AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-10, 19:38   Link #41
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Holy shit, that was epic. Sabo is back, and is taking Luffy's place in the tournament! It kind of overshadows Koala's appearance, but I'm quite pleased with that as well.

Barto seems to have an odd sense of comradery, but it's not a bad thing. After all, Bellamy's ass was saved thanks to that. He may have taken a cue from insane rescues like Luffy's (going after Robin and Ace most prominently).
The toymaker + bodyguard might be hard to deal with. Hobby fruit is haxx, and the bodyguard is sure to be powerful. The plan to knock her out is a good one though, everyone who turns back will be up in arms plus possibly their loved ones that regain the memories of them.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:41   Link #42
seedspinner12

if Sabo is disguising himself as Luffy, does he have some sort of transformation df or something? But Bon Clay should have that sort of fruit already, perhaps something similar?

the 3 cup wines secretly told us about ace,sabo n luffy bond as brother.. so the bon clay theory totaly wrong
Old 2013-12-10, 19:53   Link #43
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Sabo was never actually shown... maybe we get trolled and it is someone else from the 3 brothers' past? Even though that is unlikely, who knows? It would not surprise me if that happened.
Old 2013-12-10, 19:54   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Now that I've calmed down over Sabo and Koala finally showing up (and how great of a job puberty did to Koala)...the highlight of the chapter for me really just had to be Barty!
I really am loving that guy, everything he does is either super funny or just surprisingly cool. I know I've been preaching the "New Crewmate should be female" for ages now...but I am willing to make an exception for Barty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedspinner12 View Post
if Sabo is disguising himself as Luffy, does he have some sort of transformation df or something? But Bon Clay should have that sort of fruit already, perhaps something similar?

the 3 cup wines secretly told us about ace,sabo n luffy bond as brother.. so the bon clay theory totaly wrong
Really? It isn't that hard to see that Sabo merely put on Luffy's clothes...you don't need a DF power to change clothes...
Old 2013-12-10, 20:20   Link #45
Casshern

I could so see Barto joining the comedy trio (Luffy/Usopp/Chopper) and making it a quartet, jamming sticks into their noses, gawking at Franky's gadgets and getting told off by Sanji after eating all his food. *sigh* Wish I could be on the thousand sunny
Old 2013-12-10, 20:38   Link #46
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Still recovering from the awesomeness... But why didn't Luffy just break out of the colliseum? The whole thing can't be made of seastone can it? And what does SOP stand for dammit!

I was also wondering why Robin didn't mention Koala after the story about Tiger Fisher, but it looks like she wasn't present when Jimbei was talking about that.
And ofcourse the big question is, what took Sabo so long to get in touch??

Anyway it looks like Rebecca might make it to the finals as well which would make it 3 allies of Luffy possibly banding together against Burgess & Diamante (assuming he'll still participate).

<3 Koala, hope to see her kick some ass too!
Old 2013-12-10, 21:28   Link #47
animeisinteresting

Plot twist, the new guy is not Sabo but another character from Lufft's past..
Old 2013-12-10, 21:52   Link #48
Slayerx

Chapters like this, are the reason why I avoid spoilers like the plague.
So. Freakin'. Epic. God I love this series
Old 2013-12-10, 21:57   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I think that was one of Whitemoon's 'theories'.
Let's not forget the Sabo = Kaido BS theory. Nice to see that nonsense put to rest.

-----

With Sabo now entering the tournament, it's probably going to come down to him or Burgess getting the fire fruit. That should be an interesting match up.
Old 2013-12-10, 22:54   Link #50
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Let's not forget the Sabo = Kaido BS theory. Nice to see that nonsense put to rest.

-----

With Sabo now entering the tournament, it's probably going to come down to him or Burgess getting the fire fruit. That should be an interesting match up.
Indeed.. i agree...
Old 2013-12-10, 23:50   Link #51
rpy1991

I'm so glad that the chapter came out pretty early.

It makes it so much more satisfying to not read spoilers
Old 2013-12-11, 00:08   Link #52
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeisinteresting View Post
Plot twist, the new guy is not Sabo but another character from Lufft's past..

Yes, surely the mystery person Luffy met was none other than the pirate Bluejam, who with a heavy heart filled with remorse decided to fight by Dragon's side after being saved by him, and...... and......

......pffft, AHAHAHAHAHA! Oh God, I can't even finish that, the idea's so utterly ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

I thought the common consensus was that Sabo was Doflamingo?
Old 2013-12-11, 00:39   Link #53
inulover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Hey guys, a translation is out now! And it's a decent one, at that (especially since it's NOT PANDA!). Whoa, I didn't expect Koala to be a fish-karate master. At least that proves my theory of a human mastering fish karate to be true, though! Also, I know this was addressed already, but Sabo's talk with Koala DEFINITELY implies his absence at Marineford:

Not exactly. Remember, Lafitte from Blackbeard's crew already explained that he went to Marineford ahead of the rest of the crew and hypnotized the guards into opening the gates. So that would have definitely left Sabo an opportunity to attempt a rescue, had he been there.....

Oh, and once again, I gotta say that I have mad respect for my man Bartolomeo:

Images
Barto-bro
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Edit: So I also guess that since Sabo's replacing Luffy in the tournament, then he'll be the one fighting Burgess (or maybe Diamante, even). Heh, it's cool that Oda managed to find an alternative method of continuing the tournament without having to interrupt it.

The Hobby fruit IS the toy power, lol.
umm no the orders Lafitte gave was for them to open the gates to any marine warships that were approaching hence why they stole a warship w/o permission, also how luffy and the others were able to get in. Shanks came on his own ship, only god knows how :/
Old 2013-12-11, 01:16   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Sabo is back (most likely someone we saw before during Robin's scenes), fighting as fake Luffy, and presumably beating the ... out of Blackbeard's man.

Koala appeared out of nowhere as a fishman Karate master.

So nice to see the Revolutionaries appearing at the dawn of a new era at another trouble kingdom. This time helping Luffy and the gang openly. Would love to see Doflamingo's face after he hears the two other forces joining the fight.
Old 2013-12-11, 01:21   Link #55
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This seals Doflamingo's destruction.
Old 2013-12-11, 01:29   Link #56
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Sabo is back (most likely someone we saw before during Robin's scenes), fighting as fake Luffy, and presumably beating the ... out of Blackbeard's man.

Koala appeared out of nowhere as a fishman Karate master.

So nice to see the Revolutionaries appearing at the dawn of a new era at another trouble kingdom. This time helping Luffy and the gang openly. Would love to see Doflamingo's face after he hears the two other forces joining the fight.
Well the bond with Fisher Tiger would make her learn karate.... or she stayed there long enough to know the basics, look for Jinbei and learn.
Old 2013-12-11, 01:51   Link #57
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

oh man... how many parties are involved in this mess now?

On the sea: Straw Hat Pirates, Yonkou: Big Mum Pirates, Warlord: Doflamingo Pirates (Ceasar only), Wano Country (Momonosuke only) [later on possibly: (Ex-)Warlord: Heart Pirates]

Colloseum: Royal Family faction, Warlord: Doflamingo Pirates, Independent Pirates with differing goals, Revolunionary Army (Sabo only)

Factory: Straw Hat Pirates, Royal Family faction, Warlord: Doflamingo Pirates

Palace and proximity: Straw Hat Pirates, (Ex-)Warlord: Heart Pirates (Law only), Marines, Revolutionary Army (amount of people unknown), Warlord: Doflamingo Pirates

Did I forget anything?
Old 2013-12-11, 02:31   Link #58
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I believe there's going to be a new crewmember for the strawhats after this arc, but even if not, what I love, is seeing Luffy steadily gaining a lot of support and influence in the new world. This chapter just added more. I can already see the epic panels in the final arc of thousands of people fighting for their new pirate king.
Old 2013-12-11, 02:51   Link #59
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh yes!!! SABO!!!!!
can't even predict he'll appear this soon

Sabo and Koala are in revolutionary army??!! oh my.... Jinbei will be overjoyed if he looked at Koala now
it's also explained why Sabo isn't appear until now

The way Oda revealed Sabo's arrival is epic.... Luffy's reaction is also quite plain...
yeah... Sabo will overtake Ace's will...
crazy chapter... can't stop describing the epicness of this chapter
Old 2013-12-11, 02:54   Link #60
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Well the bond with Fisher Tiger would make her learn karate.... or she stayed there long enough to know the basics, look for Jinbei and learn.
Hack, the fishman that took part in the tournament, was talking on the den-den mushi some chapters ago (maybe even last week, I lost count...)
There's the possibility of him being a revolutionary and Koala's master. She's just a substitute teacher afterall.
Aside from looking a bit like Nami (Oda should really let some of his assistants design female characters) Koala is HOT
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion