AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 26 12.15%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.67%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.40%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.87%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 05:49   Link #241
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
What i mean is, they can populate a floor that fast? I should check the dates, but according to the calendar the boss was killed just a few days before the whole duel whatever. Maybe they can, but it still seems a little soon.
Anyone can teleport to any opened main city from some place in the main city of the floor they're in.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:50   Link #242
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Well I guess the main problem with the show is that it requires the viewer to pay good attention to the clues and register all information that has been given, AND remember them from week to week. A lot will be missed when just casually watching it.
(it’s easy to just ignore the dates and forget just how much time has passed for instance).

Kirito and Asuna’s relation buildup has been quite well developed so far, and this episode is just the logical conclusion. It's just that it was done too subtly for the average viewer.
And sorry for those who thought Kirito was a harem lead; he’s not. His choice is very clear.

Also about Kirito ignoring how he just killed someone, his first reaction does show that he’s in shock (just standing there without saying a word). It’s only when Asuna says she’ll leave him alone that he reacts, because that’s pretty much the last thing he ever wants her to do.

In short,
Kirito: “I need Asuna” > “I killed someone”
Asuna: “Kirito almost got killed twice in a few days because of me” > “two people died”

The later also explains the aftermath. It didn’t “all happened suddenly in a night”. The events of the last days were a trigger for them to come to terms with their relation. In other circumstances that would have taken time, but… this is not another circumstance! They both almost lost what has become the anchor in their life these past months.

First meeting between Kirito and Asuna: December 2022
Murder mystery arc: April 2024
Current arc: October 2024

What do you mean sudden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green˛ View Post
<...>
At best at the moment, Kirito should be orange status now, but not clear if they'll go anywhere with that.
No. Why would he?

It's shown quite clearly that Kuradeel became orange when he first hit Geodfrey with his sword (the diamond shaped thing above his head changed colour).
You only become orange if you attack a green player (whether you just slap or outright kill him, there is no difference game-wise).
Orange players a fair game and you can do anything to them: you will not loose your green status (once again the system does not differentiate between just poking or outright killing another player).

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2012-09-09 at 06:00. Reason: orange status
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:59   Link #243
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
2 years? I mean, that's not hard to answer.
He started out as 1-hand swordsman, was always grinding it till dual blades appeared, which he probably trained at nighttime. He's just never been shown to use bare hands and if a few months were enough to master a class, then everyone would be a master of everything already.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:00   Link #244
chaos_alfa

Spoiler for Novel Comparsioson:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:04   Link #245
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think he mastered unarmed combat.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:05   Link #246
Senshigeia

Did they have sex??

Loved this episode!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Senshigeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:07   Link #247
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Speaking of that, I find it interesting that everyone is like "Kirito you go dawg!" and no one is like "Nice going, Asuna!". Yet these same people have been tossing around the sexist ball for several threads.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:08   Link #248
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
Did they have sex??
I was wondering this too, going by Kiritos initial reaction I didn't think so, but the scene kinda implied it.

[mod edit: removed novel references]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-09 at 11:21. Reason: Novel comparisons have to be behind spoiler tags
sudolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:10   Link #249
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

To be honest, i never really expected that the fight against the general of White knights(Or whatever it is) will be sooner and it ended fast. I expected the battle will last the whole episode lol
It seems they wasted godfray as a character. I thought he is cool, for me at least. Oh and another thing. Dammit kirito! Why you didn't take the chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yes, they did it....
lol they did?
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:12   Link #250
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel
He started out as 1-hand swordsman, was always grinding it till dual blades appeared, which he probably trained at nighttime. He's just never been shown to use bare hands and if a few months were enough to master a class, then everyone would be a master of everything already.
Kirito is often portrayed as often going out of his way to actually train skills in the story. Though, honestly, if it's a level up by using said skills, then I think most gamers would actually do go out of their ways to train skills (especially considering they have little else to do). Think jumping around like an idiot in Oblivion, summoning demons and proceeding to get beaten to near death by it, kill it with fire and then heal yourself, and you do this from lvl 1. You don't even need to be a game expert to come out with exploit like this I guess.

So yeah, maybe everyone is a master of everything, but not important enough to be mentioned simply because the story is focusing mostly on Kirito.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:13   Link #251
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kirito is a playa, what did you expect?
Quote:
I don't think he mastered unarmed combat.
Fair point, that makes things easier...although he did pierce through armor lol.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:14   Link #252
Sumeragi
Banned

I refuse to believe they did anything except cuddle! Otherwise it is a disgrace to the story given the poor execution of the episode!

- Sumeragi, Militant Romanticist
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:21   Link #253
Solafighter
Hige

Missing the dialog from the novel..

Spoiler for novel content:

I dont think they did it.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:22   Link #254
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I refuse to believe they did anything except cuddle! Otherwise it is a disgrace to the story given the poor execution of the episode!

- Sumeragi, Militant Romanticist
Yeh... Cuddling whilst Asuna strips to her undergarments. It's all pure and innocent with rainbows and sunshine .

Bollocks to all that... they had coitus

Good thing to note about Virtual Reality Sex is that it comes with natural contraceptive!
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:33   Link #255
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Yeh... Cuddling whilst Asuna strips to her undergarments. It's all pure and innocent with rainbows and sunshine .

Bollocks to all that... they had coitus

Good thing to note about Virtual Reality Sex is that it comes with natural contraceptive!
Yeah... intoxicating tooo
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:33   Link #256
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
BTW, why didn't Kirito use Dark Repulser? Or did he paint it green or something?
It was always green to begin with.

The production value keep getting stale without any reason. Whereas Heathcliff/Kirito fight started okay-ish, I can't say it doesn't look too good to use the very same stock animation that came from the very previous episode (the simultaneous front double slash, right after he activated Starburst Stream against the gleam eyes).
Adding conveniently long flashbacks left and right, and this episode sure has a lazy presentation.

Plot wise, the episode felt definitely rushed (not like the romance lacked building, but the lack of transitions between the different scenes in this episode made it completely disjointed).
Meanwhile, Godfree was indeed quite an idiot for that whole training session, especially if you consider the context between Kuradeel and Kirito. That and his request to take care of all crystals, completely irresponsible should a real abnormal situation arise (aside of this one, you could have laughing coffin ambushing them, or irregular mob etc).
Speaking of which, I was also surprised big time that Kuradeel and especially Kirito had so few crystals: even if it is only the 55th floor, that's a little careless to have only 1 heal and teleport crystal.
Another detail that still doesn't make sense to me: do they really -not- feel pain in SAO? It is beyond being "just startled" by having something sticking in you, that's definitely pain both Godfree and Kirito went through so...
On the other hand, it seems they really forgot about Battle Regeneration skill like last week huh? Dramatic low hp nonetheless, at least make it visible it isn't moot to introduce it (I don't think Kirito would be confident enough to unequip this skill in both events anyway).
Finally, past the fact Kirito's hand could regen quickly like this, I was more surprised that the amount of hp he lost was rathe small considering how crippling this injury is.

This episode was more or less fine with its conclusion, but it had a lot of things brushed over that is quite similar to the side stories episodes. Delivering what fans expected is one thing, but presenting it in this fashion doesn't really cut it.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:38   Link #257
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Finally, past the fact Kirito's hand could regen quickly like this, I was more surprised that the amount of hp he lost was rathe small considering how crippling this injury is.
My guess it's the status effect "crippled". Though usually it's a magical debilitation curable with potions instead of actually having a severed limb...that regrows. I don't know how to extract realism out of that
Old 2012-09-09, 06:38   Link #258
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
lol they did?
I hate to spoil it but it's obviously that they did it...
if not, then Kirito must be a gay...

Spoiler for spoil further:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:44   Link #259
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

They did (and I kinda wish I never read the specifics, dood's a good SF author but he can't write sex for shit) the novel just blanked out a little later than the Anime's comedy approach.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:46   Link #260
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

If they really did it then cool.
I guess i need to read the chapter 16.5 so i can confirm it.
Or maybe i shouldn't being asuna naked at the bed and all....
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote