AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-15, 08:21   Link #21
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Where have you been dude?
Old 2004-09-04, 02:14   Link #22
L3G4CY

Akane (KgNE) finally gets the spotlight!

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...ne_maniax.html

A new series...not necessarily a sequel, more like a side story (i.e: Onegai Teacher --> Onegai Twins)....

the series is called "Akane Maniax"...and guess who the main character is? yep...akane . what do u guys think bout this series...(yet to be released...)...anticipated? strangely...it has mecha...??

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-04 at 03:58. Reason: Threads Merged. It is alway better to post in an EXISTING THREAD!! Please search.
Old 2004-09-04, 02:47   Link #23
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Actually, it's classified as the sequel to KGNE...as such, there are numerous threads in the Older Series discussion -> KGNE folder
Old 2004-09-05, 03:56   Link #24
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

btw, here are some more info that many of you may not know about:

"Akane Maniax" is a three-part OVA. The first one goes on sale November 25th.

Vol. 1 & 2 are released by MediaFactory.
Vol. 3 is released by Bandai.

.....and it is rumored quite a while since last year that Bandai owns the anime rights to "MuvLuv."

Hmm..
Old 2004-09-05, 06:26   Link #25
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I'm still waiting for Muv Luv Alternative

I have a feeling that it's going to be released on Meiya and Takeru's birthday. Am I being blindly optimistic?

Regardless, I wonder if they'll combine the super hero ending with the muv luv ending.

Having a 3 part OAV released by 2 separate companies is indeed quite unusual.
Old 2004-09-05, 22:40   Link #26
nephilim
Loves Kaori

ooh. this one will be something i'll be looking forward to. loved kgne a lot, though very confusing at first and got a bit too draggy later on
Old 2004-09-06, 21:39   Link #27
Calca
Expressionless

Kimi Ga sequel?

Didn't see another topic about it. Looks like it'll revolve around Akane.

http://animenfo.com/animetitle,1600,...ne_maniax.html
Old 2004-09-06, 21:54   Link #28
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

It's discussed in the Older Series Discussions Forum, KGNE sub forum.

http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

look for topics concerning "Akane Maniax"
Old 2004-09-06, 22:22   Link #29
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
LMAO her b/f is ugly LOL...this looks funny
AH maybe it will make fun of the lame game...

AIRS better *cough cough*
Old 2004-09-06, 22:55   Link #30
Takemi_Ikazuchi

You're comparing apples and oranges, boy.

One is an intentionally silly filler story, the other is a surrealistic (with a capital S) drama

Akane Maniax is an 3 episode OAV and Air is quite possibly the start of a new anime franchise

That being said, I it's much more easier to screw up Air than Akane Maniax. I really hope they don't use the Kanon anime team.

..and Gohda is closer to being a stalker than a boyfriend

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2004-09-07 at 02:56.
Old 2004-09-07, 01:55   Link #31
MrBrown

Hmm.

Well, I played Akane Maniax, and I thought it was hilarious. Hopefully it all works in the anime as well.

And yes, it's totally different from KGNE...
Old 2004-09-11, 20:27   Link #32
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracus
If there is an OAV, I hope the alternate ending is Mitsuki and Takayuki dying in a car crash on the way to see Haruka. Or rather a train crash - and they are the only 2 to die.

I'm glad to see you feel that way. ......I feel that way too.

Well, been so long since I've been here, but I reside at the AN forums, so if you'd like to go there, that'll be cool. Anyways, seen someone hasn't posted this kinda link yet, so I figured I be a good unsamaritan and post it.

link to OAV site: http://www.akamani.com/index.html I'm betting it should tell all.

my post in the AN forums: http://www.animenation.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=156214

eh, well there's more members here talking about anime, unlike my home at AN. Aw, I'd visit here once in awhile, but I decided to reside at AN. Just to let you all know, I provide and aim to provide more pictures from the magazines Newtype Japan and Megami. Feel free to visit AN, as I post my updates there.

Oh, and nice to see most of the KGNE fans fell the same way. If someone could make a KGNE Doujin anime, how sweet that would be....unless the doujin creator is screwed up
Old 2004-09-11, 23:17   Link #33
Takemi_Ikazuchi

If you browse these forums you should know my current opinion on the franchise: It has been dragged out too long. It needs to die... swiftly.

Although, I do not consider Akane Maniax to be part of the that franchise
Old 2004-09-11, 23:22   Link #34
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takemi_Ikazuchi
If you browse these forums you should know my current opinion on the franchise: It has been dragged out too long. It needs to die... swiftly.

Although, I do not consider Akane Maniax to be part of the that franchise
You're just mad they haven't gone ahead with MuvLuv Alternative or the MuvLuv anime :P
Old 2004-09-12, 03:01   Link #35
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseman
Oh, and nice to see most of the KGNE fans fell the same way. If someone could make a KGNE Doujin anime, how sweet that would be....unless the doujin creator is screwed up
There's an april fool's fansub that just might interest you then.

Oh, and I think there's also an alternate, non-canon KGNE game where Haruka's accident never takes place at all. And from what I've heard, Mitsuki still remains to be heavily involved with the story. heh. Well, I could be wrong but you might want to check that out nevertheless.

I have no idea what the ending scenarios are however.

Knowing that, I can see how Takemi_Ikazuchi is able to say that KGNE has already been dragged out too long. I don't really care about the bonus stuff that's available. I just want the entire series on dvd! And oh yeah, to be able to play the game as well.
Old 2004-09-12, 09:38   Link #36
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
You're just mad they haven't gone ahead with MuvLuv Alternative or the MuvLuv anime :P
Quite true, but I'm not alone in my sentiments.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien to Age-soft is what Evangelion is to Gainax. It made them a top dog in their field, but it also made them lazy and limits their creativity. Gainax is getting back on its track, and hope Age-soft follow suits.
Old 2004-09-12, 19:13   Link #37
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I have the KGNE Special Fandisk, but I haven't been able to get far in there yet. Really though, I'll probably wait till I've completed my Japanese lessons so I can fully enjoy the game. But, I love Daikuji's mini game in there. It's quite fun.

But I don't really find it interesting to see KGNE stretched out too much. Probably just limit it to games, and have that AkaneManiax OAV be the last animated project of the series. Unless of course, they'd have a good enough mind to make a better anime of the project with a good story. [Not that I think KGNE had a bad story, just the ending....the ending! I really hate Mitsuki, but I like the long haired one.] Hey, think of it like this, long hair Mitsuki wanted Haruka and NaruMI to be together, but short haired Mitsuki wanted naruMI all for herself. Man, nasty how people change so quickly.....
Old 2004-09-12, 22:27   Link #38
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Everyone wants Takayuki for themselves. Even the seemingly justifiably angry Akane.

There's really no true innocents in this story. Yes, you've heard me. No true innocents. Even Haruka is guilty of something.
Old 2004-09-12, 23:07   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
So am I. Most Japanese feel that way since its been quite a while since any new information has been revealed on that subject...and quite frankly KGNE is getting rather too old - the game itself is three years old!! Three years is quite a time to have new ero-games that shocked the market - like TYPE-MOON's "Fate/stay night."
Old 2004-09-12, 23:26   Link #40
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I know, I'm patiently waiting for MuvLuv to get it's spotlight...but hey, Age knows what is a cashcow, and you can't really fault them for milking it to the last drop.

Besides, give them credit, it's one of the few truly dramatic eros out there that got a good amount of attention outside of Japan