AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 04:33   Link #1
AnimeFangirl

[Manga] Chapter 242 Discussion

Woot, Rin is on the cover, she's kinda cute. This is her one moment in the sun so she might as well enjoy it. I don't have time to make it too comprehensive because I should be doing my English final paper by now <_< >_>. Chapter is called "Crybaby Ninja."

Obito and Kakashi go their separate ways. Then the 4th arrives at the battlefield where the Leaf is under heavy fire. About 50 bad guys, all of them look like the other rock nin we've seen before, i.e. like thugs. The 4th tells his people to throw a set of kunai, then he'll go attack alone. Oh my, so cool... When they try to protest, he says this is the fight of Konoha's Golden Flash. It's just a moment, so don't look away!

Kakashi's arm hurts and he thinks about Rin's warning. Like we care. -_- More flashbacks to Obito and Yondaime's words. Cut to Obito, he's found the bad guys and is getting up his courage. One rock nin says he's going to clean up while the other continues genjutsu to try and get Rin to talk. Baddie appears behind Obito and BOOO, Obito doesn't even get to try anything cool before Kakashi jumps in and save him. That stick thing on his back was apparently a chakra sword. Not bad, not bad, a little Star Wars maybe.

Kakashi acts all tough, saying he can't leave things to a crybaby ninja like Obito. The Rock dude sees his white hair and the white chakra sword and asks "White Fang of Konoha?" Kakashi says that was his dad. The sword looks like a dagger now, I guess that's the basic form. Obito remembers Kakashi saying that ninjas only need useful things on a mission and feelings are unnecessary, so I guess he's surprised that Kakashi is carrying a memento of his dad.

"Ninpou! Meisaigakure no Jutsu" - This is Camouflage jutsu, what the rock dude has been using to vanish all along. Is Kakashi a dog? He sniffs and says the smell of the rock nin has vanished completely. (my jaw is still dropped) [note: if they have links to dogs, that would explain why kakashi summons dogs and his dad is called white fang. interesting...] Only way to track him is by faint sounds and movements in the air.

Behind you, Obito! Kakashi jumps in and his eye gets slashed!!! Aaaargh! My eye!! He still has the presence of mind to note that the enemy is resourceful enough to throw away the kunai soaked in Kakashi's blood. Obito starts crying and Kakashi asks him if he has something in his eye again It's not as if Kakashi died. Obito undergoes Sakura-like transformation: I was always being saved by everyone, all I ever did was talk, blah blah. You know the drill. And even better, you know what's coming up next!!!! Obito turns around and YES!!! 2-dot Sharingan!!! Banzai! Banzai!!!

Commemorative picture:
Spoiler:

I really thought the chapter should have ended there, but Obito finishes off the rock nin with a kunai, for those of you who claim that kunai never kill anybody. Bad guy is surprised that he could be seen, asks what's up with those eyes. "I will protect my Comrades!!" says Obito.

Last edited by AnimeFangirl; 2004-12-09 at 04:50.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 04:38   Link #2
upncoming88

awesome..more yodaime!! and guess the gaiden IS ending soon didnt think they would rush it like this. Thanks for the summery..now if only the sub groups could hurry (damn knew i should have continued my japanese classes)
upncoming88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 04:43   Link #3
Naruto fanboy
Konoha Dark Genius

The Gaiden was going to be for 6 chapters...so we're half way through
Naruto fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 04:46   Link #4
Palani
///_^

*Bows to Obito*

Nuff Said
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 04:58   Link #5
Zidane

Could this have been anymore predictable? Fanboys can flame me all they want , this and the chase arc ending, everything is so extremely predictabel and repetetive.
No GOOD!
Zidane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 05:03   Link #6
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Whoa, the Fourth is one bad ass motherfucker.

The only thing that would blow his coolness factor out of this world, would be for him to kill every single stone-nin and say, "Some motherfuckers always trying to ice skate uphill."

I knew Obito was going to pull a Sasuke.

I can't wait for him to show Kakashi what a sharingan, albeit an incomplete one, can do.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 05:59   Link #7
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
omg sounds intresting
the pic you pasted along looks cool
but if the gaiden is 6 chapters long how in earth are they gonna show how obito gets a 3 dot sharingan ? i dont think kakashi had developed it to a 3 dots..
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 06:50   Link #8
Satoru

I don't think it's a chakra sword. It just showed us Kakashi's speed
Anyway, great chapter. I wonder why Kakashi keeps blaming himself...
Old 2004-12-09, 06:58   Link #9
AnimeFangirl

The rock nin called it a "hakkou no chakra tou" = white light chakra sword/blade. I'd like to see more action from it in the future. In the meantime my paper is pwning me...

EDIT: Now that I look at it, is Kakashi's mask held on with glue or something? Part of it got slashed so you expect the edges to peel off his face, right? But they're stuck to his face as ever. This is the kind of thing I think about at 7am when I haven't had any sleep.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 06:58   Link #10
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Booya, Obito busts out a 2 dot. That was a cool chapter. I was hoping to see Yondy kill everyone in a heartbeat, but alas, it's not about him. When the Rock nin first attacked and it showed Obito's face with some blood spurting, I thought that's where Kakashi got his eye injured. Man, there are some cool one page pics in this one.

I wonder if all those kunais are Yondaime's.

You rock my socks Dorfl.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon

Last edited by Gevurah; 2004-12-09 at 07:19.
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 08:50   Link #11
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

yeah, it is predictable, but informative nonetheless. Now we know that here are no prerequisites for dots and so forth. I felt it was doable though. I wouldn't be surprised that for someone to get the mange (if someone is one of the chosen) by only killing their best friend and that's it. So basically, if Sasuke had one dot and fought and killed Naruto, he could get the mange right then and there. Plausible right? Animizzle isn't going to like this one. I also expect this arc to end with Kakashi standing over Obito's grave, in present time (with the three year time skip included). It will look as though he was thinking all this in his mind.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 09:01   Link #12
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto fanboy
The Gaiden was going to be for 6 chapters...so we're half way through
How do you know this for sure
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 09:29   Link #13
karim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane
Could this have been anymore predictable? Fanboys can flame me all they want , this and the chase arc ending, everything is so extremely predictabel and repetetive.
No GOOD!
So how about predicting the rest of the arc
karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 09:30   Link #14
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Damn man, Obito got his sharingan on with each of his eyes havind 2 dots!!! better than Sasgay! Anyways now he will develop his sharingan, while Kakashi will live for sometime with only having 1 eye. He can't develop sharingan, he can barely even use it. Yondaime is soooooo cooool !! Kick their asses Yondaime!
Old 2004-12-09, 09:31   Link #15
Satoru

Kakashi blames himself for being so stupid back then, which doesn't make sense since he already changed his mind and saved Obito in 242. Now, if that other guy tells Kakashi/Obito to kill Obito/Kakashi...geez. I wonder if Kakashi still has the white fang weapon...would be great to see him even stronger with his dagger in three years.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Satoru; 2004-12-09 at 09:52.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:26   Link #16
Alchemist

IMO Best chapter of the gaiden so far.

I think most likely Obito will get a complete sharingan in at least one eye in this gaiden. Everything is set up to end here. Hell the next chapter is called despair so it wouldn't surprise me for obito to grow more in another dangerous situation.
Alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:41   Link #17
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

I think it will be Kakashi's despair as he cannot do anything as of yet with the loss of his depth perception and watch his buddies eat shit. I hope not, but it just might happen.

And Satoru, you should give credit to hisshouburaiken from the narutofan forums considering he did the translation you posted. He deserves it as he can read Japanese.

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 11:21   Link #18
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
And Satoru, you should give credit to hisshouburaiken from the narutofan forums considering he did the translation you posted.
Shut the fuck up! I never said I did the translation...
Old 2004-12-09, 12:03   Link #19
f00l

NICE!!! chap this is going to be good
f00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 12:07   Link #20
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru
Shut the fuck up! I never said I did the translation...
nice mature reply.

This weeks manga is awesome, at last we can see in obo's eyes the sharingan!

I hope that this gaiden ends fast so we can see what naruto looks like 3 years down the line, and how Hinata looks like too
AkatsukisApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote