AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-07, 10:40   Link #421
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

So my prediction for what gets covered in episode 9 was pretty close as well. There's a bit of minor change where Masami didn't join the training at all until after the food festival incident whereas in the novel she was there after the competition (the novel describes Masami as a person whom will keep a promise, so even though she didn't like it, she kept the promise to assist the 6th graders if they lost), otherwise changes were minor and really didn't affect the flow so it's good, besides that everything is pretty much how it went in the novel. Another bit of valuable information was in the eye catch where it is revealed that Masami is 143cm. So the current height stats for the Keishin players are now:

Airi (greater than 167cm/Aya but less than 172cm/Subaru)
Kagetsu (160cm)
Saki (148cm)
Maho (145cm)
Masami (143cm)
Tomoka (142cm)
Tsubahi (not confirmed, my guess was 140cm, but I think they would be more like 137cm)
Mimi (135cm)
Hinata (131cm)
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 13:23   Link #422
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
That's why I always thought Natsuhi will end up with Maho or Aoi (as Aoi will lose to Tomoka).
Why Aoi? of all the girls besides Maho.
Old 2013-09-07, 23:52   Link #423
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Why Aoi? of all the girls besides Maho.
Mostly because Natsuhi doesn't show much emotional connection to the other girls besides Hinata, Maho and Aoi. We know he has a crush on Hinata (but ultimately futile, with Hinata's personality she's probably going to be forever single even though she would be super popular with the opposite sex, she just doesn't seem to be interested in romance in that sort of way), Maho is his butting head childhood friend so their pairing seems quite easy to develop later on. Although Saki is also the childhood friend, she doesn't get as involved with Natsuhi so they have much less chemistry, and Natsuhi don't even talk to Airi and the other 5th graders at all.

Now OTOH Aoi is someone Natsuhi actually respects and willingly assist/help in ways he can (quite rare for him to do that), and you can almost picture a situation where the two will get into when they was rejected by their first crush and some stuff develops from that point on. The scenario in my mind is something like when Natsuhi finds out Hinata has no feelings for him and he'll be all depressed and the only person he could spill his guts to is Aoi, and Aoi would be able to sympathise with his situation and they will get a bit more closer as a result, but not really romantic feelings just yet. However as Natsuhi grows older (bigger and even stronger in basketball too) and sees how Aoi is still chasing for Subaru he'll eventually feel jealousy and more competitive towards Subaru, right about that time Subaru will probably start to acknowledge that his feeling towards Tomoka is just really strong and they will start going out leaving Aoi feeling empty (and let's face it - Aoi's two best buddies aren't going to be great helps here either), and this would be the time where Natsuhi will try to return the favour but discover that the "powerful older sister" he respected could be fragile girl too and things will go from there. I'd almost picture Natsuhi to challenge Subaru in basketball to as a means to prove to Aoi his superiority over Subaru and as his way of punishing Subaru for making Aoi sad, all the classic anime romance tropes is just so fitting for this pairing.
Old 2013-09-09, 02:59   Link #424
fukarming

Besides everything houkoholic mention, Natsuhi is linked with Aoi because

Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 13:30   Link #425
Miraluka
Banned

Author's new series?
天使の3P!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 20:59   Link #426
taichi-kun

More lolis ?

Quote:
Actually at one point I thought about the author hinting at a possible Aoi/Banri outcome too, he drop some crums here and there when he introduced Banri as being pretty shy with girls but he got along with Aoi quite quickly what with them training Airi together and all that but in the end he didn't develop it any further, and he left Banri playing the humorous sis-con brother character in the end.
Yeah they do seem to have a good relationship in the anime and banri is a good guy.. but still their moments together in the anime were minimal... seems like we are missing a lot of details,interactions,character development and stuff from the novels...

Houkoholic could you tell me what novels were adapted in episodes 7,8 and 9 ? I'm a bit lost...
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 07:17   Link #427
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Houkoholic could you tell me what novels were adapted in episodes 7,8 and 9 ? I'm a bit lost...
Episode 7 and 8 covers volume 11, episode 9 is about 40% of volume 12.
Old 2013-09-13, 11:09   Link #428
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Episode 10

I didn't expect them to shuffle the star watching to after the match (as hinted during the SD character section), but I do see how that would work out in the story side of things, though it throws out my prediction for the remaining two episodes. I would revise my prediction that episode 11 will cover up to the 4th quarter (likely to fade out at Saki shooting the buzzer beater but not showing it landed), with episode 12 being the extra time, Tomoka and Subaru's star watching and the epilogue of the story.

The whole 5th graders getting too worked up thus cannot realise their full potential scenario is an anime original as well as the split up training, however it does work in how it furthers the bonds between the entire team so it's not a bad change, though they made Mimi look much weaker being passed by both Saki and Hinata in the process which I didn't like so much.

As for the basketball match they gimped Airi's play which was a bit of a shame (but I suspect that the anime team don't have someone too knowledgeable in basketball so they probably struggled with how to portray Airi's post play properly), but Rena's behind the back dribble against Masami they did well enough (probably spent too much effort in fact?).

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-09-13 at 11:27.
Old 2013-09-14, 20:51   Link #429
taichi-kun

Quote:
Episode 7 and 8 covers volume 11, episode 9 is about 40% of volume 12.
I see thank you very much

So they didn't include vol 10 side stories as expected..
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 11:11   Link #430
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Episode 11

Nothing much to add here as things unfolded pretty much as expect, already suspecting that the anime team don't have anyone that knowledgeable about basketball it's probably as good as we are going to get with the adaptation. The compression is done in an acceptable manner and some changes were done probably in name to make things easier to understand - such as Masami intercepting Rena's leg pass instead of drawing the foul in the novel, either way the mood is more or less conveyed. I think this episode must also be the first time where the scoop shot is portrayed properly too - actually arching it over taller opponents' defence. Kagetsu's "get that outta here!" block was pretty awesome though it sort of made Airi, in retrospect, not much of a centre compared to what she was able to do in the novel. The final buzzer beater was nicely done, and this time they didn't screw up like in the first season's first match against the boys where Maho was the one who landed the shot but everyone goes to hug Tomoka instead.

Also we now know that Tsubahi are 140cm, so the bio of the Keishin players are all known now. I suspect the last ep will have Rena's bio.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2013-09-20 at 11:25.
Old 2013-09-27, 07:45   Link #431
Totsuka

【ロウきゅーぶ!】PSVita「ロウきゅーぶ! ないしょのシャッターチャンス」
- http://d-game.dengeki.com/RO-KYU-BU/2014/
Totsuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:32   Link #432
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Episode 12

Annnnndddd it's all done. Pretty much as expected. Only a couple of minor points to complaint about, namely they didn't convey Tomoka able to use Subaru's attack style to pass Miyu on the last shot and the lack of the 5th graders during the epilogue (it feels cruel of them not to invite the 5th graders to Maho's mansion for basketball considering how big of a deal it was for the Keishin team to become one at the end).
Old 2013-09-28, 00:08   Link #433
Mystic_Vegetto

I haven't followed the novels, but I really enjoyed the anime. I'm assuming the series ended on Volume 12? Also, are the novels still ongoing?
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 09:47   Link #434
AP24

The anime adapted up to vol 13 and the novel's main story is finished but there will be side stories.

On a side note, I'm following this year's Saimoe tournament and Tomoka and Maho just won their most recent matches. Interestingly the final episode was airing during the final minutes of voting time for Tomoka's match and Maho's match was the day after. I was sad to see Keishin lost the match against Suzuridani in the episode that day but at least I got to see Tomoka won her Saimoe match that day and Maho too later.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 22:22   Link #435
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Reactions:
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 05:33   Link #436
AP24

Has anyone seen this:

This is the wall art located just outside of Akihabara Station though the wall doesn't feature Ro-Kyu-Bu anymore now. I guess Ro-Kyu-Bu is more popular than I thought that it got featured on this wall. f you want closer look here's the link: http://www.radiokaikan.jp/press/?p=36178/

Also, the RO-KYU-BU! LIVE 2013-FINAL GAME concert was today.
Old 2013-09-29, 07:00   Link #437
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Has anyone seen this:

This is the wall art located just outside of Akihabara Station though the wall doesn't feature Ro-Kyu-Bu anymore now. I guess Ro-Kyu-Bu is more popular than I thought that it got featured on this wall. f you want closer look here's the link: http://www.radiokaikan.jp/press/?p=36178/

Also, the RO-KYU-BU! LIVE 2013-FINAL GAME concert was today.
Well it's an ad for the BD release, it just means they have enough cash to throw that kind of money to hire that wall and put the ad up.
Old 2013-09-30, 05:20   Link #438
AP24

In vol 13 did it show the girls in middle school, at least during the day of the opening ceremony? If so, is their school Keishin middle school division or a different one?
Also, did Tomoka tell Subaru how she got interested in basketball in the novels? Did any of them find out that boy was Subaru?
Old 2013-10-01, 03:02   Link #439
kazzuya13

Farewell to Subaro. One of the biggest lolicon ever.
Old 2013-10-01, 05:18   Link #440
All Fiction

Wait, the anime second season covered up until the very last volume?

Tags
comedy, shounen