AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-01, 18:18   Link #41
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Come to think of it, I also wonder why Kirino doesn't like Manami that much. Is it because she doesn't like another girl getting that close to Kyousuke? Or maybe something happened in the past (which might be why they ended up being so distant in the first place)?

I really hope there's more background/flashback scenes...
Old 2010-11-01, 19:52   Link #42
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Come to think of it, I also wonder why Kirino doesn't like Manami that much. Is it because she doesn't like another girl getting that close to Kyousuke? Or maybe something happened in the past (which might be why they ended up being so distant in the first place)?

I really hope there's more background/flashback scenes...
One theory is that Kyousuke decided to hang out with Manami a lot more often and ignoring Kirino in the process (due to jealousy, resentment, who knows). This is of course before the story began.
Old 2010-11-02, 06:44   Link #43
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
One theory is that Kyousuke decided to hang out with Manami a lot more often and ignoring Kirino in the process (due to jealousy, resentment, who knows). This is of course before the story began.
It can also be jealousy because Manami is close to Kyousuke. The part on the first novel where she comments about it was (from the translation in baka tsuki):

Quote:
“Let me ask this. Do you hate Manami?”

“Not really. Rather, I don’t know much about her.”

Of course. She’s my childhood friend and not hers. She must have met her more than once, but there shouldn’t be much of a relation between Kirino and Manami. In the rare occasions where Manami comes close to my home, they might pass by. That’s about it. Even last time when Kirino went past me and Manami, Manami didn’t seem to recognize Kirino. If there’s only so little of a relationship, there’s no reason for Kirino to hate Manami.

Manami isn’t the kind of person to be hated, so why?

“I don’t like how she’s… all over you.”

Yeah, right… I don’t get it at all. She isn’t all over me at all.
Old 2010-11-02, 09:23   Link #44
potchip

The author deliberately muddled many areas, so readers get their own interpretations. There's really no 'right' answer to a lot of these questions.

Central to the premise though, we know that Kyosuke Believes he's not a siscon, through you may argue his following Kirino's every whim is actually behaving like one. I admit Kyosuke's narrative in the LN is sometimes annoying, repeatedly denying the obvious such as Minami's feelings or the state of his relationship with Kirino..

Kirino on the other hand...can very well be a brocon, the only counter is her constant denial..

- hates Minami for no reason, and reinforced by the fact Kuroneko also hates Minami, and it's confirmed that Kuroneko likes Kyosuke..so...by extension..

- The exchange arc I reckon went a bit too far..Unless author pulls off a good explanation, the balance is a but skewed towards brocon too early

- Kuroneko suspects something's up between Kirino and Kyosuke, she constantly teases Kyosuke about it and also her comics was hilarious (and probably right on target)
Old 2010-11-15, 15:21   Link #45
Divini
Senpai!

Wow they're really rushing things.

Ep. 7: Date
Ep. 8: Gets novel idea stolen, etc, etc, maybe some of vol. 4
Ep. 9: Rest of vol. 4, Kirino leaves
Ep. 10: Kuroneko xfers to high school, and all the hijinks with it
Ep. 11: More vol. 5 stuff, Maybe at the end Kurneko/Ayase asks Kyosuke to go get Kirino back
Ep. 12: Goes to America to bring her back, then ???

My hypothesis... if they decide to go that far.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they threw Saori's backstory from vol. 6 in there somewhere, and/or decide to drag it out and end it with Kirino leaving for the US.
Old 2010-11-15, 21:29   Link #46
winkel

More like...

Ep. 7: Xmas Date
Ep. 8: Filler
Ep. 9: Gets novel idea stolen, etc, etc
Ep. 10: First part of vol. 4
Ep. 11: Second part of vol. 4
Ep. 12: Kirino goes off to America.

The series has shown it has been splitting up volumes into 2-3 episodes. I expect 3 instead of 2 for volume 4 since it'll the last one for this season. They can't go on to volume 5 or any of its content before finishing volume 4 because it wouldn't make sense. They don't have time to introduce Sena, and Saori's backstory seems inappropriate until we get more time with Saori.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:30   Link #47
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
I agree. I think they'll only be going to the end of volume 4, which is probably the best place to stop.

Here are some upcoming episode summaries from KmY (was posted there a couple of weeks back. Translating the titles, but I'm leaving 7's in Japanese only)

Spoiler for length:

Episode 8 There's no way my little sister could (get this kind of anime adaptation) (= replacement for last chapter of volume 3)
Episode 9 There's no way my little sister could be this into eroge (???)
Episode 10 There's no way my little sister (would cosplay like this) (= first chapter of volume 4)

Looks like they're cutting the plagiarism one out? Which doesn't bode well for certain relationship developments IMO.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-11-15 at 22:47.
Old 2010-11-15, 22:48   Link #48
Sumeragi
Banned

Interesting.... Episode 8 seems to be a changed version of the last chapter of Volume 3, while Episode 9 is a COMPLETELY new story.......

Also, Episode 10 seems to be the beginning of Volume 4.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:06   Link #49
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Looks like they're cutting the plagiarism one out? Which doesn't bode well for certain relationship developments IMO.
Spoiler:

Surprising that episode 09 may be filler too.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:10   Link #50
ion475
にこにこにー

From the description...

Episode 8 - Seems like they modify the plagiarism into making the novel into anime...I guess since this is the anime version, instead of going into ASCII Mediaworks they go to AIC...
Episode 9 - Definitely original. It has been mentioned before the anime start that Kuroneko's imouto would make her first appearance (She had never been shown in novel).
Episode 10 - Vol. 4 Ch. 1...

From there...
Episode 11 - First part = Some Vol. 4 Ch. 2? (The producer doesn't like Manami XD) + Vol. 4 Ch. 3 (Sort of reaching the climax of "Last Jinsei Soudan")
Episode 12 - Vol. 4 Ch. 4 + some wrapup (i.e. showing Kuroneko just to let people speculate on a Season 2).

My only question, why rushing things like crazy then? Just to throw in random filler?
Old 2010-11-16, 00:25   Link #51
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

^
Really? The producer doesn't like Manami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler (vol3-5):

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-11-16, 01:54   Link #52
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
It has been mentioned before the anime start that Kuroneko's imouto would make her first appearance (She had never been shown in novel).

Oh my...

*Massive nosebleed
Old 2010-11-16, 08:40   Link #53
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
From the description...

Episode 8 - Seems like they modify the plagiarism into making the novel into anime...I guess since this is the anime version, instead of going into ASCII Mediaworks they go to AIC...
Episode 9 - Definitely original. It has been mentioned before the anime start that Kuroneko's imouto would make her first appearance (She had never been shown in novel).
Episode 10 - Vol. 4 Ch. 1...

From there...
Episode 11 - First part = Some Vol. 4 Ch. 2? (The producer doesn't like Manami XD) + Vol. 4 Ch. 3 (Sort of reaching the climax of "Last Jinsei Soudan")
Episode 12 - Vol. 4 Ch. 4 + some wrapup (i.e. showing Kuroneko just to let people speculate on a Season 2).

My only question, why rushing things like crazy then? Just to throw in random filler?
Well, I think we better wait and see how the anime original episode will paly, just because it's an original it doesn't means it will be bad.

Considering those small sumaries from the episodes, I agree with ion475 above, but I do't think they woudl cut ch2 as what happens on it is important for ch 3, and they actually would be nicely fit together (ending an episode at ch 2 would probably make Kirino look too bad for an week, as she would only say she is sorry the week after).

So really looks like they will end at vol 4, well this would prob mean a second season would be a given.
Old 2010-11-16, 11:46   Link #54
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Really? The producer doesn't like Manami?
It's my own joke since they keep cutting Manami's appearance in the anime (Not like the original novel is that much better anyway, but then, the interaction b/t Kyousuke and Manami is too normal, even when Ayase factor in...)

