AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 18:21   Link #1081
Bamse

any chance this kanon will have a diffrent ending ?

didnt really like the ending of the other kanon. but it was not a bad ending
Bamse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 18:38   Link #1082
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Spoiler for ending:

Edit: Note taken, just to be on the safe side, although I don't think it's spoilerish enough, personally, I hope for a different ending And hopefully with a different girl, too

Last edited by npal; 2006-10-07 at 15:18.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 19:52   Link #1083
ordnance11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage
Oh heck yeah. It's like Kyon left Haruhi, moved to the Kanon universe and changed his name to Yuuichi.

What can we talk about without spoiler tags? I'm particularly interested in a discussion about that fox . . .

You know, I"m just thinking about that. Someone will have to do a fanfiction where Kyon gets blasted out of the Haruhi Universe and starts dimension hopping to series where his VA has voiced.

Let's see: Shuffle! (Really! Really! if it comes out), Kanon, Honey and Clover, Mahou Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS and of course the Haruhi universe.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 23:11   Link #1084
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

That we can title: Kyon in wonderland.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 23:30   Link #1085
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamse View Post
any chance this kanon will have a diffrent ending ?

didnt really like the ending of the other kanon. but it was not a bad ending
Also just my speculation:
I have a feeling they'd be trampled by a herd of sacred cows if they changed the ending as in which girl he ends up with ... but I really *could* see them tweaking it so that it *looks* like he's heading in a different direction. That is kind of how the first series played out but they could mess with a lot of otaku minds by shifting the emphasis or the implications on their way to the endgame.
Old 2006-10-07, 00:33   Link #1086
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Since I was spoiled on the original anime, I will only be satisfied with that girl's ending again(however I'm okay with Vexx's idea of screwing with some fans' minds and making us think we're going in another direction. )
Old 2006-10-07, 01:49   Link #1087
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

You can only mess with this title so much before those rabid fans of the first ending get violent. Besides Visual Art's/Key would probably get violent too if they mess to much with their golden goose imo.
Old 2006-10-07, 01:59   Link #1088
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
Another thing that Kyoani has done well is the feeling of "winter", Yuuchi's morning really showed that off well. I really felt cold just watching him walk outside in pyjamas.
Yeah that was definately amazing. I live in texas where the weather is still in the 90s, and even I felt the weather in Kanon! (I haven't even seen or felt snow in like 4 years).

I really want to recommend this show to my non-bishoujo game-loving friends. If anything the animation should suck them in even if they can't stand cute dumb girls.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 04:13   Link #1089
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Mmm nostalgia...

I can't remember when I first saw the old Kanon, but I really enjoyed that anime a lot and that was the anime that got me hooked on Key/Visual Art's work.

Well, I just finished watching the first episode for the 2006 version and it was a trip down memory lane. Got to see Ayu again in her bandit get away scene so I'm happy. OMGawds, Tomokazu SUGITA is voicing for Yuuichi now?! That's just awsome, I liked the work he's done in the past for other animes and I think he does a better job than the original seiyu. It's too bad Horie Yui doesn't sound the same like the first time she voiced for Ayu. She did a better job when she voiced for Ayu in the old Kanon. The graphics overhaul reflects Key/Visual Art's artwork and that's how it should be! Yay! I'm going to stick around watch how this new Kanon works out.
Old 2006-10-07, 08:00   Link #1090
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Yeah that was definately amazing. I live in texas where the weather is still in the 90s, and even I felt the weather in Kanon! (I haven't even seen or felt snow in like 4 years).

I really want to recommend this show to my non-bishoujo game-loving friends. If anything the animation should suck them in even if they can't stand cute dumb girls.

One of the reason I was ga-ga for this version was the snow. The snow looked great and the snow sound effects were dead on. Winter effects such as seeing your breath in cold areas was also a nice touch imo.

Good luck in showing this. I did exactly that yesterday and this is what happened to me. One person kept watching it off and on. One person there saw the old version and was convinced to try the new version. One person was scarred by his Rumbling Hearts experience and was hesistant to go near this title but he kept peeking at it. (It was too depressing when he saw RH elsewhere. I kept trying to tell him that this really isn't that depressing. He described watching Rumbling Hearts as constantly wanting to cut your wrists during the episodes and then being shown chibi stuff at the end to bring you back to normal. ) One person said that he didn't like it but kept peeking at it. One person never heard of Kanon and was asking questions about it. The rest avoided it (2 people).
Old 2006-10-07, 11:37   Link #1091
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
One of the reason I was ga-ga for this version was the snow. The snow looked great and the snow sound effects were dead on. Winter effects such as seeing your breath in cold areas was also a nice touch imo.

Good luck in showing this. I did exactly that yesterday and this is what happened to me. One person kept watching it off and on. One person there saw the old version and was convinced to try the new version. One person was scarred by his Rumbling Hearts experience and was hesistant to go near this title but he kept peeking at it. (It was too depressing when he saw RH elsewhere. I kept trying to tell him that this really isn't that depressing. He described watching Rumbling Hearts as constantly wanting to cut your wrists during the episodes and then being shown chibi stuff at the end to bring you back to normal. ) One person said that he didn't like it but kept peeking at it. One person never heard of Kanon and was asking questions about it. The rest avoided it (2 people).
Yeah it will be much harder for me because my aforementioned friends are girls. :P
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 11:47   Link #1092
Minoto

Quote:
But Yuuichi is a softie at heart and not that sarcastic like Kyon was imo.
I think Yuuichi was actually more sarcastic, and outright rude at times...in the original Kanon, remember his crack about "the other team members are all snails and turtles" after Nayuki told him she was captain of the track team, and how he laughed right in her face after she tried to carry his bag but found it was too heavy. My biggest complaint with Sugita's voicing of him is that he's missing that bratty, sarcastic quality...he sounds too smooth now, to me.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 12:33   Link #1093
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

The smoother brand of sarcasm to me is more potent. Yuiichi supposively is more brash than the urbane Kyon, but hey, it's been 7 years... it's time for Yuiichi to realize that venom must be used without having people develop immunity for it.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 15:14   Link #1094
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
Well, seeing as there's lots of Ayu in both OP and ED, I think the chances are slim unfortunately. Although it's KyoAni, the ending of AIR was very good, so I hope they don't keep the first Kanon ending per se, or hopefully change it altogether, but that's just me wishing
Dude shouldn't this be in spoiler tags?
The Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 17:37   Link #1095
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Yeah it will be much harder for me because my aforementioned friends are girls. :P
Don't despair. The most receptive ones were the 2 females that saw it. Females like romantic fantasies too.

But npal, that was Air's true ending. The movie had a version of Air's alternate ending for Misuzu IIRC.
Spoiler:

And Minato, this version of Yuuichi is a softie at heart. I like this one better. He appeals to the female audience and also to the male audience. It also makes him more believable with regards to Nayuki's and Ayu's situations.
Old 2006-10-07, 18:56   Link #1096
Minoto

Quote:
And Minato, this version of Yuuichi is a softie at heart. I like this one better. He appeals to the female audience and also to the male audience. It also makes him more believable with regards to Nayuki's and Ayu's situations.
I firmly believe that the original Yuuichi was a truly kind, warm-hearted guy underneath his sarcastic exterior.
Spoiler for examples from later episodes:
Softening his sarcasm takes away from that -- before, he was a more interesting character, a good-hearted guy who was a little insecure about that and covered up for it with with quick, sarcastic wit. In other words, a very believable teenage male. Now, he's coming off as more of a one-dimensional, generic nice-guy character who's less involving and less interesting, at least to me.

I'm also not sure that the newer, softer Yuuichi is really any more believable with regards to Nayuki or Ayu...the same kindness was there before; it was just a little deeper below the surface.
Spoiler for Nayuki and Ayu:
Old 2006-10-07, 19:21   Link #1097
radister
Back and Alive! i think!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
I firmly believe that the original Yuuichi was a truly kind, warm-hearted guy underneath his sarcastic exterior.
why i admit the new guy Yuuichi diffrent from the orignal Yuuichi.
i'm not to sure about some of what you said

Quote:
Spoiler for Nayuki and Ayu:
Spoiler for Reply to Spoiler:

i belive that maybe we should give him a chance. before we start ripping him apart as well.
radister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 19:36   Link #1098
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by radister View Post
Spoiler for Reply to Spoiler:

i belive that maybe we should give him a chance. before we start ripping him apart as well.
That's an interesting theory, and does seem entirely possible. And I don't mean to rip him apart -- I'm not thrilled by the change so far, but it's much too early to know for sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. It's just fun to analyze and debate while we wait for the next episode...
Old 2006-10-07, 19:50   Link #1099
radister
Back and Alive! i think!?

Quote:
That's an interesting theory, and does seem entirely possible. And I don't mean to rip him apart -- I'm not thrilled by the change so far, but it's much too early to know for sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. It's just fun to analyze and debate while we wait for the next episode...
agreed, analyze is fun
and we get 24ep this time so we got alot of left ahead of us
radister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 20:20   Link #1100
orion

I agree too. Analyzing is fun.
Spoiler:

Oops, sorry for misspelling your name Minoto.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen