AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-08-11, 12:34   Link #1741
kakakka

Can someone tell me the phrase that Lyle declared in the movie when he was making way for Setsuna and targeting multiple ELS in Japanese? Ty
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-11, 12:38   Link #1742
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Can someone tell me the phrase that Lyle declared in the movie when he was making way for Setsuna and targeting multiple ELS in Japanese? Ty

"Ikasei, Haro! Migarendaze!"

Not too sure on how accurate that is; I'm going by ear there.
Old 2011-08-11, 13:16   Link #1743
kakakka

Nice

It's almost close to that catch phrase that was intended for Lyle before but was scrapped (Midare Utsuze"/乱れ打つぜ)
Old 2011-08-11, 13:20   Link #1744
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It might be midarendaze instead of migarendaze. We'd need a script sheet to be absolutely sure--I can't tell if Lyle is saying ga, ka, or da there. Sounds like ga, though.
Old 2011-08-15, 01:53   Link #1745
Terronium-12
Innovate.

Send a message via AIM to Terronium-12 Send a message via MSN to Terronium-12
Interesting question I'd like some honest opinions on:

Does anyone here feel as if Gundam is no longer influential, has it gone on for far too long?
Terronium-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 03:39   Link #1746
rakusukira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terronium-12 View Post

Does anyone here feel as if Gundam is no longer influential, has it gone on for far too long?
gundam is still influential.
rakusukira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:57   Link #1747
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

My first introduction to Gundam universe is Gundam Wing. Since then, I watched the older series & OVAs and I never got bored with it. Gundam SEED Destiny turned me off a bit for its disastrous plot, but that was the director's fault, not Gundam franchise in particular. After that, my Gundam-watching spirit finally refreshed with the arrival of Gundam 00. Sure, the story kinda recycle Wing a bit, but it still fresh. Then comes Gundam Unicorn which is truly awesome.

I think Gundam will never get old. It's one of the founding fathers of Real Robot genre. There will always be new series for the newcomers/ next generation to follow and the OVAs about UC universe for the longtime fans.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 11:56   Link #1748
Terronium-12
Innovate.

That's my point exactly.

Every story is unique to the series, yet a debate I was having with another person on another forum (which turned out to be one-sided and complete hearsay on the other person's behalf) claims Gundam has gone on for far too long, carrying about the same stories, the same general plot, etc, etc.

The ringer is this genius has only watched 10 episodes of GW and decided everything else is mostly the same; not through personal experience, but by way of what other people claim. The exact definition of hearsay.

I'm still interested in what other people think but my question was to see whether or not I was the one being ignorant, and thus far that's not the case at all.
Old 2011-08-15, 12:12   Link #1749
kakakka

Just a note, this is a thread about asking questions that can have quick answers based on Gundam anime, manga and official source, not a thread for asking questions that can have long discussions/debates.

Search for such thread in the forums, or request for admins to make one.
Old 2011-08-15, 12:12   Link #1750
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:

The ringer is this genius has only watched 10 episodes of GW and decided everything else is mostly the same; not through personal experience, but by way of what other people claim. The exact definition of hearsay.

I'm still interested in what other people think but my question was to see whether or not I was the one being ignorant, and thus far that's not the case at all.
Yeah, man. Don't get too work-up by what a troll is saying. There's a high probability that people like him just using the net to vent his hate or anger (about something that we'll never know) . Keep believing in yourself about what you like and what you don't like (as long as it's not a crime ). We, Gundam-fans, welcome you with open arms and minds .
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 05:33   Link #1751
JC...
I am a Pie

Didn't the Zaku I sniper type appear in the 08th MS Team or am I just imagining things?
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 06:56   Link #1752
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...If memory serves me right, there is no such thing in 08th Ms Team, just GM Sniper. You could look into wiki or other official sites for sure, though.
Old 2011-08-21, 11:42   Link #1753
JC...
I am a Pie

I found the clip which I thought was the Zaku sniper. I think the animation made the Zakus' colour appear lighter (Unless they actually had a lighter colour scheme).
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 12:33   Link #1754
Terronium-12
Innovate.

Any word on when Turn A is supposed to air on CN? I know it's in the Fall...just don't know what month.

Really interested to see how well the dub turns out.
Old 2011-08-22, 13:06   Link #1755
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Any word on when Turn A is supposed to air on CN? I know it's in the Fall...just don't know what month.
I haven't heard anything about Turn A airing at all. My understanding was it would be direct-to-DVD.
Old 2011-08-22, 18:49   Link #1756
Terronium-12
Innovate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
I haven't heard anything about Turn A airing at all. My understanding was it would be direct-to-DVD.
Funny. I read that on the Gundam wiki last week, and now it says "will be released sometime in the Fall of 2011", whereas before it mentioned it being aired on CN.

Now that that's been rectified I wonder if they'll do a Blu-ray release/remastering.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:10   Link #1757
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Funny. I read that on the Gundam wiki last week, and now it says "will be released sometime in the Fall of 2011", whereas before it mentioned it being aired on CN.

Now that that's been rectified I wonder if they'll do a Blu-ray release/remastering.
Gundam Wiki isn't the most reliable of sources, especially if there isn't a reference.
Old 2011-08-22, 19:28   Link #1758
kakakka

There's no such info in Gundam Wikia last week. Wikipedia on the other hand....
Old 2011-08-24, 17:53   Link #1759
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I don't think there's been any edits that are non-00 (except AGE) related in Gundam Wikia in recent times, so it pre-dates the Turn A airing rumors recently.
Old 2011-08-25, 14:17   Link #1760
Araxiel

I recently got the English release versions of Gundam OOF.
My question is this; is Hixar Fermi wearing a bomb collar? In the character design pages, and the last manga chapter, you can see a choker-like thing clipped around his neck that, on inspection, is identical to the slim bomb collars on Fon and [in the bonus design sketches] Marlene.
So, is Hixar ever confirmed to be wearing a bomb collar, and why?