AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-27, 07:22   Link #201
FizzyCola

I like the ending. I got bored of happy endings long time ago ^~^
I watched episode 7..can't believe the story caught upto volume 4 of the manga already O_O! The rest of the episodes are going to be based on volume 4 and 5 XD
Old 2006-05-28, 02:58   Link #202
tritoch

Argh.. WOah.. Happening so fast. can't keep up...

Spoiler for ep 07:
Old 2006-05-28, 05:27   Link #203
demonik
I like cheese...

Quote:
News about Jyu Oh sei opening music
opening theme "deep in your heart" will be released July 12 with three version ( 2 limited version and a regular edition).
Spoiler:
DW, you not the only one

Dang...need to Learn how to listen to Jap!
Old 2006-05-28, 19:19   Link #204
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
This anime is surprisingly good. I watched 5 episodes all at once, this really haven't happen for a long time for me.

I looked at a bit of the manga, I am so glad they changed the art, everyone looks so much better in the anime (don't have time to read it right now).

I can't wait to watch more.

Tiz... heh. I will let you guys find out what happens to her. She is very important.

Last edited by Ori; 2006-05-28 at 19:34.
Old 2006-05-28, 21:07   Link #205
Fury

tell us about tiz please at least in spoiler tags Im the type who loves spoilers
Old 2006-05-28, 23:19   Link #206
Ori

Did you guys know that the Ju Oh Sei's manga has a scientific supervisor? That's the reason why the story of Ju Oh Sei is logically sound... well at least in comparison to other anime of the same genre.

-------------------------------------

After reading the manga, I realize that they have to make the anime this short in order to keep the fast pace feel of book 4-5. 4 episodes provide a perfect amount of time to render the last bit of the manga. This guarantees the rest of the anime won't be dragging or rushing the story, in my opinion.

Ju Oh Sei probably has one of the most fast pace, plot twists filled manga I have read (and trust me I read quite a bit of manga).

The story is so awsome that I am refusing to actually spoil anyone, sorry, but I can promise you if the ending is anything like the manga you guys will like it unless you are a pure happy-ending person (I love happy endings myself, but I still found ending acceptable). In any case, 11 episodes are really not that hard to wait out, especially when 7 episodes are out already.

Last edited by Ori; 2006-05-28 at 23:41.
Old 2006-05-29, 07:11   Link #207
wao
OK.

Been catching up on anime. (Still have xxxholic, Nishi no Yoki Majo, Haruhi and Ouran to catch up to...)

So I watched ep 6 and 7... well, I didn't think ep 6 was as bad as MrProphet said - I've heard worse seiyuu than Koichi Domoto. And well, he's not professional so it can't be helped - but I'm more interested in wondering what it's like at the recording studio. I wonder if Nana Mizuki feels a little tense having to act alongside such a hugely popular J-pop star... and furthermore by saying "I want to have your kid"

As for the story, ep 6 was kind of rushed I guess - the way
Spoiler:

Going on to ep 7, as far as I understood,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 12:48   Link #208
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep7:
Anyway, this is a pretty good show. I care about the characters, and things happen.

I suspect Mizuki Nana isn't that nervous. After all, she's older (?) and the pro seiyuu, and is somewhat famous herself. Maybe he's more nervous than she, because of his inexperience at the job.
Spoiler for speculations based on ep7:
And by the way, have you given Simoun a chance? I think it's really good SF, if you can accept the shoujo-ai aspects. There's hardly any kissing after episode 1, lol, except in the OP. But there are a unique alien society, an interesting new way of looking at gender, strong female (and ex-female) characters, and a lot of angst. In addition to the unusual music and unique character design. And there's one way in which it resembles Noein: the sakuga is really inconsistent from week to week, but very artistic.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-05-30 at 19:07.
Old 2006-05-29, 16:17   Link #209
poisonakki

ouch poor tiz ;-;
well he's just not interested in having babies with her ...
I hate how he falls so fast for that other chic though it's soooo weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Been catching up on anime. (Still have xxxholic, Nishi no Yoki Majo, Haruhi and Ouran to catch up to...)

So I watched ep 6 and 7... well, I didn't think ep 6 was as bad as MrProphet said - I've heard worse seiyuu than Koichi Domoto. And well, he's not professional so it can't be helped - but I'm more interested in wondering what it's like at the recording studio. I wonder if Nana Mizuki feels a little tense having to act alongside such a hugely popular J-pop star... and furthermore by saying "I want to have your kid"

As for the story, ep 6 was kind of rushed I guess - the way
Spoiler:

Going on to ep 7, as far as I understood,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 20:45   Link #210
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Episode Three was pretty good ... lol <-- late bloomer ...
Old 2006-05-29, 22:18   Link #211
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Here I was thinking that the Third was an asshole at the end of four. I then realized what a smart guy he was ... at the start of five.
Old 2006-05-29, 22:18   Link #212
Ori

Give Tiz a break, she grew up in a place very different from Earth. Living conditions made these people on this planet almost like beasts. Survival of the species takes priority over love and feelings... and this demands the genes of the strong being passed down to as many people as possible (remember survival of the fittest and all that jazz). Considering the circumstances, I think her mindset makes perfect sense.

If you really think about the situation, it's not so much Tiz does not understand Thor but Thor does not understand Tiz. Thor IS the alien on that planet.
Old 2006-05-29, 22:45   Link #213
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Does anyone like the OP and ED combo of this series? The OST is pretty good, too, in my opinion.
Old 2006-05-29, 23:20   Link #214
tritoch

Same opinion as yours physics223, the OP and ED are nice but I do like the ED better

Spoiler for my take on the jyu oh system:
Old 2006-05-29, 23:39   Link #215
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I was terribly surprised at episode six when Thor looked cooler all grown up. Tiz has big breasts - no, seriously, she does ... which seems weird, I don't know. I love this series, seriously - it has just a wonderful story, plus it's animated by BONES. Woohoo.

So Thor tries to question himself - what is it to be really humane? It may not be the only way to escape, because playing by the rules is not the only way to play. He's then questioning himself with his relation to Zagi and how Zagi once did him good.

Now, then, they'd have to fight ... and it seems that Chen's really, really, really loyal to Third. I wish I had a hot woman like that loyal to me as well ... but Third doesn't seem to give a damn, because he has another one he loves. aww ...

It seems in the preview Tiz would also like Thor to bang her. Thor seems surprised, but with such a precarious position I'm guessing Thor wasn't the one who advanced.

I'm pretty much pleased with what BONES has done. The series they are currently doing are among the best of this year, however, NOTHING can beat Bake Neko (Ayakashi's third arc) . NOTHING. lol
Old 2006-05-29, 23:44   Link #216
Ori

;P There's so much i want to say about all of your comments but I won't.

I didn't like the opening at first but I find it quite catchy after listening to it a few times. That tune was stuck in my head yesterday.

I love the ending. The lyrics is very nice, I especially appreciate the song after I read the manga.
Old 2006-05-29, 23:49   Link #217
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Come on. Say it ... he he he he <tries to follow a sly laugh>

That girl in the OP, she'd probably appear, right? She's a much better choice for Thor to *bang* *bang.* Tiz looks, I don't know, okay, but weird ... she just doesn't cut it for me as the hottie heroine accompanying the hottie hero. I mean that pink-haired one ... that's probably Thor's target.
Old 2006-05-30, 00:06   Link #218
tritoch

You'll see that Girl in ep 7..

her name is:
Spoiler for name:
Old 2006-05-30, 00:27   Link #219
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Tiz should be just a backup heroine ...
Old 2006-05-30, 00:29   Link #220
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
Come on. Say it ... he he he he <tries to follow a sly laugh>
If I say anything those plot twists won't be surprises to you guys like they were to me. And in any case, like I said the next episode is out very soon... so I am sure you guys can wait a day or two.

It's too bad Tiz is always in weird clothing, I think, in the ending theme she is really pretty. I didn't like Tiz that much in the beginning too (the whole concept of I want to have your children creeps me out), but I liked her more after understanding more of Juu Oh Sei's background.

Perhaps it's because I no longer think of her as an Earthling, thus, I don't judge her with the same standards I use for normal humans.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina