AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-19, 02:59   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Touhou Project

First for those who haven't known:
Quote:
The Touhou Project (東方Project, Tōhō Purojekuto?), also known as Toho Project or Project Shrine Maiden, is a series of manic shooters made by Team Shanghai Alice whose sole member is Japanese game maker ZUN, who does all the graphics, music, and programming.
So basically, there is no official manga for Touhou Project (as far as i known) . However there are lots of fan drawing manga based on this game that are really cute, sweet (and occasionally hilarious) that i think it's worth to create a topic to share thoughts and discuss.

My favourite (so far) must be these two really beautiful, sweet and heartwarming from "Colourful Cube" :
- Orge and the Ice fairy
- Spring snow and flowery winter

Then since the cast contains all girls, i also found the joke they play on their relationship quite hilarious in these:
- "Comic Haiku theater" from Clash House
- "Dichromatic Butterfly " by Ennui Akadako (i only recommend the first half, the second not as fun as come too close to H border)
Old 2009-02-19, 03:05   Link #2
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Depend on how you define "official", there is one.
Quote:
東方儚月抄 ~ Silent Sinner in Blue is a manga drawn by Aki Eda and written by ZUN, serialized in the magazine Comic Rex since June 2007.
http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Sinner_in_Blue
Old 2009-02-19, 06:40   Link #3
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Depend on how you define "official", there is one.

http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Sinner_in_Blue
A really nice wiki there i admit.

I actually visited it once before but didn't remember its existences till now. Back then didn't have much time (and interests) to look at it as carefully as well

Thanks~~~
Old 2009-02-19, 22:26   Link #4
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

To tell you the truth, creating the thread to talk about more than thousands doujin is kind of hard to get people's attention, because it's not like everyone has read every doujin out there (except for some popular ones).
But the "Silent Sinner in Blue" is quite interesting in its own way. It has a laid back feeling, and everything just progresses slowly, not to mention sometimes ridiculous .

I also recommend the "Advent Cirno" series from One Night Stand for anyone who's a fan of both Touhou and Final Fantasy VII . It's fun to read, really.
Old 2009-02-20, 00:24   Link #5
Isekaijin

Don't forget the Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth series. Of all Touhou doujins I must say I like those the most.

I like also the Hole of Yago, Sougetsu-tei, VISIONNERZ_-_ and FLIPFLOPs doujins.
Old 2009-02-20, 06:28   Link #6
herbert

I would say Eastern and Little Nature Deity my favourite official series.

But, honest, do we really need a thread for it? I can hardly imagine I would still see this thread on first page after 3 days.
Old 2009-02-22, 09:50   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I would say Eastern and Little Nature Deity my favourite official series.

But, honest, do we really need a thread for it? I can hardly imagine I would still see this thread on first page after 3 days.
I personally found every post above me useful up to this moment through (and i do not purposely post this to prove your prediction wrong =D)

But it's true that it's hard to discuss too much about something that have thousand different authors. (I had doubt, when creating this, to have it in "Suggestion" or in "Manga" actually)