AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 06:22   Link #61
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
it would be great to have this anime turn into a dark tragedy.. it would be quite unique among shonen series, and it would go down as one of the greatest anime's ever, just cuz tragedies are that damned cool
Old 2003-12-07, 06:39   Link #62
Kabuto

Neji is suffering the most physical pain out of everyone we saw so far.
Well besides the people that Oro tourtured in his playhouse.
Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 07:11   Link #63
eclipse
Inactive Member

Neji said that "what would you do in a moment as this naruto" or something like that. So maybe he did a bunshin no jutsu, and replicated himself
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 08:30   Link #64
AnimeFangirl

Except he already said he was out of chakra and kage bunshin takes a lot of chakra to do. Plus I think someone already mentioned that Kage Bunshin is a forbidden jutsu that Naruto isn't even supposed to know. It's possible that Neji did kawarimi, though. That scene looked a bit like the portion in much earlier chapters when Kakashi pretended to have been killed by those two Mist chuunin.
Old 2003-12-07, 11:21   Link #65
-HyugaNeji-

Man for me it's totally obvious that he wont die (lose), i mean just watch at the whole fight, Spiderman is exactly, i mean exactly, talking the same stuff Neji told to Naruto when they fought together. Like, your fate was decided the moment i became your opponent etc etc. I'm sure Neji will make some cool move the next chapter, killing that annoying spiderguy. What comes after that i don't know, but i'm 100% sure he'll survive. To have drama and strong emotions within a story it is not necessarily needed to kill off characters you began to like more and more, otherwise it would seem like: hm, my storytelling is so simple, lets just kill off some nice characters to add a strong emotional moment and make the story more "realistic". It's all about good storytelling...

Ah and for me it's also obvious why they added a character like Tsunade with her ability to heal even the most crucial wounds (ok, lee's wound seem to be a bit more then that). Well she can't revive people like shenlong in DBZ can do, but hey it's enough to give them life threatening wounds so she can heal them later with her special jutsu and they jump around again, as if nothing ever happened.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:18   Link #66
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto
Neji is suffering the most physical pain out of everyone we saw so far.
Well besides the people that Oro tourtured in his playhouse.
Yay you're right Dragon-san.
Mangas full of tragedies are cool after all. Just like Berserk! It's so cool

But I don't want to see Neji die I'd rather have Sakura die than him
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:21   Link #67
Laxe

Blah! double posted!
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:21   Link #68
Laxe

Hmm, well as most people have already said Neji looked like he had a plan when thinking about Naruto. Then he started said: "Enough...since I can't avoid these attacks anymore..." then stops there.

It's pretty clear he let the arrow pierce him since he could've dodged it but then he'd have no chakra left but it seems he's taking a gamble with the wound and the amount of chakra he saves from not dodging the attack.

About the arm movement before the arrow make contact: it did look as though he was performing some sort of jutsu on himself as the last frame shows his right arm bend inwards (which was the arm shown in the previous frames because of the bands he had wrapped round it). Perhaps he stopped some of his own chakra around the point of impact to lessen the blow and avoid losing chakra or even tampering with his own body to go into some sort of state which feigns death.

I can't wait till next week!
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 14:54   Link #69
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HyugaNeji-
Man for me it's totally obvious that he wont die (lose), i mean just watch at the whole fight, Spiderman is exactly, i mean exactly, talking the same stuff Neji told to Naruto when they fought together. Like, your fate was decided the moment i became your opponent etc etc. I'm sure Neji will make some cool move the next chapter, killing that annoying spiderguy. What comes after that i don't know, but i'm 100% sure he'll survive. To have drama and strong emotions within a story it is not necessarily needed to kill off characters you began to like more and more, otherwise it would seem like: hm, my storytelling is so simple, lets just kill off some nice characters to add a strong emotional moment and make the story more "realistic". It's all about good storytelling...

Ah and for me it's also obvious why they added a character like Tsunade with her ability to heal even the most crucial wounds (ok, lee's wound seem to be a bit more then that). Well she can't revive people like shenlong in DBZ can do, but hey it's enough to give them life threatening wounds so she can heal them later with her special jutsu and they jump around again, as if nothing ever happened.
Um..Tsunade isn't out in the field; she's the Hokage, she may never be out there...
Chances are her assistant Shizune left to take Genma back to the village; the possibility of a last-minute entrance is pretty unlikely, or else this series would become:

To quote Asuka from Evangelion:
'Why do we have to do anything? The AMAZING Shinji will come in and save the day!"

And killing characters isn't necessarily a BAD thing; even a popular one. It's all what follows the death; how characters react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
the rumor i heard was....

Chouji really does die and Shikamaru blames Sasuke for his death and despises him even after he is rescued.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 14:56   Link #70
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

It would suck but it would really bring some of the emotional part from the Zabuza arc back into the series. I still think the chakra theory is the best one to killing spiderman.
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 15:11   Link #71
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
Except he already said he was out of chakra and kage bunshin takes a lot of chakra to do. Plus I think someone already mentioned that Kage Bunshin is a forbidden jutsu that Naruto isn't even supposed to know. It's possible that Neji did kawarimi, though. That scene looked a bit like the portion in much earlier chapters when Kakashi pretended to have been killed by those two Mist chuunin.
This is beginning to do my head in now. People keep talking about Kage bunshin as though it is a normal bunshin, and everyone is crossing their wires etc.

There are two kinds of replication techniques - or bunshin no jutsu - (well, two main ones).

Normal bunshin no jutsu is a genjitsu technique where an illusionary body is created. This is a relatively simple technique. The ninja in the academy are taught this, and it takes very little chakra to perform. These disappear as soon as they are hit, being as they are merely illusions, they cannot attack, only feign to do so.

Kage bunshin, shadow replications are real bodies, they CAN attack, they can take one single hit before being destroyed (they normally get hit into the floor and disappear). This is a high level forbidden ninjutsu, and takes a lot of chakra to perform.

Its very possible Neji did a normal bunshin before the last arrow hit, or did kawarimi (replacement). That would really take the piss out of Kidoumaru. Level 2 power outdone by a novice ninja techinque
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 15:24   Link #72
dimdog

Send a message via AIM to dimdog
great post GreyArea!!!! *applauds* only one problem with it...bunshins DONT disappear when they are hit, seeing as they dont get hit! whatever is going to hit them, goes right through them(think about the ebisu chase, evn tho it was a filler, it still follows the rules)so the bunshins can last as long as the creater lets them exist
dimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:02   Link #73
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

It's pretty obvious that Neji is trully heavely wounded.

He didn't avoid the last blow on purpose.

Possibly like Laxe said, to save his chakra because it's useless to spent his chakra to avoid the arrow if he can't avoid the next one, or the next after that etc.

But I think that Neji purposely take the arrow in his stomach, he has allowed that the arrow will pierce his body, thus he used that.
Because now he's connected to the spider dude by the semen cord attached to the arrow.

It seem that Neji hit himself in his last move.
Mixing the chakra of his own body with the chakra contained in the arrow, then in the cord, and finally in the body of the spider dude himself in order to reach him directly by an intern explosion of chakra? ^^
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:09   Link #74
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
This is beginning to do my head in now. People keep talking about Kage bunshin as though it is a normal bunshin, and everyone is crossing their wires etc.

There are two kinds of replication techniques - or bunshin no jutsu - (well, two main ones).

Normal bunshin no jutsu is a genjitsu technique where an illusionary body is created. This is a relatively simple technique. The ninja in the academy are taught this, and it takes very little chakra to perform. These disappear as soon as they are hit, being as they are merely illusions, they cannot attack, only feign to do so.

Kage bunshin, shadow replications are real bodies, they CAN attack, they can take one single hit before being destroyed (they normally get hit into the floor and disappear). This is a high level forbidden ninjutsu, and takes a lot of chakra to perform.

Its very possible Neji did a normal bunshin before the last arrow hit, or did kawarimi (replacement). That would really take the piss out of Kidoumaru. Level 2 power outdone by a novice ninja techinque

There are many more differnt kinda of replication Techniques then that.
Kage Bunshin is not the only replication that can allow you to attck but its the most efficent one out of all of them. Water clones, bug that turn into people.... etc.
Old 2003-12-07, 18:12   Link #75
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Hmm it indeed doesn't look good for Neji......anyone considered why the author would construct a scene where Neji's headband would be removed revealing his "Manji" cursed seal? Wasn't one of the stipulations that it would only disappear upon his death? Man it would suck if he does die (He is obviously going to beat Kidoumaru though) So I hope I'm wrong, at least it will be easier to tell if he does die than in Choji's case.......

PS The arrow before the "screw tipped" one that scraped his cheek was clearly attached to a thread untill Kidoumaru cut the thread by biting it. I would be suprised if Neji hadn't noticed this.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:16   Link #76
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
With 2 or more pages of strategy explanation it seemed like hardly anything happened in this chapter.

CH 197 should definately be worth the wait.

Also, if Neji got messed up this bad during a fight, then Kiba should definately die...
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:20   Link #77
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
The problem with this theory is, that Neji can't know that the arrow is connected to the Spiderman. The arrows before weren't connected and this one came in through his blind spot, so he has to assume that it is a normal arrow without anything attached.
Yes he can
The last arrow had a semen cord too and Neji has noticed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Hmm it indeed doesn't look good for Neji......anyone considered why the author would construct a scene where Neji's headband would be removed revealing his "Manji" cursed seal? Wasn't one of the stipulations that it would only disappear upon his death?
Yeah I supposed that even before the chapter was released for frightened people here, maybe that will be true finally
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 18:21   Link #78
Kabuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Hmm it indeed doesn't look good for Neji......anyone considered why the author would construct a scene where Neji's headband would be removed revealing his "Manji" cursed seal? Wasn't one of the stipulations that it would only disappear upon his death? Man it would suck if he does die (He is obviously going to beat Kidoumaru though) So I hope I'm wrong, at least it will be easier to tell if he does die than in Choji's case.......

PS The arrow before the "screw tipped" one that scraped his cheek was clearly attached to a thread untill Kidoumaru cut the thread by biting it. I would be suprised if Neji hadn't noticed this.

I can tell you why. The author wanted to make you think for that one min of staring at the picture that the arrow went right through neji's head. Therefore killing him.
If he ended the manga with that scene everyone here would be debating if neji was really gone.
Old 2003-12-07, 19:13   Link #79
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto
I can tell you why. The author wanted to make you think for that one min of staring at the picture that the arrow went right through neji's head. Therefore killing him.
If he ended the manga with that scene everyone here would be debating if neji was really gone.
Still seems pretty convenient since we see it (the Manji seal) so rarely...... .............only 6 days to go till the next chapter........
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 19:21   Link #80
Muraki
Dreamer

(Sighsss)
6 days so long

And I have finals coming up....which makes it even longer...aghhhh the pain X.x damnit...

Neji can't die :X at least I hope he doesn't....
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote