Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-27, 14:48   Link #441
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
BTW, in case you wondered these are the ages of the characters (don't know if it has been mentioned):
Ririchiyo, Karuta and Watanuki: 15
Soushi, Natsume and Kagerou: 22
Nobara: 21
Renshou: 17
Whoa, that's quite an age gap between Soushi and Riri - 7 years. If this was real life, there'd be a problem but this is anime...so who cares.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 15:09   Link #442
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Whoa, that's quite an age gap between Soushi and Riri - 7 years. If this was real life, there'd be a problem but this is anime...so who cares.
Why does a 7 year gap make a problem? My father was older than my mother by 7 years. My husband is older than me by 17 years.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 15:54   Link #443
sikvod00

It's not so much the age gap between two people that matters, but rather the age of the youngest person: Riri is 15. But again, like PreSage said, it's an anime and she looks fine in those knee-high stockings, so who cares.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 17:41   Link #444
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Why does a 7 year gap make a problem? My father was older than my mother by 7 years. My husband is older than me by 17 years.
Like sikvod00 said, it's because Riri is 15. If she was 20 and Soushi is 27, than that's not a prob. But he's 22 and she's only 15 - jailbait. Sorry, should have been clearer.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 18:27   Link #445
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Juliet is 13 and Romeo is about 16 or 17, so............

Btw, my aunt is older than my uncle by 12 years. They seem to care not. Till this day, I swear I could see shining stars out of their eyes whenever they look at each other. I say age doesn't matter. Love is everything!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 19:08   Link #446
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Maybe I should make my post even clearer...the problem with Soushi's and Riri's age gap (no, more specifically are their actual ages) in real life would be the law. Soushi would probably go to jail for hitting on Riri since she's under 16 (and he's over 18).

But this is anime, as I said...so who really cares.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 19:57   Link #447
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Maybe I should make my post even clearer...the problem with Soushi's and Riri's age gap (no, more specifically are their actual ages) in real life would be the law. Soushi would probably go to jail for hitting on Riri since she's under 16 (and he's over 18).

But this is anime, as I said...so who really cares.
You haven't seen anything yet...

In any case I'm not sure how much civilian law applies to their kind. Their families are extremely powerful and they live in more or less their own microcosm.

Also. I'd be totally down with a second season. It would be epic if they could get 2 cours, but I suppose if they compressed a bit they could make it to the end of volume 6 in one cour (considering they covered about a volume and a half this season).
Old 2012-03-27, 20:07   Link #448
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Man, DVD Volume 1 kicked ass - we may be looking at an S2. It's very surprising, because I've never been able to figure out who the target audience for this series is. Maybe it picked off a little of everybody.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 20:09   Link #449
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Man, DVD Volume 1 kicked ass - we may be looking at an S2. It's very surprising, because I've never been able to figure out who the target audience for this series is. Maybe it picked off a little of everybody.
The show does kick ass, so I wouldn't be surprised if the target demographic is indeed 'people in general.'

And my aunt got married when she was 14 to a guy in his mid-twenties, lol
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 20:32   Link #450
Kazu-kun

DVD:
5,917 Inu x Boku SS vol.1 Limited Edition

Blu-ray:
5,702 Inu x Boku SS vol.1 Limited Edition

Well, let's hope for a second season!!!
Old 2012-03-27, 20:40   Link #451
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Does it usually happen that if the DVD/BD sell well that the show would get a second season?

Anyway, I really hope InuxBokuSS gets a second season...hopefully a longer one. Although is there enough manga material for a decent second season?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 20:54   Link #452
Kazu-kun

It's interesting that it sold almost the same in DVDs and BDs. That indicates the show was popular amongst both otaku and fujoshi!

Quote:
Does it usually happen that if the DVD/BD sell well that the show would get a second season?
Not always, but there's always a better chance if it sells well.

Quote:
is there enough manga material for a decent second season?
Yeah, the anime goes up to chapter 9, but the latest manga chapter is 32, so there's more than enough material for another season.
Old 2012-03-27, 21:34   Link #453
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I noticed that breakdown too - and it fits the notion that this is that rare anime that has no true genre. It's full of bishounen, yet also has a ton of loli fanservice and a prominent yuri subtext. It's incredibly slow-moving and plot-free - almost perversely so - and the humor is extremely off-center and odd (which I like).

If a manga or anime doesn't fit the target for a specific demographic, sales are either going to be a complete disaster or a total surprise - I guess Inu x Boku managed to river an inside straight and steal the pot. I think AnoHana is another series that crossed traditional demographic boundaries, albeit with a lot more buzz and even greater sales.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 23:16   Link #454
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's interesting that it sold almost the same in DVDs and BDs. That indicates the show was popular amongst both otaku and fujoshi!
Uhh...stupid question here but how do you figure that out just by a split between DVD and BD sales?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2012-03-27, 23:21   Link #455
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Uhh...naive question here but how do you figure that out just by a split between DVD and BD sales?
the standard male otakus don't buy DVDs they get Blu rays (for exemple Ano Natsu sold over 6000 blu rays but just a few hundred DVDs top) so the large amount of DVD sales indicate not just otakus were interested.
Old 2012-03-28, 00:36   Link #456
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The manga is full of shoujo elements but it's serialized in a shounen manga, so probably something along those lines. I'm happy the sales are doing well, but not particularly surprised. Just hanging around Nico (where the official stream regularly hit 100k views) and Pixiv (where the fanart was pretty evenly split between the bishounen and bishoujo), it was pretty clear the show was popular in Japan.

Speaking of Pixiv, I should do an imagedump one of these days...

I'd get the US Blu-Ray release if I knew they'd be improving the translation... maybe I'll stick with buying the manga volumes... >> CR seriously needs to fire a person or two. This stuff should not be going on DVDs. *cough*Nichijou*cough*
Old 2012-03-28, 08:17   Link #457
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I'd get the US Blu-Ray release if I knew they'd be improving the translation... maybe I'll stick with buying the manga volumes... >> CR seriously needs to fire a person or two. This stuff should not be going on DVDs. *cough*Nichijou*cough*
You could answer that question right now by comparing TAN's stream versus CR's. TAN's streaming translation is what will likely be on the US release barring any final corrections. I haven't compared the episode translations, but I do know that TAN is translating the OP & ED songs. Every time a new episode is loaded on TAN, I go over and watch the ED because I really, really, really want to know what those lyrics are.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 09:30   Link #458
Ekureiru
神さま、ありがとう!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Ekureiru Send a message via MSN to Ekureiru
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
the standard male otakus don't buy DVDs they get Blu rays (for exemple Ano Natsu sold over 6000 blu rays but just a few hundred DVDs top) so the large amount of DVD sales indicate not just otakus were interested.
Why is it that I have a feeling that, perhaps, the fujoshi were also responsible for the ridiculous amount of BDs sold?

It wouldn't be surprising, given how they already over-inflated the sales for Gundam Seed's HD remaster.

Ekureiru - An entity commonly recognized by many as being on par with gods.
Last.fm | MyAnimeList | Pettanko Fansubs | Now with a degree in Yanderekology.
Ekureiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 10:03   Link #459
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
Why is it that I have a feeling that, perhaps, the fujoshi were also responsible for the ridiculous amount of BDs sold?

It wouldn't be surprising, given how they already over-inflated the sales for Gundam Seed's HD remaster.
It mostly depends on what choices they have. You rarely see BL anime like Sekaiichi Hatsukoi on BD cause they really don't care too much about stuff like glorious HD the way male otaku tend to. In Seed's case I'd say it's more of the fact that the HD remaster is on BD only (at least, I think so?) and thus they have to go for that if they want to support it. Besides, this being Gundam means it's fanbase is pretty diverse and large.

As already mentioned, InuBoku is this rare case of balanced BD/DVD sales. Had there been less emphasis/existence of the bishie factor in it, I'd presume the sales would've been more like it's current 5800+ BDs but maybe around 900 DVDs.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:42   Link #460
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
You could answer that question right now by comparing TAN's stream versus CR's. TAN's streaming translation is what will likely be on the US release barring any final corrections. I haven't compared the episode translations, but I do know that TAN is translating the OP & ED songs. Every time a new episode is loaded on TAN, I go over and watch the ED because I really, really, really want to know what those lyrics are.
I'll take a look, but CR's translation needs a lot of fixing. The translator clearly hasn't read the manga (or even the relevant Wikipedia page. Hell, I don't think they even know how to use Wikipedia. Or Google). I started turning subs off after episode 1, but I ask my friends about their translation now and then. Apparently at the end of episode 5 they translated Karuta's line 「蜻さま...好き」 as "I love Kagerou" or something? If that's true, then that alone should get the translator fired.

Hats off to TAN if their staff manages to make this script acceptable. But if I see a single "I'm bad" out of Watanuki, I'm leaving.

EDIT:
Spoiler for TL rant:

Last edited by Raiga; 2012-03-28 at 14:58.
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen