AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-02, 06:59   Link #921
Akashin

Was it? Huh, don't remember that. Then again, we also have to note the differences between them; Ichigo was determined to protect his friends and had gotten more or less used to being the one to cover them, and suddenly lost the ability to do any more than watch as other people did his work. Isshin we know nothing about, but he had a family to care for and may very well have given it up to be a father. But that doesn't really say anything about how he felt about being a Shinigami before giving up his powers, which is all I was arguing.
Old 2011-08-02, 11:03   Link #922
DemonsStilletto

The whole reason I say Isshin had to be more than a mere substitute is the fact that Ichigo is a trueblood Shinigami. I'm not sure if Ichigo would be considered trueblood if Isshin was a substitute. I suppose it depends on the structure of power and genetics that KT has in mind.

Plus, Isshin does wear a tattered haori, which I doubt a substitute could obtain without a position of power, especially a position similar in nature to the captaincy. So haori does represent SOMETHING - now exactly where, what and when? Those are the pieces of info that I am eager on finding out!
Old 2011-08-02, 11:09   Link #923
Akashin

I can't say I've ever heard the term trueblood used, nor do I really get what you mean by it. But the haori does probably account for something; you're right on that, and I totally forgot about it. =S
Old 2011-08-02, 13:01   Link #924
DemonsStilletto

Spoiler for Bleach, Episode 111, Grand Fisher vs Isshin:
Old 2011-08-04, 08:55   Link #925
dredmorte

after finishing watching the last arc, i got the idea that Ichigo's father had used Final Getsuga Tensho and lost all his powers. He then recovered part of his powers and taught his son FGT in order to defeat Aizen. But it's still pretty effing weird that father and son dont talk more about that stuff...
Old 2011-08-04, 09:02   Link #926
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
after finishing watching the last arc, i got the idea that Ichigo's father had used Final Getsuga Tensho and lost all his powers. He then recovered part of his powers and taught his son FGT in order to defeat Aizen. But it's still pretty effing weird that father and son dont talk more about that stuff...
I don't see how else he could have known enough about it to teach it to his son (unless neither of them were the first to have a -getsu Zanbato with Getsuga Tensho =/). Really though, who knows.
Old 2011-08-04, 17:30   Link #927
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I think his ties with Ryūken Ishida probably significiant part in things. We all know how the gotei like pushing things under the rug and say it never happen if they do not like it.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:37   Link #928
DemonsStilletto

I agree there as well. There is a long tie between them obviously. Could Ryuken have played a part in the recovery of his powers? Or maybe the opposite the loss? It is an interesting thought you have to admit.
Old 2012-01-28, 00:42   Link #929
4sak3nl0ve

Send a message via AIM to 4sak3nl0ve Send a message via MSN to 4sak3nl0ve
Isshin is Ichigo's mysterious father.
Old 2012-02-22, 23:19   Link #930
Blaze93

Well after reading the first two pages of this thread I think you guys are giving Isshin too much credit in his power. I don't think there's any way he could have been a high seat in SS because if he was so strong...why on earth couldn't he kill Aizen? I'm pretty sure Urahara could of killed him too if he wanted but maybe he didn't want too much attention brought to him? Isshin on the other hand is suppose to be Ichigos "father" so it would have made sense for him to kill Aizen for Ichigo instead of making him loose his powers. (Even though he gets them back, of course -.-)
Old 2012-02-23, 07:22   Link #931
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze93 View Post
Well after reading the first two pages of this thread I think you guys are giving Isshin too much credit in his power. I don't think there's any way he could have been a high seat in SS because if he was so strong...why on earth couldn't he kill Aizen? I'm pretty sure Urahara could of killed him too if he wanted but maybe he didn't want too much attention brought to him? Isshin on the other hand is suppose to be Ichigos "father" so it would have made sense for him to kill Aizen for Ichigo instead of making him loose his powers. (Even though he gets them back, of course -.-)
he deserved the credit
No one can kill Aizen it is like impossible he is immortal
Old 2012-02-24, 21:50   Link #932
itachi-san314

^agreed. also, isshin was a lot stronger than most of the captains during that aizen fight
Old 2012-02-29, 12:15   Link #933
DesuX2

As of the latest chapter,

Spoiler for Possible Spoilers:

Edit:
Spoiler for Spoiler 2:
Old 2012-02-29, 12:22   Link #934
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

where the hell are you getting your information from?! cause it sounds alot like sombody is messin with you.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-02-29, 12:29   Link #935
DesuX2

「I got the reference from Zombie Powder. The main character Gamma, uses black flames, has a teacher who supposedly died many years ago who taught his style to him. Furthermore, the main themes of the Zombie Powder storyline fit Aizen like a suit.

"How can you protect someone if you don't have the strength."

"Isn't it better to be hated than to be loved?"

Because if Kubo is recycling character designs from Zombie Powder, why not main themes as well? Because if this logic holds true, then Urahara and Aizen are both in cahoots with each other. The final confrontation was faked, similar to the way C.T Smith and Gamma faked their fight to lure the real enemy out.
Old 2012-03-01, 21:37   Link #936
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

i saw CT. and gamma there. *immadiatly thinks your refering to the "red vs blue" charaters, confusing me even further*

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2012-04-27, 15:03   Link #937
XLilaX

After two years I am back in this thread and we still haven't figured out who is Isshin. I haven't kept uptodate with the manga either - latest I've read was when Ichigo unlocked his full bring and looked like a Power Ranger.

Anyone wanna list all the possibilities so far and then we go through them?
Old 2012-04-28, 15:54   Link #938
Sunite

The fact that he fought against Aizen with Urahara and Yoruichi makes him important because they seem like a 3 man team... As though they were together for a period of time where they had coordination and played as a team etc...
Old 2012-07-14, 02:57   Link #939
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

maybe isshin is part of the shiba clan, thus explaining his power level (the clans of SS are known for there prowess as soul reapers) and maybe even head of it. this would explain the like faces of the chars, such as kaien and ichigo. i also think ganju and isshin share sillamar traits as well (thought not as obvious as with ichigo and kaien) perhaps maybe an uncle or even father to Kaien, Ganju, and whats her face. its also known that the clans and rich familes keep serects from the 13 court guard squads as well, so isshen could be That serect. also the shiba clan is also living outside the expected place to find a noble family in SS. i think he mearly went to the world of the living to battle a possiable band of remiaing quincys used the FGT, lost his powers and then begain to live life as a powerless soul in a gigai. then ment ichigo mom and got busy.
Old 2012-10-02, 17:04   Link #940
snakethzero

I think most of the ideas here are off, when isshin had appeared in the series he seemed to have just recovered his powers. Lets face it he never even released Engetsu into its shikai form unless its like Zangetsu which is always in shikai but why no bankai?? Either he held back on purpose to help his son gain power and become more mature or he was unable to tap his full power due to just getting them back.

Its my guess he is from the royal guard it would explain why the Gotei 13 has no knowledge of him being within they're ranks but I have a feeling the last arc is going to let everything out in the open.

Or it could just be that Isshin WAS a substitute like Ichigo and he had to use the final getsuga tenshou in the past to stop a powerful enemy and lost his powers as a result.

Either I cant wait to findout.
Closed Thread