081 - 090: Great 66 20.43%
071 - 080: Very Good 46 14.24%
061 - 070: Good 50 15.48%
051 - 060: Average 24 7.43%
041 - 050: Below Average 17 5.26%
031 - 040: Bad 6 1.86%
021 - 030: Very Bad 4 1.24%
011 - 020: Awful 10 3.10%
001 - 010: You would rather watch Britney Spears exposing her crotch. *shudder* 22 6.81%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-03-11, 11:51   Link #1021
velocity7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
And if indeed the ELS did not understand the actual pain and death through non collective species when they got assimiliated before, they've learned it now after the Quantum System and they stopped not long after Setsuna used it, otherwise they're still free to do whatever they wish to the humans with not much resistance stopping them from doing so.
I am 99.9% certain they didn't understand pain and death due to their collective makeup up until Setsuna made contact with them. If they had, then they would have continued attacking humans anyway, knowing full well that assimilation would result in the death of humanity. At least, to a sentient species, anyway.
Old 2011-03-11, 11:52   Link #1022
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The details man... the details...
- Tak
It would be nice to know more about them, but one sourcebook that was released appears to talk about them a bit, not sure whether there's anything new though and if we're lucky maybe Final Mechanics will talk about them more. We English fans may get some of the sourcebook information late, if never at all unfortunately.
Old 2011-03-17, 04:55   Link #1023
arunavsharma
House MD

season 1 talked about stopping wars and humanity unifying..

Season 2 talked about maintainin that unified world together.

Movie talked about taking humanity as a united mass to outer space.

Aeolia was a great thinker and scientist. His ideas seem so revolutionary for his time.
Its like da vinci creating flying machines and tanks, somethin that came into existence after 300years of his death.

Aeolia bein an intellectual and smart person laid down his plan so that humanity starts acting as one..

Bcoz he knew if humanity ventures into space without being unified then its bound to be extinct.

So inorder to survive humanity must understand its own flaws and stuff. Only then can they understand other species.

This point is very very important bcoz if 2de humanity has 1st contact with aliens with higher tech then we will obviously mess things up and die.

And the relationship between setsuna and marina is so well shown in the movie. Finally we understand the meaning of UNDERSTANDING EACHOTHER. They had somethin as unique as love, they had an eternal bond of understandin eachother.

It was marina and lockon (1st one) who changed setsuna from bein a wreckless gundam maniac to a selfless messenger of peace.

If you aint asking questions... then you havnt understood.

YouTube's Best AMV Channel
arunavsharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 16:36   Link #1024
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunavsharma View Post
season 1 talked about stopping wars and humanity unifying..

Season 2 talked about maintainin that unified world together.

Movie talked about taking humanity as a united mass to outer space.

Aeolia was a great thinker and scientist. His ideas seem so revolutionary for his time.
Its like da vinci creating flying machines and tanks, somethin that came into existence after 300years of his death.

Aeolia bein an intellectual and smart person laid down his plan so that humanity starts acting as one..

Bcoz he knew if humanity ventures into space without being unified then its bound to be extinct.

So inorder to survive humanity must understand its own flaws and stuff. Only then can they understand other species.

This point is very very important bcoz if 2de humanity has 1st contact with aliens with higher tech then we will obviously mess things up and die.

And the relationship between setsuna and marina is so well shown in the movie. Finally we understand the meaning of UNDERSTANDING EACHOTHER. They had somethin as unique as love, they had an eternal bond of understandin eachother.

It was marina and lockon (1st one) who changed setsuna from bein a wreckless gundam maniac to a selfless messenger of peace.
Pretty much a nice sum up of the series' message. Although more precisely, Aeolia wasn't just worried about humanity going extinct when it ventured into space, he was worried that they would have created intergalactic conflict with other civilization (2nd Mechanics sourcebook), which likely would not be good for anybody alien or human. The quantum brainwave communication system is a way to help bridge the communication barriers between the civilizations as well as in between humanity itself. But yeah, your right on the mark there.
Old 2011-04-06, 03:48   Link #1025
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...8/Up471928.jpg

You know, looking at this map again, tne planets DO look pretty alligned or close (with some visual of orbits no less). Any chance thats why the travel times were so relatively short? I mean TA and all would help a lot due to the acceleration but a little bit of planet advantageous position would certain effect the journey time. Would also explain the short travel time to Jupiter as well.
Old 2011-04-06, 04:24   Link #1026
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I look at it as nothing more than a scaled down map to assist the reader.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:16   Link #1027
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, i'm watching a certain version of the sub that's hilarious. i don't really care what's going on, i'm just enjoying what's written on the screen far too much.. haha, and the first part was a movie. great parody...

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 15:32   Link #1028
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...8/Up471928.jpg

You know, looking at this map again, tne planets DO look pretty alligned or close (with some visual of orbits no less). Any chance thats why the travel times were so relatively short? I mean TA and all would help a lot due to the acceleration but a little bit of planet advantageous position would certain effect the journey time. Would also explain the short travel time to Jupiter as well.
That map is horribly un-scaled. even at their closest alignments to Earth the distances involved would be be... look, Mars is almost twice as far from the Sun as Earth at it's closest orbit, and Jupiter at its closest orbit to Earth is four times as far from the Sun as Mars.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:35   Link #1029
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That the map is unscaled doesn't necessarily detract from the point Sonic's trying to make.
Old 2011-04-06, 15:45   Link #1030
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That the map is unscaled doesn't necessarily detract from the point Sonic's trying to make.
I know. I'm just saying that the time frames for Jupiter don't add up like Sonic is asking if they might.
Old 2011-04-06, 20:52   Link #1031
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

like no shit, my reaction to the ending was, "what?"

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-06, 20:56   Link #1032
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
That map is horribly un-scaled. even at their closest alignments to Earth the distances involved would be be... look, Mars is almost twice as far from the Sun as Earth at it's closest orbit, and Jupiter at its closest orbit to Earth is four times as far from the Sun as Mars.
I know its not to scale and its still going to be far but it sure beats from them being on the other sides of the solar system which will make the travel even further. Something closer to a line allignment is better than triangulating between the three from different ends of the Solar System.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2011-04-06 at 22:27.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 19:31   Link #1033
DSlayerZX

Quote:
The flower thing makes sense to me as well and the symbolism has been there since the beginning and I was still able to make the connection immediately after I saw it.

I just did not like the whole randomness and suddenness of it's appearence, and the weird design did not help either so I still dislike it a lot even now.
also, it's probably not familiar to anyone outside Japan

but that specific flower has been the "Flower of Peace" in Japan ever since
WWII due to atomic bombing.

so it is fitting for the flower to show and take place in the finale.
DSlayerZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-16, 08:56   Link #1034
Tetsu Aero

I liked the movie, i found it's message very delightfull.
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 00:28   Link #1035
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Don't know if I should post it here or in the ELS-thread, but thought a little about those Innovater/ELS-hybrids like Setsuna and Amia. Both have silver skin and wonder why. Because the ELS seem perfectly able to reproduce normal-colored skin as seen in the Sky Eclypse-turned ELS. Also, when they turn into MS or trucks, they are colored normaly as well. To we have any information, why humans have to become metalized/silver, when they become hybrids?
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-19, 01:00   Link #1036
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Might just be as simple as they, the human and the ELS, chose to.
Old 2011-04-19, 01:13   Link #1037
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Quanta is the most advanced ms till date in the whole gundam universe
Old 2011-04-19, 01:38   Link #1038
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamAker View Post
Quanta is the most advanced ms till date in the whole gundam universe
... no, as far as technology goes, the Turn A still has it beat.
Old 2011-04-19, 01:58   Link #1039
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
... no, as far as technology goes, the Turn A still has it beat.
Don't forget the Turn X.
Old 2011-04-19, 02:15   Link #1040
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Good thing for the 00Q that it can essentially outrun the Moonlight Butterfly.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote