AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Code Geass Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero 971 67.43%
Suzaku Kururugi 230 15.97%
C.C. 835 57.99%
Karen Stadtfeld 550 38.19%
Nunally Lamperouge 167 11.60%
Shirley Fenete 215 14.93%
Milly Ashford 175 12.15%
Rivalz Cardemonde 44 3.06%
Nina Einstein 26 1.81%
Lloyd Asplund 216 15.00%
Cecile Croomy 108 7.50%
Cornelia Li Brittania 195 13.54%
Euphemia Li Brittania 216 15.00%
Jeremiah Gottwald 125 8.68%
Viletta Nui 104 7.22%
Diethard Lied 75 5.21%
Shinichirou Tamaki 22 1.53%
Sayoko 74 5.14%
Kyoushirou Toudou 62 4.31%
Clovis La Britannia 38 2.64%
The Emperor 54 3.75%
Authur (the cat) 165 11.46%
Kaname Ougi 41 2.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-25, 23:35   Link #241
KrimzonStriker

A lame joke right? I think the joke was not merely a joke, but the kind of thing which Lelouch would have needed to ruin the SAR, as he used the whole 'shoot me" example before that. I thought of it merely as one of his over analysis side coming up with a situation that would have been benificial to him, which is really just the fault of being too smart I guess

In any case, Suzaku's crossed a line himself at this point, so what it really comes down too right now is who pulls the trigger first. This debate is over then I think
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 02:48   Link #242
Gotank
Evil Chewy Thing

It may seem rather cruel to take advantage of the accident and use Euphie's actions for his cause, but essentially Lelouch did the right thing. A brilliant strategist and military mind must look past the emotions involved with the incident and judge all the possible actions based on which would yield the best results.
Gotank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 04:23   Link #243
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
Yeah I can see that conversation going over real well.

Suzaku: Before that you should have joined up with Euphie.

Lelouch: Oops, ah man that was an accident, you see the supernatural Geass ability suddenly became permanent as I joked about killing all the japanese people. So....yeah friends again?
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:07   Link #244
KrimzonStriker

Like I was saying I thought it more an example of what Lelouch had thought up at the time to ruin the SAR, instead of an actual joke. The fact that he chose the 'shoot me instead' route intentionally speaks of his willingness to sacrifice himself instead of others if he can. Still, this leaves the point that he did probably think about using Geass in that fashion, because I find it hard to believe he came up with that kind of 'joke' that was so convenient for his situation
Old 2008-02-26, 14:38   Link #245
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He probably considered it but thought it to be too extreme of a measure. He wanted to discredit her, not harm her. He also probably said that example because it was something he thought ludicrous to order at that point.

I wonder how he felt about all those Japanese decrying Euphemia the way they did when her actions weren't her fault.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 14:42   Link #246
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
He probably considered it but thought it to be too extreme of a measure. He wanted to discredit her, not harm her. He also probably said that example because it was something he thought ludicrous to order at that point.

I wonder how he felt about all those Japanese decrying Euphemia the way they did when her actions weren't her fault.
"Even if she'd hate me for it, this is now the only way to give her death meaning and realize the dream of her and everyone else who died here."

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-02-26 at 16:37.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 15:03   Link #247
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I can only imagine how bad he feels about all that. Still, he had to do something and saying what really happened could not of had a good effect. I think that may come back to bite him though, since the truth will likely come out eventually.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-02-26, 17:31   Link #248
KrimzonStriker

Truth already came out if Suzaku pointing a gun at him wasn't enough And it may or may not come into play during the trust issues between Kallen and Lelouch, depending on how much she could decipher from their conversation... But since the general public doesn't believe in mystic command rendering eyes, I doubt it'll ever spread beyond that...
Old 2008-02-26, 18:04   Link #249
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well I think the Order will find out some how. It won't really matter how he did so much as the faact that it was his fault it happened.

Old 2008-02-26, 18:07   Link #250
KrimzonStriker

Yes, mind control powers are so easy to believe in, Euphemia yelling 'Can all the Japanese please die?" is really within the realm of typically possible manipulation... there not going to buy it without proof, besides their probably already mad at him enough after he abandoned them in Tokyo, they don't need Euphie to hold a grudge...
Old 2008-02-26, 18:10   Link #251
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

If it came out in a convincing way though, would Lelouch deny he was responsible? No one ever yelled at him that he was responsible after all or questioned if he was.

Old 2008-02-26, 18:12   Link #252
KrimzonStriker

No one did the same thing when Diethard brought up the possibly orchestrated demise of the Japanese liberation front, and their not going to if they know what's good for them
Old 2008-02-27, 07:50   Link #253
ShinigamiKael

I would definetly go for lulu... and hell to Suzaku the damn traitor, the character i hate most in this anime :P
ShinigamiKael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 08:26   Link #254
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

I like Suzaku.
No, let me change that, I like what Suzaku does to drive the plot and the way he looks he will be as the antagonist in season 2.

Kira with Lacus dead by Athruns hand...... oh I love what will happen to Suzaku's mind when he realises Lelouch is still alive- maybe he will get the nickname Tangerine-kun in his screams of ZEROOO!
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 20:53   Link #255
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post
Seriously, I fail to see how anyone could like both Lelouch and Suzaku. Everything about them are completely opposites. Ethnicities, moralities, philosophies, strengths, personalities... The fact that they unknowingly oppose each other for the majority of the series makes it even less possible to not take a side.
Not really, I actually like both. Or rather I support Lelouch but I don't hate Suzaku.

I can't really understand all the Suzaku hate. Yeah he is kinda choosing a bad path, and he's nowhere near the hero of love and justice he thought he was, but he's not really an "evil bad guy"

People wanted him to fight for Japan and not Britannia. However its just not in his personality to be a terrorist (which till Zero came along was pretty much what the rebellion was) But he felt he had to do something so he joined Britannia in the hopes of gaining good karma for what he lost for killing his father (which was also kinda bad but he was what 10 when that happened? He was a freaking kid and it seemed like a heat of the moment kinda thing) since he was very good at fighting.

People think he's so bad for refusing to help Lelouch save Nunally at the end of season 1. That he only cares about avenging Euphie and not Nunally. You seem to forget that he doesn't know the whole story about what happened. For his point of view Lelouch has been lying to him the whole time, said he was going to help Japan against Britannia, then made his own sister start a slaughter of the people he said he was helping. In other words for all he knows Lelouch is just a psychotic nutjob that's backstabbing everyone including his own guys for whatever plan he has. He might kill Nunally too, he certainly didn't hesitate in killing his other sister. You might think "But Lelouch wouldn't do that! He loves Nunally!" But Suzaku hasn't seen Lelouch's inner monolouges like we have. He just knows that everything he's thought he knew about the man is a lie. He says he certainly will save Nunally, but Lelouch will be not be coming with him. He doesn't plan on letting Lelouch near her or anybody else ever again. Suzaku thinks Lelouch is this inhuman monster who cares about noone, and all because of the fact that he doesn't know Euphie's Geassing was an accident. The fact that Lelouch doesn't even try to explain himself but just stands there looking evil doesn't help matters, nor does the fact that Kallen (who was so devoted to Zero) is freaking out and Lelouch doesn't seem to care.

People say Suzaku's plan (join Britannia and try to change it rather than crushing Britannia) is stupid and won't work. Well apparantly he's doing alot better than Lelouch is. Suzaku's gotten the respect of several important Britannian soliders and people, most importantly Cornelia and proving to them that numbers aren't as inferior as they thought. He's gotten a very important military position and is quickly climbing the Britannian ladder. Lelouch on the other hand had his whole plan fail spectacularly when he made a selfish move (abandon all the BK and Japan to go get his sister) and now has most of his key people arrested and he himself is now mentally back to square one or worse depending on how the bad the Rollo thing is.

Plus the cat likes Suzaku now. Interestingly he hated him when he had his fake persona eariler but now that Suzaku's thrown that away Arthur warmed up to him pretty quickly. Perhaps a hint that the new Suzaku might actually be a better person now that he's being true to himself rather than just doing what appeared to be "good" to others.

Anyway I'll probably get flamed for this but I actually don't mind Suzaku. Unlike many who want him to be killed horribly with Lelouch kicking, spitting, and then taking a dump on his cold dead body with his face forever frozen in an expression of torment. I actually think that if he's ever forced to actually have a talk with Lelouch they can possibly mend their broken friendship (though it will probably never be as strong and they will never look at each other the same way again) or at least end the series with both of them alive and more or less having a positive ending.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 21:42   Link #256
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

From Taniguchi's comments, Suzaku isn't really going to become a better person, just one who is more honest with himself. That is a plus I suppose. And all Suzaku's actions do is really show that he is worth something. While we did see that it inspired some Japanese people, it seems doubtful they would be able to go anywhere close to what he was able to get. Of course, hope is a very positive thing. Meh, I don't know anymore.

And Lelouch will probably never explain the truth to Suzaku. One is that Suzaku would certainly not believe him and two is that that would be a way of justifying her death which isn't something I can see Lelouch doing. He knows it was wrong.

I wouldn't mind Lelouch and Suzaku mending their relationship somewhat myself. If they could at least het to the point where they could be in the same room without killing each other, I would be satisfied.

Old 2008-02-28, 05:50   Link #257
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Not really, I actually like both. Or rather I support Lelouch but I don't hate Suzaku.

I can't really understand all the Suzaku hate. Yeah he is kinda choosing a bad path, and he's nowhere near the hero of love and justice he thought he was, but he's not really an "evil bad guy"

People wanted him to fight for Japan and not Britannia. However its just not in his personality to be a terrorist (which till Zero came along was pretty much what the rebellion was) But he felt he had to do something so he joined Britannia in the hopes of gaining good karma for what he lost for killing his father (which was also kinda bad but he was what 10 when that happened? He was a freaking kid and it seemed like a heat of the moment kinda thing) since he was very good at fighting.

People think he's so bad for refusing to help Lelouch save Nunally at the end of season 1. That he only cares about avenging Euphie and not Nunally. You seem to forget that he doesn't know the whole story about what happened. For his point of view Lelouch has been lying to him the whole time, said he was going to help Japan against Britannia, then made his own sister start a slaughter of the people he said he was helping. In other words for all he knows Lelouch is just a psychotic nutjob that's backstabbing everyone including his own guys for whatever plan he has. He might kill Nunally too, he certainly didn't hesitate in killing his other sister. You might think "But Lelouch wouldn't do that! He loves Nunally!" But Suzaku hasn't seen Lelouch's inner monolouges like we have. He just knows that everything he's thought he knew about the man is a lie. He says he certainly will save Nunally, but Lelouch will be not be coming with him. He doesn't plan on letting Lelouch near her or anybody else ever again. Suzaku thinks Lelouch is this inhuman monster who cares about noone, and all because of the fact that he doesn't know Euphie's Geassing was an accident. The fact that Lelouch doesn't even try to explain himself but just stands there looking evil doesn't help matters, nor does the fact that Kallen (who was so devoted to Zero) is freaking out and Lelouch doesn't seem to care.

People say Suzaku's plan (join Britannia and try to change it rather than crushing Britannia) is stupid and won't work. Well apparantly he's doing alot better than Lelouch is. Suzaku's gotten the respect of several important Britannian soliders and people, most importantly Cornelia and proving to them that numbers aren't as inferior as they thought. He's gotten a very important military position and is quickly climbing the Britannian ladder. Lelouch on the other hand had his whole plan fail spectacularly when he made a selfish move (abandon all the BK and Japan to go get his sister) and now has most of his key people arrested and he himself is now mentally back to square one or worse depending on how the bad the Rollo thing is.

Plus the cat likes Suzaku now. Interestingly he hated him when he had his fake persona eariler but now that Suzaku's thrown that away Arthur warmed up to him pretty quickly. Perhaps a hint that the new Suzaku might actually be a better person now that he's being true to himself rather than just doing what appeared to be "good" to others.

Anyway I'll probably get flamed for this but I actually don't mind Suzaku. Unlike many who want him to be killed horribly with Lelouch kicking, spitting, and then taking a dump on his cold dead body with his face forever frozen in an expression of torment. I actually think that if he's ever forced to actually have a talk with Lelouch they can possibly mend their broken friendship (though it will probably never be as strong and they will never look at each other the same way again) or at least end the series with both of them alive and more or less having a positive ending.
I agree with you completely !!!!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-28, 06:19   Link #258
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotank View Post

Seriously, I fail to see how anyone could like both Lelouch and Suzaku. Everything about them are completely opposites. Ethnicities, moralities, philosophies, strengths, personalities... The fact that they unknowingly oppose each other for the majority of the series makes it even less possible to not take a side.
i like them both =3
i like both of them because they are opposites and completely different yet are simulair in a way as well

Aquaman you are not alone XD

i can understand all this Suzaku hate, but if you look at it from his perspective then it makes perfect sense
his reason for fighting, not only to change Britannia but so that he can protect Lelouch and Nunnally..
Then Euphemia who was taken from him and killed in front of his own eyes..
then figuring out that it was in fact hsi best friend who killed her when he has been suspicious of him for quite a while..
the sense of guilt that he could've prevented it and realisation that one of the people he was fighting for is actually his enemy drove him to the edge where he sees his death as the only solution to his own revenge..
Now in S2 with Nunnally's location unknown and Lelouch probably assumed dead it is no wonder that Suzaku looks so cranky and dead serious in all pictures he has been on.. the people who he was fighting for betrayed him and are now gone.. i really wonder if he will still go through with his change Britannia fromw ithin plan when he has nothing left to fight for..
but even so i support the cranky Suzaku X9
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 03:11   Link #259
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

That was the reason for so much Suzaku hate throughout the entire first season. He tried to force his ideals on others while judging other people when they do it. I actually laughed at episode 2 when he said that Lelouch didn't care about how high he raised the casualties when most of those people in the buildings were already killed by Britannia he was fighting for. Then he spits in the face of Zero who saved his life in episode 4 and says he wants to arrest him. He then calls the Black Knights self-indulgent vigilantes in the hotel jacking incident because he didn't get to save them. It just goes on and on; until people just get sick of his hypocrisy. Until now finally, he has become what he lectured others about; nothing more than a murderer.

That's just my simple explanation for why people dislike Suzaku so much.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-29, 13:43   Link #260
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

The annoying thing about the "Two Men" explanantion on Lelouch and Suzaku is that Suzaku would probably be praised for trying to save both while Lelouch would have anger directed at him for not even bothering to try and save the other man.

I like the irony of what Suzaku said he thought a hero was. I actually started laughing when he said all that.

Tags
characters, favorite