AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 12:12   Link #41
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
RE:5 takes place in 2009, RE:2 is still 1998 if I recall, so this must be happening right before RE:5.
Not for nothing, but both this and Revelations aren't set after RE:5, what's up with that? It's a minor detail, but it kinda bugs me.
It does, doesn't it? I wonder if this means they'll slip in Wesker at some point?

But from what I'm understanding of the plot, it isn't exactly something they can't do in a sequel...so why?
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 12:19   Link #42
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
yeah, apparently it's been confirmed this is 2008 and a year before RE5

Wesker anyone ? the Albert one

maybe they don't know what to do post-RE5 now that Wesker is dead, Spencer is dead, complete global saturation averted
That's my guess, they're in the same position many other series (not necessarily games) are when they kill off the big big bad and are left to continue it somehow. It's somehow bothersome how they painted themselves into a corner like this, not so much that they killed off Wesker, but that they can't think of anything beyond this.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 12:31   Link #43
com_gwp

Edit: ^Wouldn't they just make a new big bad? It's not like they have an exhaustive list of potential villians to choose from, or they could even go the way of RE4 and introduced a new one

Also, forgot to mention this, but I'm so GLAD part of the setting is in China. Asian settings are too few nowadays, so I get extremely pumped when a game actually uses them. Would be cool if they were to speak authentic Chinese which I can understand
Old 2012-01-20, 12:44   Link #44
Kallen4life

Wesker was THE villain .. hard to replace

Saddler and Salazar did not measure up at all .. Krauser was cool, but he was the Dragon, not the Big Bad + he worked for Wesker anyway

making a monster final boss is easy, but having a human(ish) mastermind behind the scenes makes a good villain
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 12:45   Link #45
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Edit: ^Wouldn't they just make a new big bad? It's not like they have an exhaustive list of potential villians to choose from, or they could even go the way of RE4 and introduced a new one

Also, forgot to mention this, but I'm so GLAD part of the setting is in China. Asian settings are too few nowadays, so I get extremely pumped when a game actually uses them. Would be cool if they were to speak authentic Chinese which I can understand
Yeah, they should. The problem is, after you eliminate such a recognizable villain, you're tasked to replace them, which becomes a little harder. It's like what Nolan is trying to do with Bane to replace Joker in the next Batman movie. It's not entirely simple, but after Wesker, the series really doesn't have an over arching villain. Will they try to establish another? Let's hope so.
Old 2012-01-20, 12:48   Link #46
Kallen4life

I wouldn't mind a lore reboot for RE7 tbh

maybe a soft reboot or something
We are Blackwatch
Old 2012-01-20, 12:55   Link #47
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Yeah, I really hope we're going to get something like that for 7. If anything, since they're teaming up Leon and Chris, they're probably going to close out these characters with this game (though Chris was technically closed out with the end of RE:5). RE:7 would have to be next gen anyways, what better time to reboot it all?
Old 2012-01-20, 13:00   Link #48
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
From what I know, there is a VA who'll speak Cantonese. So either Hong Kong/Macau or Guangzhou.

Also heard that some of the side characters (At least BSAA) appeared in the new RE manga. Not sure if it's unofficially translated...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:18   Link #49
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
maybe they don't know what to do post-RE5 now that Wesker is dead, Spencer is dead, complete global saturation averted
Seems like it xP
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:18   Link #50
Sumeragi
Banned

There are just too many things left to explore, really. Among those include:

1. Sherry Berkin: Did Albert manage to get her, or was she still under US protection?
2. Steve Burnside: What happened to him after Albert took him away?
3. Alex Wesker: The other surviving W Project candidate. After taking the results for an immortality virus, where is he? Immortal, simply in hiding, or dead?

Also, I think Fong Ling may appear in RE6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Damn, the fujoshis are going to have their heyday on pixiv. The last RE game had them all going Wesker x Chris to Chris x Wesker. Bloody hell.
That would be fantastic.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 13:22   Link #51
Kallen4life

I think Alex Wesker might be the third playable character

he seems like a guy with some superhuman powers

was co-op confirmed ? only for 1/3 of the campaign or for all of em ?
We are Blackwatch
Old 2012-01-20, 13:46   Link #52
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Not yet...

But rumors are starting to talk about Ada having a story mode of her own. Capcom branches are keeping quiet about it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 14:53   Link #53
com_gwp

Quote:
I think Alex Wesker might be the third playable character

he seems like a guy with some superhuman powers
Well, people seem to be thinking its Hunk since we've never seen the guy behind the mask, ever. And that the merc comment was a reference to his appearance in every single merc game up till now. But wait...what if...Alex IS Hunk?
Old 2012-01-20, 18:05   Link #54
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Well, people seem to be thinking its Hunk since we've never seen the guy behind the mask, ever. And that the merc comment was a reference to his appearance in every single merc game up till now. But wait...what if...Alex IS Hunk?
I don't know, these two pictures are the sole ones we know of HUNK's face:

It has been 10 years, so his looks might have changed. Still, I don't see how Alex Wesker, who had been a researcher as of August 28, 1998 (check Resident Evil 5 for the file), would have had time for both research and mercenary work as HUNK.

Also, why are people calling that mercenary in the trailer Alex?

Finally, that blond girl..... Could she be Sherry?
Old 2012-01-20, 18:13   Link #55
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post

Also, why are people calling that mercenary in the trailer Alex?

Finally, that blond girl..... Could she be Sherry?
We're making assumptions based off the fact that people seem to be looking for this "guy" supposedly for his blood or something, and seeing as alex was a survivor of project wesker, he'd probably be a target for use as a specimen for science or something. This guy also seems to be needing injections to retain his stability, like Wesker, though that could just be health injections. Also yeah, maybe that's Ashley, since the president is somehow involved, it wouldn't be too far off that his daughter would be involved in the game's story.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:28   Link #56
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Also yeah, maybe that's Ashley, since the president is somehow involved, it wouldn't be too far off that his daughter would be involved in the game's story.
No no, I meant Sherry Birkin. I would have said Ashley if it weren't for her hair style and nose: the way her hair parts can't be Ashley, since it's at her left, while Ashley parts to her right; Sherry has a higher and rounder nose compared to Ashley's lower and sharp one. Here's what Ashley was like in RE4:

Young Sherry's hair parts in the middle during Raccon City, but concept pictures almost always part it to the left. So, I'm taking a wild-shot and saying it's Sherry.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:45   Link #57
Xagzan

I still haven't played a RE game past RE3 (except for a little of 4 and the Revelations demo), so maybe it's unfair of me to judge, but I'm bummed it looks like they're going with action again. In fact, it's probably because I stopped liking the direction the series appeared to be going that I put it on the back burner of games I must play. I can only hope the rumors that Leon's story will be more survival horror than Chris' are true, cause I really would like to get back into the series, even if it means going through 5.

And like someone said, where are all the women? Well, the established female characters anyway. Especially Claire. I thought she was one of the main characters along with Chris, Leon and Jill, but she hasn't starred in a game since CV, and only had a major recent role in that Degeneration movie.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 18:55   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And like someone said, where are all the women? Well, the established female characters anyway. Especially Claire. I thought she was one of the main characters along with Chris, Leon and Jill, but she hasn't starred in a game since CV, and only had a major recent role in that Degeneration movie.
Then you should know from the Degeneration movie that Claire wanted out- Unlike Chris, Leon and Jill, she isn't part of any special group that continuously put themselves in harms way.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 18:57   Link #59
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Young Sherry's hair parts in the middle during Raccon City, but concept pictures almost always part it to the left. So, I'm taking a wild-shot and saying it's Sherry.
It's always possible she got a hair cut, it's been 4 years since after all. Also, I have another bit of speculative evidence that I've just found. It's not completely substantial, but maybe you can hear me out here.
Spoiler for for length:

Maybe it's just me, but the VAs sound kinda similar.
Old 2012-01-20, 18:57   Link #60
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Then you should know from the Degeneration movie that Claire wanted out- Unlike Chris, Leon and Jill, she isn't part of any special group that continuous put themselves in harms way.
Maybe there is no female lead in this game to compensate for the fact that there were too many scenes with a certain female movie only character in the resident evil movies
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote