AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-22, 12:03   Link #2401
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Wait till you see the next part...... Working on it now.

Progress been slow ever since I got a part-time job......

Speaking of Seiri, now we know why she's called the 'iron wall girl'......
Lol, no problem no problem =3. We very patient so take your time . And I agree with you lol. Gotta love Seiri. Wish she can play a more active role in TAMNI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if I remember it right the next part is much more hilarious though what I read is raw so its not too much accurate for me but

Spoiler:

Among all girls the only one I truly adore and I can say can control touma is Seiri.
That I agree with you on, except biri-biri ties with Seiri for first place in my ranking lol. Although, can't Index control Touma somewhat? =O
Old 2010-03-22, 12:08   Link #2402
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
coughAurreluscough

Yeah but the problem is Touma never used such powers before he loss his memories, IMO Touma, being at Academy City, had no way to discover his powers in a scientific way.
The way I see it, Touma's memory loss was only supposed to be an ironic contrast to Index's fate after her ordeal with John's Pen. Index ended up keeping her memories while Touma ended up losing his.

Touma's personality is almost exactly the same as before the memory loss, and it's fairly evident from the fact that no one found out. Of course, he forgot some things, like who his parents are and the fact that Misaka has a reputation for being a lv5 esper, but those facts could and were easily rediscovered. In fact, isn't it because Touma's personality stayed the same after the memory loss that Misaka realizes her affection for him in vol. 16?

Terra's provoking question about Touma's memory is only based on the assumption that you would naturally discover your full capabilities after having the power for so long. Touma probably never learned his IB's full power, especially since all he knew back then was science when his IB transcends science. Touma only got angry because someone found out about his memory loss.

Now, on the issue of the full power of Imagine Breaker, I'd imagine that it's just the ability to negate all magical and esper abilities, not most abilities. Touma's right arm has shown to have its limits, namely against Index's Dragon Breath and Stiyl's Innocentus. If IB was at full power, Touma probably could negate the more powerful abilities will less effort, and it probably won't be limited to his right arm anymore.

On a side note, d'aaww Index got embarrassed. I guess this proves that Index probably would have bitten Touma for him seeing her sleeping regardless of his answer.

I also wonder if the magical heroines like Index and Kanzaki Kaori will ever get involved more with the esper side, or if any of the esper heroines like Misaka will get involved with the magical side like Accelerator. I want to see Index more in action, and I want to see Misaka be put against people that can match her in combat like Accel.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2010-03-22 at 12:19.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:19   Link #2403
paptimus
dark nexon

Quote:

Yeah but the problem is Touma never used such powers before he loss his memories, IMO Touma, being at Academy City, had no way to discover his powers in a scientific way.
so how does terra know what IB is really capable of if it is something yet to be discovered? i guess toma didn't know what it is even when he had his memories but then how does terra know ?

my second question : we don't if what terra had in his mind about IB is the same as what fiamma-chan has in his mind about it so if the author is using the policy of "silence all those who know the truth" then having terra disapear is a logical step by aquas hand , however fiamma also thinks he knows what IB really is but never really made a grand statement of knowing what its really capable of if touma unlocks its power. so a logical conclusion is that either fiamma and terras depth of knowledge about it is different or they're talking about different things.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:39   Link #2404
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
That I agree with you on, except biri-biri ties with Seiri for first place in my ranking lol. Although, can't Index control Touma somewhat? =O
Yes, she can, to the point Toums fears her bites.
Old 2010-03-22, 12:51   Link #2405
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
So I was somewhat right lol.

well, poor Touma, some of the girl's show their affection for him by means of force. I salute his enduring pain T^T
Old 2010-03-22, 12:58   Link #2406
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
In fact, isn't it because Touma's personality stayed the same after the memory loss that Misaka realizes her affection for him in vol. 16?
Mmmm... putting aside she has friends, is rich, is a Level 5, etc... she just wants to feel more "special" and in that way she is foccusing on Touma, she realized her affections because she discovered Touma was acting friendly the whole time and thus she fears to not be special, thats why she, trying to bring him a better image of her, thought to ask the Level 5 telepatj known as the Queen for help and offered her help when an injured Touma was going to a fight.

Quote:
Terra's provoking question about Touma's memory is only based on the assumption that you would naturally discover your full capabilities after having the power for so long. Touma probably never learned his IB's full power, especially since all he knew back then was science when his IB transcends science. Touma only got angry because someone found out about his memory loss.
Terra assumed that fact from the basis of the abnormal luck of people with divine powers as saints.

Quote:
Now, on the issue of the full power of Imagine Breaker, I'd imagine that it's just the ability to negate all magical and esper abilities, not most abilities. Touma's right arm has shown to have its limits, namely against Index's Dragon Breath and Stiyl's Innocentus. If IB was at full power, Touma probably could negate the more powerful abilities will less effort, and it probably won't be limited to his right arm anymore.
True, the volume says that his current power is only a bit of his full powers can extend to his whole body and beyond, and do more rather than just erasing powers like stopping a rockslide without being imbued with powers(magic or esp).

Quote:
I also wonder if the magical heroines like Index and Kanzaki Kaori will ever get involved more with the esper side, or if any of the esper heroines like Misaka will get involved with the magical side like Accelerator. I want to see Index more in action, and I want to see Misaka be put against people that can match her in combat like Accel.
Accelerator has no idea about what magic is yet, he just fought magicians just like Gunha did against Aurrelus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post
so how does terra know what IB is really capable of if it is something yet to be discovered? i guess toma didn't know what it is even when he had his memories but then how does terra know ?
Well, he was the one who said that Imagine breaker is not the real name of his power and existed many time ago under a different denomination and sure he knew about him but sadly Aleister send his forces and then that friki zealot-called-Acqua killed Terra D:*tears*. About the memories, Terra just assumed his memory loss and pushed Touma to admit this, such misfortune.

Quote:
my second question : we don't if what terra had in his mind about IB is the same as what fiamma-chan has in his mind about it so if the author is using the policy of "silence all those who know the truth" then having terra disapear is a logical step by aquas hand , however fiamma also thinks he knows what IB really is but never really made a grand statement of knowing what its really capable of if touma unlocks its power. so a logical conclusion is that either fiamma and terras depth of knowledge about it is different or they're talking about different things.
I think both have some connection, Fiamma and Terra hinted that Touma's power is divine in nature, I don't think that Fiamma is going to tell Touma how to defeat him by telling how his powers work. But, there some chances, if Terra was about to tell Touma the truth, why not Fiamma? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker
well, poor Touma, some of the girl's show their affection for him by means of force. I salute his enduring pain T^T
So do I.
Old 2010-03-22, 13:20   Link #2407
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I think both have some connection, Fiamma and Terra hinted that Touma's power is divine in nature, I don't think that Fiamma is going to tell Touma how to defeat him by telling how his powers work. But, there some chances, if Terra was about to tell Touma the truth, why not Fiamma? .
fianma wants touma's right hand, he'd chop it from touma's shoulder rightaway if he had the chance so why would he tell touma the truth

it is already vol 20 and we dont see sudden power-up like in those shounen manga, but I want to see it happen with Touma. he's stupid not to search the truth about his right hand after all the things happened >_>
the arc bishop might know something about it, Touma can force her to tell him, as he wont be able to get to ask Aleister. other than the arc bishop and aleister I cant think one who might know Touma's right hand's truth. sasha maybe?
Old 2010-03-22, 13:28   Link #2408
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe the pope only if he search in the Vatican library...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
the arc bishop might know something about it, Touma can force her to tell him, as he wont be able to get to ask Aleister. other than the arc bishop and aleister I cant think one who might know Touma's right hand's truth. sasha maybe?
Mmmm... which arc bishop???
Old 2010-03-22, 13:35   Link #2409
paptimus
dark nexon

i think laura , but considering her personality she would eat touma alive before he could put her in an unfavourable situation.
Old 2010-03-22, 15:53   Link #2410
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

All Touma has to do is to use his charm against her. Even Laura wouldn't be able to resist him. :P
Old 2010-03-22, 16:19   Link #2411
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
All Touma has to do is to use his charm against her. Even Laura wouldn't be able to resist him. :P
He needs to call in his dad Touya to double the pressure and he would be able to rule over England in no time
Old 2010-03-22, 16:21   Link #2412
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
He needs to call in his dad Touya to double the pressure and he would be able to rule over England in no time
That's right! Just like how Aqua was double-saint!

I'm actually rooting for Touma x Carissa :P
Old 2010-03-22, 17:07   Link #2413
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Oh God, no! Now you're making me want that to seriously happen. AAAHHH!!!

I think one day not only us here, but the rest of the world will recognize Touma as a Launcher Of A Thousand Ships - a literal thousand. And play with that for the laughs.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2010-03-22 at 17:45.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:33   Link #2414
Shadow5YA

The problem is that Touma hasn't had a peaceful day since... wait, has he ever had an uneventful day since he took Index in? He can't just start his search for the Imagine Breaker out of the blue.

I really hope Touma's Imagine Breaker isn't magic. That would be the most disappointing development ever, considering that the entire series makes a big deal about the balance between magic and science.
Old 2010-03-22, 17:41   Link #2415
paptimus
dark nexon

i agree , it has to be something else , or the plot level is going to decrease.
Old 2010-03-22, 18:13   Link #2416
zato_1one

@tsunade666

Well said, I also think something like that.

