AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2007-02-17, 12:57   Link #21
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I love that game for the gamecube i beat the game about 3times. Now finally here I could get rid off horrible English voice of Llyod and many other out of my head.
Yeah sayonara the Demon Fang.
(We have "Croc de Démon" In French >_<)
I wonder imagine if the Same Group who composed for Op for PS2 and GC Game will sing for the OVA
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 18:04   Link #22
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

OP? Oh, you mean Starry Heavens that's exclusive to the Japanese release? Sucks that, especially when we got an amazingly orchestrated piece of music for the OP that blows the JP version out of the water. As long as it's something like the OP from ToP OAV it'll be fine, since that was a really nice song.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 19:07   Link #23
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Oh The Yume No hate
Yeah, this song more better than Starry Heavens
Old 2007-02-18, 17:33   Link #24
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Quote:
Now finally here I could get rid off horrible English voice of Llyod and many other out of my head.
Same here. I still can't get Collette's "Angel Feathers" off my head.
Old 2007-02-18, 18:31   Link #25
bicyclerace

Here´s the trailer, you can always trust youtube, for those who missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwLqmy8gVO4

Man, only 4 eps, maybe we can hope they´re like 45 min each?
bicyclerace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 21:11   Link #26
Morganchan
Gero?!

Quote:
I love that game for the gamecube i beat the game about 3times. Now finally here I could get rid off horrible English voice of Llyod and many other out of my head.
Yipes, does everyone hate the english voices? I found I liked them a lot, but then again I've never heard the original seiyuus. Do they not shout out their attack names in the Japanese version? *curious*

Anyway, getting back on track, I wonder what they'll do with character specific events and alternate paths? Things like...

Spoiler for Flanoir:

and if so...

Spoiler for After Flanoir:

Just throwing it out there. Also, regarding the soundtrack, would they end up re-arranging music from the game, or just compose more music especially for the OAV? I never saw the other Tales of OAVs (haven't played the games yet, and I'm spoiler concious), so I don't know what they did in the past.
Morganchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 21:34   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

if you are that curious, here is the trailer of the original japanese game. (as a side note, the song in the trailer is "Starry Heaven" from day after tomorrw, original opening for TOS NGC version (the PS2 version has another track of the same group))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGEjk62db3c

frankly, their original seyuu just beat the dub hands down. (kratos sounds a bit weird with his brutish voice at first, but frankly, he sounds truly more like a veteran and a... "you know who" to lloyd, while his english counterpart sounds too much full of himself.)

as for the content, considering how big the story is, the ova will probably focus on the beginning and some "slices of life" scenes within the group, before the first encounter in the tower of salvation (you know... an end like... "and so, they are continuing their journey to regenerate the world" etc etc, without spoiling what will happen in the tower and so on), especially that this trailer didn't show any tethe halla character at all.
Old 2007-03-07, 11:37   Link #28
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5720
Ok so Presea, Sheena, Zelos and Regal will be Here
The OP "ALMATERIA" by Eri Kawai and the ED "Negai" by Kaori Hikita
Old 2007-03-07, 12:52   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5720
Ok so Presea, Sheena, Zelos and Regal will be Here
The OP "ALMATERIA" by Eri Kawai and the ED "Negai" by Kaori Hikita
I knew they'd do that. Can't keep the opening that's already a proven winner.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 19:45   Link #30
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

What I'm really hoping for is a full series, so hopefully the OVA doesn't ruin the chance at that, because i really loved this game. In a way, it indirectly caused me to get into anime and such. (planting the seed you could say)
zoozoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 16:25   Link #31
Red Herring
SPARTANS

I also hope there is more than OVAs...like a 26 or 52 episode series. The game was big so I don't see how 4 OVAs could cover it.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 16:47   Link #32
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It won't happen, unfortunately. And if it did, I'd be very surprised. Tales of Phantasia isn't a small game (for when it was made) but that only got a 4 ep OAV as well.

Personally I'm expecting much the same as the ToP OAV. Some dramatic scenes in the first episode, followed by a jump to near the end where the gang visit Heimdall and are preparing to head to the final encounter. So basically a fanservice trip for us fans but nothing really substantial.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the gang animated and can't wait to see which summons/abilities/spells etc. they'll decide to incorporate into it.

/Radiosity wants to see Genis casting Indignation or even Indignant Judgement at least once.

Old 2007-03-19, 03:17   Link #33
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
It won't happen, unfortunately. And if it did, I'd be very surprised. Tales of Phantasia isn't a small game (for when it was made) but that only got a 4 ep OAV as well.

Personally I'm expecting much the same as the ToP OAV. Some dramatic scenes in the first episode, followed by a jump to near the end where the gang visit Heimdall and are preparing to head to the final encounter. So basically a fanservice trip for us fans but nothing really substantial.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing the gang animated and can't wait to see which summons/abilities/spells etc. they'll decide to incorporate into it.

