AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-10, 13:02   Link #901
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Well, the ARC is over, but not the saga. We're only a bit more than halfway through the Hunter Exam saga; Satotz just revealed that the Hunter Exam hasn't ended yet.
I call it a saga because the next arc has nothing to do with the last one.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 15:57   Link #902
elniro

Send a message via MSN to elniro
Can anyone tell me please (in pm or spoiler tags) what Satotsu means when the exam is not over yet, what is the full exam?
I cant remember what happened in the original series, unless it never got that far.
elniro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 17:52   Link #903
leokiko

I hope they do a new opening for this episode, but I bet they will only change when the YS arc starts
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 01:00   Link #904
Daisuki-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for HxH Episode 21 Comparison:
This is a pretty serious oversight on your part here. Do you not remember
Spoiler for MANGA MATERIAL HERE:

Regarding the discussion on the world map, I'm pretty sure the 1999 version's is supposed to have the cut off bottoms of continents/surrounding islands at the top (if only partially), like can happen on maps of our world. They thus aren't "extra islands", but it's still wrong and needs stuff from later in the manga to explain why.

Last edited by Daisuki-chan; 2012-03-11 at 23:53. Reason: Removing most stuff
Daisuki-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 02:18   Link #905
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Go! Go! Niju Go!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 03:54   Link #906
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuki-chan View Post
Toto y Moi sounds like a rabid Madhouse employee who registered here (as soon as the anime aired) just to defend her work. It's mysterious how the bad in the 2011 anime, like any mention of Kite being skipped again and again (his build up is already hurt at this point) doesn't seem to bother her, while every small change in the 1999 version comes out as "wrong". It's just a very biased comparison.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 05:05   Link #907
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'll agree on the Kite bit, although he doesn't become an important character until uhhh. MUCH LATER. It's possible that they just left him out to save time.

Are there any other "big mistakes" they made that doesn't involve compressing certain story bits so as to not become repetitive?
Old 2012-03-11, 08:17   Link #908
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Toto y Moi sounds like a rabid Madhouse employee who registered here (as soon as the anime aired) just to defend her work. It's mysterious how the bad in the 2011 anime, like any mention of Kite being skipped again and again (his build up is already hurt at this point) doesn't seem to bother her, while every small change in the 1999 version comes out as "wrong". It's just a very biased comparison.
we've told her that a million times already, but she still sincerely believes she's an icon of impartiality

anyway very good episode this week, much improved pacing, flow and bgm. favorite part is how they introduced gotoh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
It's not like the person doing the comparisons is the word of god, it's one person's opinion. Just be satisfied he is putting up all the pictures from the episode so you can also make an decent comparison.
i do appreciate them; they're very detailed and it takes a lot of work and dedication to make them every week. i'm just a bit bothered that some misconceptions are being created against the 1999 series. but oh well, time will soon clear the fogs and tints in our glasses.

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-03-11 at 08:53.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 08:32   Link #909
leokiko

It's not like the person doing the comparisons is the word of god, it's one person's opinion. Just be satisfied he is putting up all the pictures from the episode so you can also make an decent comparison.
Old 2012-03-11, 09:39   Link #910
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisuki-chan View Post

Regarding the discussion on the world map, I'm pretty sure the 1999 version's is supposed to have the cut off bottoms of continents/surrounding islands at the top (if only partially), like can happen on maps of our world. They thus aren't "extra islands", but it's still wrong and needs stuff from later in the manga to explain why.
sigh. here's two more photos showing exactly what the 1999 series does with them in detail.

deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
hahaha, are you serious? wow. how ungrateful. No, I don't work for Madhouse. I'm just someone who loves the series and wanted to explain to other fans how the three can be significantly different. I'm done here.

In all honesty, I don't see anyone PROVING anything that I've been saying is wrong. Just blind generalized statements with nothing to back them up.

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2012-03-11 at 15:48.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 10:33   Link #911
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Besides, it's not like "1999 series is good" and "1999 deviates from the manga more than the 2012 series does" are mutually exclusive. I enjoyed the 1999 series regardless of the changes.
Old 2012-03-11, 11:27   Link #912
fanty
STARVING ARTIST

Quote:
It's kinda silly with how Africa, South America and Japan are merrily swimming around in the ocean there. I mean, come on, it's not that hard to draw a fantasy map!
fanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 11:31   Link #913
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanty View Post
It's kinda silly with how Africa, South America and Japan and merrily swimming around in the ocean there. I mean, come on, it's not that hard to draw a fantasy map!
Actually, the entire thing is our world map rearranged. All of our continents except Antarctica are on there.

wait. antarctica isn't on the map.

hahaha, Togashi is pretty clever... I never even thought about why he chose not to draw Antarctica until now. There's a likely reason for it, but it's not worth discussing in this thread. For those of you "Hunting" for details in this series, I'll give you a hint: the Hunter Exam takes place at the beginning of every year.

Last edited by Toto y Moi; 2012-03-11 at 11:43.
Old 2012-03-11, 11:53   Link #914
leokiko

The thing is: This adaptation has been way more faithful to the manga so far. Incredibly so.

But the animation is bothering me, I have already expressed my opinions on that matter. HxH was really dark on the 1999 and I'm not sure it will pull off an better YS arc than it was for me.

Mike scared the crap outta me on 1999 series. Here? No scared feeling at all(I actually rewatched that scene on 1999 after watching this epi).
Old 2012-03-11, 13:07   Link #915
nellA

People sure can't resist from posting manga spoilers in here.
nellA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-11, 13:22   Link #916
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellA View Post
They aren't posting just to be trolls, you know
Old 2012-03-11, 14:01   Link #917
nellA

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
They aren't posting just to be trolls, you know
Manga spoilers aren't supposed to be in anime threads at all, you know
Old 2012-03-11, 14:04   Link #918
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellA View Post
My apologies. I don't mean to spoil anything and I do my best to keep my comparisons spoiler free. However, when someone attempts to question the legitimacy of my work, I have to combat it using the best means necessary in order to preserve my reputation as a poster whom has amassed an honestly stupid amount of information about Hunter x Hunter. I know what I'm talking about and I'll try to stamp out any misinformation that I can.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:13   Link #919
nellA

Quote:
My apologies. I don't mean to spoil anything and I do my best to keep my comparisons spoiler free. However, when someone attempts to question the legitimacy of my work, I have to combat it using the best means necessary in order to preserve my reputation as a poster whom has amassed an honestly stupid amount of information about Hunter x Hunter. I know what I'm talking about and I'll try to stamp out any misinformation that I can.
I enjoy your comparisons so please keep them coming.
Old 2012-03-11, 14:15   Link #920
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

The guard is a nice guy, but isn't he going to get in trouble for opening the gate for them after he was declined by the butler? Wow Gon got scared so fast by Mike. Got a good kick out of Leorio saying he should have taken Killua's picture.

Tags
action, shounen