AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-12-04, 07:08   Link #9081
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheno13 View Post
Dsos if I remember correctly was platinum in color.
It was also said to be white multiple times. That's not really contradictory because platinum is a white-ish metal.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 07:46   Link #9082
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Too lazy to check but IIRC it was white.
Feng Lengshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 14:29   Link #9083
bludvein

Anyway, any bets on what new power-ups Godou will gain from the Wind God and Athena arc? I don't mean like a new authority, more like new uses for his incarnations and ama no murakumo.

I've got a feeling the [Youth] is going to come back into play for some reason. It's been a while.
Old 2013-12-04, 15:21   Link #9084
teejmo

Gale/Wind and Goat also haven't been used in awhile. Perhaps he'll combine both to make a full-fledged storm. Fight the wind god with wind - kinda cliche, but I wouldn't be surprised.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 16:27   Link #9085
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Gale/Wind and Goat also haven't been used in awhile. Perhaps he'll combine both to make a full-fledged storm. Fight the wind god with wind - kinda cliche, but I wouldn't be surprised.
He used both in vol 14 though. Not to say it won't happen, but it hasn't been that long.

There's not a whole lot more he can do with the Gale unless he somehow learns to make an avatar for it though, which admittedly would be pretty cool. That would probably give him some minor wind powers and intangibility in addition to a possibly unlimited teleportation. We already know from Alec that the form is vulnerable to counters though, and that whatever damage he can deal with it doesn't compare to an authority.

Only problem is, Godou has never won by playing to an opponent's strong points. Challenging a wind god that way would be kinda sketchy.
Old 2013-12-04, 17:49   Link #9086
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

I want to see some improvement on the Bull. Until now it's just 'super strength' which is so basic. I have no idea how he'll improve this though.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 17:54   Link #9087
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

...how do you improve 'Super Strength' ? It's like asking for a better hammer, like it or not, it'll only be better at striking things. And that basic ability had been one of the most reliable and trustable ability Godou had, it didn't need any upgrade.
Old 2013-12-04, 19:32   Link #9088
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

it actually had one .. its on vol 6 when godou discover that he could absorb part of the eart power into it
he was fighting luo hao
Old 2013-12-04, 20:04   Link #9089
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feng Lengshun View Post
...how do you improve 'Super Strength' ? It's like asking for a better hammer, like it or not, it'll only be better at striking things. And that basic ability had been one of the most reliable and trustable ability Godou had, it didn't need any upgrade.
He might be able to spike the strength output by pouring magical power into the limb like he did with the camel.

Plus, what if he aims at the earth itself with the bull active? Since the output rises depending on the weight of the target the result would probably be pretty extreme. Useful for destroying footing, though it might be sort of a self-detonation tactic depending on how its used.
Old 2013-12-04, 21:12   Link #9090
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

I still remember that it was said that absorbing essence from the earth had been the very mechanics of how it enhanced Godou's strength. I think it was from V4. Bull had been a symbol of the Earth after all. Plus, V-tan was a Steel and they gain strength from earth's essence so it made sense.

So, how about a Dreadnought-like ability? You know, Dante's ultimate Royal Guard skill in DMC4?
Old 2013-12-04, 22:18   Link #9091
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He used both in vol 14 though. Not to say it won't happen, but it hasn't been that long.

There's not a whole lot more he can do with the Gale unless he somehow learns to make an avatar for it though, which admittedly would be pretty cool. That would probably give him some minor wind powers and intangibility in addition to a possibly unlimited teleportation. We already know from Alec that the form is vulnerable to counters though, and that whatever damage he can deal with it doesn't compare to an authority.

Only problem is, Godou has never won by playing to an opponent's strong points. Challenging a wind god that way would be kinda sketchy.
Dang, I completely forgot about that. Perhaps because neither were that instrumental in taking out Uldin. Plus, Goat is much more useful when the populace see him as a king rather than the enemy of their enemy.
And it would be nice to see Wind as something more than a means of transport. I mean, Verethragna could use it to actually protect his believers, right?