/Radiosity wants to see Genis casting Indignation or even Indignant Judgement at least once.

If I recall the first episode ToP OAV started right near the end of Act II and ended at the beginning of Act III. That was the only episode I saw since I was pretty disgusted with how many important scenes they skipped over. We don't even see Cless and Mint's first meeting, Arche and Klarth's introduction, Malice, The gathering of the summons, or even much of the Midgard scenario (which believe or not was what was covered the most). I'm actually terrified as to what we'll see in episode 1 of this.

I figure we'll start somewhere around entering Meltokio and end off at the end of Disc 1. For those who haven't played the name Meltokio should mean nothing so I'm not marking it as a spoiler. Then episode 2 should take us to Tower of Salvation and the last 2 episodes will cover the final scenario.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 04:30   Link #34
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I figure we'll start somewhere around entering Meltokio and end off at the end of Disc 1. For those who haven't played the name Meltokio should mean nothing so I'm not marking it as a spoiler. Then episode 2 should take us to Tower of Salvation and the last 2 episodes will cover the final scenario.
Yeah, I'd pretty much agree that's the most likely route, though I guess they could still surprise us. Whether it'd turn out to be a good or bad surprise is a matter of conjecture though...
Old 2007-03-20, 05:25   Link #35
Red Herring
SPARTANS

I like how in the game you could choose with broad you wanted to be in love with. I dropped that wishy washy blonde like a hot grenade and hooked up with the ninja babe. Too bad in the anime Lloyd'll be with that dumb Colette...god I hope her voice isn't annoying but you just know it is going to be.
Old 2007-03-20, 05:29   Link #36
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Have you heard Colette's Japanese voice? Obviously not, or you wouldn't be saying such things. She's played by Nana Mizuki, who also played such roles as the awesome Fate in Lyrical Nanoha, Cisqua in Erementar Gerad, Wrath in FMA and the amazingly cute and adorable Lily-chan in Yoshinaga-san chi no Gargoyle.

Somehow I don't think she's going to do a bad job with Colette.

Incidentally, it's not who 'you're in love with', it's more your soul mate. Lloyd can end up having any of the 8 other characters as his soul mate if you know your way around the skits and other options well enough to get them.
Old 2007-03-20, 06:16   Link #37
Red Herring
SPARTANS

Well if she was Wrath on FMA then its all good.

You can't tell me though, that if you didn't know who the seiyu for Colette was going to be, you wouldn't assume she'd have an annoying voice. I mean, look at her character design, her personality in the game...it screams "overly cute to the point of nausea voice." Glad to see I'm wrong...or at least until I hear her interpretation.
Old 2007-03-20, 06:25   Link #38
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity View Post
Incidentally, it's not who 'you're in love with', it's more your soul mate. Lloyd can end up having any of the 8 other characters as his soul mate if you know your way around the skits and other options well enough to get them.
heh... but basically, without the "keep your affection" GRADE options, things are slightly more complicated to rescue Lloyd from Colette's grasps

Zelos and Presea are really a pain if you start the relationship with natural "0".

i'm rooting a lot for Lloyd and Colette match (though the English DUB destroyed a lot of their romance IMO), but it was really annoying to mash every negative answer to her, to have AT LEAST a small chance to get anyone else (Kratos, Genis and Sheena are easy. Regal and Raine are kinda average, and the last 2 aren't really a piece of cake, especially Zelos.)

for thoses Colette haters, well... her dubbed voice doesn't give her any justice, and it seems the translated version (or maybe the GC version?) didn't really pictured how deep and lovey-dovey Lloyd and Colette were at the very beginning.
Old 2007-03-20, 07:02   Link #39
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

It's not that difficult to get Presea or Regal (Presea in particular is easy as long as you keep colette low and make sure to get Presea's special events.) Zelos is tricky if you don't know the right options to pick to boost his affections, but still not that difficult. Not once in the 7 times I've played through the game have I kept the relationship scores

Incidentally, I turned the voices off immediately on my first playthrough and haven't turned them on since. I just knew instinctively that they'd suck badly as all dubs do, so I didn't even bother. I prefer to make up my own mind on how they sound anyway.

The only Japanese voice I wasn't keen on was Kratos, who sounds totally different to what I'd expect, and the rest sound different to what I'd expect as well, but not in a bad way.
Old 2007-03-20, 14:25   Link #40
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax
Did anyone link this trailer yet? Don't think I've seen it in the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQV2TR1-Eo

As for Kratos' voice, I had a look, heh. It is the same seiyuu as Gendou from NGE and Zaraki Kenpachi from Bleach. (lol!) So I can imagine he'd sound a bit rough, considering his looks. =P

I haven't played the game, but highly anticipating it anyway. I know of 2 groups planning to sub it, I kinda hope it won't be licensed before it finishes airing.

Anyone know more about the OP and ED? Tried searching for 'Eri Kawai' but it didn't seem to yield many results.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote