AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2013-01-20, 05:36   Link #1
Kudryavka

Non-English Fansub Translate from English or Japanese?

To Spanish (or any other language) fansubbers, do you usually translate from English subs, or do you translate from Japanese audio?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-21 at 05:19. Reason: removed comments in other language
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 11:32   Link #2
Cyprene

It's more common to take the English script and do a translation of it. Japanese to Spanish translators are far, far more rare than English to Spanish ones.
Cyprene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 13:24   Link #3
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyprene View Post
It's more common to take the English script and do a translation of it. Japanese to Spanish translators are far, far more rare than English to Spanish ones.
Thanks for the answer. I read spanish fansubs occasionally, and some seemed a bit weird compared to what I was hearing in japanese audio. That would explain.

Maybe Ill be a Japanese to spanish translator when im good enough. Are there that few? Or do english/spanish people just want to translate something and be done?
Old 2013-01-21, 14:19   Link #4
jfs
Aegisub dev

If you want to be of help, I think doing quality check work on English->Spanish translations, against the original Japanese, will be of the most use. It will certainly allow everyone to put out more things faster, at least.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-21, 16:08   Link #5
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
If you want to be of help, I think doing quality check work on English->Spanish translations, against the original Japanese, will be of the most use. It will certainly allow everyone to put out more things faster, at least.
No, I'm not that good enough in Japanese yet. But I do plan to do visual novels one day.