AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-04, 14:13   Link #4821
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetj View Post
Spoiler for 156:
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 14:35   Link #4822
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
First girl or not, it`s always the one who has the most development and influence with the protagonist, something different would feel like an ass pull and would not make sense.

I agree with that.

The moment the sencond girl gets so much development that it would make sense for her to be the ending girl, she becomes the maingirl, simply because she would get the most development.

All in all I can say that you guys are reading the wrong genre if you don't want predigtable plots. It's like people going to MC Donalds and then complain that it tastes always the same. I mean realy, really???

Nearly every romace story and especially shounen romance stories are cliche and have always been predigtable and they will always be predigtable. There is absolutely nothing that was not there, tvtropes is your friend. But if you want a more mature approach to romance, read seinen romance stories.

Spoiler for Here is the raw to chapter 156 for people who still care:
Actually, I stopped reading the genre due to this and KNIM. I was there in the beginning, though, so I would check in every now and then to see how it went. I haven't even touched Seo's new work Half & Half and in Sasuga puts out another manga, I won't go near that either.

As far as I'm concerned, the shounen romance drama genre is dead to me.

And even though they've always been cliche, it doesn't mean you always have to accept that they will be cliche. Just because something has been predictable in the past, doesn't mean you have to accept that same garbage in the future. Otherwise, nothing ever changes or evolves and you get stuck with the same old shit year in and year out. Just look at the Call of Duty franchise.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-04, 15:30   Link #4823
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
There's a lot of good romance comedy and other genres out there.
It just that once in a while shit like GE or KNIM shows up. At first it dazzles you with all this possibilities then it shits on itself and call it art, while devoted fans dance around praising it like god second coming. And you sit there in the corner wondering why the hell is it still published.

Heck I'm gonna fast read trough the last chapter just to laugh at sheer ridiculousness of this title/author. Might do the same with knim. Also its not like I need to repeat myself that I dropped both of those mangas long time ago, and just sometimes read the threads ^^.
Old 2013-01-04, 15:35   Link #4824
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Actually, I stopped reading the genre due to this and KNIM. I was there in the beginning, though, so I would check in every now and then to see how it went. I haven't even touched Seo's new work Half & Half and in Sasuga puts out another manga, I won't go near that either.

And even though they've always been cliche, it doesn't mean you always have to accept that they will be cliche. Just because something has been predictable in the past, doesn't mean you have to accept that same garbage in the future. Otherwise, nothing ever changes or evolves and you get stuck with the same old shit year in and year out. Just look at the Call of Duty franchise.
The problem here is that you scream for an innovative story but you don't want to see that no one can reinvent the wheel. Everything is cliche because there doesn't exist anything that was not there before.
Cliches are everywhere and there is nothing that can change that. It's just the execution of the chliches and how they are used which make a story good or ridiculous.
The story from Call of duty is just as much cliche-ridden like the story from Mario or any other game.

When I read shounen romance dramas with the fokus on drama. I know eactly what to expect. Soap Opera alarm.
When I read shounen romance comedies with the fokus on comedy. I know eactly what to expect. Silly and funny characters.
When I read shounen harem romance stories with the focus on harem. I know exactly what to expect. Many girls trowing themselves at the maincharacter.
And so on, and so on...
And unlike some other people, I don't make myself false hopes that a sidecharachter that I like will end up with the protagonist. If it happenes, it's great. But I won't get butthurt if that doesn't happen.
Genres exist for a reason, just like cliches exist for a reason.

In my opinion a good example of a really good shounen romance story would be Shingetsutan Tsukihime, but it's still full of cliches.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=511
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 15:38   Link #4825
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
In a shounen manga, the chapter when the hero gets together with the girl is the most important. You'll know if that girl is the end game from the way they get together. If choosing that girl empathizes his courage, the girl is the end game. On the other hand, if it shows weakness in his heart, then the relationship isn't going to last.

Again, that line was there to make it clear it wasn't meant to be, even if there was good chemistry between them.
Why are you so much into your shonen manga code serioulsly ? Do you know that's becasue of this kind of thinking that things doesn't change and get boring : It's like that because...it's like that...

Abuot the last chapter :
Spoiler for 156:
Old 2013-01-04, 15:57   Link #4826
Johnny
Working the bags...

