AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-26, 14:24   Link #81
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Spoiler for Thought 2::
How are the Numbers and himself supposed to be affected by AMF? They're not using magic after all, just magic-like effects. At the very least, those strings he's using has an IS circle.

Quote:
Spoiler for Thought 4::
From what Quattro said, Deici, Sein and Cinque are the same ~not fun~ types, according to her. Heck, Deici didn't even know of the Doctor's true motive until Quattro told her on the spot that the vengeance for the oppressed scientist bull he spouted was a bunch of lies. So, most likely only the top Numbers of I to IV, maybe V are really aware of everything. I doubt the younger ones are aware of things like Unlimited Desire and whatnot.

Quote:
Something puzzles me. Subaru used the Relic Circle when she went berserk and STKJ-ized. Gin-nee, however, still used the Shooting Arts with her old Belkan Triangle. That should mean that the Shooting Arts is only compatitable with the Belkan system, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
シューティングアーツ - Shooting Arts
Melee combat techniques focused on using magic-powered rollers. Used by Subaru.
The main feature of Shooting Arts is that the user can maintain their balance freely while on rollers, by controlling the advance, acceleration, and braking of the rollers. Therefore, this allows the entire body's force to be used in assaulting or offensive maneuvers.
The basics of Shooting Arts includes a combination with the Belka magic style, a style used by front-liners interested in weapons, body-enhancement, and direct combat.
TL note: So why the heck is it called Shooting Arts? Beats me. Sounds like it's mainly used to control the rollers and let them smash those knuckles into people. Hard.
They're ALWAYS using Shooting Arts.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:25   Link #82
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
She's his little sister, Ragna(?) Granscenic.
I missed cast list at airing, but cast list proved it.
I see. Now I get why Vice seems so traumatized by his miss-shot.

[crack]And seeing as she's got an eyepatch, I wonder how he would react to seing Cinque.[/crack]

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-26, 14:29   Link #83
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Quattro mentions something about Sein, Cinque and Dieci being too nice(?)
If Quattro doesn't like them, then they're probably decent people. Maybe if we're lucky Dieci will shoot Quattro with her Giant Cannon and Cinque will help Fate out of her predicament.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:46   Link #84
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
How are the Numbers and himself supposed to be affected by AMF? They're not using magic after all, just magic-like effects. At the very least, those strings he's using has an IS circle.
I know. What I meant was that since AMF doesn't affects them, the only ones suffering from "turning up the volume" of the hideout's AMF saturation, so as to speak, will be magi like Fate, Acous and Schach.

Of course, one can also say that the AMF saturation level there could already be at an abnormal level. However, in that case, Acous' Hounds wouldn't be able to "survive" in such an environment at all, much less penetrate it.

Thus, my suggestion is that the Doc might have upped the AMF level when Tre and Sette were engaging Fate. As said, this will only make things easier for them.

Quote:
From what Quattro said, Deici, Sein and Cinque are the same ~not fun~ types, according to her. Heck, Deici didn't even know of the Doctor's true motive until Quattro told her on the spot that the vengeance for the oppressed scientist bull he spouted was a bunch of lies. So, most likely only the top Numbers of I to IV, maybe V are really aware of everything. I doubt the younger ones are aware of things like Unlimited Desire and whatnot.
Cinque... Hmm, well, she's fairly serious, so the "not fun" comment might be refering to this. Or she could have a gentle spot in her like Deici (again, I'll need subs and moon-speakers to be sure).

(That said, I think both of them might make rather appealing tsunderekos )

Now, Sein, hmmmm...... I should think she's the sort that doesn't like to make people angry (with her concerns about the High Council getting mad over their activities), so she pretty much a easy-going type that hates quarrels and such (who knows?).

Possibly she (and the other two mentioned) have a different idea of what's "fun" and what's not.

Then again, this could also mean that the other 8 Numbers may well share Quatro's twisted humour (well, Due and Uno seems to be the case, methinks)...

Which imho is a rather unpleasant thought.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-26, 14:47   Link #85
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Watched the episode at last:

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Overall a great episode with a bunch of interesting revelations, but I didn't like the animation/picture quality in several moments. Hope DVD will fix that.
Old 2007-08-26, 14:49   Link #86
princesa_Ameria

Send a message via MSN to princesa_Ameria
Spoiler for Ep 22 part 2 [Youtube]:
Old 2007-08-26, 14:58   Link #87
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
If Quattro doesn't like them, then they're probably decent people. Maybe if we're lucky Dieci will shoot Quattro with her Giant Cannon and Cinque will help Fate out of her predicament.
They're not always on the same page having different personalities and all that, but the Numbers seem to value sisterhood above everything else, probably since that's the only real thing they have. I don't see any Numbers betraying unless Doctor/Quattro pulls the mind control fail-safe like what Quattro did with Lutecia or something.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:10   Link #88
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Watched the episode at last:

Spoiler for Thoughts:

Overall a great episode with a bunch of interesting revelations, but I didn't like the animation/picture quality in several moments. Hope DVD will fix that.
Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesa_Ameria View Post
Spoiler for Ep 22 part 2 [Youtube]:
1. Vice and Zafira share a little GAR conversation. The dog hobbles out (honestly, does anybody expect him to fight in such a state?). Vice addresses Zafira as DANNA!!! And Storm Raider is a dogtag.

2. Quattro proves that she's one of the nastiest villainess ever.

3. Berserk Lutecia is scary.

4. Garyuu sprouts two tentacles with barbed ends. It's funny seeing Erio trying to befriend him. He doesn't even talk...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-26, 15:10   Link #89
Mirificus

I've finished watching the episode.

Spoiler for Thoughts on the episode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
6. Quite an interesting move by Nanoha in the end, did RH obtain a Strada-like booster there?
-Strada's booster could have been derived from an existing capability of RH's. It would be far safer to test something like that on a mage who is already flight-capable first than to have one who isn't falling out of the sky.

Quote:
They're not always on the same page having different personalities and all that, but the Numbers seem to value sisterhood above everything else, probably since that's the only real thing they have. I don't see any Numbers betraying unless Doctor/Quattro pulls the mind control fail-safe like what Quattro did with Lutecia or something.
I just mentioned it because I thought it might be interesting to see. Even so, Quattro does seem to have a talent for making others hate her
Old 2007-08-26, 15:19   Link #90
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for OC:

Quote:
4. Garyuu sprouts two tentacles with barbed ends. It's funny seeing Erio trying to befriend him. He doesn't even talk...
Yeah, forgot to mention that Tentacles FTW (where are my Lutecia doujins?)
Old 2007-08-26, 15:27   Link #91
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Ragna = Kane? (you can't kill her with a bullet, too bad not an ion cannon)

Figures, Vice's love interest and sister = Mai Nakahara.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:29   Link #92
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
3. Ginga's arm was pretty freaky. It looks like her hand has been entirely replaced by the Revolver Knuckle. She also has a nice right-hook.
Er... Ginga was a cyborg to begin with, technically she could always have done that.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:32   Link #93
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
That is, if the Doc or one of the elder sisters (Quatro,perhaps) does something that totally shatters the unity of their sisterhood? Betrayed before they could betray?

Spoiler for Wild imagination gone rampant:

Hmm, up to now, it would appear that only Sein and Deici has some doubts over the Doc's game (the former over the consequences, the latter over the child abuse). The rest seems quite content following his instructions, and since the Doc seemingly gives them a free rein (probably only restricting them not to leave the base unless necessary, or such), they might not have any reason to resent his leadership/fatherhood(?).

Btw, what did Deici say before leaving with her cannon? It seems to me that she was saying something like orders and missions are of top priority and something about her sisters.

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2007-08-26 at 15:43.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:37   Link #94
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Er... Ginga was a cyborg to begin with, technically she could always have done that.
I know that but I still found it unsettling.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:48   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Btw, what did Deici say before leaving with her cannon? It seems to me that she was saying something like orders and missions are of top priority and something about her sisters.
Basically, she said that She'll follow the orders given to her, or her sisters will be troubled.

From the Youtube videos:

Spoiler for This episode:
Old 2007-08-26, 16:28   Link #96
princesa_Ameria

Spoiler for Ep 22 part 3 [Youtube]:
Old 2007-08-26, 16:48   Link #97
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quattro = the New Agent Smith?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2007-08-26, 16:55   Link #98
Dream_Traveller
Banned

"There's only me. Me, me....me."- Agent Quattro.

All in all, good episode. We finally get to see a darker side of Lutecia, Erio actually makes a stand against Garyuu, and things are looking bad for the Bureau. Stars Strike look intriguing, too.

On a side note though, more Numbers were missing from this episode, and, unless I missed something, Schach facing Sein wasn't shown at all. And where's Cinque? It can't take five, maybe six episodes to repair her, can it? Unless she's been given a damn good upgrade...
Old 2007-08-26, 17:03   Link #99
princesa_Ameria

Spoiler for Ep 22 part 4 [Youtube]:
Old 2007-08-26, 17:52   Link #100
Rava

Quote:
-Strada's booster could have been derived from an existing capability of RH's. It would be far safer to test something like that on a mage who is already flight-capable first than to have one who isn't falling out of the sky.
Nanoha used this move on Reinforce in As, so it's not even a case of testing... they already know it works.
Closed Thread