AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 26.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-02, 07:33   Link #21
Ypocaramel

Another parallel:
Spoiler for Mikono and Fudo:

Did never did realize ninshin gattai was "念真合體". I have to say though, some of the Fudo monologue would be ripe to speculation but I wouldn't feel confident relying upon it without being a profficient Japanese speaker, much less working from transaltion.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:24   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Man, that was a trippy episode, pretty heavy on that... Er... 'Deep' end? Psychedelic? Shaft-ness? This was the first time I've seen Zen push his students pretty hard, I guess in his own way he never want that which happened to Jin to happen to anyone of them.

I'm gonna need alot of time to arrange my thoughts, the episode would have ended fine without needing Kagura to pop out of the ground- Now is probably the only appropriate time I could say:

"KAGURA! CRAWL BACK TO WHATEVER HOLE YOU CAME OUT FROM !"

I swear, the guy's more persistent than a--

*cough*

Anyway, in the preview Donar mentioned something about the kids getting a power-up from their shounen-ish, near-deathish training, that should be a treat to watch. But I'm sick and tired of being on edge wondering if this is going to be the time Kagura succeeds, I'm starting to get ticked off.

P.S - btw guys, you really don't need spoiler tags for an episode even though it hasn't been subbed yet People coming into an episode thread should know what they're getting themselves into.
Old 2012-04-02, 08:56   Link #23
miketyson

kuromitsu: are you still getting that "happy ending" feeling? I know I'm not, anymore, as after this episode it's starting to feel we're headed for a bittersweet ending at best.

A question:
Spoiler for Mikono:
Old 2012-04-02, 09:04   Link #24
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: are you still getting that "happy ending" feeling? I know I'm not, anymore, as after this episode it's starting to feel we're headed for a bittersweet ending at best.

A question:
Spoiler for Mikono:
I've felt it since episode 1 so. >>

For me, she's amongst the characters who have the littlest chance to make it to the end alive. With all of those dark omens. Cayenne isn't worrying for nothing.

My deathflag list :

Kagura (Mykage's flower comment)
Mykono
Andy (the bro type awesome guy is often killed )
Shrade (though strangely I could see Kawamori trolling and having him outlive everyone.)
Mykage
Old 2012-04-02, 09:07   Link #25
kuromitsu

Yeah, I still have that feeling. Maybe I'll be proven wrong but so far a "happy end" is still very possible. (Then again, maybe I have a weird idea of what a happy ending is... for example the end of Genesis is generally regarded as bittersweet, but god, it made me laugh so much... ^^;; and it ended on a positive note. I seriously can't regard it as bittersweet. Not 100% happy maybe, but as far as I'm concerned it totally lacked the "bitter" part.)

Re: Mikono, she's been getting bad-event flags since episode one ^^;; what with Cayenne's visions of the black wedding and Aquarion taking Mikono away or something like that. Considering the circumstances (ie. she's wearing her mourning clothes, everything else you said, plus Amata's behavior in the preview) the black wedding may happen very soon.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:13   Link #26
miketyson

kuromitsu: or that *was* the wedding, perhaps, and the abduction arc is the honeymoon ()? The earlier flags (e.g.: Cayenne's visions) I've been taking as fake-outs, but the more recent flags seem more "honest".
Old 2012-04-02, 09:23   Link #27
Vena
Carpe Diem

I'm honestly just getting completely lost when trying to think about this reincarnation nonsense. On the one hand this episode really smacks of Sylvie with the dialogue between Fudo and Mikono, and the whole powers connecting everyone thing. On the other, I'm reserved to think its to obvious but then I get confused with the rest of the cast. (Fudo continues to confuse me more than anyone else. Imagery seems to indicate Kagura is some corrupted revision of Apollo, Mikono seems to be Sylvia, but why would Fudo (assuming he is Gen) be so adamant about keeping them apart? Something fishy is going on here.)

That said, I have to sort of feel bad for Kagura. He nearly dies only to be *chained* up again, covered in feathers, and then *reborn* in enemy territory. No wonder he has no people skills.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:24   Link #28
kuromitsu

My understanding is that the "wedding" part is her being taken away - that's how Kagura is involved in the whole thing (and he wasn't around in the cemetery events). Cayenne's visions have so far proven to be right, well, the one about Jin and Yunoha that we've seen... but I think we can safely assume that his visions do become true, otherwise it would be a pretty shoddy power. ^^;; Apparently he sees one tragic moment but not the circumstances or the consequences, which is why he couldn't predict that Jin would defect, and why he can't see what's going to happen after the wedding or after Mikono disappears with? into? Aquarion.

Vena: also note what Mykage said in this ep about the reincarnation of the Wings of the Sun. :3 and also the fact that apparently Mykage and Fudou were lovers way back then (??? it may be my wishful thinking, but I seriously can't interpret that line any other way).

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-04-02 at 09:37.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:54   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

That said, I have to sort of feel bad for Kagura. He nearly dies only to be *chained* up again, covered in feathers, and then *reborn* in enemy territory. No wonder he has no people skills.
Sigh, I don't care anymore- Kagura's entire existence is to ruin good moods =_=

That's right I said it.

This goes beyond just Amata and Mikono already. Anytime the students of Neo-Deva is having a good time, or a general feel good moment, or when a long awaited song is finally played as an emotionally touching insert music to the last wishes of a well-loved character's inspirational monologue- BAM! Kagura comes out of a hole.
Old 2012-04-02, 09:54   Link #30
miketyson

kuromitsu: see, I'm not convinced that the wedding is the getting taken away. If you think back, I think Cayenne even called it the 絶望的な最悪の合体...(which I remember because of the 合体...he does describe it as a "wedding" too, but calling it a 合体 really made it stand out, )...and that's, fairly literally, what we just saw. So there's a nontrivial possibility that Mikono's ability might've just tied her to Kagura (which is why I found it so suspicious that there was no time for anyone to talk about their experiences right at the end...she might've been crying tears of happiness because everyone came back and she felt connected to someone, and then, dun-dun-dun, here comes the groom, all dressed in gloom...).

And about that other line, I think you can interpret it in a way that fits with the "Zen is Touma in disguise" theory...essentially Mykage trying to get a rise out of Touma. I might've misheard it or misinterpreted it but fwiw I will say your possibility didn't cross my mind until after you brought it up.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-02 at 10:04.
Old 2012-04-02, 10:20   Link #31
pingva

This episode was half boring - half good.
Interesting parts:
  • Mikono saying that she doesn't like Zen at all.
  • Zen saying that Mikono hasn't changed.
  • Sun of the Wings this time is reborn as a human.

I see that Cayenne's vision about wedding is happening now. Since it's happening now, it means that Kagura and Mikono are going to live and I don't see her being taken to Altair at this moment, in the end of series she might go there, but not now. So far Cayenne's visions seems are related to someone dieing, if so then the only one who is in this danger at the moment is the one who sees this vision.

Mikono's power now even let's connect alive people to the dead ones. Who wants to talk to Alicia?
Old 2012-04-02, 11:20   Link #32
Ypocaramel

Quote:
If you think back, I think Cayenne even called it the 絶望的な最悪の合体...(which I remember because of the 合体...he does describe it as a "wedding" too, but calling it a 合体 really made it stand out
People talk about that a lot but I've never seen that physically happening at any wedding I've been to

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-04-02 at 11:42.
Old 2012-04-02, 11:57   Link #33
Jarppa

Best anime song ever made comeback and ending was kinda meh.

Its gonna be hard to wait next ep once again.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:09   Link #34
Dahak86
Classics never age

For a moment there I thought I read "The breasts of Love" as the next ep's title... Now that would be something interesting.
Old 2012-04-02, 12:55   Link #35
satomianzaki

wow!!! i really enjoyed watching this episode...i gave it a 10 because of super kawaii mikono...

seriously though, this episode turned from despair to having hope, only to be ruined by the ultimate beast warrior kagura...again...

and poor amata, having fears of abandonment...though zessica is nice, i still think amata and mikono already has somewhat deep connection to each other...it'll be so sad if she'll leave him and choose kagura instead...i hope they'll be together till the end...

even if it turns out that mikono is sylvie and kagura is apollo...

i believe that what's more important is the present and let's just leave all the past behind and just learn from it...even if its from 12,000 years or more so...
hehe, just joking...
Old 2012-04-02, 13:10   Link #36
ookamigirl

Yunoha was totally bummed out by Jin's death.
It was kinda sad he died, since he had the possibility of becoming a good guy.
Guess the number of casualties keeps piling up.
So the true intentions of Altair are revealed, but burying all the elements is kinda overdoing it.
This time seems like the emphasis was on loss, death and fragility of life.
Kinda dark episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-02, 13:17   Link #37
atlans89
Heretic Inquisitor

Send a message via Yahoo to atlans89
the appearance of Kagura at the end bugs me, another week to wait....

btw the scene of Solar Aquarion somehow made me think that someone get connected to it through Mikono's power?
Old 2012-04-02, 14:16   Link #38
kuromitsu

Quote:
kuromitsu: see, I'm not convinced that the wedding is the getting taken away. If you think back, I think Cayenne even called it the 絶望的な最悪の合体...(which I remember because of the 合体...he does describe it as a "wedding" too, but calling it a 合体 really made it stand out, )...and that's, fairly literally, what we just saw.
Is it? I didn't think it was particularly zetsubouteki, and definitely not saiaku, since they may have gone into it depressed and all, but came out of it happy and full of positive thoughts. Kagura wasn't even part of the whole thing - if he was the others would've noticed him, Fudou and/or Mikono at the very least.

...and frankly, it just wasn't dramatic enough. So no, I think we're yet to see the black wedding.
Old 2012-04-02, 14:51   Link #39
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler:
Twelve thousand years is a long time, enough to rewrite any true account of the first series a few thousand times.

Also: lol @ that cliffhanger. They just couldn't help themselves could they.
Old 2012-04-02, 15:07   Link #40
miketyson

kuromitsu: oh the joys of civil, polite, and concise disagreement, . I'd say Mikono was adequately zetsubou by the end (clawing at the earth enough to get her hands to bleed...or something)...but we'll find out eventually. In any case, at least it was clearly a gattai.
Closed Thread