AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-18, 14:16   Link #1681
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiGT View Post
Wow again a superberb episode!!

Great too see the character-developement of Hei

Just fantastic.

Episode 21 will be the hit too

Towards the final this show is getting more and more brilliant.

Btw:

SInce the characters do resemble each other pretty much, the guy in the white silk, is he the one with the "blood-attack" again?

In the end Hei shall die peacefully.
Yes is Weiss... he is scary..i dont want him near to Hei.. . The preview show a fight between them.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:04   Link #1682
Itachi-evil
Banned

Well actually Hei is really intelligent rather than being powerfull.

He made most of his power so far. There are much more dangerous powers than Hei's elecricíty

Without the "doll" (who showed great interest in Hei, since he saeved her and even kissed her) in the first two episodes, Hei would be quite dead.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:19   Link #1683
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He's skillful and athletic more than "intelligent". The guy's a damn ninja even without his power, which is really more of a bonus.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:30   Link #1684
Itachi-evil
Banned

Yeah he is pretty atheletic, but i mean intelligence in reagard to his combat senses!

He knows when to fight and how to fight properly. ALso very fast in analyzing the situations.

Remember he gavve himself an electroshock to counter the opponent's? Without this, he would be pretty sure dead.

So skillfull means not only athletic but also mostly "intelligence", which helped him out big time.
Old 2007-08-18, 17:12   Link #1685
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

He is very athletic and fast!, but more than ninja he seems to be trained in the cirque du soleil... and yes he is very clever.. but about his power, i have the feeling that he hasn`t show all the real power that he has...
Old 2007-08-18, 17:17   Link #1686
Itachi-evil
Banned

Well the time he will show his maximum power could most probably be the last time, since the (yet unknown) remuneration he would have to pay would cost his life
Old 2007-08-18, 17:48   Link #1687
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 20 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-18, 19:06   Link #1688
Gsus

Great episode, if DTB had it's own sub-forum with threads for episodes, I'd give this one a 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tresor
Spoiler for Spoiler for Answer to My Question of How Huang Situation would be manipulated by syndicate::
I'm not sure about that.

Spoiler:

Having said that, I think I see where DTB is taking the story.

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2007-08-19, 03:54   Link #1689
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
my interrest in that serie has been slowly dying when it stoped being dark, so i had stoped watching it, i must admit i was pretty confused when watching the new opening of episode 20. i though i had download an episode of wagan midnight or initial D.
apart from that, the show is still too convential to make it really worth my time too bad it couldnt keep the atmosphere of the first 2 episodes...
Old 2007-08-19, 09:01   Link #1690
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Hey wao, I had a thought this morning. Wanna bet that this is how the final eps will be named?

Ep 23 - 神は天にいまし
Ep 24 - すべて世は事もなし
Ep 25 - 黒より暗し, 黒の契約者
Old 2007-08-19, 14:52   Link #1691
chaos_alfa

I still don't understand the scene were Huang is pulling Shihoko with him in episode 19. Is that the first time they met?.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:09   Link #1692
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well....that was a sad past two episodes.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:40   Link #1693
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

And so the boundary between human and Contractor becomes even less prominent after these two episodes.
Old 2007-08-19, 18:23   Link #1694
GUTB_

I was wrong about Contractors being normal people who gained a power in exchange for becoming emo. They are normal people who gained a power in exchange for becoming tsunderes. It's been obvious a long time ago that Contractors are not self-centered killers, and that dolls are not emotionless shells.

In this episode, Alma argued that Contractors are just humans with an evolved mind that is more rational and self-interested, just as there are humans who throw away sentiment and focus of becoming rational are able to succeed.

But right from the begging of the series I questioned the whole Contractor issue -- the fact is, if I was cold, calculating and only interested in my own well-being, would I go around killing people and getting into dangerous situations for some government/criminal organization? No I wouldn't. If my renumeration was painful or difficult I'd probably never use my power. So basically, contractors are really just being exploited, and if left alone they would probably live in peace for the most part.
Old 2007-08-19, 18:30   Link #1695
kauldron26
Med Student

just finished ep 20. the show just keeps getting better. now lets just hope that Hei's death in the last ep is carefully crafted and poignant.
Old 2007-08-19, 18:36   Link #1696
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yes, but there are two factors. One is the "pride of the Contractor", which makes them want to use their power no matter what. The other is that contractors are unlikely to be left alone. There'll always be someone trying to exploit them, which reduces the possibilities of them living in peace.

I'm sure there are a few discreet ones out there, but they won't appear in the story precisely because they're so boring. As for the others, who were found out as contractors... Well, the choice's basically working for an organisation, or being blackmailed by them.
Old 2007-08-19, 19:38   Link #1697
evil-samurai

There was a Popularity poll, on the @nifty website, (sorry if its already been posted here >.>)

I only know the first three results, would be great if anyone could translate all the results. I'd guess it would be Misaki, Mao or November next in the poll, though not sure about the order.

1.Hei
2.Yin
3.Lei
Old 2007-08-19, 20:02   Link #1698
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

That was a "mission" to choose a character for an official wall paper, it was close like two monts ago and the Hei (the winner) wallpaper its in the same page.
The new "missions" are about make cosplayer of Hei or Yin.. you can even download the Hei mask to print it.
Old 2007-08-19, 22:44   Link #1699
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima
That was a "mission" to choose a character for an official wall paper, it was close like two monts ago and the Hei (the winner) wallpaper its in the same page.
So thats what is was.. I pictured it was more like the winner got a wallpaper of him and not you vote for the wallpaper, still it sounds like in the end it was basically a popularity contest.
Quote:
The new "missions" are about make cosplayer of Hei or Yin.. you can even download the Hei mask to print it.
Saw the mask of hei there, looks kinda neat, Haven't seen too many Cosplay pictures of anyone.
Old 2007-08-20, 05:05   Link #1700
Iggy_Pop

Any information about the naked woman who seems to be Wei's love interest in episode 21?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural