivated, while Mugi is useful in money matters.
Actually Mugi is the epitome of assets herself, being part of and owning physical and material assets (daughter of a rich man and Mio's companion).

Mio should be the spokesperson of the band. Let's see if we can get her in a bunny costume......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-05-17, 12:28   Link #212
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I'm starting to get really annoyed.

I mean, I know that in series like this, it's often the point that one of the characters would be scared/upset/obliged-to-wear-clothing/etc - like Mikuru in SHnY - but quite frankly, it's really starting to bother me.

I mean, in the most recent episode,

Spoiler for ep 7:

Things like that really bother me - and wish there was at least one character (be it one of the pre-existing ones, or someone new) who would step in and say that they've had enough of this, damnit.

Mio deserves better than that.

(And yeah, I know, I'm emphasizing with a fictional character - I tend to do that in series I like, but at least in some series there are those who will try and do something about this sort of thing, and not act as passive, or active, accomplices.)
Actually in that moment, the screen that was passing my mind is from the old Birdy The Mighty OVA when....
Spoiler for ...to be safe...:

I actually find that screen quite fun to watch. The girls probably would not step in unless Mio is in her breakpoint.......

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-05-18 at 09:15.
Old 2009-05-18, 01:23   Link #213
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

The close up shot of Mio making the realization and plea to Nodoka with the little squeak she makes, aside from being adorable in a moe-way, is a really nice piece of simple animation which gets exactly the right emotion across. A wonderful bit of drawing that... and mesmerizing when played over and over.

Sensei's evil look and giggle are equally well done and contrast nicely.

Nodoka's reaction to it all is spot on dumbfoundedness...

A really great couple of seconds of animation all around. Its these little moments of drawing really coming to life that make a series for me.
Old 2009-05-21, 21:12   Link #214
qqwert1153

On a side note, 3D Mio spotted on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iv5VgwgEKo

Moe~ Moe~…. HUH!?
Old 2009-05-22, 09:41   Link #215
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Proof(?) that Mio has pierced the heavens with her moe moe kyun: what did Mikuru sleep-talk while being awakened by Kyon?
Old 2009-05-25, 06:03   Link #216
FireChick

I just noticed something. When Mio sings, does anyone think she sounds a bit like Nana Mizuki? She does to me.
Old 2009-05-26, 23:41   Link #217
Wyxor

Sorry for noobie question but what is 'MOE MOE KYUN'?

Old 2009-05-26, 23:59   Link #218
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

watch episode 4
Old 2009-05-27, 00:08   Link #219
Kyourin
garbage collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyxor View Post
Sorry for noobie question but what is 'MOE MOE KYUN'?
mio's special ability when she transforms into a maid

it could take on a battalion of otakus with one single shot heheh
Old 2009-05-27, 00:08   Link #220
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
watch episode 4
For those not a noobie and actually have watched episode 4 over 4 weeks ago, what is "Moe Moe Kyun"?
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Closed Thread

Tags
characters