Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-12-12, 14:33   Link #621
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinnydood View Post
Robin's really limited in what she can do. Like her power that is.. it seems like she does the same thing over and over again.. I like her character, but I hope Oda can come up with more things for her :s..
Robin has one of the most versatile abilities in the whole story, its just that Oda didn't give her enough battles yet. Not counting Brook who's new, Robin has the least number of battles compared to the rest of the crew.

She can put any body part anywhere faster than anyone can do anything.

Robin always seem to know everything, because she already has eyes and ears in place everywhere. Now that she can literally bunshin, she can be at anywhere at anytime.

Imagine her fights in the future, the enemy is fighting against dozens of Robins, but can't do any damage to her because none of the Robins are real. The real Robin could just be chilling back at Sunny-go drinking a cocktail and reading a book. She then proceeds to do a Final Atomic Buster or DSC on the opponent and then finish off with a giant stomp with her amazing legs. Maybe she can even do bunshins and give them all wings and let them all fly around with wings.

The possibilities are endless with what Robin can do, she has 1000 times more options than anyone else.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 16:47   Link #622
White Silver King
The Isley

Now if only she could learn Rokushiki...
Old 2011-12-12, 17:37   Link #623
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Silver King View Post
Well, she already demonstrated that her clones can disappear and reappear anytime, technically she already has Soru.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 18:01   Link #624
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
Well, she already demonstrated that her clones can disappear and reappear anytime, technically she already has Soru.
That doesn't really have anything to do with Soru. Plus, she'd be in real trouble if her opponent found her real body if she didn't actually have it. If she did have it though, she'd put even Sanji to shame with her speed (hence why she'll never get it, unfortunately).
Old 2011-12-12, 23:13   Link #625
gazawraith

Quote:
whoa there, you're onto something. If she knew Shigan she'd be deadly. fingers of death poking everyone at once.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 07:59   Link #626
Colecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
Bottom line......they need another female crew member
I have already made the decision... It shall be princess vivi from Alabasta
:P
Colecham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 11:02   Link #627
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colecham View Post
I have already made the decision... It shall be princess vivi from Alabasta
:P
damn I really miss her, Vivi is indeed Nami's BFF so far and they got along with each other quite well (even more compared to Robin so far)

dan Caroe is more comical compared to Franky and Brook
Old 2011-12-13, 15:35   Link #628
White Silver King
The Isley

Quote:
whoa there, you're onto something. If she knew Shigan she'd be deadly. fingers of death poking everyone at once.
Her Soru would be amazing as well. If she replicated like 10 legs along with her others, it'd make her 10x faster than anyone else with Soru. And if she had Tekkai, she'd have the ultimate defense both for herself and on a larger scale (making giant walls of hands, etc).
Old 2011-12-14, 06:34   Link #629
Colecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
damn I really miss her, Vivi is indeed Nami's BFF so far and they got along with each other quite well (even more compared to Robin so far)

dan Caroe is more comical compared to Franky and Brook
Robin is just much more private and withdrawn than vivi...
She spent so long alone.. not being able to trust...
Vivi is much more normal when it comes to that... That's why they are friendlier...
But, when it comes down to trust... I bet they'd trust Robin more... And she's stronger...
Old 2011-12-14, 18:59   Link #630
Jouten

The recent chapter just proved again that Shirahoshi would be highly unfitting in the crew. I'd rather see Kamy join than her (not that I would assume that). Jinbei in the recent chapter just learned how it would be like to have Luffy as a captain. My hopes are still up that he will say yes at the end of the arc, after FMI (hopefully) gets destroyed But as we know Oda, if he has our hopes up that someone will join, but shows us that he/she won't someone else will join instead. (Like when Vivi couldn't join, Robin joined instead, when Kureha didn't join, Chopper joined instead, etc.). So even if Jinbei ultimately declines and doesn't tag along after this arc there will be someone else. But as there aren't really many characters left, I think there is only Jinbei who can really join after this arc. If you say Jinbe doesn't join then tell who does instead
Old 2011-12-14, 19:36   Link #631
bzw

i think SH will either have to kill Caribou or bring him along on their ship to keep an eye on him since he knows too many secrets in order to protect shirai~
bzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 06:36   Link #632
White Silver King
The Isley

Theyre not going to kill him. Have they ever even killed anyone at all?
Old 2011-12-15, 11:25   Link #633
Colecham

Quote:
Theyre not going to kill him. Have they ever even killed anyone at all?
That's the one thing I don't like about this show...
no one f'ing dies.....
Till Ace that is....

How hard is it to kill a devils fruit user on a boat? Kick him off the damned side and let him drown.
Hell, Caribous ship blew up thousands of feet under water.. Every single person on that ship should be dead.. but I'm sure they'll show back up.

Buggy, that fat lady that ate the smooth fruit so she's skinny, and loads of others... should just be dead...
Old 2011-12-16, 14:55   Link #634
gazawraith

Quote:
That's the one thing I don't like about this show...
no one f'ing dies.....
Till Ace that is....

How hard is it to kill a devils fruit user on a boat? Kick him off the damned side and let him drown.
Hell, Caribous ship blew up thousands of feet under water.. Every single person on that ship should be dead.. but I'm sure they'll show back up.

Buggy, that fat lady that ate the smooth fruit so she's skinny, and loads of others... should just be dead...
its a cartoon. death is not that easy to pass. I've thought of hundreds of marines and pirates that have died. Major characters just get beat up -really- bad.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 05:50   Link #635
Colecham

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
its a cartoon. death is not that easy to pass. I've thought of hundreds of marines and pirates that have died. Major characters just get beat up -really- bad.
Lol, yeah, I suppose underlings do die.
Still, sometimes people just have to die... But they don't.. -_-
Old 2011-12-19, 13:42   Link #636
noktown

It doesn't really matter if it's a cartoon or not,in DBZ people died left and right,yet it still was the most popular show at that time.

Oda has said in many interviews that he feels it's more challenging to keep the characters alive,killing is just too easy,especially for villains.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 16:34   Link #637
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
It doesn't really matter if it's a cartoon or not,in DBZ people died left and right,yet it still was the most popular show at that time.

Oda has said in many interviews that he feels it's more challenging to keep the characters alive,killing is just too easy,especially for villains.
Exactly. That the people in One Piece don't immediately die is one of the things I actually like about the show. It's not that Oda keeps the characters because he has inhibitions to let his characters die, or because he fears that his anime becomes less popular if he kills popular characters (main reason, why noone in Bleach dies), or because Oda runs out of character ideas, but because it's just the character of Luffy not to kill people out of revenge, but just stop them from what they are doing and leave when he achieved his goal. It really made me think differently about life. I mean everyone probably wished that Luffy killed Arlong, Crocodile or Enel, but there was no need to. They were the evil guys, but they got what they deserved, there dreams are shattered and he saved his nakama. No reason to become a murderer additionally. And it's not like we all expected to see them again. I mean I thought we will never hear of Arlong or Crocodile again.

Quote:
WHAAAA...?? And who is going to be the next pirate king if Buggy is dead?
Old 2011-12-19, 20:16   Link #638
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Don't say that!! Buggy is pretty cool even though he's kind of retarded sometimes haha. Plus Mr. 3's with him and he's got an interesting crew. Plus now he's like more of Luffy's ally than his enemy anyways.

Still though.. it's kind of odd that Luffy never kills ANYONE.. Zoro does though haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Robin has one of the most versatile abilities in the whole story, its just that Oda didn't give her enough battles yet. Not counting Brook who's new, Robin has the least number of battles compared to the rest of the crew.

She can put any body part anywhere faster than anyone can do anything.

Robin always seem to know everything, because she already has eyes and ears in place everywhere. Now that she can literally bunshin, she can be at anywhere at anytime.

Imagine her fights in the future, the enemy is fighting against dozens of Robins, but can't do any damage to her because none of the Robins are real. The real Robin could just be chilling back at Sunny-go drinking a cocktail and reading a book. She then proceeds to do a Final Atomic Buster or DSC on the opponent and then finish off with a giant stomp with her amazing legs. Maybe she can even do bunshins and give them all wings and let them all fly around with wings.

The possibilities are endless with what Robin can do, she has 1000 times more options than anyone else.

I suppose so haha, but idk.. as of right now I'm still unsure. Still hoping that Oda will give her an epic fight though.
Old 2011-12-20, 07:14   Link #639
Colecham

What I'm getting at is more... like... Say he defeats an enemy by blasting them out into the ocean/off into the sunset, as he sometimes does....
If you launch someone into the middle of the ocean... The mufasa is going to die... drown, get eaten, starve, die of thirst....
Especially a devils fruit user..
So if they have a scene where an enemy gets blasted off into the ocean, that character should just die, I mean, they can't always come back.
I know that in many cases they re-use characters.. Like buggy has been shot off like I described a million times now.... It just seems to get old having everyone survive...

As for DBZ... No one ever really died.. they always found a way to come back to life.. or failing that.. there's an afterlife deal going on, so it's like they didn't really die. Just sayin' is all.

I still love the show(s) sooooo much!
Old 2011-12-21, 15:43   Link #640
Prinnydood
Madness Through Sound

Quote:
What I'm getting at is more... like... Say he defeats an enemy by blasting them out into the ocean/off into the sunset, as he sometimes does....
If you launch someone into the middle of the ocean... The mufasa is going to die... drown, get eaten, starve, die of thirst....
Especially a devils fruit user..
So if they have a scene where an enemy gets blasted off into the ocean, that character should just die, I mean, they can't always come back.
I know that in many cases they re-use characters.. Like buggy has been shot off like I described a million times now.... It just seems to get old having everyone survive...

As for DBZ... No one ever really died.. they always found a way to come back to life.. or failing that.. there's an afterlife deal going on, so it's like they didn't really die. Just sayin' is all.

I still love the show(s) sooooo much!

If main characters happen to die then it has to be like a really big thing haha. Like when Ace died. At least One Piece differs from like ALOT or most of the other animes out there. Cause like in Bleach.. no one ever dies.. and same thing with like you said DBZ.