Hehe, seen this spoiler on the Shou bit...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 16:31   Link #4827
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Why are you so much into your shonen manga code serioulsly ?
Because it IS a shounen manga. And it's not that I'm into it. I'm just explaining you how these tropes work. From now on you will be able to tell how these sort of manga develop and predict to some extent what will happen (provided you pay attention).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Do you know that's becasue of this kind of thinking that things doesn't change and get boring : It's like that because...it's like that...
No. People who read shounen manga know what to expect. This manga in particular got boring because it lacked character development and the drama felt cheap, not because it used shounen manga tropes. It is a shounen manga after all.
Old 2013-01-04, 19:23   Link #4828
DarkRaven
GOD

he treated her like trash and still they end up together? lol
oh well it seems like everyone got their good ending but what happened to the stalker guy?
DarkRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 19:32   Link #4829
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Finally! I can move one! Still, that kentoxshou ending
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:33   Link #4830
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Spoiler for 156:

Overall, to me it was an entertaining series, nothing too special but also not as bad as some vocal minority makes it out to be. It was one of the few currently running series that tried a realistic approach to shoroms, which means no comedy focus, harem or supernatural bullshit. The art was rather unique (at least I don't know a similar style) and of high quality, especially the facial expressions, which conveyed emotions better than any dialogue. Points of criticism for me are the nerve-wrecking (later on, deadening) drama pace and Yuki's passiveness in the 2nd half.

I, for my part, am looking forward to SK's next work.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 21:42   Link #4831
Diveman

I'm extremely pissed off about the shouxkento ending, fck this series, fck SK, fck Seiji as well.

Shou deserved better.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:07   Link #4832
Ddraig

I've been skip reading this since first 5 chapter. Guess it's time to go back and re-read all of it from start.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 22:16   Link #4833
Aesthetic Shampoo

I only gripe about the shouxkento. Other than that the final 2 chapters were great. Good ending indeed.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 23:17   Link #4834
Kazu-kun

I don't see what's the problem with Kento. It's not like Seiji was a lot better really. Kento was an asshole but Seiji was a freaking irresponsible guy. Both were pretty much trash, but both supposedly got better at the end.

More importantly, Kento was so guilt-ridden when he came back to Shou that I don't think he would ever cheat on her again. All in all, Shou got a pretty good deal there, probably even better than Yuki.
Old 2013-01-04, 23:22   Link #4835
Diveman

Shou is waaaay better than Yuki. Yuki was just an emo girl, who didn't know how to face her own stuff and came up with weird ideas and bad desicions about it.

In all fairness, Kento was pretty much a dick during the whole manga and still got a good ending. Seiji was good hearted during the whole thing and had to go through hell and back to get the good ending, Kento just sort of "got it"
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 23:30   Link #4836
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Seiji was good hearted during the whole thing and had to go through hell and back to get the good ending
Having a good heart means nothing if you keep screwing everything up. The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and all that.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
Kento just sort of "got it"
He wasn't a main character so we didn't get to see his redemption arc, but that's the magaka's fault, not his. Besides, he did suffer and accident.

No one deserved anything in this manga. All the character were pretty retarded, and only got "good endings" probably because the magaka needed to make the title relevant.
Old 2013-01-04, 23:46   Link #4837
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
He wasn't a main character so we didn't get to see his redemption arc, but that's the magaka's fault, not his. Besides, he did suffer and accident.
Or maybe he met a hot nurse in hospital and cheated with her on Shou again?

His character was a total dick so such scenario is more likely than him becoming a good guy for no reason whatsoever.

The irony is that the author never really showed Yuki getting over her sexual trauma.
Spoiler for Irony:

And Waven you are the vocal minority here.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 00:04   Link #4838
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Or maybe he met a hot nurse in hospital and cheated with her on Shou again?
Like I said, he was too guilt-ridden to do something like that again.

Quote:
His character was a total dick so such scenario is more likely than him becoming a good guy for no reason whatsoever.
But there was a reason. When he lost her he realized that he couldn't live without her. It's a pretty cliched reason but it fits this manga. lol
Old 2013-01-05, 04:20   Link #4839
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Like I said, he was too guilt-ridden to do something like that again.

But there was a reason. When he lost her he realized that he couldn't live without her. It's a pretty cliched reason but it fits this manga. lol
How do you know he wont be back to his old ways? Just that he feels bad at the moment doesnt mean he will feel the same tomorrow.

Guilt never last long with humans.

And in reality those who fucked up are likely to repeat that again and again. Shou's guy never showed that he can be a good guy, but he showed he can be a complete douche on multiple occasions, so I am supposed to believe that he will act something that I have never seen him act just because he is upset at that moment or believe that sooner or later he will be back to his old ways again because thats all what he showed?

Sorry but second possibility seems much more plausible and realistic.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 04:48   Link #4840
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:

And Waven you are the vocal minority here.
You obviously don't know what the term "vocal minority" means.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi