Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 20:10   Link #841
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba View Post
Also, it sucks for Roia because she has unrequited love. Zed loves her, but more like a sister.
You can't blame him. Roia's horns would be really cute on her head, but on her shoulders, they're just strange
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 22:28   Link #842
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Also, it sucks for Roia because she has unrequited love. Zed loves her, but more like a sister.
It's actually a little hard to gauge his actual feelings for her because he's so cryptic and brooding at times. I think he did have feelings for her but never realized it being the clueless one of the series. Zed's a good guy overall but he always seemed to react so strongly to something happening to Roia. The only time I recall him reacting so strongly was to his mother. Granted, I'm recalling things and it's been awhile since I've seen the early part of the series so my mind may be playing tricks on me.

Quote:
IT was kind of sad to see after he had been searching for power and trying to be equal if not surpass Zed to see him back where he started was a little sad.
Actually, I think Noa did surpass Zed in a way. However, it was in the wrong way and in the end Zed was the victor.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:14   Link #843
Paiser

err big question... 51 episode done... got that
are they planning on any ova? movie? anything?
another one... did anything happened to zed and roia?(kiss? i know they hugged)

er... and reading from other people replies...
here are the reasons why kiba should have a ova
Zed and Roya....
Noa? HE THREW A PAPER AIRPLANE<- if he's on a wheel chair for christ!!!!
Noa disability should be answered...
the little thing thats already summed up to... -> this is what really happened! MUAHAHAHA
bakery boy and maid broke up! RAWR jk jk jk just playing....
and Diana? WTF where did she go? HMMM? I mean Noa did carried her at the end, but he ended up in the wheel chair some how...
How odd is that any ways they should answer that...

Last edited by Paiser; 2007-03-29 at 06:25.
Paiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 10:10   Link #844
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i think so many questions after saw the last episode

but i hope there is had a OVA or season 2

i wanna see zed back to tempura and he will reunioun with noa;roia;mikki and robes
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 17:03   Link #845
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser View Post
err big question... 51 episode done... got that
are they planning on any ova? movie? anything?
another one... did anything happened to zed and roia?(kiss? i know they hugged)

er... and reading from other people replies...
here are the reasons why kiba should have a ova
Zed and Roya....
Noa? HE THREW A PAPER AIRPLANE<- if he's on a wheel chair for christ!!!!
Noa disability should be answered...
the little thing thats already summed up to... -> this is what really happened! MUAHAHAHA
bakery boy and maid broke up! RAWR jk jk jk just playing....
and Diana? WTF where did she go? HMMM? I mean Noa did carried her at the end, but he ended up in the wheel chair some how...
How odd is that any ways they should answer that...
IMO i dont think we cant count on seeing an OVA and if we do i wouldnt expect it anytime soon. The series ended with all major points being closed and any plot holes being filled. Things like Zeds feelings for Roia were not really where the series was taking us it was by product. Also from Roia said at the end and what the paper airplane meant was yes they will see Zed again. To me the airplane was a symbol for all of them being connected no matter where they may be.
Old 2007-03-30, 01:39   Link #846
Samurai Edge
Swords and Sabres

I kind of like this anime from the start until the last ep.
That country Noa was fighting for (I can't remember the name) appearing in the anime. It shows that laws and rules are not always right. Following rules doesn't mean it's right. Kind of a good moral if used in real life. Killing your father just because you are a soldier and he broke rules is kind of stupid IMO.

And I'm still not very clear about the ending. Just like some people guessed that Zedd and Amil fused, that's something I never thought of.
Samurai Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 07:00   Link #847
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I think that it was cool of Zed to go back to his old city, Calm, and bring the wind with him. Should he had just left Noa and Royia behind like that - well by now, everyone and their mother knows that he does stuff like that so...

Here's a lil future prediction - Royia becomes a famous nurse/healer ; Noa becomes a Sage of Tempura.
Tempest35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-30, 23:24   Link #848
Shaolyn

I agree, there should be an ova, or at least im hoping it. but what i didnt get is what zed was looking for, and why he went back to the city..
in ep 51 he said he finally undersatnds the qusestion he asked at the beginning of the anime: what kind of strength hes looking for and what kind of life he was destined to live.. if he figured it out why did he go back to the city? and to ditch noa lol.. he should at least be able to bring noa back to the city as well.. it didnt seem like zedd knew what he wanted to do cuz he was just sitting on top of the building contemplating.

i just dont know what he found in himself at the very end.
Shaolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 03:56   Link #849
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
yeah the ending so dissapointed me
i'm not satisfied with it
i'm agree with you shaolyn at least zed bring noa back to the city as well
btw the city wasn't calm right???
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 13:22   Link #850
kvi

Episode 51

Spoiler:
kvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 15:39   Link #851
Tiberium Wolf

Man... we should make a picture collection of zed mom's faces in the latest eps. Such wicked faces she had.