I start to suspect that he may sometimes be able to manipulate vector of the plot too.
Old 2010-03-22, 18:49   Link #2417
paptimus
dark nexon

yes i believe if touma uses his toxic punch on laura he would be able to infect her with his kamiyan disease and then he would get into all kinds of misfortune with her , then again it might not even take a punch since his powers are definitly level 6 when it comes to harem perfection. i actually think that it isn't that IB power isn't growing its that all that energy is going somewhere else.
Old 2010-03-22, 19:03   Link #2418
giorno

Quote:
That's right! Just like how Aqua was double-saint!

I'm actually rooting for Touma x Carissa :P
ah! a comrade! *vigorously shakes hands*
Old 2010-03-22, 20:42   Link #2419
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
Lol, no problem no problem =3. We very patient so take your time . And I agree with you lol. Gotta love Seiri. Wish she can play a more active role in TAMNI.

Mikoto control over touma? nah and even index. Those two scares touma because of what they are doing. Look at biribiri. Who wouldn't be scared of her if she just strike you lightning bolts out of anger and also index. She always bite the guy.

But if you look at Seiri.... its more like authority than scaring the poor guy

queen and slave relationship

Quote:
Does touma's charm also work on adults? on age 18 like oriana and kaori it might be pulled off because of 2 years gap but despite the looks of Laura she's an adult. She's always been teased like that an archbishop that looks young but only looks young

Touma: go ask help from his dad touya

Touya: Okay! Touma if its for my son let's go

Shiina: and Touya-san where do you think your going?

Touya: kaa-san..... your face your face, your scaring touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post

Terra and Fiannma would probably know it. Terra being the oldest in the God's right seat should be the most knowledgeable of the 4. And Fianma being the second. Heck his old enough to even take disciples. His disciple is the pope itself.
Those two probably had access on lots of stuff plus unlike the other 2 which had justice and revenge on their minds. This 2 are corrupt and hunger for power. So it wouldn't be too surprising if they are seeking powers in lots of ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The way I see it, Touma's memory loss was only supposed to be an ironic contrast to Index's fate after her ordeal with John's Pen. Index ended up keeping her memories while Touma ended up losing his.

Touma's personality is almost exactly the same as before the memory loss, and it's fairly evident from the fact that no one found out. Of course, he forgot some things, like who his parents are and the fact that Misaka has a reputation for being a lv5 esper, but those facts could and were easily rediscovered. In fact, isn't it because Touma's personality stayed the same after the memory loss that Misaka realizes her affection for him in vol. 16?

In a series with lots of coincidence on their side. I wouldn't be surprised on the memory lost being the key to unlocking lots of secrets.

And touma being the same.... I don't know maybe they are the same because he got suck on it the same way. As for before memory lost he always got on troubles with the esper and after it he got suck in troubles on the magic side. Being like styl being the first to ask for help and touma seeing those things on the cram school with lots of deaths. Would only strengthen his justice again. It's more like the environment for me on how one takes actions. Maybe because of the same environment that lead too being the same allies of Justice. Plus isn't Aleister the one who ask for help on the magic side? and even ask to bring his Imagine BREAKER!!!! along. I also wouldn't be surprised if its the plan of Aleister himself. Molding his young imagine breaker on his ideal way. Being the hero type of person. Plus touma meeting with the SISTERS and meeting on an Angel. If all those meeting didn't occur I think their might be a chance of difference in way.

Terra's way of gathering information by provoking the enemy is basics. But he sure got a big info with memory lost. He might be playing with words at first. Saying that maybe you had forgotten the way on using it. But turning it right might give Terra some kind of feeling of superiority. Like when you know a secret and the person doesn't know it. And you want to tease the other on the secret. It might be same. Terra saying small by small info on Touma about the true nature of imagine breaker and its true name.

Given the almost 5 people in the whole world knows the true nature of imagine breaker then with one down. The only once who might know it are Aleister and Fianmma for sure plus Laura might be and some hints on the pope knowing something when Fiannma said that a boy from Japan can cancel miracles.

As for its true potential..... I'm thinking of complete control on magic and esper abilities. Like total domination and not just erasing but controlling what ever it touch.
Old 2010-03-22, 21:22   Link #2420
Shadow5YA

Touma's charm is that he's so direct.
Misaka has been shown to be tsundere only over the people close to her. Think about it; she's nice to all girls other than Kuroko, and in vol. 12, the only person she would readily dump her stuff onto is Kuroko, because they're roommates. Touma's the only person whom Misaka would throw her full power at, because she knows that he can take it and won't hurt her back.
The same goes for Index. She had chances to bite other annoying guys, like Tsuchimikado and the blue-haired guy. Why didn't she?
In a way, certain girls being so abusive to him is a sign of trust, because they know him well enough to know that they can. It's like cracking joke insults toward your friends.

I think Touma's Imagine Breaker is meant to be a divine power, as in a power that transcends past everything known to man. However, the author has to be careful with his future explanation, because it sounds like IB is really close to magic when it's supposed to be neither magic nor esper ability. IB needs to be explained somehow as divine, yet also different from the religious magic in this series.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen