AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 43 32.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 29.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 15.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-06, 02:28   Link #101
Janifuu
緩和

Perfect 10 on this ep. for me. It comes to show how much Ryuuji does indeed love and want/need Taiga in his life, hes pretty much a wreck without her. And I love Yasuko so much more after watching this, shes such a wonderful mother
Old 2009-03-06, 02:33   Link #102
BlueDo

This is the first time in the anime where Ryuuji finally sees how Taiga's trying to help him out as best as she can.
Great episode.
Old 2009-03-06, 02:36   Link #103
ThoHell

hmm, sounds like this series is finally doing some relationship development. Guess I should pick it back up. Or is it still just a lot of comedy with little of anything else?
Old 2009-03-06, 02:42   Link #104
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
hmm, sounds like this series is finally doing some relationship development. Guess I should pick it back up. Or is it still just a lot of comedy with little of anything else?
Well, there's some unnecessary ramen eating in this episode.
Old 2009-03-06, 02:45   Link #105
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Just watched the episode with Coalguys subs. Definitely a 10 from me.

It's been mentioned by everyone, but Minori's focus on keeping busy comes about because she's running away from the truth. Rather than believing in ghosts (love) that she cannot see, she would rather keep the things she can see (friendship with Taiga), and devote her efforts on tangible things (work). Ami's incisiveness is, once again, impressive. While Minori was spouting all kinds of metaphors, Ami stole the thunder with just one line - "You want to say that if I just watch and don't interfere, everything will turn out fine, right?"

On a side note, I sometimes speak with obscure metaphors like Minori did. The point of it, imo, isn't in letting the other person know what you're talking about, but more of deriving satisfaction from how you've left clues for the other person, even if they never understood it. It's sort of shifting the blame from you having not told the other person, to him/her not figuring out what you've said.

The last 5 minutes of the episode where Taiga appeared at the doorstep of the Takasu residence was beautifully crafted. It was as though the atmosphere and dynamics of the show had returned to the way the previous episodes were. It had the same feel as the scene in the villa with the dimmed lights, with Taiga commenting that with just her and Ryuuji in the room, it felt as though they were back in the apartment even though they were in a huge room. Ryuuji turned back to normal with Taiga around, rather than his broody self earlier in the episode. It was as if I was watching ToraDora! again (not that the earlier half wasn't ToraDora, but it felt different).

Best quote of the episode (for how I LOLed):
Whatever, talking to you feels like having a period - Ami
Old 2009-03-06, 02:52   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
... no, nothing but ramen eating the whole time.
(what the hell? ?)

Back to the discussion and Ami's witty quips:
I'm really going to have to listen to the dialog closely when I get a chance to watch the sub and see if Ami really said anything remotely like that. Though it is a great line....

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-03-06 at 03:16.
Old 2009-03-06, 03:02   Link #107
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
hmmmm there's hasn't been an actual freaking relationship since the show started, but hey thanks for joining us!

In other news, Ami is the most delicious bitch I've ever come across in anime.

"Talking to you is like being on my period?"

Ooooh, hurt me baby, please~!

<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-03-06, 03:20   Link #108
Peanutbutter

Okay, realised I got something wrong while watching.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Peanutbutter; 2009-03-06 at 03:33.
Old 2009-03-06, 05:13   Link #109
Tsukuyomii

lol, Amy had some awesome stuff to say in this episode... XD

"Now that the kid is at home, daddy can do whatever he wants..."
"Don't go near me. Stupidity is contagious."
"Talking to you is like having a period..."

XDXD I really liked the fight between them. Also, Minori kept going back to the ghost and "seeing" things over and over again...
I was able to follow it, but I think the conversation between the two was a little "high" for normal viewers.

So, in simple words, Minori is scared of love because it's the first time she's feeling it.
Well, as we know this "freaky-crazy" girl, she can just enter the class and kiss Ryuuji infront of everyone!
...But as we know anime and novels, it wont happen. >,>
Old 2009-03-06, 05:32   Link #110
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I find it ironic that I've written more about this episode than the previous one, which is arguably the climax of the series. Nevertheless, this episode is quite revelatory, especially regarding Minori's perceptions in life and Ami's as well.
Old 2009-03-06, 07:41   Link #111
KingOfWorlds
The Destined One

"Talking to you feels like having a Period"
Damn! Lol
Ami can be mean as shit when she want to
Old 2009-03-06, 07:45   Link #112
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch this episode :

Great episode .
Taiga was with her mother . I want to see how is her mother ^^
Ryuji lie to Taiga , he didn't want that she worry .
Ryuji with his mother moment was good ^^
Minorin change , she will get wha she want now ^^ So , do she will move forward and confess to Ryuji ?
Ami was still angry ... poor ami ...
Well , We saw once again that Ryuji is better with Taiga "As i thought being with Taiga is the best"

Next episode : Valentine's day , it will be good ^^ Taiga in maid outfit
Ryuji will get 3 chocolates ? ^^
3 more episodes ..
Old 2009-03-06, 08:28   Link #113
typhonsentra

AM I the only one who got a "Honey and Clover" vibe from the ramen shop owner? The way those guys were glowing over the guy's "Attack" was pretty reminiscent of the ones from those teachers fawning over Takemoto's "Spirit of youth".
Old 2009-03-06, 08:51   Link #114
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomii View Post
So, in simple words, Minori is scared of love because it's the first time she's feeling it.
Well, as we know this "freaky-crazy" girl, she can just enter the class and kiss Ryuuji infront of everyone!
...But as we know anime and novels, it wont happen. >,>
I think even if Minori kisses him in class it's already too late because Ryuuji has already realized he likes Taiga.
Old 2009-03-06, 10:01   Link #115
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Dammit I was expecting Ryuuji to man it up and admit it was him who carried her up that snowy hill and who heard her confessed delirium.

Anyway a not so action-packed episode, most likely as it seems a bridging episode to the last 3.
Old 2009-03-06, 10:13   Link #116
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukuyomii View Post
No... Minori is scared because loving can ruin her dreams...

But... she isn't scared of love because it's the fist time... is scared of ruin her dreams and her friendship. As we saw, she is ok with her decision about follow her future and see Ryuuji and Taiga happy. Congatulations Minori... you are one terrific woman.

Last edited by Fran~; 2009-03-06 at 11:42.
Old 2009-03-06, 10:24   Link #117
Maciste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Dammit I was expecting Ryuuji to man it up and admit it was him who carried her up that snowy hill and who heard her confessed delirium.
QFTW!

At the end of this ep, I thought maybe Ami should be finally clearer to Ryuji and present him with a pair of big plastic balls (sorta "after x-mas present-o). So he can attach them and finally show some development/get rid of his dullness.

Btw, if Ryuji is the father and Minorin the mother, then Ami is the "oh so witty" & cynical granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyway a not so action-packed episode, most likely as it seems a bridging episode to the last 3.
I agree and somehow get the feeling, that Ryuji's overcoming of his own dullness, will represent the final conclusion (otherwise we would have seen this sorta development way earlier in the series).
Old 2009-03-06, 11:21   Link #118
ElementSun

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
AM I the only one who got a "Honey and Clover" vibe from the ramen shop owner? The way those guys were glowing over the guy's "Attack" was pretty reminiscent of the ones from those teachers fawning over Takemoto's "Spirit of youth".
Well, Honey and Clover and Toradora were both directed by the same person :P
Old 2009-03-06, 11:42   Link #119
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
No... Minori is scared because loving can ruin her dreams...

But... she isn't scared of love because it's the fist time... is scared of ruin her dreams and her friendship. As we saw, she is ok with her decision about follow her future and see Ryuuji and Taiga happy. Congatulations Minori... you are one terrific woman.
You should remove the spoiler, it's material that should appear in episode 23.
Old 2009-03-06, 11:43   Link #120
Fran~
floating away...

done... but we already discuss that... but im ok with it.