AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 20:50   Link #701
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
It's not so simple as Furuichi being racist. Furuichi saw many friends, people that he knew injured and killed because of the human forms. Now that Akiyuki is one of them he blames Akiyuki too. He hates all the human forms. He also knows Akiyuki let that girl on who blew up the bus. Yes Furuichi is wrong and his hate is misguided but his reaction is human. Let's just say humans are not perfect and sometimes we are blinded by hate.
But it is still a fact that he is being racist. It is people like them that keeps the world in endless cycle of violence.

I do not think a lot of people died in that bus. Because The girl was waiting for Akiyuki to get out of the bus before suicide-bombing. I think only at least 3 people died from the bus. Most of them died from the invasion.

His hate is misdirected. His "hate" is only a front for his jealousy which tops his hate. I mean Furuichi of all things is acting like he lost everything because of humanforms. If we consider friends. His closest friends are Haru and Akiyuki, his mother and father are still alive. He should have less "hate" than those people who have their family killed. I do not think that he is as compassionate as we think he is. If he was he should've been at least glad to see Akiyuki, he never knew Akiyuki turned into a Xam'd before they met.

edit: I am still surprised he hasn't raped Haru yet. I thought he would with his Jealousy and all.

Last edited by nadare; 2008-09-08 at 20:57. Reason: Add something to my Furuichi bashing
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:27   Link #702
Sci-Fi

Haru must have got hit with some of that bus blast green material if she can 'hear' a xam'd and saw that obelisk with the big eye on top. Hope Haru ends up working with Akiyuki's dad. Can't see her staying in the same unit with Furuichi too much longer.
Sci-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:57   Link #703
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sci-Fi View Post
Haru must have got hit with some of that bus blast green material if she can 'hear' a xam'd and saw that obelisk with the big eye on top. Hope Haru ends up working with Akiyuki's dad. Can't see her staying in the same unit with Furuichi too much longer.
I wouldn't be surpised if it happened. The way thing goes, she's clearly showing signs of that she wouldn't be of much use in battles agaisnt humanforms, so.. <_<.

Hmm, at what time does Xam'd air/gets released, BTW?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:09   Link #704
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
edit: I am still surprised he hasn't raped Haru yet. I thought he would with his Jealousy and all.
Nah he's not quite THAT vile yet, though he's sliding downwards with every passing episode. It looks like giving him a gun, uniform and a sense of superiority is really messing him up.

He used to be a nice guy, but judging from that episode? Bad roads ahead.
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:58   Link #705
zerome

I am still surprised he hasn't raped Haru yet. I thought he would with his Jealousy and all.

Where did that come from? I mean I never knew the anime was going in that direction. Wow
zerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 23:04   Link #706
Ninjacat

It's not, don't worry. Though I honestly wouldn't leave Haru with Furuichi alone if I I knew those in real life. He's got issues.

Not that Haru is helping much mind you.
Old 2008-09-08, 23:17   Link #707
ZODDGUTS

He'll probably try but Haru thankfully is strong enough to kick his ass.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 00:57   Link #708
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

then again he may become the one who he hates (which is a humaform or a xam'd)

and well totally lost it became the final boss that must be either defeated or saved

still i hate furuichi
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 01:57   Link #709
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I wouldn't be surpised if it happened. The way thing goes, she's clearly showing signs of that she wouldn't be of much use in battles agaisnt humanforms, so.. <_<.

Hmm, at what time does Xam'd air/gets released, BTW?
Its released on Tuesdays, idk which time of the hour though since it is a PSN only release.

PSN = Playstation Network. You need a ps3 for this.

Its usually on the internets by wed/thursday.
Old 2008-09-09, 02:55   Link #710
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
then again he may become the one who he hates (which is a humaform or a xam'd)

and well totally lost it became the final boss that must be either defeated or saved

still i hate furuichi
If he becomes a Xam'd, he's definately going to get a big head. He's going to think he's the best Xam'd and since he didn't let Nazuna on the bus, he's the best one to ever exist. I can see it now. He's going to become a Xam'd and go power crazy and start turning into stone. He'll expect Akiyuki & company to help him after everything he's done, but he'll turn into stone and die.

As for the Xam'd, I really hope to see a bunch more in future episodes.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 04:59   Link #711
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Ep9's up. Can't wait for the download to be done!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 10:03   Link #712
arias

What does everyone think of Xam'd so far? It hasn't turned out to be the mega-classic I thought it was going to be from the first two episodes.. We'll see I guess.

The character development is sometimes abit too quick.. the evolution of the jealousy and hatred was pretty snappy. The circumstances the characters are placed in are also -_-?

Still hoping to see great stuff.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 10:51   Link #713
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
But it is still a fact that he is being racist. It is people like them that keeps the world in endless cycle of violence.

I do not think a lot of people died in that bus. Because The girl was waiting for Akiyuki to get out of the bus before suicide-bombing. I think only at least 3 people died from the bus. Most of them died from the invasion.

His hate is misdirected. His "hate" is only a front for his jealousy which tops his hate. I mean Furuichi of all things is acting like he lost everything because of humanforms. If we consider friends. His closest friends are Haru and Akiyuki, his mother and father are still alive. He should have less "hate" than those people who have their family killed. I do not think that he is as compassionate as we think he is. If he was he should've been at least glad to see Akiyuki, he never knew Akiyuki turned into a Xam'd before they met.

I never said his hate was not wrong or misdirected all I said was that it was human. If you watched a lot of people around you die and suffer you might react differently too. And I don't think his hatred is only a front for his jealousy. I am not arguing that he is jealous of Akiyuki but his hatred for all human forms is not just a front for this. Although yes it is probably easier for Furuichi to see Akiyuki as less then human because of his jealousy.

Look I am not defending him or what he did. He is obviously letting his hatred and fear of the human forms blind him. I think the show is just making a statement with Furuichi that for humans it is very easy to find a scape goat and to turn to hate when things like this happen. And yes in these situations many people will even turn against their friends. This is what fear and prejudice does to a person.

And no I do not think Furuichi is capable of raping Haru I don't see where you get this.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 17:11   Link #714
DarkLordOfkichiku

Ookay, saw the newest episode...

Spoiler for episode 9:
Old 2008-09-09, 17:21   Link #715
Ninjacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
What does everyone think of Xam'd so far? It hasn't turned out to be the mega-classic I thought it was going to be from the first two episodes.. We'll see I guess.

The character development is sometimes abit too quick.. the evolution of the jealousy and hatred was pretty snappy. The circumstances the characters are placed in are also -_-?

Still hoping to see great stuff.
Uo to now it's a pile of wasted potential; awesome visuals, engaging characters... and weak, by the numbers writing.
Old 2008-09-09, 19:32   Link #716
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Ookay, saw the newest episode...

Spoiler for episode 9:
Well, Ep9 was pretty much 100% character development, and it looks like Ep10 will continue with that.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:54   Link #717
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Well, Ep9 was pretty much 100% character development, and it looks like Ep10 will continue with that.

Spoiler:
Looks that way, yeah.

Spoiler for episode 9 and so on...:
Old 2008-09-09, 22:06   Link #718
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
He'll probably try but Haru thankfully is strong enough to kick his ass.
In similar talent scenario, the guy is probably stronger. Haru could only beat a guy if he is far weaker. Haru is no Yawara.

I agree. I wouldn't leave Haru alone with Furuichi. But I don't think Sony would back a title that went that far. Then again there was Blood+...However, it would be very realistic if it did.

Last edited by orion; 2008-09-09 at 22:17.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 03:09   Link #719
Mashimaro
q8D

Could I get some information regarding the ending song? Such as when it'll be released?
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 09:44   Link #720
nadare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I never said his hate was not wrong or misdirected all I said was that it was human.
Of course you didn't because I said that.

Quote:
If you watched a lot of people around you die and suffer you might react differently too. And I don't think his hatred is only a front for his jealousy. I am not arguing that he is jealous of Akiyuki but his hatred for all human forms is not just a front for this. Although yes it is probably easier for Furuichi to see Akiyuki as less then human because of his jealousy.
Yes I agree that not all of his hatred for human forms is for his jealousy. But as we have seen now its one of the major reasons.

Quote:
And no I do not think Furuichi is capable of raping Haru I don't see where you get this.
The way he is acting right now. I wont be surprised if he will.

Tags
bones