As to his opponents' strong points, didn't he take on both Doni and KotE using Ama no Murakumo no Tsuragi? Granted, he enhanced the sword with both the gravitation ability and the Horse, but he used the sword as a sword (or a bat, but still) and won. Same thing with Luo Hao (hand to hand combat). I mean, he may not have the same skills as them, but his ability to analyze the situation is truly astounding.

Last edited by teejmo; 2013-12-04 at 22:34.
Old 2013-12-04, 22:25   Link #9092
Kadi
知識の探求者

Verethragna used the Wind to turn into a tornado, lift up his enemies, maybe pummel them and he materialized the Golden Sword at the same time, slashing away... or did he use the Sword afterwards? ... w/e.

And you seem to forget Godou already has an awesome way to use the wind: Ena's Wind Sword cheat.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 23:36   Link #9093
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

what i remember is that veretraghna was able to dual wield the sword ( it took its tool yes but dual wielding ) he used it against prometeus and melqart will godou be able to achieve something like that at some point ?

just to clarify .. not like he has done that he was able to slice 2 gods ( kinda ) divinity but to have 2 swords for 2 different gods like veretragna
Old 2013-12-05, 01:17   Link #9094
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

No, he used it on Melqart twice. That's what scary about it, he can do what Godou did on V2 with it only somewhat weakening him a bit.
Old 2013-12-05, 01:38   Link #9095
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

no you should go and check it actually is melqart that talks about it let me go find it

found it here it is
Spoiler for here:

what i see is that the way veretragna uses the sword is really completely different from how godou uses it =/
Old 2013-12-05, 02:07   Link #9096
Feng Lengshun
Old Wine

Well, he's a god who owned it originally. Though he can't use more than one incarnation at the same time, he mastered all of them regardless. Though, wait, shouldn't he be able to separate them somehow? I mean, he did became separated just a few moments before and he should also be able to do it and assign some of them against one enemy while he took care of the other, similar to what Athena did. Is it a PIS or something?
Old 2013-12-05, 02:10   Link #9097
kazzuya13

Quote:
Dang, I completely forgot about that. Perhaps because neither were that instrumental in taking out Uldin. Plus, Goat is much more useful when the populace see him as a king rather than the enemy of their enemy.
And it would be nice to see Wind as something more than a means of transport. I mean, Verethragna could use it to actually protect his believers, right?

As to his opponents' strong points, didn't he take on both Doni and KotE using Ama no Murakumo no Tsuragi? Granted, he enhanced the sword with both the gravitation ability and the Horse, but he used the sword as a sword (or a bat, but still) and won. Same thing with Luo Hao (hand to hand combat). I mean, he may not have the same skills as them, but his ability to analyze the situation is truly astounding.
They don't really need to see godou as a king in order for them to give the Goat a boost. Just for example in volume 2 and volume 6 where he just contact the vicinity throught psychic sensing and order them to give him support or else.
Old 2013-12-05, 04:09   Link #9098
teejmo

In his fight again Sun Wukong, the people still saw him as a king - just a devil king who would curse them into being monkeys. In other words, Godou was simply being his true self.
Old 2013-12-05, 06:21   Link #9099
kazzuya13

Quote:
In his fight again Sun Wukong, the people still saw him as a king - just a devil king who would curse them into being monkeys. In other words, Godou was simply being his true self.
He saw him as a "Tyrant" than a king cause he was threatening them to support him or else they will have to revert back into being a monkey. Cause the curse to turn them into a monkey was from Sun Wukung's authority and not by Godou.
Old 2013-12-07, 10:12   Link #9100
Awrya
U mad?

After rereading Godou's Duel with Doni, I have been wondering whether the tip of Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi that Doni sliced off will grow back. It is a sword of divine origin after all and if Godou keeps damaging it in future battle, it may become unusable if it's too damaged.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem