Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 22:54   Link #461
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Is that the reason why YOU think Himiko deserved what she got? Because you left out some things.

-just making sure I'm reading you as you intended-
No. That is why I think the girls think that way.

Having peaked a bit ahead, I can only say that if Himiko was that naive to believe her friend and his fellow bandmates were nice guys (Yeah, she was.), then being on that island is going to be a wake up call to what a nice guy really is like. Compared to how girls get their vengeance nowadays, being sent to that island was prob the least violent act of retribution that they could have done.

Being naive about the consequences of your actions does not excuse you from responsibility for an adverse outcome.

So anyways, you guys really need to move on.
Old 2012-11-15, 04:55   Link #462
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Having peaked a bit ahead, I can only say that if Himiko was that naive to believe her friend and his fellow bandmates were nice guys (Yeah, she was.), then being on that island is going to be a wake up call to what a nice guy really is like. Compared to how girls get their vengeance nowadays, being sent to that island was prob the least violent act of retribution that they could have done.

Being naive about the consequences of your actions does not excuse you from responsibility for an adverse outcome.

Highly disagree with the bold part. Landing up on an island where one has to kill not just one but seven??? ( killing even a one person is....)

It is not expected that you will fight a bunch of guys with just a teaser. What Himiko did by running is justified (iff she called for help afterwards). Just imagine what could have happened if even she was captured. The band guys would have exploited them again and again ( blackmailing and all...they were video-taping you know) Running for help does not mean that she did the wrong thing.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 05:40   Link #463
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:

Nah, I get what you're saying this time. I still believe that ordering someone to make someone disappear from the world is the same as ordering a hit. A sane person would just say "I never want to see you ever again."
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 07:51   Link #464
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Nah, I get what you're saying this time. I still believe that ordering someone to make someone disappear from the world is the same as ordering a hit. A sane person would just say "I never want to see you ever again."
Nah, sane people would have been more violent about it nowadays. It's high school after all.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:36   Link #465
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

People killing other people is normal in high school? What kind of world do you even live in?
Old 2012-11-15, 15:08   Link #466
Znail

Quote:

That is a pretty harsh thing to say, even more to rape victims. Talk about blaming the victim for being too naive. Yes, I do hope the girls will be more carefull, just like how Himiko are also more carefull around guys now.

Quote:
Okay, just this once.

She knew at least one of those guys. That was one of the reasons the girls got to the party in the first place. So it was suppose to be safe. Not a party in which the girls get beat up, drugged and filmed being raped. And...Himiko was the armed one so if she was there then they could have thought they would not have gotten raped. Lives were ruined over a party. We don't even know how the parents faired at work over this. (We won't ever because we don't live in Japan.) A lot of anger is going to be directed to the other person who got them into this mess which is Himiko.

You guys really need to let go and move on.
The guy was her neighbor, that hardly makes them close friends, but she did know him somewhat.

No the girls got to the party because they asked Himiko to ask the guys if they could meet them. It's true that if Himiko had not been neighbor with one of the guys, then they wouldn't have been able to ask her, but would have had to ask another girl to introduce them. But it's also true that if they hadn't asked for it then their wouldn't have been a party in the first place. Himiko is only guilty of passing the word between the girls and the band.

Yes, it was supposed to be safe, but Himiko had no more clues to it not being so then the other girls.

Himiko wasn't armed, she started to carry the stun gun after this event.

A lot of bad fallout for sure, but that doesn't change who are to be blamed for it.

The plain truth is that they are at least as much to be blamed for this as Himiko, wich isn't a lot, other then being naive. And as I said above, blaming a rape victim for being naive is rather harsh.

The only key difference between the other girls and Himiko is that she resisted and thus got away. And they obviously resent her for that, wich most likely has as much due to do with guilt over not doing so themselves as anything else.

Ah, there is one thing that might make Himiko more responsible and that is that she is a very pretty girl and thus might have inspired the senpai to organise the rape party in the first place. But I refuse to put blame on an attempted rape victim just due to her being a pretty girl.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 19:06   Link #467
bdragonomega

Response to Znail's post, very lengthy:
Spoiler for lengthy:

Quote:
Never! I must continue to write essays!
bdragonomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 21:44   Link #468
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Spoiler for for length - about the discussion on the last two pages:
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 23:34   Link #469
Seihai
スマイリウム

Guys, cool down with some bombs. The horse looked dead to me numerous posts ago.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-16, 01:30   Link #470
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Does Natsume have a serious case of Autophobia?
Old 2012-11-16, 07:00   Link #471
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.7
so now give sakamoto try to reason with ralf rip-off but don't give blah cause is warzone & oh got back in kira's lawyer has gone crazy lawyer.

tried to escape to later follow with taira finger chop & kidnap himiko as well so now sakamoto to rescue.

get the girl rescue, kaboom the crazy lawyer, as for rip-off ralf give tough person all it take gas bomb melt him away with combine time bomb cue kaboom.

now sakamoto & himiko are but yer evil host is watching it with secret viewers seeing it all.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:06   Link #472
chancs

New episode and the prince goes to save his princess
Old 2012-11-16, 09:15   Link #473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't get why mercenary dude didn't kill Taira while he was at his complete mercy. Nor why he didn't just kill Himiko on the spot rather than take her back to his hideout. I guess we can pin the latter one on his sadistic side, but I can think of any reason for him to spare Taira.
Old 2012-11-16, 13:49   Link #474
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think he's a killer in the traditional sense. He seems to enjoy battle more than anything. And does not shy away from killing people who piss him off.

Taira wasn't doing anything. Not opposing him, nor trying to put up a fight.

I guess he figured he could just come back for him after all was said and done.

Re: The dead horse: We have to make absolutely sure that the horse cannot return as a zombie.
Old 2012-11-16, 13:55   Link #475
Miraluka
Banned

@Kanon: A challenger seeker, guess why he taunts the MC to get the knive.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 14:54   Link #476
ookamigirl

Sakamoto & Himiko opening was nice.
So that stupid lawyer Natsume teamed up with Miyamoto.
That interesting team was pretty dangerous.
I wonder if Himiko was lying about not being Sakamoto's Himiko.
Rescuing Himiko was quite an ordeal..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 15:50   Link #477
Seihai
スマイリウム

I really like the fast pacing, it strengthens the non-stop action a lot and I think it's what this series is aiming for. Sakamoto and Himiko's relationship is so very lovely, it was kinda hilarious how they had that moment of embarassment seconds after the horror they went through.

Also for some reason Taira-san is less sympathetic than he was in the manga, or maybe it's just me but I just didn't feel much when he begged Sakamoto to stay.

Oh and I guess it's now safe to say that Tyrannos Japan is probably running this whole thing to score on stuck-up rich assholes with too much influence and/or immunity.

edit:
I find that Himiko's voice actor (Suzuko Mimori?) has been doing a great job thus far. Her voice has a kind of charm that doesn't really stand out but is really likable to me.

Last edited by Seihai; 2012-11-16 at 16:10.
Seihai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 18:09   Link #478
Byakou

The rape angle on himiko is annoying. It's a cheap and failed attempt at making her interesting. Her character is one-dimensional and cringeworthy. Pro tip for the author: stop watching hentai for character inspiration.
Sad thing is the show is pretty good apart from that one thing. However it comes up in every freaking episode.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-17, 00:07   Link #479
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I don't get why mercenary dude didn't kill Taira while he was at his complete mercy. Nor why he didn't just kill Himiko on the spot rather than take her back to his hideout. I guess we can pin the latter one on his sadistic side, but I can think of any reason for him to spare Taira.
He is enjoying his hunt for the kill. Too much killing in his life cracked his mind Taira was simply an annoyance to him and he knew that killing Taira will be like snapping fingers.
Spoiler for Himiko spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Sakamoto & Himiko opening was nice.
So that stupid lawyer Natsume teamed up with Miyamoto.
That interesting team was pretty dangerous.
I wonder if Himiko was lying about not being Sakamoto's Himiko.
Rescuing Himiko was quite an ordeal..
Spoiler for himiko:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I really like the fast pacing, it strengthens the non-stop action a lot and I think it's what this series is aiming for. Sakamoto and Himiko's relationship is so very lovely, it was kinda hilarious how they had that moment of embarassment seconds after the horror they went through.

Also for some reason Taira-san is less sympathetic than he was in the manga, or maybe it's just me but I just didn't feel much when he begged Sakamoto to stay.

Oh and I guess it's now safe to say that Tyrannos Japan is probably running this whole thing to score on stuck-up rich assholes with too much influence and/or immunity.

edit:
I find that Himiko's voice actor (Suzuko Mimori?) has been doing a great job thus far. Her voice has a kind of charm that doesn't really stand out but is really likable to me.
Gosh, how many other companies are involved with Tyrannos Japan
Old 2012-11-17, 02:03   Link #480
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm one of those who also thinks that it is indeed quite nonsensical for him to not to kill Taira right there. But like I mentioned in a much older post, one needs to apply a suspension of disbelief for quite a number of things in this series.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen