AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-03, 21:34   Link #681
LC
Shocking Pink

This show is really hilarious; and the animation doesn't bother me at all. (when you've dealt with shows like Macross Frontier where the animation can be pretty bad at times and amazing at others, this is a-ok.) Yeah, its quality doesn't seem to be as high as Clannad's, but that's not the point of the anime.
Old 2009-04-03, 21:36   Link #682
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

This was light, cute, occasionally amusing. Nothing special. Obviously any expectation for depth is misguided, but I sensed a real lack of ambition in general. The slice-of-life moe comedy genre is generally one of my favourites, but titles like Hidamari Sketch and Sketchbook ~Full Color's~ kinda show what can happen when you take on the supposed limitations of the genre with a good amount of ambition. This feels passe in comparison: it feels like it comes from a time pre-Hidamari Sketch when all you needed to do to make a slice-of-life moe comedy was throw four really cute girls together for some reason and watch them do cute things. The bar's been raised since then, and titles that can't keep up deservedly fall by the wayside.

But this exceeded my expectations. It's unambitious, and it's certainly not going to blaze any trails for the genre, but it's got moments of nice, light humour. It's well within the bounds of a formula, but it's a formula which is designed to get otaku interest, and this is clearly very directly honed towards appealing to otaku. My fear is that it's not really going to offer anything to people who want anything more. We'll see in time. At least I've got Sketchbook at fingertips if this does turn out to be insultingly formulaic.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:47   Link #683
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Repeating my avvie request for a moment, just to make sure people didn't forget about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Avvie Request:

02:12-02:14 -> Inside the OP, the four girls fall together and Ritsu holds out the camera, camera flash to white, repeat.

If possible to keep within the ASuki limit:

02:12-02:19 -> Same, except it extends to until the K-ON! logo is seen for a while, and repeat.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 21:49   Link #684
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... really? Personally back when I watched the first episode of Hidamari Sketch, even as a slice of life lover myself and someone who doesn't just drop series after the first episode, I couldn't make much about what the series was trying to do, and put it on stasis after one episode. It was only after the 1st season was out that I decided to finish viewing it in a marathon and fell in love with the characters and the series.

My take on it? Even I commit the same mistake a little too frequently so it's not my place to say it, but it's too early for us to categorize it one way or the other

Quote:
Repeating my avvie request for a moment, just to make sure people didn't forget about it.
I haven't done avvies since the days of the 1st season of Pokemon so I already forgot how to do them, but here you have a cute forum smile
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:27   Link #685
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
PS: Why they make Mugi eyebrows so thick ??? Even some fanboy said it sexy i feel it annoying... even i like Mugi >_<
Maybe there are people out there with thick eyebrow moe, although I'm not one of them - I guess at least she doesn't have a monobrow...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:33   Link #686
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
Maybe there are people out there with thick eyebrow moe, although I'm not one of them - I guess at least she doesn't have a monobrow...
oh and thank god for that!

I was a little I guess I could say surprised at the thick eyebrows but I still like Mugi-chan

the more I watch this, the more I love Mio-chwwwaaaan!!!
Old 2009-04-03, 22:34   Link #687
scr
my sides are in orbit

is it just me, or Yui is literally airheaded? her head seems to bop for no reason and she seems to be a no brainer.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 22:48   Link #688
Fandal

Yui is really smart!..... Now how to explain this smartness is another story.........
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:00   Link #689
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
is it just me, or Yui is literally airheaded? her head seems to bop for no reason and she seems to be a no brainer.
She is probably as dense as Nagisa from Clannad. Come to think of it, both of them are practically alike.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:04   Link #690
herbert

Just wonder why no one has posted anything about 翼をください(Tsubasawo Kudasai) yet. I have tried to find some nonvocal band performance on Youtube but no luck, here is the piano solo for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjXAQ...eature=related

As for the prototype of the school... it seems to be a elementary one...

http://www46.tok2.com/home/arc/shiga/shiga_12.htm
Old 2009-04-03, 23:12   Link #691
mikoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Avvie Request:

02:12-02:14 -> Inside the OP, the four girls fall together and Ritsu holds out the camera, camera flash to white, repeat.

If possible to keep within the ASuki limit:

02:12-02:19 -> Same, except it extends to until the K-ON! logo is seen for a while, and repeat.

--

150kb

mikoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:15   Link #692
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She is probably as dense as Nagisa from Clannad. Come to think of it, both of them are practically alike.
as I see it I would say they have their "blonde" moments so to say

cause like Fandal says Yui is really smart

they remind me of a lass from my class in school, she was academically smart but oh boy was she prone to her "blonde" moments and she was actaully blonde
Old 2009-04-03, 23:19   Link #693
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I give this episode 9.5/10
7.5 because of the episode itself + bonus 2 points because of Krauser-san.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:21   Link #694
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@mikoo,

Thanks for the avvies, too bad I can't rep you.

I take it that the second one isn't AS safe?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:22   Link #695
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
they remind me of a lass from my class in school, she was academically smart but oh boy was she prone to her "blonde" moments and she was actaully blonde
That sounds so much like KOTOMI. Goodness.

Anyway it seems that Mio is really a tsundere. She seems to smile the least out of the 4 girls, and is always giving that mean look on her face.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-04-03, 23:29   Link #696
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

I don't think Mio's actually tsundere, she's just playing boke and tsukkomi with Ritsu, probably due to force of habit.

Don't most people have a certain friend who's always so over the top that you can't help but be straight-laced compared to him/her? I've had several friends like this throughout my life... and I'm not sure whether to be glad or not of this fact.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 23:34   Link #697
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyway is there a possibility of the girls in K-On doing covers from other anime? I would like them to do....

1. God Knows - HSnY
2. Kimi Ni Mune Kyun - Maria x Holic

Don't know though, but the ED is very nice.

Old 2009-04-03, 23:45   Link #698
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
I don't think Mio's actually tsundere, she's just playing boke and tsukkomi with Ritsu, probably due to force of habit.

Don't most people have a certain friend who's always so over the top that you can't help but be straight-laced compared to him/her? I've had several friends like this throughout my life... and I'm not sure whether to be glad or not of this fact.
lol oh I know how that feels, had 2 such friends through out 2nd school like that...altho at times i did play alogn with there over the top antics

Mio is more shy than tsun shes great in the manga and I hope they capture that in the anime, well they have done very well so far
Old 2009-04-03, 23:48   Link #699
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Just wonder why no one has posted anything about 翼をください(Tsubasawo Kudasai) yet. I have tried to find some nonvocal band performance on Youtube but no luck, here is the piano solo for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjXAQ...eature=related
I did find the music box version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1iJysktZw
Old 2009-04-04, 00:01   Link #700
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I keep seeing Mio and Ritsu as Yomi and Tomo in Azumanga Daioh, save Ritsu doesn't seem nearly as hyperactive as Tomo, thus doesn't piss Mio off as much as Yomi gets. (I miss Rie Tanaka's Yomi voice). But Ritsu also seems to have a Sunohara vibe...she gave Mio that half perverted look Sunohara would give out while plotting something to do to Tomoyo.

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen