3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 08:16   Link #41
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

I actually visited this thread this morning. What really caught my attention are the ratings people have given this episode. I've never seen so much 10's.

And after seeing the episode, wow, this episode really deserves a top score. Not because there were a lot of casualties, but this was the first episode in both seasons that made me so emotional. I really felt so sad for Satoko...
Old 2007-08-03, 08:52   Link #42
Kazuki_Kun

Wow, one of the greatest episodes ever. o_o; very emotional. I have one question though, don't read if you dont want possible big spoilers x_x;

Spoiler for the nurse:
Old 2007-08-03, 09:08   Link #43
Mystearika

i really liked the ep

deen has done a good job on this arc, cant wait to minagoroshi

ohh i felt really sorry for riika this whole arc, its not a wonder dark rika is so bitter, and pesimistisk.

and poor satoko

in the next arc i hope there more keiichi, hes a pretty cool char,

hope they animate his past
Old 2007-08-03, 09:11   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
Spoiler for the nurse:
Spoiler for nurse:
Old 2007-08-03, 09:31   Link #45
JokerD

And Ooshi once again proved that his useless other than being a intimidator of children. And this time it's a comatose one.

Just a thought that Rika doesn't know what comes after her death (she's dead after all) and so thinks that if she dies, everyone else gets saved. Which is not the case. And everyone 'follows' her to the next world.
Old 2007-08-03, 09:33   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ That is not quite correct. Ooishi proved to be extremely sharp with various point. In Reunion and this episode, various points are extremely important an make sense. (as far as we can see, his theory about Rena is quite personal. the rest is just oblivious to why Rena's hat was in such place)
As for his actions towards Satoko, it isn't really an harassment, but to make her snap out of her "vegetable state".

as for the other statement, it is really hard to determine. In episode 4, she said she will die then everyone will die. but indeed, she believed satoko will survive if she stay like this. that means a lot of points aren't really available for Rika's knowledge.
Old 2007-08-03, 09:39   Link #47
Kazuki_Kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for nurse:

Spoiler for nurse:
Old 2007-08-03, 09:45   Link #48
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
as for the other statement, it is really hard to determine. In episode 4, she said she will die then everyone will die. but indeed, she believed satoko will survive if she stay like this. that means a lot of points aren't really available for Rika's knowledge.
Such as what happens after she dies.

I think it's safe to assume, at this point, that we already know much more about the events that surround Rika than rika herself. One example is Onikakushi-hen. If you notice, rika isn't present at all, and so, is a little oblivious to what's happening with Keichi. Another example: Tatarigoroshi-hen. Though she is more present, and seems to know many things, ultimately she doesn't know about Keichi's real dillema.

Speaking of Tatarigoroshi-hen, in that arc,

Spoiler:

Also, good job on noticing that small hint about the fumigation on episode 26! IT cleared up a thing (or two) about

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 10:13   Link #49
Garet Linegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
Also, good job on noticing that small hint about the fumigation on episode 26! IT cleared up a thing (or two) about

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 10:13   Link #50
Kryptik

I'd been lurking here for a while since I started watching the first season of Higurashi, all up to Kai.

This is the episode that made me register.

What can be said except Holy Jumping Monkey Crap... Even though I spoiled myself earlier on what happened, watching the actual episode still sent shivers through me in a way I hadn't felt since Onikakushi-hen and Watanagashi-hen. Wrought emotions, tragedy, and the pain of seeing a little girl struggle against the impossible, only for the overbearing forces to crush down on her before the truth can be told. Point by point...

1) Rika resigning herself to her fate just so Satoko can live (however misguided) made me cry. Just her sad "We'll see each other in the next world..."...

2) The sheer horror Satoko shows at finding Rika murdered, then seeing the aftermath of the Disaster....cripes. How much crap can you put a little girl through? Seriously, why are the chibis the ones that get the crap end of the world stick here? ;_;

3) The answers. Oh lord....

Spoiler:

4) Finally...I'm not sure how, but despite the general lack of blood or visual killings, this ended up feeling the most gruesome and unsettling of all the chapter climaxes so far. Not only Satoko's reaction to finding Rika, but the school. God, those are expressions to burn into your head....

I literally don't think I have the patience to wait for Minagoroshi to start now.
Old 2007-08-03, 10:18   Link #51
Kryptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post

Spoiler:
Not so sure about that.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 10:21   Link #52
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Linegod View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 11:06   Link #53
NH1976

I doubt Rena could have made up a fumigation story. Even tough it make some sense, she couldn't have made a phone call to anyone in the school without her voice being recognized.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 11:46   Link #54
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptik View Post
2) The sheer horror Satoko shows at finding Rika murdered, then seeing the aftermath of the Disaster....cripes. How much crap can you put a little girl through? Seriously, why are the chibis the ones that get the crap end of the world stick here? ;_;
Not to mention the crap that Satoko went through prior to this: being ostracized by the villagers of Hinamizawa, living with an abusive uncle and aunt, her beloved nii-nii onikakushi'ed...perhaps the most strongest person in Higurashi might be Satoko.

Quote:
What can be said except Holy Jumping Monkey Crap... Even though I spoiled myself earlier on what happened, watching the actual episode still sent shivers through me in a way I hadn't felt since Onikakushi-hen and Watanagashi-hen. Wrought emotions, tragedy, and the pain of seeing a little girl struggle against the impossible, only for the overbearing forces to crush down on her before the truth can be told. Point by point...
See, this is how the first season of Higurashi should've played out. Not some degenerate remarks of "Killer lolis WTF LOL" or some misconceptions of Oishi = Mr. Delicious (whomever made this remark should be drug out to the street and shot as well). The sense of Kei's helplessness wasn't captured well in the anime version of Tatarigoroshi, but they managed to rejuvegnate it via Satoko in this season's Yakusamashi.

So far, the first five episodes were outstanding as they were new episodes that even game players can applaud for because of it's originality. Now here comes the part where DEEN will need to make their biggest impression - Minagoroshi-hen. Will they be able to provide the ambience of hope, despair, bravery, emotive praise, prospectiveness, and finally - vexation? If sincerely hope they can portray Minagoroshi in a manner that brings the anime viewers the same emotional response as game players had gone through.

Altough, I can already foresee that the anime will be grasping everyone's attention as we Hanyuu making her first visual appearance (aside from the OP and ED) wwww

Last edited by kj1980; 2007-08-03 at 12:12.
Old 2007-08-03, 12:02   Link #55
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Not so sure about that.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-03, 12:03   Link #56
sasuke13
Jyuunana Bunkatsu

Send a message via AIM to sasuke13
I agree with Ooishi at the end, that WAS f---ed up xD
Old 2007-08-03, 13:02   Link #57
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for .:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post

Spoiler for the nurse:
Spoiler for nurse:
Old 2007-08-03, 15:42   Link #58
Ishikawa Minoru

All things considered Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has, among other more important things, lolis who kill. In that regarding, it's a pretty straight forward and not so technically wrong description of the show.

On the other hand, I too feel anyone who watches the show just to see them wreck havoc is very simple minded. In fact, while I do feel sorry and some sympathy for Keiichi, Rena and the gang, I actually feel closer to someone else...because I can understand the way it thinks (for those not in the know, I used 'it' because I didn't want to reveal the gender of the person I'm referring to).
Old 2007-08-03, 15:43   Link #59
Omfgbbqwtf

Great episode... and to answer the question regarding why so many people are present at school, this is what i think....

I think it was the "soldiers" who put the bodies in the classroom (since the school has the largest room to contain all the bodies) in order to count how many casualties there are.
Old 2007-08-03, 16:03   Link #60
BakaOnna

Dang that episode owned. What a rollar coaster of emotional goodness. 10 from me.

Anyway, I never really gave thought to the fact that Keiichi's "heart failure" death in Tatarigoroshi-hen may not have been actual heart failure. At least, that's what I got out of this episode.

Also, about the nurse:
Spoiler:
Closed Thread