AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-06-13, 14:18   Link #161
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon View Post
Hello everyone, I did a search of the forums and came up empty on this so I thought I would start a thread.
I have been into anime for a very long time and I recently decided that I wanted to help out with fan subs but the problem is I have no idea where to start! I don't even know all of the different jobs required to be filled to create a fan sub. I have no real back ground in this area but it has held an interest for me for quite a while now and since I have a LOT of free time on my hands I thought this would be a good project to get into.
In my defense I am a quick learner and get almost obsessive when there is a new skill for me to learn. any advice would be greatly appreciated, I really do want to help out after all, if there are any groups out there looking to recruit and train someone like me I would be most receptive to the offer.

I guess thats it for now, thanks for your time everyone.

Timing is something anyone can learn.
To a degree typesetting too.
I guess you should be able to do fairly ok quality checking as well, but that requires you to be picky.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 14:36   Link #162
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

download this program and start playing with it
remember to press enter in the text box and time boxes on the right to save your changes before moving onto the next line

http://www.malakith.net/aegiwiki/ind...itle=Main_Page
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 15:03   Link #163
jfs
Aegisub dev

Do check the "help wanted classifieds" stickied thread in this forum.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 20:13   Link #164
newborndeath
Nankh staff (timer)

I joined a group as a QCer.
then I was taught timing, encoding, and typesetting.

after that I started my own group.

people donated, we got our domain name, and webhosting.

and here we are!
long live Newbornankh Studios

heh ^w^
newborndeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 02:22   Link #165
moochuchuu

hi. may i ask for all the programs i need for subbing? i'm thinking about subbing this drama and i need the programs that are required for subbing. please help this other forum suggested me to use subtitle workshop to sub and Ultra Rm Converter to convert my rmvb files to avi. but i have no idea if these are good or not. please helppp ~
moochuchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 11:36   Link #166
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

well i guess Reading all those 4 page post realy helped Answers my Questions on starting up a fansubber group and i like to thank all those who are exps in fansubbing on sharing there exps in fansubbing *thumbs up*it realy give me a idea on what i should do when i want start up a fansubber group at first i realy had no idea how or where to start at but after reading this topic(i rarely read posts lol xD)but i do now.but theres still one thing worrys me could i still do a fansubber Group even no i dont have any skills in any of fansubber positions? and just be a leader of the group.
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 11:55   Link #167
martino
makes no files now

Join an existing group? What is so terribly wrong with doing so? Even if you want to sub a certain series, and be the "boss", it's still up to the translator to translate whatever that he/she enjoys; providing that you can find one...

Maybe start off as QC? Spot spelling/grammar mistakes, scene-timing bleeds, encoding quirks and the rest. Once you get a basic idea of what the other positions require you might feel like you want to venture out into others... That's just one approach.

Second is, have fun using the Search function and reading many beefy threads.
Old 2007-07-01, 12:16   Link #168
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Join an existing group? What is so terribly wrong with doing so? Even if you want to sub a certain series, and be the "boss", it's still up to the translator to translate whatever that he/she enjoys; providing that you can find one...

Maybe start off as QC? Spot spelling/grammar mistakes, scene-timing bleeds, encoding quirks and the rest. Once you get a basic idea of what the other positions require you might feel like you want to venture out into others... That's just one approach.

Second is, have fun using the Search function and reading many beefy threads.
you read my mind xD i was thinking of doing a QC beause it seems easy and fun to me i mean i can watch one thing over and over and over well yea you got the rest lol.
Old 2007-07-01, 13:04   Link #169
False Dawn
Florsheim Monster
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreMaster View Post
you read my mind xD i was thinking of doing a QC beause it seems easy and fun.

[insert cynical comment here regarding how "easy and fun" QCing actually is]

Oddly, it's my least favourite job
False Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 13:05   Link #170
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Dawn View Post
Oddly, it's my least favourite job
Because it's lame watching something over and over again until you go nuts from it (can't say that timing is more fun lol)...
Old 2007-07-01, 13:07   Link #171
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

well you got start somewhere
Old 2007-07-05, 17:28   Link #172
luccketta
Lucckettak

Send a message via Yahoo to luccketta
can somebody tell me what fansubbing is because i just started two days before the fourth of july so if you can thanks

LATERZ
luccketta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 18:09   Link #173
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by luccketta View Post
can somebody tell me what fansubbing is because i just started two days before the fourth of july so if you can thanks

LATERZ

It's like a job, the head of the group annoy you until have done it, and the pressure to meet deadlines eat your free time.

the abuse from impatient viewers will drive you from IRC and you start wishing you never got into it.....

Personally, i'm glad i was never fully pulled into the scene. if you can't hack a hobby that runs like a job, don't do it. But if you can, then the reward you can get from it is fantastic, as the work you have done could be around for ages and influence thousands of new anime watchers.

thats the pro and cons. hope you got a good measure of it.