Quote:
Well, I think we better wait and see how the anime original episode will paly, just because it's an original it doesn't means it will be bad.
I'm not saying that the anime original would be bad, more like I don't see the point of rushing stuff all over the place...(Although, on the other hand, there is the manga pacing, where Ch. 21 is still at Vol. 2...which is just way too slow)

Quote:
So really looks like they will end at vol 4, well this would prob mean a second season would be a given.
It's just a natural break. Then they can pull a Toradora and end the novel and anime around the same time...(Unless Fushimi start stalling out stuff...but then, we can always have Spinoff of different "route" (Manami, Ayase, Saori, even Sena, Kanako, etc.).
Old 2010-11-22, 04:31   Link #55
Divini
Senpai!

Well with that line at the end of ep.8, either Kirino goes bye-bye at the end of ep.9, or they stretch vol.4 for the rest of the season.

They'll probably end it with Kirino leaving or returning, can't really imagine another end point, unless they pull something original. Though, having the last ep. with Kirino leaving would make it feel incomplete honestly. Hope they do it sooner rather than later.
Old 2010-11-22, 07:19   Link #56
chaosprophet

Why mentioning that line means it will need to happen on next episode? On the novel itself, she does say that line at the end ov Vol 3, but the last counseling only happens at the end of vol 4. From summaries of the episodes that were posted here, ep 9 will be an anime original . That means 3 (maybe 4 if it's 13) episodes for the last volume, which imo isn't a strech at all. Considering the volumes size and from how the pace have been so far in the anime, 3 episodes for a volume is okay although 4 epiosdes would been better with less cuts and less rushed pace. Heck some of the biggesd t volumes like 2 and maybe 3 could even deserve a 5 episodes pace.
Old 2010-11-22, 14:37   Link #57
Undertaker

Probably should come to this thread a bit sooner, I was reacting to the word eroge and assume episode 9 to jump to Kyosuke's Eroge-mission.

So it looks like ep 9 is going to be original, at least based on the synopsis it doesn't sound like anything they can mess with from the source material.

Kuroneko's private life and Kirino actually playing Eroge? Let's hope this won't end up as another episode 8.....

On the other hand, next episode totally messed up my prediction of ending at v5. However I still don't think the anime can ends like v4 did unless they are pretty sure about season 2 or some sort of OVA that are already in plan. I'm now leaning towards original/modified ending.
Old 2010-11-22, 15:23   Link #58
ion475
にこにこにー

(Reread the spoiler)
Looks like Fushimi himself will write the script of next episode. Definitely completely original, it may be story that he don't have space to fit in the LN for without going weird...
Old 2010-11-22, 16:13   Link #59
Undertaker

You are right, he is the one writing the spoiler, I guess this proof that ep 8 is just a cruel joke and the whole thing is a pun by the anime staff.

expectation for ep 9.....rising.....
Old 2010-12-05, 17:36   Link #60
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Let me get this straight. So the TV broadcast will contain the Good End and the online will contain the True end. Honestly, if the online was a continuation of TV's episode 12 then I would have just thought that they needed more episodes to reach vol 5 which is where they wanted to end. (Exactly like Bake.) HOWEVER, since we have a good end and true end, this means that its very likely that we'll have an anime-original ending in the online. Man, the anime people is REALLY pushing for the wincest end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
No, considering that the online broadcast is the "True End", it's more likely that the TV broadcast will be the anime-original ending while the online broadcast sticks to the light novels.
To add to this, I think the TV broadcast of episode 12 will be an anime-original ending where Kyousuke stops Kirino from leaving for America while the online broadcast episodes will cover the LN canon material from volume 5, with Kirino leaving for America and Kyousuke going off to stop her after some development with Kuroneko. Basically, at the end of episode 11 Kirino will tell Kyousuke that she is going to America and from there the two endings branch. In the TV broadcast of episode 12, Kyousuke will decide to stop Kirino from leaving for America, thus leading to a "Good End", while the online broadcast that starts with the alternative episode 12 will have the beginning of volume 5, where Kirino is already gone and Kuroneko has become a first year at Kyousuke's high school, and animates the events of vol 5 from there, thus the "True End".

This is an interesting way to compensate for not having enough airing time on TV to animate an additional and not leave the season on a cliffhanger. It's exactly like Bakemonogatari's approach.

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-12-05 at 17:48.
Closed Thread