About more Kiba. I don't think it will have anything more interesting. For me the series was just average but watchable till the end.
Old 2007-03-31, 16:38   Link #852
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
the series was decent... nice animation, ok story, ending wraped things up nicely IMO...

wasn't an awesome anime, but glad i watched it..

however, I LOVED the music...

i even have the Zed-Regret song as a ringtone... lol... u know, one of the ones with the trumpet.... mmmm
darkjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 18:32   Link #853
Fear-less+heart

That kills me. Every single time a good series endings do not meet people expections, they are always ways ready to put the series down. Kiba was a good and entertaining series. Plain ans simple, yeah the ending was open, but who cares. It was good, bittersweet, but you can not have things your way all the time.
Fear-less+heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 03:44   Link #854
ccardoso
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear-less+heart View Post
That kills me. Every single time a good series endings do not meet people expections, they are always ways ready to put the series down. Kiba was a good and entertaining series. Plain ans simple, yeah the ending was open, but who cares. It was good, bittersweet, but you can not have things your way all the time.
The problem is that a single final episode can ruin an entire series of tens of episodes so the problem is wasting your time only to end dissatified. At this point shorter series are better than longer ones: I loved Soukou no Strain's ending, but it's a rare thing, I'm usually totally disappointed and dissatified with the endings.
ccardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 04:18   Link #855
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear-less+heart View Post
Nah, be serious. Kiba jumped the shark looong ago. some people just wanted to see the ending, maybe hoping the producers didnt just make of stuff as they went.

Thus, a single bad episode can underline the suckiness of the whole.
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 09:51   Link #856
Spirit Chicken!

Send a message via AIM to Spirit Chicken!
We all know the series started off with potential...great music coupled with rapid twists. Then...the music kept going but everything else just kinda lost the "edge" it had early on.

All that with a very lackluster ending,(who is the pointless guy that is the head of the beastmen...who were also supposed to be wiping themselves out?)...just cripples the show. What good it had in the first half is pretty much rendered moot once the second half has ran the course. We'll always have the soundtrack though....just like Avenger.
Spirit Chicken! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 16:09   Link #857
Sassarai
Army of One

I don't know why so many people like this anime I think it totally suxs.

1) Slow pacing
2) lame fight scenes (Feels pokemonish)
3)Bad character design Amil goul looks like the jolly green giant with freckles.
4) The whole Zed vs Noa (friend vs friend) was pretty weak compared to other anime.
5) lame romance.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 16:24   Link #858
Honey_and_Cleaver

Gitra and that girl. That love story is enough. I dont like long draggy love stories. Not for this anime. Zed, hes a kick ass shounen.

Its the best Raving anime ive seen. Lots and lots of screams,roars and shouts. Zeds,Deucem and Hugh put up great fights and best shouts. Its been a while since i heard a good rave, hearing voices like Shin Asuka's scream made me deaf and irritated.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 16:27   Link #859
Taylor--
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I don't know why so many people like this anime I think it totally suxs.

1) Slow pacing
2) lame fight scenes (Feels pokemonish)
3)Bad character design Amil goul looks like the jolly green giant with freckles.
4) The whole Zed vs Noa (friend vs friend) was pretty weak compared to other anime.
5) lame romance.
If it "totally suxs" then why would you bother watching it (presumably to the end?)?
The amount of whining on this ending is unreal... seriously no one forced you to "waste" your time watching this anime, you could have stoped at any time and went and watched a different series.

Anyways I enjoyed the ending for the anime for the sole fact that they actually filled plot holes while at the same time leaving the ending open for you to generate your own opinion of what happened in the very end. While I'm not a big fan of the "open ending" , I'm still ok with it. (at least it actually ended.. unlike some anime)
Taylor-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 16:42   Link #860
Sassarai
Army of One

If it "totally suxs" then why would you bother watching it (presumably to the end?)?

lol thats what I say to ppl that whine about bad fansubs.

Well it kept dragging on and I kept thinking that it might get better. By the time I realize it Ive already watched a lot of it already so I might as well finish the series.

You ever watched scryed? For some reason this anime feels like a bad version of that.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote