Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-06-17, 16:28   Link #1
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

My First Vender !!

ok be with me this is my first time ever makeing a vender idk how good i am or not but here is my verry first vender:

Spoiler for My First Vender:

and can you rate it i think ill rate it myself also 1-10 i give myself a 4 right now but what u think ?

Last edited by denkikoiji; 2007-06-17 at 17:36.
denkikoiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 17:07   Link #2
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkikoiji View Post
and can you rate it i think ill rate it myself also 1-10 i give myself a 6 right now but hat u think ?
Hmmm, let's see...

-The first thing I noticed is that you forgot to inlclude all the shadows on her skin; Wich also happened to include the shape of her nose (wich is given by the shading in this case)

-If you look carefully, you'll also notice that the shadows on her shirt are not outlined with black; They follow a line, but it is one given by the color and shape of the shadows themselves. (btw, this also applies to all the shadows on her hair)

I usually blur the shadows, but that's just my way of doing things.

-In the original, you can see that both eyes are similar, whereas in you work, they actually look very different from one another.

-Oh, and dont forget to remove the original once you are ready to finish your work; By looking at some of the edges, I can be almost certain that the original crop is still below your work.

And that would be all. Hope that didn't sounded too rough. I am just trying to help you with a bit of feedback here. >_< !!

Cookie for your first piece ever!
Old 2007-06-17, 17:13   Link #3
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

i know there outlined in black but that how it did it at first i dident know how to do this right but now after i did this i found out i did the outlineing wrong i did it all in one path not with individgule paths but i did do a cupple though but i see i should have just did it right i just found a tut on doing venders so now i see alot i did wrong ...

i was wondering wit one of your work's :
Spoiler for vender:

how did u do the shadeing where it look's like it was air brushed unlike when i did it it looks like a lie filled in.

Last edited by denkikoiji; 2007-06-17 at 17:45.
denkikoiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 18:34   Link #4
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Erm... what's a vender... o_O
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 18:57   Link #5
KeybladeMaster
PaniPoni Member

you see the two images up there? the second one is a vender made from the first one.

Well, daniel already told many facts about the first one, mostly want to tell you about the lines you used to separate colors in the t-shirt.

anyway, about that hair thing you say... you could try to color with three diferent colors (the enlighted part, the normal color of the hair, and the hair that gets the shadow side)
Old 2007-06-17, 21:05   Link #6
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkikoiji View Post
how did u do the shadeing where it look's like it was air brushed unlike when i did it it looks like a lie filled in.
I use the Blur tool for all my shading (a lot of people dont like to use it, though) and use different colors on different layers with different amounts of blur for each one.

Mind you, the blur tool is not perfect, and it makes the whole shading process a little more complicated.

Anyway, looking at my old stuff is quite the trip.

Everything seems so dark in some of those traces.
Old 2007-06-17, 23:24   Link #7
scyth3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeybladeMaster View Post
you see the two images up there? the second one is a vender made from the first one.
I think its called vector

Pretty good for your first vector... i'd give you 7/10
Your first vector is probably better than what i can do...lol
Old 2007-06-19, 06:44   Link #8
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyth3 View Post
I think its called vector

Pretty good for your first vector... i'd give you 7/10
Your first vector is probably better than what i can do...lol
vender could be some sort of merging vector with render... getting vector render or shortend vender. On the other side: Noun 1. vender - someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money.
Maybe not the best choice to have a technical term with non-technical second meaning.
vector render describes most exactly what it is. It is not a vector, since in the provided graphic everything is pixel graphic (no vector graphics anymore). Render is a very broad term, that also applies for the result of projecting 3D elements input in a 2D pixel graphic output.

@denkikoiji,

You should use splines or bezier curves instead of straight lines, and for shades maybe in the color of the shade (or very very thin if it has to be black, so they can be easily overdrawn later). Imo, only outlines should be drawn stronger.
Old 2007-06-19, 08:21   Link #9
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Hmm... thanks for the explanation Jinto!

I thought vector was already a portmanteau... Not sure... ^^
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 22:05   Link #10
denkikoiji
Oniai loveru!
*Graphic Designer

lol idk where i came up with vender lol i was rendering an image then i vectored it and i called it a vender lol but yah thx 4 all the info ^_^, well im gonna do it over again and see if i can make it look better this time ^_^ hope i can do a better job on it the 3ed time around