AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-25, 21:31   Link #321
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I'm pretty sure the coffin in the middle is a random button. The battle system doesn't seem like it can allow an odd-number of characters.
Doesn't look like a random select since the player went straight from beatrice to battler without touching the middle coffin. Usually if there is a random select option in GUI it will let you pick it and it would alternate until a random character is chosen.

Could very well be 4 hidden characters and the random select is used with a key stroke or button push.
Old 2010-11-25, 21:31   Link #322
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The cursor skips over the middle coffins. They aren't the random button. The ones on the side probably are.
.....Two random buttons.... both numbered?
Old 2010-11-25, 21:37   Link #323
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm thinking the random select here is holding a certain button ("start" if any). Two random buttons doesn't make sense. The middle coffins might just be a design.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Old 2010-11-25, 21:44   Link #324
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I'm hoping that the last 4 coffins aren't just for design/random spaces and are actually the only 4 characters in the Tea Party room stage that aren't confirmed to be playable. There could be an explanation as to why the middle ones look different from both each other and the other two. It could be design, but I really hope not.

Old 2010-11-25, 21:45   Link #325
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
I'm hoping that the last 4 coffins aren't just for design/random spaces and are actually the only 4 characters in the Tea Party room stage that aren't confirmed to be playable. There could be an explanation as to why the middle ones look different from both each other and the other two. It could be design, but I really hope not.
You mean Bern, Lambda, MARIA, and Gaap, yes?
Old 2010-11-25, 21:47   Link #326
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm going more for Gaap, Dlanor, Erika, and Goldsmith.

EDIT: or wait, since I'll avoid Chiru characters, it's Gaap, Goldsmith, George, Jessica.

Old 2010-11-25, 21:55   Link #327
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terras View Post
You mean Bern, Lambda, MARIA, and Gaap, yes?
Yes, yes I do. :3

I really want Lambda to be playable... not sure what moves they'd give her, but with Shannon's seagulls and Battler's groping I can see something silly like a giant paper fan or something for her. I don't expect her to be playable though, I'd just love if she was.

MARIA is my second choice. If she makes it in then I'll be happy.

Old 2010-11-25, 21:57   Link #328
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Okay, I have to ask. Why does everyone assume that Chiru is off-limits for this game? Just because Chiru characters weren't chosen as the main fighters (that we know of yet)? We've seen Zepar and Furfur in the opening and there is a good chance they are announcers. Not to mention all the Chiru characters and references in the backgrounds.

I think they are probably just looking at "Umineko" as a whole for this and what would be best to start out with, not splitting it into "Umineko" and "Umineko Chiru".
Old 2010-11-25, 22:00   Link #329
Terras

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
Okay, I have to ask. Why does everyone assume that Chiru is off-limits for this game? Just because Chiru characters weren't chosen as the main fighters (that we know of yet)? We've seen Zepar and Furfur in the opening and there is a good chance they are announcers. Not to mention all the Chiru characters and references in the backgrounds.

I think they are probably just looking at "Umineko" as a whole for this and what would be best to start out with, not splitting it into "Umineko" and "Umineko Chiru".
Well, I personally see this as a starter game, and Chiru can be added as an expansion. Notably, certain, rather important ep 1-4 characters are absent, Gaap, Goldsmith, MARIA, etc, and Chiru has a LOT of characters, more than just 2-3.
Old 2010-11-25, 22:02   Link #330
Cao Ni Ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post

Technically speaking, Furfur and Zepar have been there since episode two :P. I mean they could choose to have chiru characters but that would open a whole can of worms on drawing the line. For all we know it might have EP8 characters in it!
Old 2010-11-26, 00:25   Link #331
Terras

According to my friend who has 'inside info'...

There will be 3 secret characters, two being Bern and Lambda.

I personally don't believe this, seeing as I don't believe 'inside info', but my friend also isn't an Umineko fan...
Old 2010-11-26, 00:29   Link #332
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Why would a person who isn't an Umineko fan even be following this game in the first place?

Anyway, I'm not gonna push it and predict 3 or 4 new characters. My guess is at least the 2 GUARANTEED secret ones will be MARIA and Gaap.
Old 2010-11-26, 01:01   Link #333
Marion
The Great Dine

The two coffins in the middle are likely just for design, so I'm going to keep with the idea of two secret.

Hoping for Bern and Lambda or Jessica and George.
Old 2010-11-26, 01:32   Link #334
Terras

It bugs me that 7# is a blank coffin, yet all the other #'s are associated with characters.... It just seems odd to number it, yet leave it blank.
Old 2010-11-26, 03:22   Link #335
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Why would a person who isn't an Umineko fan even be following this game in the first place?
Same reason people who have never heard of Tsukihime play Melty Blood. They're avid fighting game fans.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:11   Link #336
Serpit

Today's update seems to be a manual of sorts.

http://07th-expansion.net/ogon/system/system.html

Sadly, no new video yet.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:14   Link #337
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The main site has the system page now, and banners. A 5th video showing off a Lucifer combo is also up.

Old 2010-11-26, 10:19   Link #338
Serpit

Ah, and there's also another short video, explaining the Metafield.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:25   Link #339
MarthX

A lot to translate today.
Old 2010-11-26, 10:31   Link #340
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

From the Lucifer combo video, it seems there is a dash cancel that uses up a full touch gauge.

Closed Thread