AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 23:30   Link #121
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I'm still questioning exactly what those 6 paths he is talking about...as good as this chapter was it seems to create even more questions...why we ever get a straight up answer lol
As Rahan mentioned, the correct translation mentions only that Madara is the 2nd Rikudou and Nagato was the 3rd. There is no mention of specific "Paths", only the mentions of iterations or "reincarnations" of the original Rikudou-Sennin.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:33   Link #122
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

That's not related to how many bodies Pein had, is it?
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 23:36   Link #123
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Konan prob already had a idea for sending any info she got when fighting tobi.

just let her death be for something.. Maybe Konan boobytrapped the grave and thats what the smirk is from.
Old 2010-09-15, 23:39   Link #124
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
That's not related to how many bodies Pein had, is it?
Correct. What Madara talks about in this chapter is not related to Pain's "Paths".
Old 2010-09-15, 23:42   Link #125
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Six hundred billion explosive tags? DAYUM. I don't even think I could count that high.

But seriously, I'm not surprised that Konan lost, though she put up a good fight. She died a pretty awesome death, and it's not her fault Madara forced her to reveal Nagato/Yahiko's burial location. The Sharingan is such hacks.

And wait, Madara said that Nagato was part of the Uzumaki clan? Seriously? So that means that Naruto and Nagato were actually related? My head is starting to hurt...
Old 2010-09-15, 23:59   Link #126
SeanQ

Kishi should've just left the Uzumaki part out about Nagato -_- doesn't make sense that Nagato's parents are Uzumakis or related...
Old 2010-09-16, 00:12   Link #127
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Six hundred billion explosive tags? DAYUM. I don't even think I could count that high.
No one could. It would literally take several lifetimes to count that high.

Quote:
And wait, Madara said that Nagato was part of the Uzumaki clan? Seriously? So that means that Naruto and Nagato were actually related? My head is starting to hurt...
Welcome to Naruto.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 00:32   Link #128
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

How hard is it to close your eyes when a sharingan is right in your face?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 00:46   Link #129
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Kishi should've just left the Uzumaki part out about Nagato -_- doesn't make sense that Nagato's parents are Uzumakis or related...
Sure it does. As another poster mentioned earlier: Uzumaki + Sharingan = Rinnegan. Here's a speculation: Madara thinned the Uzumaki herd (so he could more easily control his experiments on the few stragglers), implanted a Sharingan eye in a few children, and then attempted to awaken the eye as a Rinnegan by placing the children in stressful situations (which is the key to unlocking the Sharingan). Nagato just happened to be such a child (and from Madara's words, he was the only such child that succeeded in becoming the 3rd Rikudou-Sennin).

Consequently, this could be a set-up for Naruto also becoming a Rikudou-Sennin* (since it seems much easier for an Uzumaki/Senjuu to become one versus an Uchiha becoming one), or it could simply be an explanation as to why Naruto's maternal family was killed off. Whatever the case, the connection between the two characters, while deepening their bond, doesn't really mean anything to them personally.

---

*Rikudou-Sennin is a title not a name, so for those confused by Madara's choice of words when describing the Rikudou-Sennin, please remember that in Madara's speech he is emphasizing the title, not the name of the person(s) who attained the title.
Old 2010-09-16, 01:13   Link #130
SeanQ

The survivors all wandered off after the destruction of the village...pretty retarded if some of them decided that Ame was the best place to settle down and have a baby -_- and then Madara was able to track down these survivors, steal their baby, stick a pair of Sharingans in the eyes...and the parents never had a clue...and I may be wrong, but implementing a sharingan into someone means the eye is already activated, therefore, there's no need for stress or whatever to activate it -_-
Old 2010-09-16, 01:20   Link #131
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Maybe they never moved at all? Whirpool could've easily been renamed Rain by Hanzo.

Would be funny if Sakura had a little bit of Uzumaki too.
Old 2010-09-16, 01:27   Link #132
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
The survivors all wandered off after the destruction of the village...pretty retarded if some of them decided that Ame was the best place to settle down and have a baby -_- and then Madara was able to track down these survivors, steal their baby, stick a pair of Sharingans in the eyes...and the parents never had a clue...and I may be wrong, but implementing a sharingan into someone means the eye is already activated, therefore, there's no need for stress or whatever to activate it -_-
I never said the eye was activated. In fact, it would be easier for all if the eye wasn't activated (far less conspicuous) when it was transplanted. Much the same as Kakashi was able to "evolve" his Sharingan; it stands to reason that anyone with an Uchiha eye (that has the potential for the Sharingan) can activate the eye when placed in the proper situation.

That being said, if Madara has been able to hide his identity for 60+ years, I don't see why it would be infeasible for him to genjutsu some slack-jawed yokels (Nagato's parents) steal their kid/baby for a few hours, transplant the eyes, then simply make them forget the missing hours when baby/child Nagato is returned.
Old 2010-09-16, 01:29   Link #133
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
im going to assume konan is alive and well and she will report back to naruto....ill believe shes dead when i see the paper flowers she gave naruto break apart and fly around in the wind.
Old 2010-09-16, 01:31   Link #134
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I wonder if she ever gave back Jiraiya's body or just left it in the water? Probably still in the water though since Kabuto didn't summon him.
Old 2010-09-16, 02:08   Link #135
ronin myael
lost ronin

I guess all the past theories about Nagato and Naruto being related are indeed true.

Maybe my friend's theory that Kishimoto might actually be getting ideas from his fans' speculations really have some basis. For all we know, he might be checking out some forums similar to this one and scan through what the fans are saying about his manga series. lol
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 02:21   Link #136
SeanQ

wait...why isn't Naruto's hair red -_- you'd think Uzumaki's traits would be stronger than a normal ninja...or what Minato is =0
Old 2010-09-16, 02:50   Link #137
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nagato got mom's genes, Naruto got dad's
Despite all the controversy, this chapter cleared up a few things too:
1) The bijuu were created by the rikudo sennin through Izanagi.
2) Madara's face is freakin scary 0_0
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:36   Link #138
Cooper

Other confusing things aside..
how the hell can Madara be standing next to Nagato's body when Kabuto has already zombified Nagato like in chapter 490?
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 03:52   Link #139
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Other confusing things aside..
how the hell can Madara be standing next to Nagato's body when Kabuto has already zombified Nagato like in chapter 490?
Yeah, there's that - though I suppose the body is simply a replica, what matters is the soul being sealed into the body.

Another thing that's been bothering me though, is that it seemed pretty significant that the rain stopped.

She thanks Nagato, too - it's almost as if Nagato wasn't truly dead... But merely resting, and decided to give Konan a little bit of help.

Hrmmm.
Old 2010-09-16, 04:18   Link #140
yakumo-chan

the number 1 question here is why is he still wearing a 1 hole eye mask when we have already saw that his left eye was just an ordinary sharingan too??

Tags
weekly chapter discussion